Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,118 members, 7,845,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe (16058 Views)

Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Reno Omokri And Doyin Okupe Come After Bola Tinubu On Twitter(Pics) / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by nduchucks: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2012
Honest Observers, Sycophants, Political jobbers, PDP members, Members of opposition parties, Men and Women of repute will answer “The President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan” [/b]to the following question: [b] “Where does the buck stop?”

No sane person would say that the buck stops with Tinubu, El-Rufai, Buhari, Seun, or any other Nigerian. Most sycophantic GEJ supporters are simply engaged in the shameful game of buck passing.

I know of many ardent supporters of GEJ’s who also agree that the President is failing, as far as tackling the Boko Haram issue is concerned. This honest admission does not make them less of supporters of GEJ’s, in fact many of them support GEJ with their time, money, and write-ups in our news papers.

I find it interesting that the sycophantic supporters of GEJ on NL are basically toothless, have no influence whatsoever on GEJ or his policies, but are driven my myopic objectives, bigotry, and the need for online attention. These people have my pity.

I am tempted to call these sycophants, Ode Iddo, Mumu, or simply, Onye Apari
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Maxidoe(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
Some Nigerians will not cease to amaze me,someone here said GEJ is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since 1970,another one said he is on his way to become the best president we ever had,you guys are kidding right?or is this how money and other material things make a grown man loose his sense of reasoning,pride,and integrity?Corruption is at its highest in the history of this country,insecurity at its worst in the history of this country?poverty at its worst in the history of this country?yet a supposed sane man said this the best thing to happen to Nigeria since 70,can you beat that?Its only a listening government that the opinion of the people matters and this govt is not one.During the subsidy when we asked them to revert to 65 naira,did they listen?when we shout and scream fight corruption have they listened?when they were advised to restore Salami did they listen?when they were advised against the appoitment of Deziaani the corrupt queen did they listen?so please let's just be objective for once,so far GEJ and his cabinet is a disaster.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by lanrefront1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
delvinmaya: Am confused with some things here. 1st i keep reading bout 40 man laptop brigade,are people here senile and childish that they have to resort to name calling coz of a person's view? Makes u no different from boko haram. Secondly El Rufai keeps blabbing his mouth around and yet he has failed to proffer a single solution,and he is living in the past. Of what concern is it to us that he clamoured for gej to be made president during the yar'adua saga. Thats like telling me the story of how Abraham almost sacrificed his son. A wise individual once said yesterday is gone,peter rufai,so el rufai better get that into his skull. @beaf,you sef don dey gree say you be 40 man brigade,u no be man? Abeg hold onto your belief n views,anybody way dey vex fit jump in front of moving train.

First of all, you keep hearing about the 40 men laptop brigade because it's real. Noone is senile here.

You said Beaf should hold on to his belief. Sorry to disapoint you, but Beaf activities on Nairaland, and several others like him are derived from any convictions. They are simply earning their pay. These guys are paid agents. Anyone who has spent a little time on Nairaland and has half a brain knows that.

It's so obvious; wonder why it is not to you?
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by lanrefront1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
dedeike:
This is exactly the problem Okupe has with El Rufai. You just come and rant rubbish without offering any logical or coherent response to the subject matter of discourse.
Pray how does this your tantrums address the topic at hand.
This is just an escapist strategy to distract us from the cross pollination of ideas in this botanical garden of Intellectuals. But I won't oblige you
It's understandable that you may not have the intellectual and mental ability to sustain a healthy debate on this score.
It's better you just keep quiet and learn from the sidelines.

Funny; but you and your fellow colleagues have reacted with the same strategy to many meaningful and insightful posts that punctures holes in your logic to many times to count.

However, I do agree that El-rufai with are seeming to be nothing more than predictable rhetorics aim at cheap popularity. He seem interested in scoring political points against GEJ than being concerned about his kins who are been slaughtered by Bokoharam.

However, they are so many things wrong with GEJ's goverment that has nothing to do with Bokoharam.

