Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752337 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
RedReact:
Even if they ask for an agent, that doesn't stop you from doing your own work at all. The issue there is just that na extra money will have to incur cos of the agents.
Using agents, just as Jenny said, does not guarantee an admission talk less of getting visa.

I might consider the agent, but they are not talking with me.So I told the school to take them off so that I deal with them myself.I just want one moderate school. I will get it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
jennykadry: @Ferdi
If you google-schools offering masters in computer science in Australia-a lot of uni's will come up.

I know that but was considering u guys already on ground, to say something. Anyway I will hunt one down.Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by payne4real(m): 1:02am On Jan 06, 2013
payne4real: Pls can i use TOEFL for addmission into any austrialian university?
tnks, so you mean i have to write IETL? Am going for diploma in 3d animation and visual effect. @AIE.
Pls i will like to know if the tution is payment on arrival?thank u
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
bbamega: @jkenny and all forumites God has done it.my visa had been granted.and i tk God i tk jkenny may alkah b wit u.pls jkeny can i av ur email.i will b going to Armidale City.

Would also like to know how long it took between when you submitted your application at vfs and when you were first contacted by the consulate in SA. Did the consulate in SA notify you when your application was received in SA(note, not when u submitted)in Nigeria. Congrat once again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
goshen:

Would also like to know how long it took between when you submitted your application at vfs and when you were first contacted by the consulate in SA. Did the consulate in SA notify you when your application was received in SA(note, not when u submitted)in Nigeria. Congrat once again

Goshen, which school did u apply? Did u do Academic IETLS? Am so happy IETLS registration is now online...no more bank draft and dhling.Am interested on ur question for bbamega.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
ferdimako:

Goshen, which school did u apply? Did u do Academic IETLS? Am so happy IETLS registration is now online...no more bank draft and dhling.Am interested on ur question for bbamega.

Academic IETLS would suffice. Funny enough I got the admission without it, although I provided other evidences like proof of English proficiency from my School. However, I eventually took the test because I wasn't sure of how it would affect my Visa application. The good thing is -- the exam isn't dificult, with a week or preparation u should be ready for it.I applied to UNSW.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
ferdimako:

Goshen, cld u get me one university of moderation?

No one can really do this better than yourself. Just dedicate a day to this and browse through yourself. The best approach is- google out university ranking in Australia over the last 5 years, then start picking through the middle ranked schools. Most cases, lowly ranked schools are usually more affordable. All the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
payne4real: tnks, so you mean i have to write IETL? Am going for diploma in 3d animation and visual effect. @AIE.

Recent review by DIAC accepts TOEFL-i.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
ferdimako:

I might consider the agent, but they are not talking with me.So I told the school to take them off so that I deal with them myself.I just want one moderate school. I will get it.

I think it might have been your approach. Most schools now accept online application; either allows you fill & submit online or allows you to print out the forms online,then fill and pouch to their admission office with other relevant documents. I don't see why they should shove greedy agents down your throat. Try browsing through their website with the view to submitting your application online.There should be Apply online menu somewhere.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
goshen:

I think it might have been your approach. Most schools now accept online application; either allows you fill & submit online or allows you to print out the forms online,then fill and pouch to their admission office with other relevant documents. I don't see why they should shove greedy agents down your throat. Try browsing through their website with the view to submitting your application online.There should be Apply online menu somewhere.

Thanks. They do but on getting to the second step, something popped up and there comes the agent thing and I couldn't proceed. It wouldn't just allow you. So they work hand in glove or something. I have done IELTS before and that won't be a problem.It is just that it has expired or it was General and not academic. I love English language.

I shall see...just want one school and that is it. Yeah I wouldn't want to be admitted and DIAC won't give my application a look-in because IETLS isn't included.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
@Jenny,i will like to know how you moved from Germany to Australia because i have intention to do so
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 07, 2013
payne4real: tnks, so you mean i have to write IETL? Am going for diploma in 3d animation and visual effect. @AIE.

Schools here use and prefer IELTS, academic only.

Tuition fees are paid before arrival.

surecan: @Jenny,i will like to know how you moved from Germany to Australia because i have intention to do so

Lets just say every school holiday I used to travel to Australia to visit my brothers, I was the only one in the family that opted to study in Germany but along the line I got hooked by a Prince Charming and had to relocate.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 07, 2013
ferdimako:

I know that but was considering u guys already on ground, to say something. Anyway I will hunt one down.Thanks.

