Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? (42126 Views)

A Cheating Boyfriend, The Side-chic And The Jollof Rice.....a Must Read!....lol / Woman Exposes Ladies She Over-heard Planning To Attack Their Cheating Boyfriend / Ladies How Do You Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2008
Guys please tell me what is the best way to handle a cheating boyfriend, do you ignore it, especially if you know he loves you so much.
Normally i would not condone cheating but in this case i am confused because he has proved his love for me several times, but recently from a few things i observed i believe his is cheating.
I am not just coming to that conclusuion i know what i am saying, so please guys, tell me , is this something that will go away, should i ignore this, will this go away? Please be realistic in your answers.
Thanks
Happy new year everyone
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ifyalways(f): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2008
if he loves you,he would never ever cheat on you.
just get this into your lovely head,dearie.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Busta(f): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2008
ifyalways:

if he loves you,he would never ever cheat on you.
just get this into your lovely head,dearie.

Well said.

Hun, if u loves u, he won't be cheating on u in the first place.
Dump him and move on with ur life. . .hopefully u will find someone else that loves u enuff not to cheat on u.

Good luck and happy nu year to u too!

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2008
I assume you're Nigerian. Might as well ignore it like every other dumb Nigerian female. Suffering and Smiling is the motto of our women after all.

The ONE TRUE way a guy or girl proves their love to you is by staying FAITHFUL to you. So all his other lame ways of "proving his love" is complete garbage. Why don't you girls ever consider how HE would react if the shoe was on the other foot? hm? Maybe when you get a STD you'll reason better.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2008
it has been well said above: from experience if you truly love and respect your woman you would NEVER cheat on her.
But from past postings from you it seems you and this chap have been on for ages . . . perhaps he is bored stiff with you and just doesnt know how to get rid off. When relationships go on forever without a firm commitment that's what you get eh . . . as long as that ring isnt there we all want to try something new.

Wait . . . this your boyfriend is a northern muslim, he is perhaps preparing you for life as one of his many wives. Maybe you'll be first lady. Best of luck.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2008
Lmao. david you are ridiculous.

Instead of crying, she had better establish her role as senior girlfriend to the other iyawo kekeres. grin
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Don1DeMaco: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
nothing wrong in him having sex with other people cos i dont consider dat cheating, but since u say he loves u and u've proved it sevral times then u have nothing to fear, u just need to step up ur game in bed so he doesnt need to or have to go around, i guess dats my advise on how to deal with it, or u punish him for havinsg sex by not having sex with him but this i must tell u is very risky cos there are 2 sides to it, i guess u know the two sides.

u re lucky u found one dat loves u, its rare but the most luck ones are the ones dat have them love them and also keep it in the house. most girls believe a faithful man is the one dat loves but love does not start and end in bed.

but if he is cheating then problem dey, remember there is a difference btw having sex with another woman and cheating with another woman. cheating is a great offence

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ifyalways(f): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2008
Don1DeMaco:

nothing wrong in him having sex with other people because i don't consider that cheating, but since u say he loves u and u've proved it sevral times then u have nothing to fear, u just need to step up your game in bed so he doesnt need to or have to go around, i guess that is my advise on how to deal with it, or u punish him for havinsg sex by not having sex with him but this i must tell u is very risky because there are 2 sides to it, i guess u know the two sides.

u re lucky u found one that loves u, its rare but the most luck ones are the ones that have them love them and also keep it in the house. most girls believe a faithful man is the one that loves but love does not start and end in bed.

but if he is cheating then problem dey, remember there is a difference between having sex with another woman and cheating with another woman. cheating is a great offence
do you really mean that?
can you explain better pls . undecided
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2008
If I were you, I'd pretend that post didnt exist, ify
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by pastordan: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2008
Waooooooow dis topic is interesting, How many ladies n guys here hav been cheated b4 hands up! cost we have to face the fact now.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Don1DeMaco: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2008
ifyalways:

do you really mean that?
can you explain better please . undecided

well from my understanding cheating is when a man gives the affection and trust( what u guys call love) meant for his partner to someone else, while sex could just be a physical thing

now the danger is cheating can eventually lead to sex and sex can also lead to cheating in the long run
lets see, okay imagine this scenerio
lets use a man

a man that spends time with another woman, shows her more affection, listens to her, takes her opinion whether right or wrong over his partner's, u know does all them lovely stuffs for the other woman but does not sleep with that woman is  4 me a cheat and is worse than

a man that does the opposite but his only fault is the having sex part, i mean we are only human and no human being is perfect.

cheating is a continious thing and most times brings about a rival while sex could be a one off thing either out of boredom, curiousity, drunkeness, habit etc but no harm intended but the other one is a bridge of what u guys call love which 4 me is trust

just think about it and try to be objective, don't cloud your reasoning with sentiments and use the society we live in today as case study. ofcourse there are exceptions to this rule of men/ women who not only love their partners but also have sex with just their partners.

