Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,764 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe (16061 Views)

Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Reno Omokri And Doyin Okupe Come After Bola Tinubu On Twitter(Pics) / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by donfineboi: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2012
cjfavour: i beg to disagreee. Which of these countries u mentioned have ever arrested a bomber and released him to sm clerics to later go and bomb more ppl? Which of them have evr told his ppl dt they're d only one critisizing him dt international community mostly Obama and co are praising him?which of them have ever told their ppl dt he dnt give a damn?which of them have ever negotiated with terrorists and begged dt a terror group shld nt b classified as one? Which of them have evr said dt terrorist aka boko haram are in his cabinet bt he'v nt deemed it fit to change or reorganized his cabinet ever since? Which of them have ever told his ppl dt he know d sponsors of a terrorist group bt have nt arrested on or exposed one? Which of them protects corrupt politician like ours?which of them intentionally appoints corrupt ppl in his cabinet?which of them rule his country with commitee upon committee?which of them appoint one who's involve in a case to investigate dt same case as he did with d former access bank MD AIG IMOUKHUEDE? Which of them run a bogus govt in a period like recession? WHICH OF THEM ALLOW HIS WIFE TO B FIRST LADY AND ALSO PERM SEC? Shld i continue? I DNT GIVE A DAMN !!!

It gladdens my heart when I realise that they are some rational Nigerians who keeps note and who is aware of the anomalies going on in this federation. It gladdens my heart when I see That not every can be arse lickers and bloody psycophants who sell their destinies aNd that of their children for a plate of beans. With people like you, there's hope for this country because we know what is right when we see it.... Not give praiseS to whAt is wrong and fool ourselves aNd our future. GOd bless you
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by cjfavour(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

U talk like a KID without sense what do you know about terrorism self... U think na to throw knock out.. So what you have been saying is that GEJ has been the one releasing those guys abi
mr intelligent man, tell me about terrorism. Is GEJ nt d head of state of this damn country?If he's nt d one dt released d bombers,now d news have broken have he ordered for d arrest of all those dt released them? Have he?If GEJ fails God forbid who will be held responsible? His ministers?those dt released d bombers? His committe chairmen?you?me?GEJ himself? Do u know why i dnt want him to fail? Bcs if he succeed it is for d whole country,for mine and ours benefit.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by cjfavour(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2012
I still remember OBJ's statement dt it's nt compusory for him to take d advice of his advicers. El rufai is a beast and i call him mad dog bt are u sure he'v nt advised GEJ? Are u nt aware dt GEJ dnt take advise? If he does why havent he dropped d dirty deziani,adokie,niger delta minister and others, wise and intelligent ppl have bn warning him to drop?why havent he declared his assests? B4 he droppd d former security chiefs,wise ppl were advising him to change him bt he refused until he told d world dt it is PDP dt was breeding boko haram b4 he droppd him by force?

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Pennywise(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2012
This govt is a complete failure. Oshiomhole's govt in Edo state was met with d usual sceptism on assumption of office. But he has allowed his good work to speak for him so much so that anybody criticising Oshomhole now is an enemy of all Edo pple. He didn't need to hire fake intellectuals to launder his image on a faceless forum. Even Obj didn't need to. Neither did Yaradua.

To Jonathan's image handlers on NL. Consider ur responses very well bc u are becoming monotonous and frequently irrelevant in ur responses. In d eyes of d world your principal is

1. Corrupt- irrespective of whether he gives a damn or not. This might be a reason why he has a problem effectively prosecuting corruption. Monumental financial scandals is a dly occurrence in his govt and nothing is being done.
He refuses to let go openly corrupt persons in his cabinet like Diezani and Adoke

2. Inept in d fight against terrorism. Sending a few soldiers with a pick up van to confront suicidal maniacs doesn't constitute a fight against terror. Borders remain porous, BH access funds freely, insufficient security manpower resources etc

3 Goofy president. Yes he is a PHD holder but our expectations of him is no more than a little common sense in his utterances. And u will do well to have his wife under lock and key bc every remark of hers makes pple question the IQ of d first family.