I for one has never being to crossed with over Bokoharam. Bokoharam solution is with the Northern faction of PDP. What can any President do, if the Northern elites are bent on killing their own people as means of blackmailing for power. They understand and know the terrain more than anyone.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Dollarman101: 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
Maxidoe: Some Nigerians will not cease to amaze me,someone here said GEJ is the best thing to happen to Nigeria since 1970,another one said he is on his way to become the best president we ever had,you guys are kidding right?or is this how money and other material things make a grown man loose his sense of reasoning,pride,and integrity?Corruption is at its highest in the history of this country,insecurity at its worst in the history of this country?poverty at its worst in the history of this country?yet a supposed sane man said this the best thing to happen to Nigeria since 70,can you beat that?Its only a listening government that the opinion of the people matters and this govt is not one.During the subsidy when we asked them to revert to 65 naira,did they listen?when we shout and scream fight corruption did they listen?when they were advised to restore Salami did they listen?when they were advised against the appoitment of Deziaani the corrupt queen did they listen?so please let's just objective for once,so GEJ and his cabinet is a disaster.
It's difficult to read through your garbage without paragraphs. But I go try. The problem with so many of you guys is that you don't know anything about governance and cannot even make an objective assessment of one.
For your mind, the removal of subsidy was done to exploit you. So despite all the economic reasons behind the policy, you still hold strongly to this layman view. SMH.
I don't know how else to explain this to you. But I go try. Govt removed subsidy so that they go deregulate the market. The advantage of deregulation be say private individuals will be attracted to operate refineries in Nigeria. The voodoo be say govt is not a good businessman everywhere. They suppose comot hand so that private sector will take over,
When private people take over, importation will stop. When importation stops, prices go drop because no more shipping money ontop our fuel.
Employment go full. Competition go dey. When competition dey, customer is king. When customer is king, prices go fall.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Skii(m): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dollarman101:
It's difficult to read through your garbage without paragraphs. But I go try. The problem with so many of you guys is that you don't know anything about governance and cannot even make an objective assessment of one.
For your mind, the removal of subsidy was done to exploit you. So despite all the economic reasons behind the policy, you still hold strongly to this layman view. SMH.
I don't know how else to explain this to you. But I go try. Govt removed subsidy so that they go deregulate the market. The advantage of deregulation be say private individuals will be attracted to operate refineries in Nigeria. The voodoo be say govt is not a good businessman everywhere. They suppose comot hand so that private sector will take over,
When private people take over, importation will stop. When importation stops, prices go drop because no more shipping money ontop our fuel.
Employment go full. Competition go dey. When competition dey, customer is king. When customer is king, prices go fall.

Oga dollar which way na,
No be for the whole subsidy drama na im we take see as this people dey take chop money on top our head?

Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by maskara01: 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
I have patiently gone tru almost what everyone wrote on this trend and its clear that we have 2 separate groups here. One pro GEJ and the other Pro CPC. Permit me to correct that the presumed Pro GEJ are actualy pro One Nigeria! No one is happy with what's going on around but then if you don't have anything to offer in helping to tackle these Boko haram madness please Mallam el-rufai SHUT-UP! Have u forgotten that u are a northerner? Yet you can't talk to Boko haram to sheat their swords? Did GEJ kill yusuf? Was it not yar'adua that gave the order on his way to brazil? Then why blame him for Boko haram? When u were the minister, was the power sector any better?

Like I said....if u can't proffer solutions SHUT-UP.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Skii(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
naturalwaves:
Lol.I took a space on d 1st page yesterday.Going there right now. tongue