Again its just my take and a personal opinion, u don't have to agree with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ojenew: 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2008
i dont think she knows for sure if he is cheatin.she never caught him red handed.it was all guesses as i could sense from her postin.she could be mistaken.the best way for her to know is using MAGUN! grin grin grin grin.THEN  we will be able to know clearly and give reasonable advises, we cant work on guess theories
aisha2:

I am not just coming to that conclusuion i know what i am saying, so please guys
may be u shuld tell us what u are sayin.he might not be guilty afterall.let's break it down baby! say ur mind,u could be confusing urself
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by goldboy(m): 12:44am On Jan 03, 2008
@ post

can u please xplain what u mean by he has proved his love to u many times, cos to me ia ma really confused ooo,

i just hope u know what are doing , be honest and sincere woth yoursef,

i wont talk much now till i hear from u again

but , but
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by dimpules: 7:41am On Jan 03, 2008
u want to get married to him and live with this? think abeg
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by adekennis(m): 7:42am On Jan 03, 2008
Nairaland adviser shocked
i hail una oo!  angry
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by klassyguy(m): 8:17am On Jan 03, 2008
Don1DeMaco:

well from my understanding cheating is when a man gives the affection and trust( what u guys call love) meant for his partner to someone else, while sex could just be a physical thing

now the danger is cheating can eventually lead to sex and sex can also lead to cheating in the long run
lets see, okay imagine this scenerio
lets use a man

a man that spends time with another woman, shows her more affection, listens to her, takes her opinion whether right or wrong over his partner's, u know does all them lovely stuffs for the other woman but does not sleep with that woman is 4 me a cheat and is worse than

a man that does the opposite but his only fault is the having sex part, i mean we are only human and no human being is perfect.

cheating is a continious thing and most times brings about a rival while sex could be a one off thing either out of boredom, curiousity, drunkeness, habit etc but no harm intended but the other one is a bridge of what u guys call love which 4 me is trust

just think about it and try to be objective, don't cloud your reasoning with sentiments and use the society we live in today as case study. ofcourse there are exceptions to this rule of men/ women who not only love their partners but also have sex with just their partners.

Again its just my take and a personal opinion, u don't have to agree with it.

Nice concept there Don, but i really don't buy it. Either way, you are cheating on ur partner. For you to date a woman and still end up sleeping around with another woman to me is number one cheating. You are not being faithful to her. Agreed, men do tend to digress as the flesh is weak, but if u are strong and believe in ur woman, why should you want to sleep with someone else? It happens alot to me as i have so many female friends, but anytime i get the urge to want to seduce any of them, my babe's face automatically comes to my mind and i back off. It's all about trust mate. Or how will you feel if ur woman sleeps with other men? Bad, of course. Once u can trust each other and control your urges, things will be fine. It's just a matter of saying NO.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by efuah(f): 8:59am On Jan 03, 2008
Don1DeMaco:

nothing wrong in him having sex with other people because i don't consider that cheating, but since u say he loves u and u've proved it sevral times then u have nothing to fear, u just need to step up your game in bed so he doesnt need to or have to go around, i guess that is my advise on how to deal with it, or u punish him for havinsg sex by not having sex with him but this i must tell u is very risky because there are 2 sides to it, i guess u know the two sides.

u re lucky u found one that loves u, its rare but the most luck ones are the ones that have them love them and also keep it in the house. most girls believe a faithful man is the one that loves but love does not start and end in bed.

but if he is cheating then problem dey, remember there is a difference between having sex with another woman and cheating with another woman. cheating is a great offence
undecided infact, i will take it like i really did not see this post or u dnt mean it! what a contribution! shocked

klassyguy:

Nice concept there Don, but i really don't buy it. Either way, you are cheating on your partner. For you to date a woman and still end up sleeping around with another woman to me is number one cheating. You are not being faithful to her. Agreed, men do tend to digress as the flesh is weak, but if u are strong and believe in your woman, why should you want to sleep with someone else? It happens alot to me as i have so many female friends, but anytime i get the urge to want to seduce any of them, my babe's face automatically comes to my mind and i back off. It's all about trust mate. Or how will you feel if your woman sleeps with other men? Bad, of course. Once u can trust each other and control your urges, things will be fine. It's just a matter of saying NO.
Word!! thumbs up for u.

