Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks (26312 Views)

NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff / INEC To Reprint Ballot Papers Three Weeks To Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by redcliff: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
bright007: gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin maybe him dey charge him joystick..

[size=20pt]loooooooooooool[/size]
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by anitank(f): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Same with ours o. N1000 credit finished in 3 days. I heard they increased electricity VAT but all I can think of is 'EXTORTION'!!!
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by oge4real(f): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ki-Katanga, you must be the most patient man in the world. I'm really challenged. kiss

1 Like

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by LadyD1: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
anitank: Same with ours o. N1000 credit finished in 3 days. I heard they increased electricity VAT but all I can think of is 'EXTORTION'!!!

Yes, the situation is bad and nigerians are quiet about it and some pple are making uncalculated comments.
Imagine this, phcn earns 500M from 1M meters every month, I guess the no of meters in the whole naija will be over one million. Then come to talk of th high tarrif. For me its extorsion.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by DisGuy: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
but the NERC dude said there' no maintenance fee
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
with constant electricity it worth it... but to avoid such complain, why not make money and even pay before it get exhausted.... you can make money now for free and thank me leta..... click below to follow the simple formula of making money... instant cash generator... remember to pay your tithe to your church and thank god for this info.... click bellow to start immediately
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by bigdoo: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
I will be more than happy to pay N3000.00 for electricity for 3 weeks. In fact I spend N1500.00 every day to power my generators each day for only about 6 hours at night whenever I am in Nigeria. If electricity is constant every time, I would be more than happy to pay N10,000.00 per month.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
If they light can last up to 24hrs as you are saying and am billed 3k per 3 weeks for 247 power I won't mind paying it, after all I do pay mthief 3k for my BB plan and etisalat 4k for my pc plan every month.. Give me wot I want and I give u what you want.

1 Like

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by TalkingBird: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
aletheia: @OP: Learn to use power responsibly. Here are some tips to cut down on energy expenditure.
1. Change all your light bulbs to low energy ones.
2. Switch off lights when you are not in the room. Conversely, only switch on lights in rooms that you are actually present in.
3. Boil only the amount of water you need. E.g. it is waste to boil a kettle of water when all you need is a cup of hot water.

If there is no power you will complain. Now you have 22hrs/day, you still complain. What do you people want? angry

That's good. I see us having some object lessons in responsibility going forward.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by greall1: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
I tire ooooo

Euroclydon: Do you charge your car?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Wallie(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Now that you’re being charged for exactly what you use, it is up to you to adjust your usage. The problem is that most Nigerians have never been in a position to learn how to conserve electricity due to lack of availability and the erratic way PHCN used to bill people.

Things to consider:
1. Do you need a 60 inches flat screen TV? All things being equal, a bigger TV will always consume more electricity.
2. How about your computer? How much electricity does it consume? All computers are not created equal.
3. Is your fridge and freezer energy efficient? Can you tell me how much energy they consume exactly? The manufacturers usually provide the number.
4. Do you really need a 100 or 80 watt light bulb?
5. How about other kitchen appliances like toasters, microwave ovens etc? How often do you use that your 1300 watts microwave oven?
6. Is your AC energy efficient? Do you run your AC on “Hi” 18 hours a day even though your windows are partially open?

The bottom line is that you need to start checking the energy consumption of any electrical appliance that you buy.

For comparison sake, I pay $0.0986 / kWh which is about NGN15.60 and my monthly bill ranges from $400 per month to as high as an occasional $600 per month. Your rates are not high at all. As a matter of fact, I see no reason why your rates should be lower than what I pay in the US because our transmission and distribution lines are more efficient than yours.

I can almost guarantee that your rates are going to be raised in a couple of years because of the heavy investments that is needed in your power sector.

1 Like

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Wish I was paying N3k for 3 weeks. This is cheap na, for near 24hr power. Do u want it for free?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by greall1: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
I'm paying 1 K for a single room and I don't mind because I'm using 2 line.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by bravedude(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
I don't mind paying 10,000NGN monthly as far as the power is constant,22hrs a day is very much okay for me considering the issue with power in Nigeria.However,In overseas,i pay up to 100$ Electric bill monthly,so what is the big deal.Since u dey see d lite no complain just thank God.What if you buy credit and still no power,what will u do?That is 9ja for you oh.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by olugbemi4u: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Whatever they say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure and economy development. Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership, all we can see is inducing individual and group with cash to speak on his behalf over 400 million spent on declaration day economic wise this money can create job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 500billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.