All of a sudden all u paid Jonathan attack dogs make el Nasir -a thieving opportunist look like a folk hero when he is not.

U are here to win friends for ur principal. Stop attacking contributors on Nl. In d past critical threads about Jonathan and his govt will last 1-2 pages but since u came on in d last 2mths these threads are going d distance. And u big pple in Abuja have made small pple like us big shots telling u as it is.

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Chidosqi: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2012
Megabyts: When a govt cant solve the problems of the governed the honourable thing is for gej and his crew to resign.
What is GEJ not doing?
The country is doingbwell in all ramifications except for security where rufai and his friends are pouring their Obasanjo gotten wealth. Have you ever heard Balance preach against Book Haram?
My problem Jonathan is his inability to make sure people like rufai haven't fallen in their bath rooms or unfortunately driven his car into Jabi lake.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Elueme: 8:41am On Aug 11, 2012
Pennywise: This govt is a complete failure. Oshiomhole's govt in Edo state was met with d usual sceptism on assumption of office. But he has allowed his good work to speak for him so much so that anybody criticising Oshomhole now is an enemy of all Edo pple. He didn't need to hire fake intellectuals to launder his image on a faceless forum. Even Obj didn't need to. Neither did Yaradua.

To Jonathan's image handlers on NL. Consider ur responses very well bc u are becoming monotonous and frequently irrelevant in ur responses. In d eyes of d world your principal is

1. Corrupt- irrespective of whether he gives a damn or not. This might be a reason why he has a problem effectively prosecuting corruption. Monumental financial scandals is a dly occurrence in his govt and nothing is being done.
He refuses to let go openly corrupt persons in his cabinet like Diezani and Adoke

2. Inept in d fight against terrorism. Sending a few soldiers with a pick up van to confront suicidal maniacs doesn't constitute a fight against terror. Borders remain porous, BH access funds freely, insufficient security manpower resources etc

3 Goofy president. Yes he is a PHD holder but our expectations of him is no more than a little common sense in his utterances. And u will do well to have his wife under lock and key bc every remark of hers makes pple question the IQ of d first family.

All of a sudden all u paid Jonathan attack dogs make el Nasir -a thieving opportunist look like a folk hero when he is not.

U are here to win friends for ur principal. Stop attacking contributors on Nl. In d past critical threads about Jonathan and his govt will last 1-2 pages but since u came on in d last 2mths these threads are going d distance. And u big pple in Abuja have made small pple like us big shots telling u as it is.
When a government fails completely Nigerians ll know... For now your assertion of a complete failure is not true.. If I may ask failure in what aspect? Thegovt is performing in many other areas except security in the north and do we need to go into that analogy for you to understand what is actually going on? Criticism is welcomed but I plead for it to have tunes of reality and truthful.. Outright force ll not solve the security challenges of that nature maybe that is why the govt had not overtly reacted, which may even worsen the situation. I however, agree that the govt should change strategy but you shouldn't be cowed by these faceless group cos that is their aim and it's strictly political.
You made mention of Oshomohle meeting an Herculean challenge which he was able to resolve and such endeared him to EDOLITES.. Yes, he meant structural decadence but never meant the problem of fanatical insurgency.. Insurgency in anywhere in the world is never won in a Gifffy. You ll be very unfair to the president to compared hesitation athand with the situation of Edo state as it then was. Oshomohle in his first 18 months couldn't do anything in the state , kidnapping and armed robbery attained its peak in the history of Edo state in his first 2 yrs in office and ir is still prevalent( just yesterday nite a senior colleague was kidnapped on his way back from work in Benin city) but in these Edo people didn't call for his resignation or call him names.. All the why he went through persecution and frustration from the then house of assembly, Edo people stood by him and understood that his underperformance is politically motivated.. The contrast is the case with GEJ , against all odds posed by saboteurs he is standing out in many other areas like power, electoral reforms, economic growth( Nigeria among the ten fastest growing economy in the world), several reforms etc.. Unlike oshomohle's Edo , Nigeria is complex and versed with multi ethnic interest and scheming but GEJ has been able to fairly touch every zone. Unlike oshobaba, Jonathan was misunderstood due to spurious propaganda by elrufai and co and had not been given time to deliver.. Unlike Oshomohle who it took 3 yrs plus to get a good framework for Edo state inspire of all the goodwill and support from the masses, GEJ is 15 months in office.
You said Edo people will mk you an enemy if you CRITICISE Oshomohle, pls don't misinform Nigerians . EDOLITES still remain the most politically enlightened people in the country.. Icriticise Oshomohle on the streets of Benin when necessary and people are after your points not to huss at you, superior argument takes the day.. You have lied against these people with high level of political tolerance though they don 't like being cheated..
I am confident, GEJ ll be the best president so far in the history of the country, this is what some elements are seeing so working tirelessly to frustrate him.. If in 15months, our confidence in the electoral system is being restored, power is relatively improved, our airports and aviation system is adjudged to have met international standard on safety, astronomical inprovement in education by esta new fed univ , increasing allocation to the highest so far in history,acceded to ASUU demands, Nigerian universities can now be found among 100 best in the world, etc, in the areas of road/ railway reconstruction/ rehabilitation pls find out.. Etc
The man is doing his best if given the conducive environment, he will do very well.. Some co operation and understanding pls.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Pataki: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2012
Every time I read the comments of these 40 laptop crews, I am more and more convinced we are cursed with a Retardeen as President.