grin
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by cjfavour(m): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
Elueme: What are we not saying brother.. Time has come for us to live above partisanship and biase and focus on how we can move Nigeria forward.. I have presented my position with sharp comparison and contrast on the scenario you initially pointed at.. Privatization had worked in many other societies... OBasanjo initiated the process of defining a capitalist form of economy for the country after a protracted years of no definitive economic pattern.. Though couldn't fully establish it neither did he fail.. Taking you back memory lane, I ll remind you that el Rufai was the person who chaired our privatization ventures and if it failed as you said, then elrufai should be held liable.. Talking of debt, though am not an economist but borrowing is part of what makes any economy, find out... And I heard Ngozi Iweala saying somedays back on AIT that the country was going to take proactive measures to guide against frivolous borrowing next year to avoid the mistake of the past and you should know that the individual state borrowing is still part of country's debt indices, I say dis to expunge your mindset that every incurred debt is by fed govt ..I bothered you on the above statement cos your statement tend to blackmail the finance minister of insincerity which ll be very unfair to her.
Maybe u didnt understand me.NOI is my sis so i'll nt lie against her.During OBJ regime,she told us dt our debts were weighing us down dt we need to exit and dt it will b better for us.we did bt recently i heard dt in 2013 Nigeria will embark on another borrowing spree led by her.Is dt nt in consistency?Why is she pretending dt she dsnt know about bad debt and good debt? On privatisation,u misunderstood me.OBJ and d mad dog elrufai were indicted heavely on d privatization investigation.It was discovered dt they sold Nigeria properties to themselves and bought them with Nigeria's money.Most of them were cancelled thereby rendering d privatisation inconclusive. Meanwhile what i was saying is dt our president shld embark on policy projects he can finish within his tenure and nt embarking on a long term policy dt will extend to another persns tenure.The persn might discontinue with dt his policy project just like in OBJ case.U get me now?
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Dollarman101: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
Skii:

Oga dollar which way na,
No be for the whole subsidy drama na im we take see as this people dey take chop money on top our head?
Baba skii, na true you talk. And na Wetin make JONA wan remove the subsidy. Make we reason am.
If JONA wan steal oil money like others before him, he will even encourage the subsidy thing. He will never contemplate removing it because it's the no 1 conduit pipe for corruption.
JONA tire for the looting of his people's resources by the north so he went for subsidy removal make everybody go rest.
Look, if you see the billions wey these northern corrupt civil servants in NNPC and PPPRA they make through subsidy, you go shock.
The best bet was and still remains private sector takeover. And you know say private individuals no fit venture into any business where govt dey fix price. Make market forces fix prices.
That's the way it should be
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by donfineboi: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dollarman101:

U make me laugh. The subsidy removal was not in d best interest of nigerians. Nigeria is one of the 10 biggets producers of crude oil but d cost of fuel per liter is the most expensive when compared amongst the 10 top producers. Many of us know that the whole subsidy thing is a scam doctored by PDP for PDP pay masters. With over 70% percent of the population living on less than $3 a day,a caring govt ought to be have been more considerate. GEJ just wanted to cover the subsidy theft and pretended it never happened, hence the announcement on the removal of susbsidy on d 2nd of jan 2012. But it didn't turn out that way, and thanx to whistle blowers like senator Saraki, the sins of susbsidy came out, and the house of reps came out with a report...... We all know the story, but what many of us dnt know is that, tHe PDP govt came up with a scheme to defile the house of reps report. All those stories about $3 mill bribe is just a show to discredit the report. Then AIG who is a close ally to GEJ, was made to head 2 seperate commities on d whole subsidy crap. ​​=))º°˚˚°ºнa=DĦ=Daнaº°˚˚°º‎​=)) nigeria a big show. HOw do u think AIG was able to acquire intercontinental bank whiCh is over 2 times bigger than his unknown access bank. And also Aig happens to be a major share holder in one of the companies indicted by the house of reps report, but the AIG turned out to be a relative to the main AIG. ​​=))º°˚˚°ºнa=DĦ=Daнaº°˚˚°º‎​=))
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by cjfavour(m): 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dollarman101:
Baba skii, na true you talk. And na Wetin make JONA wan remove the subsidy. Make we reason am.
If JONA wan steal oil money like others before him, he will even encourage the subsidy thing. He will never contemplate removing it because it's the no 1 conduit pipe for corruption.
JONA tire for the looting of his people's resources by the north so he went for subsidy removal make everybody go rest.
Look, if you see the billions wey these northern corrupt civil servants in NNPC and PPPRA they make through subsidy, you go shock.
The best bet was and still remains private sector takeover. And you know say private individuals no fit venture into any business where govt dey fix price. Make market forces fix prices.
That's the way it should be
I like the reasons u gave for d subsidy removal.Its nt dt i cant couter it bt i'll let it pass.My question now is,why didnt GEJ goons explain it this way?Is this nt an after thought?Why didnt they take tam david west challenge?When did this subsidy payment start and who started it?David west was an ex petrol minister,is he nt sure of what he's saying? They were saying dt govt need money,why didnt and havent they stopd subsidizing pigrimages?DNT JOIN THESE PPL DT LIKE HOODWINKING D PPL THEY'RE RULING.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by donfineboi: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
GEJ has been an outsider in the whole PDPnational politics. He met the rot there, he didn't create it, he's trying to fight it, but he he realises its a battle he can't win, because he can't bring down the house that shelters him(PDP). He means well, he needs our support and prayers. I understand his dilemma. But I can't fold my arms and shut up when I see misgoverence.....
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by searay(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dollarman101:

