Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love (16051 Views)

I Love My Girlfriend/boyfriend... But .. (add Yours) / I Love My Boyfriend, But He Is Too Fat... / What You Miss Being A Virgin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Leyqute(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2012
@poster
If your job can't fill the space why dontcha develop a hobby.......like skating or playing a musical instrument or anything that you've wanted to do for quite a while
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 14, 2012
vivian chinaza:

To answer your question yes I'm working......though now a white collar job. I'm a very creative person and creativity is my passion but my work is not where I hide when my love life sucks!...

...U need to understand that there is a space in one's life that work cannot fill right?

Yes Vivian, I understand.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by kinglu: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2012
i have same problem, we can talk tru my mail alphaamicus@yahoo.com it will be nice laughing together on past issues.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by missadopted9ja(f): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Love can be so complicated
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
You are probably moody about your failed relationship after putting a lot into it.
What you need is a good friend; to listen you; a really good friend who can control himself, even if you and your looks are tempting.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Denial – The person getting broken up with is unable to admit that the relationship is really over. They may try to continue to call the person when that person wants to be left alone.

Anger – When the reality sets in that the relationship is over, it is common to demand to know why they are being broken up with. This phase can make them feel like they are being treated unfairly and it may cause them to become angry at people close to them who want to help aid the situation.

Bargaining – After the anger stage, one will try to plead with their former partner by promising that whatever caused the breakup will never happen again. Example: “I can change. Please give me a chance”.

Depression – Next the person might feel discouraged that their bargaining plea did not convince their former partner to change their mind. This will send the person into the depression stage and can cause a lack of sleep, eating and even disrupt daily life tasks such as bowel movements.

Acceptance – Moving on from the situation and person is the last stage. The person accepts that the relationship is over and begins to move forward with their life. The person might not be completely over the situation but they are done going back and forth to the point where they can accept the reality of the situation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model#Grieving_a_break-up
Stage 3 YAY you!
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by 190: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
grin grin grin grin

vivian chinaza:

You are on social network so stop being a perverted jerk! You are so disgusting (rolling my eyes). Men like you oh wait, NO! Dogs like you who talk to women like this should be burnt alive! Ewu ofiah!

africa9: what u neeed is a large peeenis in you buttocks

my dear grab your ankles and assume the position
vivian chinaza:

You are on social network so stop being a perverted jerk! You are so disgusting (rolling my eyes). Men like you oh wait, NO! Dogs like you who talk to women like this should be burnt alive! Ewu ofiah!
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by freecocoa(f): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
I think we all have been there at one time or another.

OP you'll be fine,just give it time,go out meet new people and love will find you when you don't even expect.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Sagamite(m): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
vivian chinaza: I feel lonely most times and I try to fill that space up with activities and creativity but my heart keeps yawning for love; to really love someone.......I'm not even sure I want a boyfriend......I just want to be a part of something special. Sometimes I break down and cry, I don't wanna go out and I'm really tired of it. I don't know if this is happening because I'm still very much in love with my ex or another psychological thing. I know this is a phase I have to pass through but the truth is I don't know how to, right now I'm feeling kind of lost......how do I go about this? What should I do? Has any body in the house felt the same way........honestly if I don't do something I might just lose it!

The psychological thing you are talking about is being a woman. It is nature, babes.

Let me use your template to write mine so you understand:

I feel h[i]or[/i]ny most times and I try to fill that space up with activities and creativity but my joystick keeps standing up for ikebes; to really s[i]h[/i]ag them.......I'm not even sure I want a girlfriend......I just want to be a part of insane sex. Sometimes I get hard and shout, I wanna burst out and I'm really tired of it. I don't know if this is happening because women are wearing more sexy clothes these days or another psychological thing. I know this is a phase I have to pass through but the truth is I know how to, right now I'm feeling kind of freaky......how do I go about this? What should I do? Is any chic in the house feeling the same way........honestly if you do hala at me and I will make you lose it!

grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sagamite:

The psychological thing you are talking about is being a woman. It is nature, babes.

