Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! (8715 Views)

Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale / Tunde Bakare inducted into Nairaland Politics Section Of Hall Of Fame 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by ektbear: 4:17am On Aug 15, 2012
I just think that if you are a writer, part of your goal should be as clear as possible to your audience. Using reasonable punctuation, indentation and proper English isn't "forming." It simply makes it easier for your readers to understand you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Kaleni(m): 5:01am On Aug 15, 2012
Why is it some pples are always seconded any idea on dis NL,if u dont hav anytin to contribute,y can't u just fold ur arm nd read whatever u want to read nd log out. Mogbomoya@nigeriaenterprises.
As for d topic i dont giv a damn, kudos to who can just write his name abi wetin concern us wit grammar as far as what we are communicating is understand by second party.....
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by onatisi(m): 5:47am On Aug 15, 2012
odocity: it is really a pity that some people in nairaland make use of foul languages to pple or insult eachother it is not the reason why NL was opened.It was opened to seek peoples opinion on issues that arises and not for insults.Please be Warned.
on nl i have notice many cant make a comment without first insulting u,i have often asked do you need to insult someone in order to make a point?the thing is getting worse nd worse everyday.i have learnt to ignore such ppl or cmments
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Ninapha(f): 6:02am On Aug 15, 2012
Kaleni: Why is it some pples are always seconded any idea on dis NL,if u dont hav anytin to contribute,y can't u just fold ur arm nd read whatever u want to read nd log out. Mogbomoya@nigeriaenterprises.
As for d topic i dont giv a damn, kudos to who can just write his name abi wetin concern us wit grammar as far as what we are communicating is (understand)cheesy by second party.....

Now what is dat (understand) doing there.cheesy

I tell ya without these blunders some thread wd be dry and in one page. Blunders add to d fun. Keep it real.cheesy
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Idowuogbo(f): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2012
seedord247: If they banned shorthand typing, [b]idowu will be scarces [/b]on nairaland because typing real english is her family problem. grin
Idowu will b wot? shocked shocked shocked
* she grabs her bullet proof*
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Idowu will b wot? shocked shocked shocked
* she grabs her bullet proof*

rotfl grin
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 15, 2012
This post has been deleted
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 15, 2012
labbyboi: Hmmm,scared 2 drop comment cos of "Gbagaun" since we gat so many professors on NL that seems 2 know it all... Extort the whole of vocabularies yet wouldn't make a single iota of sense. I BELIEVE IN SIMPLE CONTRIBUTIONS WITHOUT CONSULTING D DICTIONARY B4 MY CONTRIBUTION(S).
Heya - your fears are not unfounded grin grin grin

@OP, your keyboard no get letter 'G' ni? U wan blind me? Dats d way to go - e no bad reach make I dey gbagaun for pidgin na grin

@seedord, u no try @ all - lwkmd grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by dasparrow: 6:49am On Aug 15, 2012
freecocoa: Him talk say una too dey cuss person for here because of small mistake in the grammatical aspect,say e no good instead make una correct the person with love because why?no be we papa dem get english but people here dey do like say dem sabi spoke English pass queen Eliza sef,say the thing dey make am para wella.

Something like that,i no read pass 3 lines undecided

LOL grin

Atleast you try.
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by jhydebaba(m): 6:51am On Aug 15, 2012
Kaleni: Why is it some pples are always seconded any idea on dis NL,if u dont hav anytin to contribute,y can't u just fold ur arm nd read whatever u want to read nd log out. Mogbomoya@nigeriaenterprises.
As for d topic i dont giv a damn, kudos to who can just write his name abi wetin concern us wit grammar as far as what we are communicating is understand by second party.....
This thread bothers on grammatical war and now you have come to add to the woes with your post.
*PPLES can't fold their ARM* cheesy grin

seedord247: If they banned shorthand typing, idowu will be scarces on nairaland because typing real english is her family problem. grin

seedord247: So the OP wey dey rant never check hin self wella. grin

If they banned shorthand typing, Idowu will be scarce on NL.
angry

When trouble sleep
yanga go wake am
Wetin he dey find?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by duni04(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2012
labbyboi: Hmmm,scared 2 drop comment cos of "Gbagaun" since we gat so many professors on NL that seems 2 know it all... Extort the whole of vocabularies yet wouldn't make a single iota of sense. I BELIEVE IN SIMPLE CONTRIBUTIONS WITHOUT CONSULTING D DICTIONARY B4 MY CONTRIBUTION(S).
Nd in trying to avoid dropping bombs, u threw grenades instead. BEND DOWN FOR THE GRENADES!!!
smiley)))))