No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource available in the state .

Ondo state has the largest level of unemployment in Nigeria. Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all these within is exposure and capacity not capable of delivery 21st century dividend of democracy. AKETI has travelled far and wide and has all it takes to transform the state within a short period of timeif given opportunity.

1 Like

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by bravedude(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
bigdoo: I will be more than happy to pay N3000.00 for electricity for 3 weeks. In fact I spend N1500.00 every day to power my generators each day for only about 6 hours at night whenever I am in Nigeria. If electricity is constant every time, I would be more than happy to pay N10,000.00 per month.

Oga i feel you!!!!The same thought with me.Even 15,000NGN i will be very delighted to pay for just 20hrs constant power and will sacrifice 4hrs balance so transfer go rest make e no blow.UP 9ja down others.We too much.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
olugbemi4u: Whatever they say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure and economy development. Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership, all we can see is inducing individual and group with cash to speak on his behalf over 400 million spent on declaration day economic wise this money can create job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 500billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.

No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource available in the state .

Ondo state has the largest level of unemployment in Nigeria. Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all these within is exposure and capacity not capable of delivery 21st century dividend of democracy. AKETI has travelled far and wide and has all it takes to transform the state within a short period of timeif given opportunity.

Ode ni e, you're yarning O.P here, if you don't know. Akobata Jagaban sad
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by cheko(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
The Increase in Tariff is really biting.
but trust Nigerians, give them Cheap Light and they will leave all their bulbs on through the day.
if the Govt can achieve 24/7 light. the Amount charged isnt too bad, comparing Generator noise or high cost of fuel etc.
I am so tired of Generators! generators!
plsssssssss
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by sulex947(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dis Guy: You need to do an audit of all the appliances in you house, then think of the one you dont need to have one whilst your away- like the fridge in the rooms, change all the bulbs and make sure the last person leaving the house to work switch everything off except the kitchen freezer n fridge

why would you have 200w bulb, no light on your street? abi u be stadium cheesy
must he stays in darkness when there is light, the main issue here is that there is no where in the world that the government increase their power tariff by 98%, thats way 2 much, and its called extortion.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
olugbemi4u: Whatever they say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure and economy development. Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership, all we can see is inducing individual and group with cash to speak on his behalf over 400 million spent on declaration day economic wise this money can create job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 500billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.

Guy can you for God's sake stop derailing threads? Must you comment even if you don't have anything to say, wot has this thread got to do with Lagos been the only functioning city in Nigeria?. Mods make una warn this guy na
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by DisGuy: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
sulex947: must he stays in darkness when there is light, the main issue here is that there is no where in the world that the government increase their power tariff by 98%, thats way 2 much, and its called extortion.

i dont think there;s anywhere in my post that i in anyway advised him to switch off his lights. He said he is out most of the time, hence switching of appliances that run in the background; and i agree with you the increase is very steep but I've said in long time ago on this site (esp all those abroad is expensive threads) that the cost of living will actually increase as things improve in Nigeria

I would have expected the nerc increase would be gradual say 20% every year but seems they are being advised by the almighty western firms using their own pricing template
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by 2fyn: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
Op,may i gv u 20hrs of darkness in a day make u pay only 500 p/m,do u like it? U nid 2 rejoice that ur nw enjoying power as u wish b4.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
edogram.:
Benin, They ve change the klw resently now. Its prepaid meter. The power suply is constant. 22hrs per day.

Sir, the least I can say is that you are blessed to enjoy light 22 hours a day.

I burn generator 3-4 hours daily and consume fuel worth N3,000 in one week and am not complaining. Am yet to connect to PHCN. Anyway, i dont think electricity is costlier in Nigeria than foreign countries.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by GboyegaD(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
thoth: How can 500 be collected monthly ? For what ? What maintenance are they doing ? The average african man always shoots himself in the eye not to talk of the foot. Why would the tariff be 13 naira ?
When a black man gets shafted he finds a reason to justify getting cheated. You compare how much you spend on diesel with how much you are supposed to pay for electricity ? How stupid can a human being be ? Ask yourself , are you supposed to be using generators ? On what ground can the two sources be compared ? Why was the price of gas that high ?
They want to shaft you on fuel subsidy and you compare how much UK citizens buy fuel to yourselves as if you have the same minimum wage as them. Now when they succeed to hike the price of gas due to your stupidity then you start comparing the price of gas to the price of electricity. In a country whereby the minimum wage is just 18K and a family man is supposed to say 30k per month on electricity ?
Nigerians really need to suffer to their breaking point before they ever get intelligent. Keep comparing.