Let me use your template to write mine so you understand:

I feel Hot most times and I try to fill that space up with activities and creativity but my joystick keeps standing up for ikebes; to really s[i]h[/i]ag someone.......I'm not even sure I want a girlfriend......I just want to be a part of insane sex. Sometimes I get hard and shout, I wanna go out and I'm really tired of it. I know if this is happening because women are wearing more sexy clothes these days or another psychological thing. I know this is a phase I have to pass through but the truth is Iknow how to, right now I'm feeling kind of freaky......how do I go about this? What should I do? Is any chic in the house feeling the same way........honestly if I you do hala at me and I will make you lose it!
GADDDEMMIT SAGA! LMAO
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Kalemba1: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
I really understand hw u feel dearie, pls contact me let me advice u on wat 2 do. 08132705347 ping: 236354CB. Facebk: IMOH KALEMBA. Ope $ pray 2 hear 4rm u. God bless u
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by enest4all: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dear vivian, am in ur position too. U lovs x so much n wantd 2 always b wit bt he neva gav u such lov. Afta our separation i av numerous gals dat r fa more beautiful dan ha bt yet in evryday i breath of ha i tink of ha. Lif is just d way it is. Just live on dear n find joy in where possible. Tnk u
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
vivian chinaza: I feel lonely most times and I try to fill that space up with activities and creativity but my heart keeps yawning for love; to really love someone.......I'm not even sure I want a boyfriend......I just want to be a part of something special. Sometimes I break down and cry, I don't wanna go out and I'm really tired of it. I don't know if this is happening because I'm still very much in love with my ex or another psychological thing. I know this is a phase I have to pass through but the truth is I don't know how to, right now I'm feeling kind of lost......how do I go about this? What should I do? Has any body in the house felt the same way........honestly if I don't do something I might just lose it!

1 chance
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Benito69(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
my advice to you is change your focus, do what you love doing, go out enjoy life, hang out with friends and Mr. Right or Prince Charming will come along, finally how you package yourself will determine who you attract. cheers!
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by phraze(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
U remind me of one sister in church, working her as$ off, doing all that needs to be done. This is what comes with serving people, you know. She went telling pastor, we neva reali were appreciating her effort. Now you need to do your job, do it, if you want to fall in love again, it just wont happen. Your beauty isnt bullshit, just do urself a favour at times, go to church and ask God for a boyfriend. God listens. God cares. Try Him and come back here for testimonieZ...!
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Ade2k(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
My dear all u nid is God,just ask of him n he will make available direction n wisdom to handle d tinz u cannot.all d best
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by emsquare(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
190:

Rotflmfaoooo

Fanta and egg

Or alomo and ginger - so many mad dudes arund these parts these days

Lmao!
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
vivian chinaza:

I love you already!!!! Serves him right!!!. About how you are feeling, i think i kindof feel the same way, but i don't want a guy, i just want to be loved and i don't want a relationship. I think you should chill, take your time, and work on your emotions, don't get involved yet, and open your heart to new love. You will be alright.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Konnektions146(m): 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
OP,
i think u have refused to wake up from de realities of yur past relationship.
u need to do more, after dat relationship, yu withdrew yourself froma lot of things and its not helping u,
i know u will always reminisce on yur good times and all dat but at dis point work and activities cant help u. ...believe it or not, u need a guy, it may not be a romantic affair but u need some kinda being of the opposite sex to take yur mind away from de old guy and mind u, its just more like a solace .
as well, dont hold any grudge against yur EX, it will help u heal faster.

i want yu to try more, clear yur head, open yur mind and free yur world of the past (though it aint easy) and be happy.

wishin yu de best

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
africa9: what u neeed is a large peeenis in you buttocks

my dear grab your ankles and assume the position

sad sadshocked grin grin grin grin grin hahahahha.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Fermosky: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
This thing happening to you is not new, i have the same situation, unlike you, i didn't break up with anyone and i have learnt to control my emotion, one thing you have to do is to break d ties between you and your ex, try to talk to yourself as if you'r advicing someone on the same matter, i have tried it and it's working but that doesn't mean that you won't feel emotionally downcast but it will be minimal. Everybody needs to love and be loved, but waiting for true love is the best.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by madeinnigeria: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
U neva wan talk wetin dey do u abi? Wen you are ready let niralanders knw...imagine who u dey threatin sey u wan loose am..loose it infact throw it away sef..just tell us d truth about ur previous relationship then from there we will prescribe u a solution

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Gbengadavid(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
wat u need nw is time to put ursef bk 2geder nd it wil take u a much time to be in luv again coz to actually fel in luv again after been jinted by sumone is a very serious issue u need u dont joke wit.bt i wil advice u nt to alone like dat bt find a cul guy to make a friend,someone u knw he can advice u wen it comes 2 an emmotion.so wit time God wil provide ur own 4 u.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by spikesC(m): 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
freecocoa: I think we all have been there at one time or another.

OP you'll be fine,just give it time,go out meet new people and love will find you when you don't even expect.

Eehhmm, i have not oo. Can we have such in common grin
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by xpensivethony: 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
deep inside you something is missing,and that thing need to be found,but it does not matter how soon,so take ur precious time to search for the ryt guy who will nt joke with ur heart again...