Keep it up you government paid agents. El-Rufai has spoken out his mind. Let your clueless government handle the challenges that he has highlighted, and stop disturbing our senses with senseless and eediotic media attacks upon those who criticize President Retardeen's government.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by ELOGBO: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2012
GEJ remain d best presi. So far n d problm of dis country is mstly insecurity, let hmmm help us flosh dem out. INCLUDIN EL~ FUALT FINDER
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2012
What pains most is that these bunch of people supporting the failed system have refused to let a single good work that benefitted Nigerian citizen to speak for them.

If this is how good minds are being challenge at the seat of power then we have a long battle to fight in Nigeria.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2012
ELOGBO: GEJ remain d best presi. So far n d problm of dis country is mstly insecurity, let hmmm help us flosh dem out. INCLUDIN EL~ FUALT FINDER

The issue is more than fault

WHAT WE HAVE IS NATIONAL EPIDEMIC WHICH IS SPREADING LIKE FIRE,IF YOU REFUSE TO SPEAK OUT<T WILL CONSUME YOU AND OTHERS SOON.........
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by cjfavour(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2012
Elueme: When a government fails completely Nigerians ll know... For now your assertion of a complete failure is not true.. If I may ask failure in what aspect? Thegovt is performing in many other areas except security in the north and do we need to go into that analogy for you to understand what is actually going on? Criticism is welcomed but I plead for it to have tunes of reality and truthful.. Outright force ll not solve the security challenges of that nature maybe that is why the govt had not overtly reacted, which may even worsen the situation. I however, agree that the govt should change strategy but you shouldn't be cowed by these faceless group cos that is their aim and it's strictly political.
You made mention of Oshomohle meeting an Herculean challenge which he was able to resolve and such endeared him to EDOLITES.. Yes, he meant structural decadence but never meant the problem of fanatical insurgency.. Insurgency in anywhere in the world is never won in a Gifffy. You ll be very unfair to the president to compared hesitation athand with the situation of Edo state as it then was. Oshomohle in his first 18 months couldn't do anything in the state , kidnapping and armed robbery attained its peak in the history of Edo state in his first 2 yrs in office and ir is still prevalent( just yesterday nite a senior colleague was kidnapped on his way back from work in Benin city) but in these Edo people didn't call for his resignation or call him names.. All the why he went through persecution and frustration from the then house of assembly, Edo people stood by him and understood that his underperformance is politically motivated.. The contrast is the case with GEJ , against all odds posed by saboteurs he is standing out in many other areas like power, electoral reforms, economic growth( Nigeria among the ten fastest growing economy in the world), several reforms etc.. Unlike oshomohle's Edo , Nigeria is complex and versed with multi ethnic interest and scheming but GEJ has been able to fairly touch every zone. Unlike oshobaba, Jonathan was misunderstood due to spurious propaganda by elrufai and co and had not been given time to deliver.. Unlike Oshomohle who it took 3 yrs plus to get a good framework for Edo state inspire of all the goodwill and support from the masses, GEJ is 15 months in office.
You said Edo people will mk you an enemy if you CRITICISE Oshomohle, pls don't misinform Nigerians . EDOLITES still remain the most politically enlightened people in the country.. Icriticise Oshomohle on the streets of Benin when necessary and people are after your points not to huss at you, superior argument takes the day.. You have lied against these people with high level of political tolerance though they don 't like being cheated..
I am confident, GEJ ll be the best president so far in the history of the country, this is what some elements are seeing so working tirelessly to frustrate him.. If in 15months, our confidence in the electoral system is being restored, power is relatively improved, our airports and aviation system is adjudged to have met international standard on safety, astronomical inprovement in education by esta new fed univ , increasing allocation to the highest so far in history,acceded to ASUU demands, Nigerian universities can now be found among 100 best in the world, etc, in the areas of road/ railway reconstruction/ rehabilitation pls find out.. Etc