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by DonaldGenes(m): 6:59am On Aug 15, 2012
Hahahahha!!
Thats what am talking about uhh!! thank God i am not a tetchy person...As you'll can see,i deliberately made some errors(example, noticed that the word 'quote' was intentionally typed as 'qoute''humane as humanane'' et al} on ma post to see who can spot some of the nuance minute typographical errors there..not that i didn't see them,yes i proof read them 'nine times out of ten' before dropping them....i wanted to see if someone can humbly correct me without abusing the OP.....it was a tactic trick i used apparently though but then No matter how one tends to be over carefull,mistakes are abound,it's part of it especially when one is typing with Qwerty phones 'cos of how the keypads are spaced.....
As for my name,It's Donald but i just felt like writing it as Donalð just like am kind of used to spelling 'g' as 'q' though not always per se but i know what am doing 'cos i only used them on NL.....so dont get it twisted

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by DonaldGenes(m): 7:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Hahahahha!!
That's what am talking about uhh!! thank God i am not a tetchy person...As you'll can see,i deliberately made some errors(example, noticed that the word 'quote' was intentionally typed as 'qoute''humane as humanane'' et al} on ma post to see who can spot some of the nuance minute typographical errors there..not that i didn't see them,yes i proof read them 'nine times out of ten' before dropping them....i wanted to see if someone can humbly correct me without abusing the OP.....it was a tactic trick i used apparently though but then No matter how one tends to be over carefull,mistakes are abound,it's part of it especially when one is typing with Qwerty phones 'cos of how the keypads are spaced.....
As for my name,It's Donald but i just felt like writing it as Donalð just like am kind of used to spelling 'g' as 'q' though not always per se but i know what am doing 'cos i only used them on NL.....so dont get it twisted
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by DonaldGenes(m): 7:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Hahahahha!!
That's what am talking about uhh!! thank God i am not a tetchy person...As you'll can see,i deliberately made some errors(example, noticed that the word 'quote' was intentionally typed as 'qoute''humane as humanane'' et al} on ma post to see who can spot some of the nuance minute typographical errors there..not that i didn't see them,yes i proof read them 'nine times out of ten' before dropping them....i wanted to see if someone can humbly correct me without abusing the OP.....it was a tactic trick i used apparently though but then No matter how one tends to be over carefull,mistakes are abound,it's part of it especially when one is typing with Qwerty phones 'cos of how the keypads are spaced.....
As for my name,It's Donald but i just felt like writing it as Donalð just like am kind of used to spelling 'g' as 'q' though not always per se but i know what am doing 'cos i only used them on NL.....so dont get it twisted........
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by jhydebaba(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2012
Donalð Genes: Hahahahha!!
"As you'll can see" you did not proof read this as well. So, I won't take the mistakes as deliberate.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Mustay(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2012
ekt_bear: I just think that if you are a writer, part of your goal should be as clear as possible to your audience. Using reasonable punctuation, indentation and proper English isn't "forming." It simply makes it easier for your readers to understand you.

Thank you very much. Seems we like running away from the truth. When we keep on giving excuses for what's not, the effect still 'karma-slaps' us. What is worth doing should be done reasonably well at least.

I'd imagine that a large percentage of users went to high school so it's disappointing when some people write in twitter language here. It's the same way radio presenters admonish listeners to send their messages in such a way that everyone can be carried along and your message is not miscontrued. It's hurting to some of us eyes when we can't decode some 'languages'.

Finally, whilst correction of errors should be encouraged, the 'corrector' insulting the 'corectee' is childish IMO.

P.S.
Btw, there's a modify button to click on to edit your posts to help others understand.
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by duni04(m): 7:05am On Aug 15, 2012
Thats what am talking about uhh!! thank God i am not a tetchy person...As you'll can see,i deliberately made some errors(example, noticed that the word 'quote' was intentionally typed as 'qoute''humane as humanane'' et al} on ma post to see who can spot some of the nuance minute typographical errors there..not that i didn't see them,yes i proof read them 'nine times out of ten' before dropping them....i wanted to see if someone can humbly correct me without abusing the OP.....it was a tactic trick i used apparently though but then No matter how one tends to be over carefull,mistakes are abound,it's part of it especially when one is typing with Qwerty phones 'cos of how the keypads are spaced.....
I seriously don't think anyone gives a sh***t!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by mployer(m): 7:13am On Aug 15, 2012
H
ahahahha!!
As for my name,It's Donald but i just felt like writing it as Donalð just like am kind of used to spelling 'g' as 'q' though not always per se but i know what am doing 'cos i only used them on NL.....so dont get it twisted.....
Cheap and obsolete way of defending oneself. try some new methods, even primary school teachers don't use that anymore wink
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by jamil2(m): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2012
Mustay:

Thank you very much. Seems we like running away from the truth. When we keep on giving excuses for what's not, the effect still 'karma-slaps' us. What is worth doing should be done reasonably well at least.

