Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,461 members, 7,850,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (761376 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bannana(m): 6:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Hello house please is the yellow fever card still required for travelers to Australia from Nigeria? Is it required to be presented at the port of entry.A friend of mine who is traveling on a visitor visa needs this information.Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2014
bannana:
Hello house please is the yellow fever card still required for travelers to Australia from Nigeria? Is it required to be presented at the port of entry.A friend of mine who is traveling on a visitor visa needs this information.Thanks

Not sure for visitors but they do ask for it at the port of entry.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bannana(m): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks FutureDon, do you know the best way to get this done? I was told it can be obtained at the Lagos airport for a fee?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2014
bannana:
Thanks FutureDon, do you know the best way to get this done? I was told it can be obtained at the Lagos airport for a fee?

Yea that's correct. I got mine for 1k at Lagos Port Health, pretty easy and straightforward to get. Don't forget to take your international passport along as it is required.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bannana(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2014
God bless you my brother
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Hello house, please help me.I want to inquire if there are any schools currently admitting students for undergraduate or diploma courses or TAFE courses, and if any standardized test is required. Lastly, how much is paid. Before acceptance letter is given
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
@sawyersam

Ur gonna have to do the search for Urslf. There are lots of schools ur going to have to closely examine. But if ur intentions are to migrate after studies you should make sure the course is in line with skill shortages in Australia. Also I believe choosing a school in a regional area will also pay ur government in the long run.

No standardized test. Just ielts
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
@malkinburg. Thanks very much. After admission, what is usually required before acceptance letter is given.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
sawyersam:
@malkinburg. Thanks very much. After admission, what is usually required before acceptance letter is given.

Generally the admission letter comes with an acceptance letter which u have to sign and return to the school. But in most cases when you accept your offer, you have to pay a tuition deposit and also pay for health insurance cover specified on ur offer for the duration of the program. Afterwards, a certificate of enrollment is then issued. With this COE you can now apply for ur student visa.

If your looking for TAFE/PGD i advice u seek a packaged course that has a degree or masters pathway so u cud get SVP status ie "Streamlined visa procesing" so ur visa wouldn't be much of a hassle.

U need 2 do research tho. Cheers
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
@ zenkel.

Oboy how was the experience going the Malaysian route. Hope u didnt experience any drama on ur interchange from Malay to Oz Any flight delays from air-asia How will you rate their service?? Abeg play the cassette may boyz know wetin to expect when time don reach. holla

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2014
malkinburg:
@ zenkel.

Oboy how was the experience going the Malaysian route. Hope u didnt experience any drama on ur interchange from Malay to Oz Any flight delays from air-asia How will you rate their service?? Abeg play the cassette may boyz know wetin to expect when time don reach. holla
Ok
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 6:58am On Oct 06, 2014
malkinburg:
@ zenkel.

The experience is worth it. KLIA is a beautiful airport...far better than Goldcoast and Brisbane airport. My flight to Ethiopia from Lagos was delayed by 1hr. Though it didn't affect my next flight to KLIA; it only reduced my waiting time at the airport from 3hrs to 2hrs. Upon arrival at KLIA, I went straight to the immigration office and gave them my passport, the man requested for my connecting flight ticket to Australia and my Australia visa which I showed him before he cleared me.
I went straight to KLIA2 from there to check in with Airasia. I checked in at Airasia with no hassle.
Airasia service was ok, only that everyone's ticket comes with the meal he/she chose when booking the flight. There were people who were not served because they didn't include it on their ticket.
I left Nigeria 2:05pm Thursday and got to Australia 7:25am Saturday; no delay at the end

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 7:03am On Oct 06, 2014
wahabcoal:
House, if one applys for a TAFE with pathway to degree (SVP), and completes the 2 year TAFE, Is it a MUST to continue with the degree program?
Response please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2014
Zenkel:

The experience is worth it. KLIA is a beautiful airport...far better than Goldcoast and Brisbane airport. My flight to Ethiopia from Lagos was delayed by 1hr. Though it didn't affect my next flight to KLIA; it only reduced my waiting time at the airport from 3hrs to 2hrs. Upon arrival at KLIA, I went straight to the immigration office and gave them my passport, the man requested for my connecting flight ticket to Australia and my Australia visa which I showed him before he cleared me.
I went straight to KLIA2 from there to check in with Airasia. I checked in at Airasia with no hassle.
Airasia service was ok, only that everyone's ticket comes with the meal he/she chose when booking the flight. There were people who were not served because they didn't include it on their ticket.
I left Nigeria 2:05pm Thursday and got to Australia 7:25am Saturday; no delay at the end

Thanks for the vital info.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tonybunor(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2014
Hell, "just so u know", I just left zankli hospital and they said they won't be conducting the medical examination till Wednesday cause of the public holls. So anybody for medicals should chill till after the hollz.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:16am On Oct 06, 2014
Zenkel:

@Zenkel...Thanks for the info. I ll be taking this route too when am set...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
pls carry it cos they will definitely ask you at the point of entry..its even on their website
FutureDon:

Not sure for visitors but they do ask for it at the port of entry.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 07, 2014
equlibrium:
Visa granted today, 2nd oct 2014
Applied 16 sept 2014
Subclass 573, higher education
School: Edith Cowan University
Start date of Msc program: 23 feb 2015
Thanks to every one on this forum for the pointers, especially Jennykadry even with our earlier fights, bossladymo and futuredon for pointing out that you can email the visa office if you think its taking time.
Can't wait for a new chapter in my life, this one is sooo done!
Are you equilibrium on Canada page?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by WestAfrican: 10:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Airasia is a lowcost airline. You can travel as cheap as $10 from Malaysia or Singapore to thialand, Laos, china, Vietnam, Cambodia as long as you book early during the promotion time. That doesn't include food, head kits,blanket, luggage and use of toilet in the future.
Customer service is good and they hardly have delays unlike Tiger air(although I haven't personally experienced any delay traveling with Tiger) The only rigor with Airasia is travelling from klia to klia2 terminal which doesn't apply when you travel with Tiger air.

Make sure you have you yellow fever card while traveling out of 9ja or any third world nation. Each vaccine card last for 9 years.
If you looking at getting from MIA Lagos on the day you'r traveling out endeavor to get there 7-9hrs before your flight to avoid delay.

Zenkel:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 07, 2014
is it possible to convert visa obtained through conference to student visa upon arrival?
please kindly advice.
I am planning of coming to Australia through a conference program and apply for a TAFE course upon arrival in order to extend my stay or seek asylum
please kindly advice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Finally....God has done it !!!!

We have been granted our PR

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
spiggy:

Yay!!! *Dancing alanta with my big belly* lol

Pls share your timeline
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Thanks Bossladymo ----- my time line is below:

IELTS - 8,8,8,8.5 - August 2013
Engineers Australia positive assessment - November 2013
Medicals/PCC - November 2013
Visa Lodged - December 2013
CO Assigned - Jan 2014
Health Undertaking for wife - March 2014
Routine checks - very very very long.....I sent mails every month but was always told to wait
Medical request for wife again - August 2014
Grant - today grin

The most difficult part of this process is the waiting - it can lead to high BP but my advise is to channel your focus/energy in to other activities.

I thought we were home and dry when my wife's undertaking was submitted but it seemed that was when the routine checks were initiated.

Anyway, I have more than a million things to say about the process from my non-stop checking of expatforum/australiaforum/pomsinoz/nairaland/migration alliance/immiaccount to get updates to calling/sending emails to DIBP cry ...but I'll stop now.

Best of luck and Godspeed to others in the process - I pray your routine checks are short and sharp !
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
spiggy:
Thanks Bossladymo ----- my time line is below:

IELTS - 8,8,8,8.5 - August 2013
Engineers Australia positive assessment - November 2013
Medicals/PCC - November 2013
Visa Lodged - December 2013
CO Assigned - Jan 2014
Health Undertaking for wife - March 2014
Routine checks - very very very long.....I sent mails every month but was always told to wait
Medical request for wife again - August 2014
Grant - today grin

The most difficult part of this process is the waiting - it can lead to high BP but my advise is to channel your focus/energy in to other activities.