The man is doing his best if given the conducive environment, he will do very well.. Some co operation and understanding pls.
WHAT ARE U GUYS TALKING ABOUT? WHAT HAVE U SEEN HIM DO?GOD!!!! DNT BE DECEIVED BY ALL THESE TALK OF POLICY UPON POLICIES. LONG TERM POLICY MY FOOT. THE SAME POLICY OBJ USED 8 YRS TO ESTABLISH BY DESTROYING TOLL GATES BT TODAY THEY'RE PLANNING TO BRING IT BACK,IS IT PRIVATISATION WHICH OBJ USED TO RAPE THIS COUNTRY,EVERY GOV BRING HIS OWN POLICY SO ANY POLICY DT LAST MORE THAN 2 YRS TO MATURE IS A BAD POLICY. OR HAVE U NT HEARD DT FEW YRS AFTER EXITING FOREIGN DEBT CLUB DT D SAME WOMAN DT FORCED US TO EXIT WILL IN 2013 LEAD US TO D SAME PARIS DEBT CLUB? HAVE U NT HEARD WE'LL BORROW HEAVILY IN 2013?
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by cjfavour(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2012
ELOGBO: GEJ remain d best presi. So far n d problm of dis country is mstly insecurity, let hmmm help us flosh dem out. INCLUDIN EL~ FUALT FINDER
INSECURITY? WHAT ABOUT CORRUPTION? ARE YOU TURNING BLIND EYE TO THAT? IS HE FIGHTING CORRUPTION WITH ADOKE AS D HEAD OF EFCC? DNT TELL ME ITS LAMORDE BCS ITS ADOKE DT WILL TELL HIM TO PROSECUTE B4 HE DOES. ARE U AWARE OF ADOKE'S COMPLICITY IN CORRUPT CASES MOSTLY D MALABU OIL WELL DEAL?
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by andyanders: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2012
El Rufai is a thief. If he likes, he should go ahead and write rubbish.He still remains a thief.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2012
Pro GEJ still finding their way to internet cafe.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2012
I think this guys are just playing politics with our heads, trying to make us think and agree to their ideas. The point remains that no opposition would offer solutns to government except it is rightly approached e.g the GEJ- Ribadu appointment. Besides, we all need to take a stand on our personal thoughts abt dis government and not allow any politician's comment pollute it. Cos, its gonna be ur decideing tool for 2015.. If dis government is doing fine for you, good, and you feel u can give it anoda 4 years, stand for it, likewise if nt stand for it. It is only by dis we can make any meaniful difference and fight for our Nigeria 2geda, just as we did during the subsidy period...thank you
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by soulfood(m): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2012
"an occupant who blames everyone but himself for his zero performance"
And the winner is El Rufai.LOL. See killer punch.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by donfineboi: 9:22am On Aug 11, 2012
President jonathan so have made some commendable progress in power distribution no doubt. But the biggest problem we are facing as a nation is corruption and in that area he has failed woefully. Let's be sincere. Another major problem is insecurity and the president is almost clueless in solving the problem. Since he said with his own mouth that boko haram is aprt of his govt let him do something about it. It is painful to see the supposedly most powerful man in Nigeria act timid and confused.... That's why many people are rising up to express their feelings towards the presidents short comings. He needs to grab the bull by the horn.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Skii(m): 9:24am On Aug 11, 2012
Kai...where was I when this thread was brewing o.... grin
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by searay(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2012
wrexs: @Beaf...and why should the citizenry be the one solving the problem for the Government. what is the essence of having a Governement if they cant solve /profer solutions to problems threatening the lives of the people that elected them into power? Being a C-in-C gives such person the power to take decision that protects his people and not begging/intimating oppositions for advise or even pointing fingers at them...if you cant handle it, simply quit.
Illitracy of the century! Are you trying to say that the citizenry has no role to play in nation building?
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Skii(m): 9:41am On Aug 11, 2012
[b]After the needless drama at the Lagos airport when the SSS tried to truncate his trip abroad, Malam Nasir el-Rufai was greeted at his destination with evidence of further misguided action by the Jonathan government grin. That was the spectacle of the recycled shocked Dr. Doyin Okupe providing a specious cheesy political thesis tongue that confirms the crisis of thoughtlessness shocked in government. Dr. Okupe asked that critics of the government should tell it what to do, wrapping his defense of incompetence grin around a false patriotism.” grin grin

