Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (753704 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
cconcept:

thanks doctor

any time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
@dr julaiana,apart from what is listed in the application for student visa checklist,is there any other documents you added or that you can advice us to add to make it a successful application
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kizzo147: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
Bro Americavisa, thank you so much for the information.. I am actually a graduate but my school is a bleeped up school, transcript is not ready after one good year of graduation.. And i will like to apply enough to meet up with the july intake.. Please do not be annoyed but i want to know if you are going for a business related course, how much is are you expected to pay in order to get you COE. Thank you so much
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
Americanvisa: @dr julaiana,apart from what is listed in the application for student visa checklist,is there any other documents you added or that you can advice us to add to make it a successful application

not much really after the requirements, but i think the question you need to take time to answer is what will you do after your studies, i think it has options of if you have employment waiting for you etc, choose your words carefully here.

one thing i usually do when applying for a visa is write a statement of purpose, this letter addresses why you intend to travel and introduce yourself. it should be comprehensive and well written, maximum 2 A4 pages (double space). when an officer read this, he/she has a quick understanding of what your application is all about and easy to assess you.

if you send a brief intro, i can help you with a letter and any other person interested

hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
please can you give me a hint,i sent you message now on your nairaland email,thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
Americanvisa: please can you give me a hint,i sent you message now on your nairaland email,thank you

i don't know where my email is here, am new with this naira land thing, i can see i have a PM, nibo lo wa oooo?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dr. Juliana:

i don't know where my email is here, am new with this naira land thing, i can see i have a PM, nibo lo wa oooo?

just check the email you used to open nairaland,you will see the message
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dr. Juliana:

any time

I believe u did IETLS.Do these people use English language more than us? Hey did you pay the 20K at once b4 COE was sent and any application fee? Am looking at their Master of Information Technology.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 12:58am On Feb 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

just check the email you used to open nairaland,you will see the message

I just did, nothing in it, it just said you wanted to send me an email/connect to me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 1:03am On Feb 27, 2013
ferdimako:

I believe u did IETLS.Do these people use English language more than us? Hey did you pay the 20K at once b4 COE was sent and any application fee? Am looking at their Master of Information Technology.

No i didn't do IELTS, i always talk my way out of it, it is a waste of time in my opinion, but necessary though and yes they use english lol, it is an english speaking country. i paid approximately $12,000 before the COE was issued, no application fees either. what campus will the Master of IT be in? am in Mt. Helen and it is huge.
good luck with the application

hope this helps
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 27, 2013
^^^^ it is not about talking your way out of IELTS. If it is needed for your course of study there is no talking your way out of it, reason being you are not the only student in that school neither are you from the few recognized English speaking countries.

@zioni

How are you settling?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 2:04am On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=jennykadry]^^^^ it is not about talking your way out of IELTS. If it is needed for your course of study there is no talking your way out of it, reason being you are not the only student in that school neither are you from the few recognized English speaking countries.

I actually did. didn't take IELTS for my 2nd and current 3rd degree, i could be very persuasive smiley but you are right though, if the school need it, you will provide it, I just didn't do it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Are you planning on staying long term ?its a beautiful country -Australia I mean.

Thanks for helping others out. I have been so busy off late. We need more of you here. smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 6:37am On Feb 27, 2013
welcome aunty jenny,you are more than the best,may God strengthen you so that you can use your wealth of experience to direct your people.Amen
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 6:41am On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=Dr. Juliana][/quote]

But IELTS is needed for visa application,so how do you cross it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2013
Dr. Juliana:

No i didn't do IELTS, i always talk my way out of it, it is a waste of time in my opinion, but necessary though and yes they use english lol, it is an english speaking country. i paid approximately $12,000 before the COE was issued, no application fees either. what campus will the Master of IT be in? am in Mt. Helen and it is huge.
good luck with the application

hope this helps

Yeah Mt Helen as well..I've started the online application.I have an unofficial Transcript because the original won't be in until October or November, so could I just notarize that with other documents.That my B.Sc Transcript will be the only unofficial and not original document or should I scramble for anything from my school and wait I do that?I will do the IETLS, so always not to have any road bumps with the Embassy.I will register in May against late August test date in Abuja.Am looking at Feb 2014 start date.Thanks so much with those responses.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 27, 2013
Dr. Juliana:

I just did, nothing in it, it just said you wanted to send me an email/connect to me

He has started to go private...now he is benefiting from my own public activity.Dr Juliana, pls let's keep events open and public.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2013
ferdimako:

He has started to go private...now he is benefiting from my own public activity.Dr Juliana, pls let's keep events open and public.

so you want me to upload my statement of purpose here abi
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

so you want me to upload my statement of purpose here abi

Yes I support Ferdimako. If it has to do with Australian visa, state it here.

@drjulian

I have been asked to contact people offline and I refused. Whatever they have to say should be posted here, cos everyone is here to learn. I don't support offline contacts re Aussie visa. Nothing is shady here, let people state their purpose on this thread
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2013
jennykadry:

@drjulian

I have been asked to contact people offline and I refused. Whatever they have to say should be posted here, cos everyone is here to learn. I don't support offline contacts re Aussie visa. Nothing is shady here, let people state their purpose on this thread

I am not going offline with him/her,if you read our former conversation,i only demanded him/her to look into my statement of purpose and edit it for me,that is all.I supported non offline 2
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2013
jennykadry: Are you planning on staying long term ?its a beautiful country -Australia I mean.