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by donjunu24: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hey! Am actually in the same situation. I think it is normal especially when u are hoping
Your ex will come back. I think the important thing right now is to accept your ex is nt coming back
Then slowly try to heal and get to value and love urself. You will soon discover you are worth more than you place on urself. Engage in other activities, read books, watch movies, do what you enjoy. Learn how to make money. Build yourself to be the kind of partner you want to have. Then above all pray and let go. Soon u will discover u have mastered ur emotions and are in control. At that point u will be able to have the right mind to choose a guy that u deserve and deserves you.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by Admonition: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
I think you are psychologically and emotionally down because of the crash in your relationship. Usually this is what happens when greater percentage of one’s relationships is embellished with many bodily gratifications (sexual pleasures and satisfaction, high passions and desires for companionships, amusements and emotional satisfactions including so much togetherness). All these always mask the reality check of true love and often times we always misrepresents it as love.
These things have the capabilities of creating a deep hollow in our minds and emotions when they are not forthcoming. Hence the yearning to satisfy the hollow always leads us to cloudy judgements of how our next relationships should be. Sometimes the urgency to fill these emotional hollow makes us fall prey to the next devourer on the street who has no genuine love for us.
Let,s start from here?
What do you really miss in your ex that leaves you so hollow? Sexual gratifications, companionships, togetherness, financial back up etc...Or probably he satisfies your bodily needs as at time required? That is the monster you have to deal with. Be real to yourself for once and know that no man is indispensable. Only God has no equal. Tell yourself the truth and deal with your passions and bodily urge or else your judgement about true relationship will be cloudy. There are other better men who are willing to treat you like queen if you can guide your heart with all diligence instead of allowing the mesmerizing emotional urge to rule your life. Fill your emotions and heart with the love for God, career and in building worthwhile relationships. You have power over your mind, emotions and thoughts. Soon you will find out that there is more to life than revolving all your being around one boy/man who will eventually treat your pearl with disdain.

I hope you find this useful.
Admonition

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by sevule(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sweetheart why do you think the cinema was invented? It was invented for times like this!!! This is the perfect time to hang out with your girlfriends and you are still moping? Oya get off your behind, put on your favourite dress and hit the town baby!! There are spas, cinemas and hangouts that are just dying to deprive you of your hard earned money. Look at the bright side, for the time being you are free from the wahala that we men bring so enjoy your singlehood cos trust me baby it aint gonna last! (ehm that is if you are actually as fine as you painted)
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by temi4fash(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
vivian chinaza:

vivian una dai fight before ni....

anyway time like dis come n go... all u nid to do is to b pro active..
wish u luck
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by flexdee(m): 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
Just re-package urself, forget about ur ex and hit the ground running by given another guy who truly deserves u a chance and see how it goes cos life is too short for loneliness.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by GloJH(f): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
My dear Vivan, u just wrote my xperience. I am going thru exactly wut u wrote and I am really luking for a suitable solution. Could anybody in d hse offer a reasonable and workable solution to me? I tried keeping three men at different times bt dey ended d same way, i.e. after satisfying dia sexual desire and enjoying my beautiful body.
Re: I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love by durox(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
Its nt easy, been dere too, buh d tin is dis, u need 2 ask urself what u really want, anoda relationship, crazy se.x or a company datz 4 real. When i strolled down dat lane, i immediately went 4 opt 1(anoda relationship) cos i tot transfering d luv wz a way out, my dear it didnt work out dat way cos i still felt d vacuum in there and lonely even if dere wz some1 new in my life, its nt sometin u jus transfer, i went 4 opt 2(crazy se.x) it wz fun while it lasted but after u'r done, when u r laying on ur bed and d rain start falling unda d cool atmosphere, tots begin 2 roll, u then realize u've done noting yet and u still empty, finally i sat myself down and and asked what i really wantd, so i went 4 option 3(a true company)... Dis wz actually d hardest part @ d beginning cos i lost friends...Y? cos i decieded no more se.x, no more searching and no more gimmicks. initially when they hear no more se.x dey'll feel u just kiddin after d first 2 unsuccessful attempts, they gradually walk away 4rm ur immediate life,,(u knw many guys and ladies like having a taste of what u feel like inside when dey think u look good and u cool outside) so d moment dey realize u dont give-in any more dey move and datz wen u find u real friends and true company dat could b with u, u could talk about life xperiences 2geda,play and hv fun with u, without thinking more about intimacy, se.x and all dat.... U just live ur free life have ur fun hang-out etc under a platonic platform of friendship and u'l realise d vacuum will gradually b filled with d luv of true friends and real unbiased company.... Belive me d last thing u need now is to jump into anoda relationship in search of luv...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When The Pussy Is Soo Good.. That The Lawd Has To Intervene (see Picture ) / Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! / My Aunty Anna Rose (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.