Mr. el-Rufai’s spokesman suggested that the Jonathan administration was bereft of ideas. shocked shocked grin

The former minister blasted Mr. Okupe, a recently appointed presidential aide, for excessive enthusiasm lipsrsealed. The statement accused the presidential aide of seeking “to impress in his new job.” shocked grin It then cautioned him to serve the president “with fidelity to history, and cease calling patriots that stand on principles his brothers just so he can smear them.” angry The statement added: “If the Jonathan administration wants El-Rufai to provide them a manual on governing Nigeria, they should do so nicely without violating his civil rights, harassing him incessantly winkor suggesting that the man wants to run for an office now being desecrated shocked lipsrsealed by an occupant who blames everyone but himself for his zero performance.” shocked shocked [/b]

Abeg Seun, we need a "dead" emoticon!! This El-Rufai's Media Advisor MURDERED Dr Okupe
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by naturalwaves: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2012
Skii: Kai...where was I when this thread was brewing o.... grin
Lol.I took a space on d 1st page yesterday.Going there right now. tongue
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:35am On Aug 11, 2012
searay:
Illitracy of the century! Are you trying to say that the citizenry has no role to play in nation building?

Yes they do
I think those at aso rock were elected to represent the same citizen.

Have they ever brought back any report?

Except rapaying those citizen by sending boko haram after them.

Intimidation amd oppression has no limit.

They sit down in tinted vehicle to hide away from the same citizen they represented.

They use bull dog and armour tank to prevent the same citizen from accessing them.

The put lies in the newspaper to deceive the same citizen using big big grammer ordinary man can not understand.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by sheyma: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2012
Super1759: So this arabian goatie mallam is still talking..can elrufai swear that he dosent know anything about BH. So bad!!