@ ferdimarko

Lots of people 2 of my extended family members included got an admission to study nursing here without providing IELTS but along the line before applying for their visas, they had to provide the results to the immigration and the school. Some schools don't ask for it on application, some do. It's not a big deal.

2ndly re school offering masters in computer science. I gave you an approach on how to google, nothin stops me from doing it for you but seriously you alone can do it. You have to do the researches yourself and I you need help after finding the school, I will gladly answer yor questions or even ring the school for you from here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 2:21am On Jan 07, 2013
bbamega: goshen.i am going to University of New England in Armidale City-NSW.wot abt u and which city ar u and av u got ur visa?
@ bbamega, I too would be going to UNE in Armidale. How do we meet to discuss? grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry:

@ ferdimarko

Lots of people 2 of my extended family members included got an admission to study nursing here without providing IELTS but along the line before applying for their visas, they had to provide the results to the immigration and the school. Some schools don't ask for it on application, some do. It's not a big deal.

2ndly re school offering masters in computer science. I gave you an approach on how to google, nothin stops me from doing it for you but seriously you alone can do it. You have to do the researches yourself and I you need help after finding the school, I will gladly answer yor questions or even ring the school for you from here.

Thanks.You're wonderful. Apart from tuition, I've seen two...Flinders University,Adelaide and Victoria and Victoria University,Melbourne.Wollongong University appears cost friendly if what they put out as tuition is to be believed.I will be hovering around these.....AUD28K--gosh and am not the one paying.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 07, 2013
@Ferdimako

Trust me when I say FLINDERS UNIVERSITY is a very good university. The first school in Australia (I think) to offer a four years graduate MBBS degree.

As per cost, that was why I opted for Germany, I did not tell my parents my reason, I lied and told them I wanted some where different, the cost of tuition fees here is not beans, I still found myself here anyways even though I tried to run cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2013
Jenny,please can you equally visit us on Germany forum to assist some of us there,you know most people intention moving to study in non english speaking countries is because of finance and many want to relocate to the English speaking countries as soon as they see the opportunity.Me personally have a lot to ask you on that forum
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
surecan: Jenny,please can you equally visit us on Germany forum to assist some of us there,you know most people intention moving to study in non english speaking countries is because of finance and many want to relocate to the English speaking countries as soon as they see the opportunity.Me personally have a lot to ask you on that forum

Aww would have loved to join yous but truth is, It's been a long time now and I cannot remember things re German schools and visas. I am sure a lot of people on that thread who are updated with current happenings will help yous out.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry:

Aww would have loved to join yous but truth is, It's been a long time now and I cannot remember things re German schools and visas. I am sure a lot of people on that thread who are updated with current happenings will help yous out.

ok,thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
jennykadry: @Ferdimako

Trust me when I say FLINDERS UNIVERSITY is a very good university. The first school in Australia (I think) to offer a four years graduate MBBS degree.

As per cost, that was why I opted for Germany, I did not tell my parents my reason, I lied and told them I wanted some where different, the cost of tuition fees here is not beans, I still found myself here anyways even though I tried to run cheesy

Okay.Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by collyno200(m): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2013
I got this from UNSW.International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA) Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Faculty Research Stipend.They stated categorically that international students can get scholarship which contradicts earlier statement in this forum that its not possible except you are a permanent resident.I heard of a student from my school that got a scholarship in australia and he wasnt a permanent resident.clarifications pls
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by collyno200(m): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2013
I got this from UNSW.International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA) Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Faculty Research Stipend.They stated categorically that international students can get scholarship which contradicts earlier statement in this forum that its not possible except you are a permanent resident.I heard of a student from my school that got a scholarship in australia and he wasnt a permanent resident.I need clarifications pls
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
@goshen its almost 7wks bf they grant m my visa and they contacted me 5 days after submission at vfs nigeria requesting for medical.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
bbamega: @goshen its almost 7wks bf they grant m my visa and they contacted me 5 days after submission at vfs nigeria requesting for medical.

Thanks. Mine has been a month without any feedback from them. I guess it's high time I got in touch with them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ferdi

How are you going?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
jennykadry: @ferdi

How are you going?

Am okay.How are you today?I think I will settle for either Flinders University,Adelaide
or Edith Cowan University,Perth.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by darellrivers: 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
hi..I am currently studying in the UK but would like to visit Australia later in the Year. Would I apply from the Australian embassy in the UK or do i have to apply through south africa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.