Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy (3969 Views)

What Is Wrong With Being A Mummy's Boy? / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by doubleking(m): 6:26am On Aug 11, 2012
Wait till u r legally married den show ur real color! R u not a woman?
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 11, 2012
U may get a good guy & u may nt get a better guy. So chill... Theres likelihood he'l change. Wat u nid do is turn real born again & cry 2 God 2 break d yoke. Me suspection some fetishioning.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by drnoel: 10:10am On Aug 11, 2012
then u mother him, eh gbam!
A small percentage of men fall 4 women who are strong as their mother. Madam, see the writing on the wall.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2012
Think about this: the more a man respects her mom, the better he would treat his wife. Provided you love her mom the way he does. Just don't tell him to do anything against his mother's wish, cos if you do, you are already kicking yourself out of the relationship. U should adapt to how he does. Like, if his mom told him to put on color yellow on color black, just say it aloud that you agree. No sensible man will ever want anything to come in between him and his mom. Just be patient, and all will be fine. Remember, u will soon be in your boy mother's shoes soon. Cos u are gonna b a mother also. Patience and understanding is key. But if you think his mom doesn't like u, OYO

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by malaria(f): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
wow is the dude from anambra.no offence meant.buh anambra guys are like dat.my mummy said.anywa op try talk 2 the mum,make her see reasons with u .tell her to let the guy make decisions 4 himself.better still,tell ur man that u love him making decisions 4 himself else u would quit.then watch his reactions
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by butterflyy(f): 9:56am On Aug 12, 2012
Thank u all 4 ur comments. @jhydebaba, am not a gold digger. Av never been. @ solidbroda, i found out that he does not love his mum one bit. He is afraid of her. After receiving a phone call from d mum, he usually becomes sullen aven if she called to say hello. We are to av a private dialogue by 4pm away from house in order to know my stand base on ur helpful contributions. Happy sunday to y'all
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by bendazum: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2012
OP,THE SIGNS ARE THERE. LET HIM GO NOW OR DIVORCE HIM LATER WITH THE PAINS OF DIVORCE ATTACHED.

butterflyy: His mum planned our meeting without our knowing it. We met n liked each other from there we staeted dating. Though d mum love me so much, my problem now is that we dont av secrets between us, it must b d three of us, every request or question is usually answered with ''ok darl i will phone mummy n get back to u'' he is n idependent guy oo. He shivers when his mum calls his phone. We planned changing d living room cotton to light green n this morning he told me that he has to take d cottons back that his mum said she prefers yellow. I really cant put up wth all that. What do i do. Av trie real dialogue, no way
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by sweetgala(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2012
Whatever you do, don't try bully him into changing or threaten to leave. Let him know you love him and his mum, if you wld like to marry him tell him you want him to be more independent leader of the household.
Sell him a dream he can work on, seed the desire of independence in him, it's a fight he has to win himself .

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by bendazum: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
[b][/b]
richarts: U may get a good guy & u may nt get a better guy. So chill... Theres likelihood he'l change. Wat u nid do is turn real born again & cry 2 God 2 break d yoke. Me suspection some fetishioning.

So because op. may not get another man that is why she should settle for less. RUBBISH. I hope you will be here to advice her when she cries that her man doesn't love her again and wants divorce?!
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
butterflyy: Hez 30 n a medical doctor, d last of three boys. He believes hez doing d right thing.
u suppose do dey happy say u don marry medical doctor instead of u to dey complain wether na mummy"s boy or not.many babes go do everything within their power to even get a medical doctor as boyfriend cool
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 13, 2012
Apparently....this is a serz issue and u shud talk to him abt this and see if he is willing to or attempts to change. Otherwise u're marryin him and his mother too and it will only get worse when u guys tie the knot....as his mother now becomes a mother in law...u knw the story btw a mother and mother inlaw naaaa
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by butterflyy(f): 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
thank u all for ur useful advice. I sieved it n landed on a decision. We didnt av d talk again cos he told d mother n she texted me thus '' i wonder what u want to talk with my son away from home, so i decided to come too, to make sure u dont leave him my sweet beautiful angel.'' so i didnt waste time anymore I left him, n they av not let me rest, so i temporaly changed my phone number.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by Abeggi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: that guy is never gon change...
Mummy will always be in charge..
If you can live with that,fine!
If you can't ,please walk!
Goodluck!

Very well put...

OP, he is never going to change, and you cannot change him.

The focus shouldn't really be on his constant deference to his mum, but on whether you are willing to put up with it, and accept the consequences.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy by timilehing(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
butterflyy: Hez 30 n a medical doctor, d last of three boys. He believes hez doing d right thing.
its d mum dat set u up unless u break up and start afresh without d mum

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Female Guest Needed For Next Tomorrow Biography Interview / Wat Is The Meaning Of "Tap Current" / Meet Kanya Sesser, The Legless, Multi-talented Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.