Can jona also swear he dosnt knw abt BH too. Dey are all involved 1 way or d other
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by yohannazack(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2012
Those who are quick at askin sombody to profer solution to gej govt. Hav u fogoten dat there hav bin alot presidential committis' reports and recommendations on vatually every issues boderin dis country? Wat has he done wit all dis reports and recommendations? The guy has failed. In fact he lacks d brain, capability, couraj etc to tacle issues head-on. Sombody who doesnt knw d function of constitution, he doesnt knw d meanin of rule of law. He is jst like dat. Its unfotunate dat we wasted our votes on a wrong person. Pls lets alow ppl to express themselvs.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Elueme: 11:28am On Aug 11, 2012
Skii: [/color]

[color=#006600]Abeg Seun, we need a "dead" emoticon!! This El-Rufai's Media Advisor MURDERED Dr Okupe
My brother, if there is any murder here, it could just be your brain for not being able to fathom what Okupe meant... He never asked for a solution from elrufai, he only candidly advised him to stop throwing cautions to the wind in his criticism because ge( elrufai ) was fast losing his self worth before the sane public... He further buttressed that in a sane society, all hands are usually on deck to solve grave national challenge irrespective of politics only for the players to play politics thereafter... A critical example was d 9/11 attack on American soil.. Democrats never played politics with wat happened.. When the British had a homebred insurgency like what we are having now, did they play politics with it.. Nobody is saying that the govt is perfect but blind criticisms without telling the public how you could change the situation if you were in position is just shallow and doesn't carry any ovation to a discerning population.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by sheyma: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigeria is the only country that Politicians are jobless. waiting for every next four years to contest election, and if they lose, they spend another 4yrs criticizing their opponent.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Elueme: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2012
cjfavour: WHAT ARE U GUYS TALKING ABOUT? WHAT HAVE U SEEN HIM DO?GOD!!!! DNT BE DECEIVED BY ALL THESE TALK OF POLICY UPON POLICIES. LONG TERM POLICY MY FOOT. THE SAME POLICY OBJ USED 8 YRS TO ESTABLISH BY DESTROYING TOLL GATES BT TODAY THEY'RE PLANNING TO BRING IT BACK,IS IT PRIVATISATION WHICH OBJ USED TO RAPE THIS COUNTRY,EVERY GOV BRING HIS OWN POLICY SO ANY POLICY DT LAST MORE THAN 2 YRS TO MATURE IS A BAD POLICY. OR HAVE U NT HEARD DT FEW YRS AFTER EXITING FOREIGN DEBT CLUB DT D SAME WOMAN DT FORCED US TO EXIT WILL IN 2013 LEAD US TO D SAME PARIS DEBT CLUB? HAVE U NT HEARD WE'LL BORROW HEAVILY IN 2013?
What are we not saying brother.. Time has come for us to live above partisanship and biase and focus on how we can move Nigeria forward.. I have presented my position with sharp comparison and contrast on the scenario you initially pointed at.. Privatization had worked in many other societies... OBasanjo initiated the process of defining a capitalist form of economy for the country after a protracted years of no definitive economic pattern.. Though couldn't fully establish it neither did he fail.. Taking you back memory lane, I ll remind you that el Rufai was the person who chaired our privatization ventures and if it failed as you said, then elrufai should be held liable.. Talking of debt, though am not an economist but borrowing is part of what makes any economy, find out... And I heard Ngozi Iweala saying somedays back on AIT that the country was going to take proactive measures to guide against frivolous borrowing next year to avoid the mistake of the past and you should know that the individual state borrowing is still part of country's debt indices, I say dis to expunge your mindset that every incurred debt is by fed govt ..I bothered you on the above statement cos your statement tend to blackmail the finance minister of insincerity which ll be very unfair to her.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by muktarmtt(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
dedeike:
No government in the world resigns because of terrorism. Last month we saw Isreali tourists killed by a suicide bomber in Europe, no body called for the resignation of the Bulgarian president.
Till tomorrow, suicide bombings occur in parts of Isreali territory despite their sophistication in intelligence. No body called for resignation of Isreali prime minister.
When US was attacked from outside, not this our home grown terrorism, the whole America stood behind Bush. Both democrats and republicans alike. No body called for Bush's resignation.
It took America almost a decade to track the perpetrator Osama.
Even in Kenya, recently suicide bombings have been going off in parts of Kenya. No body has called for the resignation of the president.
All over the world, terrorism is considered a global threat which must be confronted by all and not playing politics with it.