I thought we were home and dry when my wife's undertaking was submitted but it seemed that was when the routine checks were initiated.

Anyway, I have more than a million things to say about the process from my non-stop checking of expatforum/australiaforum/pomsinoz/nairaland/migration alliance/immiaccount to get updates to calling/sending emails to DIBP cry ...but I'll stop now.

Best of luck and Godspeed to others in the process - I pray your routine checks are short and sharp !

Wow! What a long wait. Well it's better than Pakistanis and Bangladeshis that have to wait 12-18months after CO allocation.

I wonder what parameters theu use to determine which and which application goes to security checks
..cos even a few Pakistanis get their visas in 4mths.

Oh well, it's enjoyment for you now...the wait is over! I just hope I'm not placed on security checks sha....what harm can a wife, husband and 2 kids do hehehehe!

Congrats once again...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
spiggy:

Congrats spiggy. Mehn, looking at ur timeline, urs took like 10months for grant. Its just for someone to be patient. Congrats once again.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
bossladyMo:

Yay!!! *Dancing alanta with my big belly* lol

Pls share your timeline

Hehehehehehe
Madam, Alanta wit big belly? Skelewu or Shoky wud be better o. Lol
Spiggy's took like 10months for grant. Its just for one to be patient. Goodluck to ur app.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
@bossladyMo

You can say that again....it was a really long wait....thank God it's over.

Generally, I have noticed the Subclass 190 guys do not go through lengthy security checks but they take their sweet time with subclass 189 - which I applied for by the way.

I believe the 489 subclass should be similar to the 190 so fear not.

Then the naija factor again is a cause for concern, I suspect they check our applications thoroughly for fraudulent claims etc - also all our medicals get referred by default.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
prechear:

Congrats spiggy. Mehn, looking at ur timeline, urs took like 10months for grant. Its just for someone to be patient. Congrats once again.

Truck loads of patience angry

Good luck with your app Prechear !

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
spiggy:
@bossladyMo

You can say that again....it was a really long wait....thank God it's over.

Generally, I have noticed the Subclass 190 guys do not go through lengthy security checks but they take their sweet time with subclass 189 - which I applied for by the way.

I believe the 489 subclass should be similar to the 190 so fear not.

Then the naija factor again is a cause for concern, I suspect they check our applications thoroughly for fraudulent claims etc - also all our medicals get referred by default.

Yea...489 and 190 are on priority 3, while 189 is on priority 4...so like you said, your case might have not been forwarded to security checks on time. But ot's worth it though, cos 189 is the king of all visas lol.

You won't believe there are more fraudulent applications from India and those Asian countries, compared to Naija...don't know why Nigeria is the one they focus on.

So far, I don't have a CO...so maybe that's a good sign...cos ive seen 2 Pakistanis who applied in Aug and have gotten a CO already...majorly cos they have to be forwarded for security checks.

Did you claim work experience points? That one also lengthens the overall application process. Also, were you under Adelaide?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
prechear:

Hehehehehehe
Madam, Alanta wit big belly? Skelewu or Shoky wud be better o. Lol
Spiggy's took like 10months for grant. Its just for one to be patient. Goodluck to ur app.

Hahahahha! Na skelewu come beta abi?

Goodluck to you too!

Are you under Adelaide?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
Haustraliah:
is it possible to convert visa obtained through conference to student visa upon arrival?
please kindly advice.
I am planning of coming to Australia through a conference program and apply for a TAFE course upon arrival in order to extend my stay or seek asylum
please kindly advice.
my candid advise is, dont seek asylum dude because if it fails you are doom. Try to enter via tafe and you can save up for the course, which can grant you a PR. you cant switch to student visa from conference. All the best

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
spiggy:

Congrat dude. Which state are you heading to

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.