Guy. If you no know ask questions. Akwa Ibom is the highest performing state in Nigeria. You need to come pay visit for Uyo, you go see the outstanding performance of a PDP man. Akwa Ibom ayayaya!
Abeg tell them. It's not in the party but the individual.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by searay(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I am sure that is the same state they were killing children for child witches.

and instead for the governor to stand for the oppressed,he wages his war against the human right activists.

Any development that is against human right is under-development.
Stop posting foolishness here, no b only u mumu
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by searay(m): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
mikeywise: @oyinbogoju, y do u waste your time on dis guys? They are paid to deceive Nigerians so arguing with them is a waste of time. They are always right, pls save ur energy.
visit Akwa Ibom n see things 4 urself, ok? And stop posting rubbish here
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by delvinmaya(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
lanre_front:

First of all, you keep hearing about the 40 men laptop brigade because it's real. Noone is senile here.

You said Beaf should hold on to his belief. Sorry to disapoint you, but Beaf activities on Nairaland, and several others like him are derived from any convictions. They are simply earning their pay. These guys are paid agents. Anyone who has spent a little time on Nairaland and has half a brain knows that.

am not goi
lanre_front:

am not going to argue with that, its your right to believe whatever you want to believe, as much as it is my right to believe what i want, i can't force my belief on you and neither should you, that is why i think in a constructive argument or discussion, you should respect your opponent, hear him out, not insult or tag. If you do so, what makes you less different from Boko Haram? This is why i had to laugh when someone had to insult me, calling me a member of the 40 man group, and another had to say i lived outside the country. I do hope you understand my view point now. If you respect my point of view, i will respect yours and vice versa.
What i have said earlier i will reiterate, When Anini was arrested by the authorities, it was information gotten from a patriotic citizen that helped. if El-Rufai can help in any way, he should, not that he should keep finding fault.
To those who seem ignorant about the lagos-ibadan expressway, i give you this link, and yes, in case you don't know, try to get a copy of the land use act of 1978, and you will understand that all land in Nigeria belongs to the state govts,

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/bi-courtney-begin-expansion-lagos-ibadan-expressway

[b]" BCHSL spokesperson, Dipo Kehinde, said the decision to begin from the Ibadan end of the road was made due to a lack of cooperation on the part of the Lagos and Ogun state governments.

With the new arrangement, the concessionaire is set to move its operational base to Ibadan.

The firm, which has commenced movement of its equipment from its former base in Ogun State, experienced some disruption when officials of the Ogun State Government and police officers reportedly went to the yard, arrested some workers and forcibly removed equipment.

“BCHSL has petitioned the Federal Government over the seizure of its equipment and the arrest of its workers by officials of the Ogun State Government at the Sagamu Interchange last weekend,” Kehinde said.

“A detachment of mobile policemen and some officials from the governor’s office impounded BCHSL’s excavator, which was promptly moved to the state government secretariat, Abeokuta, on a low-bed truck brought from the government secretariat.”

He also said the policemen were led to the Sagamu interchange by the Ogun State Permanent Secretary, Bureau of Monitoring Project, Tokunboh Odebunmi.