I'd imagine that a large percentage of users went to high school so it's disappointing when some people write in twitter language here. It's the same way radio presenters admonish listeners to send their messages in such a way that everyone can be carried along and your message is not miscontrued. It's hurting to some of us eyes when we can't decode some 'languages'.

Finally, whilst correction of errors should be encouraged, the 'corrector' insulting the 'corectee' is childish IMO.

P.S.
Btw, there's a modify button to click on to edit your posts to help others understand.
A word Indeed!
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Mbuko91(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane: [s]

Many errors. 0/100. cheesy

lol, I agree. wink
lwkmd....isnt it possible to give someone carat and a ring? D way english teachers in naija always do?

If you went to school in naija,u'll remember that there's a system of marking your letter writing:
C
O
E
Ma....

You can score as high as possible in COE...but in mechanical accuracy,Ma,u hardly get 1 out of whateva mark has been apportioned to it...kandikane,oya do coema 4 d o.p...lol
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by ayobase(m): 7:18am On Aug 15, 2012
seedord247: If they banned shorthand typing, idowu will be scarces on nairaland because typing real english is her family problem. grin

Was that ''gbagaun'' intentional?
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Idowuogbo(f): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2012
ayobase:

Na boss! Grammatical terrorist from birth. grin
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by chucky234(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2012
omoobajeje1: D truth of D̶̲̥̅̊ matter Į̸̸̨§ J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ learn how 2 respect other people's feelings and stop all dis rubbish on NL. If u want 2 be pickin on others mistakes that's ur own family problem.
Make you dey try remove all those children fancy letters for your crappy BB before you post for NL so people no go bash your mistakes,make I summarise wetin I talk so you go understand.
"Correct yourself before you correct others", shey you get wetin I talk abi.
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by sirwyte(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2012
oooooh, u jst md a mistake.
Do u mean "scarce" or "scarces". Lolz.
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Idowuogbo(f): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2012
sirwyte:
Mistake? Nope! Dats Seedog typing Great Britain. grin
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by 2goodbobo(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2012
Poster why did you use erred instead of err now? Well I understand all you are trying to say but the truth is that correction is very necessary in our every day life, and Nairaland is not an exception. If we don't correct ourselves here,then it will be very wrong. Imagine someone making grammatical blunders day in day out without correction, he will be feeling he is faultless, not knowing he is just a mediocre. It won't cause anything to read and cross check before posting or opening any thread!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by chucky234(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2012
As for my name,It's Donald but i just felt like writing it as Donalð just like am kind of used to spelling 'g' as 'q' though not always per se but i know what am doing 'cos i only used them on NL.....so dont get it twisted........
Donald,no sorry Donalo why you come dey fall my hand this early morning na,you leave sleep wey you go sleep come say na people mistake you go correct but come end up adding more salt to injury. Haba your mistakes too plenty to be deliberate na,you suppose know as adult you go remove the scale wey dey your eyes before you come remove the dirts wey dey our eyes na.
Your teacher for secondary school no even try for you,haba him no even take time to explain to you say difference b/w p,g and q.
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by freecocoa(f): 7:34am On Aug 15, 2012
ayobase:

Inten-kini?like he knows what that means.cheesy
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Idowuogbo(f): 7:34am On Aug 15, 2012
freecocoa: Inten-kini?like he knows what that means.cheesy
Bless u! grin
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by chucky234(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2012
duni04:
Nd in trying to avoid dropping bombs, u threw grenades instead. BEND DOWN FOR THE GRENADES!!!
smiley)))))
LWKMD
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by victorD3: 7:36am On Aug 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Oh this guy is so smart, see how he is using Exposure Therapy to combat the grammatical war soldiers. By changing his Gs to Qs, he exposes them to so many errors, they become desensitized it and before you know it, Nairaland will become a Grammatical War Free Zone!

Very impressive I must say! Two thumbs waaaaay up, man!!!

Na wa o! Engligbo.
Re: Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!! by Pakavy(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2012
sirwyte:
God!save us 4rm NL terrorists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants / Pan African Forum Rejects Obasanjo As AU Observer Head In Zimbabwe / Announcing Or Publishing A False Election Result Is A Criminal Offence - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.