If it were genocide or internal rebellion which the govt can't contend with, the international community will be calling for GEJ's resignation.
But have you ever wondered why no other country or UN or international community has not condemned GEJ talkless of asking him to resign?
It's food for thought
. U said no goverment resing b cos of terro act u knw dat not anly problem we r facin in dis 9ja corruption high now implilation, price of food nd evryting is getting high we cnt even impliment a proper budget in time, many problems dis guy is jst a cancer to Nigeria he need to step down 4 gud mtws.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by naturalwaves: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
Why will a president appoint a medical doctor as a SSA on public affairs? This president is just getting CLUELESS day by day.I think we need to raise a S.O.S call and save GEJ from 'the cluelessness syndrome'.Power has landed on wrong hands and it is at times like this when d nation is on fire and nothing could be done about it that the great apex of incompetence is brought to d fore.My advice to GEJ: Stop touting individuals,talk less and take actions cos action,they say,speaks louder than words.
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by Skii(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
Elueme: My brother, if there is any murder here, it could just be your brain for not being able to fathom what Okupe meant... He never asked for a solution from elrufai, he only candidly advised him to stop throwing cautions to the wind in his criticism because ge( elrufai ) was fast losing his self worth before the sane public... He further buttressed that in a sane society, all hands are usually on deck to solve grave national challenge irrespective of politics only for the players to play politics thereafter... A critical example was d 9/11 attack on American soil.. Democrats never played politics with wat happened.. When the British had a homebred insurgency like what we are having now, did they play politics with it.. Nobody is saying that the govt is perfect but blind criticisms without telling the public how you could change the situation if you were in position is just shallow and doesn't carry any ovation to a discerning population.

I will let the same humour that I used to jest the first time allow me to overlook the bolded...so I will just laugh at it!! grin grin

Otherwise I will just deliver similar punch lines that El-Rufai's Media advisor handed Okupe...and leave you dead tongue

Because reading the critical example ( i laugh seriously) and the rest of what you posted...I really do not see any correlation (brother indeed) grin

Somebody has posted (just the second post from mine) something you might find interesting grin grin
Re: El-rufai Replies Doyin Okupe by barrybanbi: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
dedeike: Criticism is cheap especially when the critic is clueless. Doyin's admonition is crystal clear. If you feel that government is not doing anything, you adduce reasons why and proffrer alternative solutions. That way people will take you more serious. That is the foundation upon which credible opposition is built.

You can't just call your self an opposition leader and you repeat the same pedestrian lines that an arm chair critic in a local bar will do.

El Rufai should tell us how better he could tackle the Boko haram challenge. He should be able to say GEJ was wrong in appointing the NSA OR the CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF or the new IG of Police.
El Rufai should be able to tell us that, if we had the misfortune of having him as our president in these trying times, he would have sacked all the policemen and recruit new ones so that Boko Haram will stop.
El Rufai should tell us whether he will mount roadblocks on every street in Nigeria so as to prevent suicide bombers from killing themselves and other Nigerians on the process.
EL Rufai should come out and tell us that he wouldn't have charged Senator Ali Nfume to court or he will just shoot him directly.
El Rufai should tell us whether the setting up of JTF is wrong or not.
El Rufai should tell us that he will not be resident in Aso rock while the people are dying hence he will relocate to the streets of Maidugri and govern Nigeria from there.
El rufai should tell us that he will send drones to destroy the people of Maidugri because Boko Haram is in their midst.
Arm chair criticism never brings power. It may be popular in the interim but it has a way of leaving the person hollow at the long run.

i wonder where you come from, El rufai should do this El rufai should do that na wa for you.. Na El rufai be president? when d guy dey power whether you love it or not the man's impact was felt.. will you keep wasting your precious time given advice to a useless administration that has their minds made up? talk is cheap action is difficult grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nobody Stopped Me From Travelling Abroad - Gov Bello / Nnamdi Kanu's File Missing At Appeal Court In Abuja - IPOB Cries Out / Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.