@poster, If ya boyfriend loves u, he wouldn't cheat! So be wise!
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by iceland(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2008
ojenew:

she could be mistaken.the best way for her to know is using MAGUN! grin grin grin grin.
yeah MAGUN(thunderbolt) will do the trick
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by henchmark: 9:34am On Jan 03, 2008
Aisha2,
the truth of the matter is your boyfriend loves you and am sure is ready to settle with you, but here lies this problem when a man has dated numerous women:it becomes really difficult to control yourself, at the slightest urge you want to cool off, its safer never to have been there,if its love he does but can you cope? alternatively as am working on now, he really needs to get his mind of it when ever the urge comes, you really need to be patient you know, he also needs to reduce his female friends and avoid isolating himself with them, but sometimes these girls ( some ) will not let you be.

talk to him he can over come it.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by henchmark: 9:51am On Jan 03, 2008
aisha2,

do you reside in the same city with him? if not you may just have to cope, am always emphasising "coping"because you said he loves you, there are some other ladies out there having this same problem but the difference is theirs is still lacking the love you ve got.
i know resonably some persons may want to argue that if he cheats then there is no love, if i will accept that then am forced to say that there is no more love on earth, thats my view please
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by 9star(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2008
@poster,
Let me tell u d candid truth.if ur sure dis guy loves u pls stick with him.
Cus men will alwas cheat.Dats the truth.
Even married men cheat on the wife they wedded in the church not to talk of jst a boyfriend.let state here dat ur fellow girls asking u to dumped him are deceiving u.Cus they dont even knw dat there own boyfriend dey cheat on dem 2.Dey r jst ignorant of it.
If this guys even wen cheating still respect,cherish,cares and loves u pls hold him tit cus the next one will also cheat on u and he might not even love u.
Men will alwas cheat,
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ poster,
dear girl stick to ur man.
there's no perfect guy out there and besides you two aren't married yet.
men will most times want to have affairs so try and turn a blind eye.
dont listen tio those who say you should dump him.
they haven't dumped theirs' or dont even have boyfriends.
the choice is yours
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2008
Lol Im sure the last 3 guys will be there for you to help with your AIDs medication, aisha

Rofl cheesy

Awon oloshi.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
I am sure the guy has been telling her

"Darling I think this problem is spiritual. Even if I don't want to, I can't help it"

Hey ya!
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
klassyguy:

Nice concept there Don, but i really don't buy it. Either way, you are cheating on your partner. For you to date a woman and still end up sleeping around with another woman to me is number one cheating. You are not being faithful to her. Agreed, men do tend to digress It's all about trust mate. Or how will you feel if your woman sleeps with other men? Bad, of course. Once u can trust each other and control your urges, things will be fine. It's just a matter of saying NO.

May God bless you this new year jare, unlike the others.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Aisha2
is it the same guy that you told us ure leaving?? are you taking him back or what?

@topic
when hes cheating, it means hes not ready to commit himself.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by 2dye4(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2008
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol I'm sure the last 3 guys will be there for you to help with your AIDs medication, aisha

Rofl cheesy

Awon oloshi.

haba!

@theifofhearts: i definitely do not subscribe to those  ideas also,  cheating is not one of the attributes of love, and definitely there are better guys out there.i hope this chic will wake up frm her deep slumber before she lands a great depression.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by mrpataki(m): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2008
Explaining basic elements of a relationship at times to people on this forum is like teaching abc to a graduate. How absurd is that? undecided
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2008
Explaining basic elements of a relationship at times to people on this forum is like teaching abc to a graduate. How absurd is that?
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
Haba wetin?

I find this bloody thread embarrassing. It's only in Nigeria that you hear people say "stay cos you never know, the next guy might be worse", eru epe oshi wo ni yen? What kind of idiotic curse is that? Shouldnt you wish for you neighbor to find better, instead you tell them that they will find someone worse than the monkey they currently have.

If they are not saying that kinda crap, the next thing you hear is "Every guy cheats", so what you are pretty much saying is that you guys are so disgusting and lack so much self control that you cant be commited to one person? In other words you are lower than apes, abi?
I know majority of you people are naive and in denial of your nasty lives but the population of Nigerians affected with Aids is not a joke

The same "overly religious" country that has the audacity to complain about the morality of the West. ori yin o pe.
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Busta(f): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
@TOH

True but then again take am easy

Don't let them tarnish ur new yr grin

How u Been?
Re: How To Deal With A Cheating Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ tkb

don't worry. No everyone is giften with a good intelligence.
Try harder, you'll understand.

@ kpataki

Yes ooo. Chei wetin man pikin nor go see for here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Pre-Wedding Picture Goes Wrong / Grandma Rocks A Teenage Boy At A Party / Kenyan Man Weds Lady Who Helped Him With Transport Fare 6 Year Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.