It will be recalled that the 105-kilometre road was handed over to BCHSL on May 26, 2009 to expand, modernise and maintain for a period of 25 years."[/b]

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/columns/clement-kolawole-on-thursday/36094-bi-courtney-and-lagos-ibadan-expressway.
http://www.tellng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=878:bi-courtney-rolls-on-lagos-ibadan-road&Itemid=120
Try to research before you come here to argue pointlessly, and try to read up on the meaning of concession okay. Did not want to deviate from the topic, but felt the need to educate certain people here
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Mekusnwa: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
Elrufai. Is just a loud mouth MF, he has nothing to offer and no solution at all. He can only rant,and abuse people in power,cos he is not given the chance to serve.
Abeg make una bone the am.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by lanrefront1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
dedeike:
Since I was a kid, it has been customary for every news bulletin either on Tv or Radio to end with stories of suicide bombings in Isreal and some parts of middle east.
Till tomorrow, its still recurring. It's difficult to end homegrown terrorism anywhere in the world abruptly.
If the terrorism is sponsored from outside or perpetrated by outsiders, you can deploy your intelligence to Quell it. You can even deny them access and entry into the country. You can also block their monetary transfers.
But you have a situation where a section of the country is indisposed to the present power equation and they feel that the best way to go about it is to bomb themselves gradually.
It could have been better and easier if Boko Haram were an army of sorts or a rebel group which are visible and advance with their military might to capture territories like in Syria.
I will be the first person to call for GEJ's sack, if he can't deploy soldiers to confront them.

But in this case, BH is an orientation. Anybody can automatically be a Boko haram once you take up the orientation. There's no special camp or uniform or faces.
All it takes is to go into your closet and couple up Gas cylinder and cables and drive to the nearest public place to kill yourself.
You have nothing to loose so even when a security man tries to stop you in your tracks, you explode yourself and the deed is done.
Then we all converge in Nairaland to shout GEJ.

The new Bokoharam is the Northern faction of PDP. I wish you people will make that clear in your assertion instead of of just generalizing by saying "Northern elites".

Even General Azazi said this much. It has nothing to do with Buhari, El-rufai etc.

Is it such a difficult thing to rationalize.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by gabreel: 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
Hello folks,
Now it is obvious dat some of the nairalander are use as an arsenal and artilleries to propagate biase and unpatriotic whims and caprices of the politicians.
Be it known unto u dat, the God almighty in which we serve in this country is watching and coming to reward every man according to his works and contributions.
Be part of the truth becos our God is the true and faithful one.(Rev.22:6-7) God bless Nigeria
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:22am On Aug 12, 2012
searay:
Stop posting foolishness here, no b only u mumu

So you hate truth this much?

Isn't it known worldwide that u're killing children based on senceless childwitchcraft and same akpabio is in support of it.

It take little to brainwash akwa-ibom peeps.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by OmoLisabi(m): 3:01am On Aug 12, 2012
searay:
Abeg tell them. It's not in the party but the individual.
in the land of the blind,the quarter eyed man may even be a king. just take note of his allocation equate it with others and you will feel like@@@@@@@@@@
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by jpphilips(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
Beaf:

Your argument is that of an enemy of Nigeria.

The fact there there is a President does not stop each of us being patriotic. Even worse, it is not an excuse for subversives, desperados and lovers of the status quo like El Rufai to shout gleeful alleluya's each time a boko haram bomb takes another innocent life.

If anyone wants to be an observer in our own country, then they might as well apply for a Chadian or Sudanese passport.

arrant Nonsense!! When it comes to removing subsidy to fighting corruption he forgets patriotic Nigerians.

When it comes to eating 1m naira bole, he forgets patriotic Nigerians

when it comes to infarastructural development,health care etc he forgets patriotic Nigerians but immediately boko haram strikes,

he remembers patriotic Nigerians.

Mr beaf and Mr joboy,

how many patriotic Nigerians did you consult before dashing our maritine agency to a millitant?

See their heads like scrotal sacks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okada Ban: Motorcycle Dealers Nationwide To Cast Protest Votes / Fire Outbreak At INEC Office In Imo (Photo) / Gbenga Ashafa's 61st Birthday: Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.