That has always been our lifestyle because of our deceitful and cunny nature. We often times think we are smarter than we actually are.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by thoth: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
Wallie: Now that you’re being charged for exactly what you use, it is up to you to adjust your usage. The problem is that most Nigerians have never been in a position to learn how to conserve electricity due to lack of availability and the erratic way PHCN used to bill people.

Things to consider:
1. Do you need a 60 inches flat screen TV? All things being equal, a bigger TV will always consume more electricity.
2. How about your computer? How much electricity does it consume? All computers are not created equal.
3. Is your fridge and freezer energy efficient? Can you tell me how much energy they consume exactly? The manufacturers usually provide the number.
5. How about other kitchen appliances like toasters, microwave ovens etc? How often do you use that your 1300 watts microwave oven?
6. Is your AC energy efficient? Do you run your AC on “Hi” 18 hours a day even though your windows are partially open?

The bottom line is that you need to start checking the energy consumption of any electrical appliance that you buy.

For comparison sake, I pay $0.0986 / kWh which is about NGN15.60 and my monthly bill ranges from $400 per month to as high as an occasional $600 per month. Your rates are not high at all. As a matter of fact, I see no reason why your rates should be lower than what I pay in the US because our transmission and distribution lines are more efficient than yours.

I can almost guarantee that your rates are going to be raised in a couple of years because of the heavy investments that is needed in your power sector.
now listen to this fool, you should have first compared naira to dollars, then compare the minimum wage of US to nigeria and also compare the ratio of the average americans earning and how much he is supposed to pay for electricity every month. What sort of liar are you in that you pay more than $600 on electricity a month ? I think only stupid nigerians would allow themselves to be shafted again and again with this stupid line.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
Wallie: Now that you’re being charged for exactly what you use, it is up to you to adjust your usage. The problem is that most Nigerians have never been in a position to learn how to conserve electricity due to lack of availability and the erratic way PHCN used to bill people.

Things to consider:

And does the average man earn $7.25/hour which is your minimum wage? there is no basis for comparison here.

1 Like

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by GboyegaD(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
bravedude: I don't mind paying 10,000NGN monthly as far as the power is constant,22hrs a day is very much okay for me considering the issue with power in Nigeria.However,In overseas,i pay up to 100$ Electric bill monthly,so what is the big deal.Since u dey see d lite no complain just thank God.What if you buy credit and still no power,what will u do?That is 9ja for you oh.

Can we stop this unethical comparison please? Do we earn the same thing or have you forgotten what your minimum wage is in your overseas? There is no basis whatsoever in comparing Nigeria which is an underdeveloped country and where many of the citizens live on below $1 per day to a developed country where majority of the citizens live way above poverty level.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by sammhi(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
3000 naira for 3 weeks in a 4 bed room is cheap. mine I paid 5000 and it is gone in 3 weeks in a 3 bed room falt. no use of /ac as the weather was fine but had more time of light. Same amount usualy lasts for 2 months at N6.30per kw/h.
this time it is N12.3per kw/h . I was thinking maybe because of the more time we had light but the truth is the kilowat was less....it was previously over 640kw for N5000 but now it was 304kw for same N5000. God, how can one cope?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by GboyegaD(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2012

Of what relevance is it to the topic on ground?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by thoth: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
ooseven:

No, we must not, but if we have to pay for the power supply, then we must ensure that we conserve it. Our problem used to be 'NO LIGHT', now there is light. That is an accomplishment. The concern about the charges is also a fair one, but we have to understand that the improvement in power supply comes at a very huge cost, and its very understandable that in this pilot phase the tariff might be high, but eventually as people learn how to conserve energy and more players enter the power sector, it becomes easier to manage. i am very glad that people are stating 22hr/day and 21hr/day electricity. couple of years back my street only had 10hrs power supply in 3weeks.

Electricty.....checked (in progress)

next stop: SECURITY and EDUCATION
what silly school of economics did you go to ? How did they buy the power company ? What is the meaning of investment when they will make three times what they bought the company in just two months ? What incentive is there to invest and improve the power sector if you can just relax and milk the people ?
Moronic Africans pushing themselves to economic slavery.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Olaone1: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Audit Report Exposes Double Subsidy Payments / Oshiomhole: I Can't Visit My Village Because Jonathan Destroyed The Road To It / Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.