Thanks for helping others out. I have been so busy off late. We need more of you here. smiley

Hello Jenny, am sorry for the late reply, I have been out all afternoon doing students stuff, ID cards, course registration etc. yes i plan to stay long term. and am glad to help.. you have done a great job so far smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 9:49am On Feb 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

But IELTS is needed for visa application,so how do you cross it.

like i said, i could be very persuasive and make a case for myself, or maybe i was just lucky... twice smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2013
jennykadry:

@drjulian

I understand your point of views, but there are some things that are actually personal and not easy to discuss openly, although it seem unfair, we should probably just put it out here, but i think writing a statement of purpose is a bit personal, and some people might just copy and paste what is written here without having anything to do with their own situation and giving the case officer a look. Let's try to put it here, but statement of purpose, I am willing to help edit privately for anyone interested.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah Mt Helen as well..I've started the online application.I have an unofficial Transcript because the original won't be in until October or November, so could I just notarize that with other documents.That my B.Sc Transcript will be the only unofficial and not original document or should I scramble for anything from my school and wait I do that?I will do the IETLS, so always not to have any road bumps with the Embassy.I will register in May against late August test date in Abuja.Am looking at Feb 2014 start date.Thanks so much with those responses.

I like your 'not fire brigade' approach, you are planing and this is good and i am sure it will be a hitch free application. I think you should get your transcripts notorised from your department, they can also write a letter that you have completed your studies and say attached is the unofficial transcripts, your HOD can write if you are cool with him/her. make sure you notorise all documents, the school will only ask you to send a scanned copy, no need to mail anything to them.

Go ahead with the IELTS, i didn't do it, so i have no advice on how to prepare for it.

Good luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Dr. Juliana:

I like your 'not fire brigade' approach, you are planing and this is good and i am sure it will be a hitch free application. I think you should get your transcripts notorised from your department, they can also write a letter that you have completed your studies and say attached is the unofficial transcripts, your HOD can write if you are cool with him/her. make sure you notorise all documents, the school will only ask you to send a scanned copy, no need to mail anything to them.

Go ahead with the IELTS, i didn't do it, so i have no advice on how to prepare for it.

Good luck

Thanks.Don't bother on the IETLS, I have got it covered.Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

I am not going offline with him/her,if you read our former conversation,i only demanded him/her to look into my statement of purpose and edit it for me,that is all.I supported non offline 2

Okay...no problems with that.Try to make ur SOP reflect ur past and future doings.Just be different and on point.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 27, 2013
jennykadry:

@drjulian

Thanks.It looks University of Ballarat,UB got me.It's in Melbourne.Their Master of IT and Cost are something I love and I can pay.Am still fluid but definitely am cool with UB.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DrJuliana(f): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2013
ferdimako:

Thanks.It looks University of Ballarat,UB got me.It's in Melbourne.Their Master of IT and Cost are something I love and I can pay.Am still fluid but definitely am cool with UB.

cool yay for UB applicants smiley

good luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 11:23am On Feb 27, 2013
Dear all,

It's quite impressive how individuals are helping with sorting out issues for prospective students going to Australia.

Some of us would like to help others who are considering/applying for the skilled migration programme. It'd be a jumble-mumble maze applying for the migration programme but it's easy and some of us who have been successful would like to help prospective migrants. However, it seems the crux here has to do with student visa applications only.

Maybe Justwise could look into this.

Just willing to lend a helping hand in our diminutive capacity.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 27, 2013
manmeta: Dear all,

It's quite impressive how individuals are helping with sorting out issues for prospective students going to Australia.

Some of us would like to help others who are considering/applying for the skilled migration programme. It'd be a jumble-mumble maze applying for the migration programme but it's easy and some of us who have been successful would like to help prospective migrants. However, it seems the crux here has to do with student visa applications only.

Maybe Justwise could look into this.

Just willing to lend a helping hand in our diminutive capacity.

My 2 cents.

Yeah, you can just start the thread. I tried it in 2010, but mistakes cost me that opportunity.I will get the PR visa studies/student visa this time. I think am better prepared now.How are you and family coping?Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by detoun82(f): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
I agree with Manmeta about assisting those who are thinking of sending in an SMP application - the process could be lengthy, rigorous and anxiety ridden. I think every little information counts and shared knowledge is what could make the difference between a grant or a rejected application, especially in light of the introduction of SkillSelect where over claiming on points could easily jeopardize your application ($3060 is not easy o)!!!! Having said that, these things are also on a case by case basis and could sometimes depend on the case officer or on an applicant's history and ability to provide the right info/documents. For me, it took less than three weeks after case officer allocation for the CO to grant me my PR and he didn't even ask for medicals but that could be because i had medicals done last year for 485 visa. Any which ways, i was over the roof and ecstatic when it came through and give God all the praise grin

Regarding the student visa application, I'd be happy to chip in my two cents when i can even though i applied for that 6 years back but still have an idea of the process involved. Jenny and some forum members seem to have that neatly covered though wink- You should seriously consider setting up an agency!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: Gbemyco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.