Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754855 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2014
oluwatobi94:

did that person extended his OSHC... since he arrive 4month to his resumption date.

Honestly am not sure if he did. Can reach him to ask. But its always best to do the right thing and avoid some little change scuttle ur plans. If u wanna move earlier just extend it. U don't know if u meet someone that decides to check. What happens den. I no wan scare u but be proactive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2014
gogochocolate:
My people, I wish to confirm that I and my family members were granted skilled select permanent 189 visa this night. I called my case officer to enquire about my application status and he told me he would go through my documents and get back to me. Less than 10 minutes later, I get the grant notification from Australia. Let me start by expressing my appreciation to everybody that has contributed to this forum. I am deeply indebted to bosslady, mameta who sent me his write up for engineers australia, jenny kandry, precher and others too numerous to mention. I appreciate your inputs and support. I cant thank you all enough for the kindnes..May God grant you all your heart desires. Thank you. Those looking for PR visa and student visa God will grant you your heart desires

Thank God for you. It is well. may God direct you to the right state where you will meet with your destiny. Amen.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 28, 2014
malkinburg:

This teleperformance people Na wah ooh. I am beginning to doubt their efficiency. Please anybody wey don get visa since them take over pls share ur timeline.

any response from DIBP?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ministry is moving.

More good news to follow.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Congrats oo
gogochocolate:
My people, I wish to confirm that I and my family members were granted skilled select permanent 189 visa this night. I called my case officer to enquire about my application status and he told me he would go through my documents and get back to me. Less than 10 minutes later, I get the grant notification from Australia. Let me start by expressing my appreciation to everybody that has contributed to this forum. I am deeply indebted to bosslady, mameta who sent me his write up for engineers australia, jenny kandry, precher and others too numerous to mention. I appreciate your inputs and support. I cant thank you all enough for the kindnes..May God grant you all your heart desires. Thank you. Those looking for PR visa and student visa God will grant you your heart desires

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dear All,

Please help me ....

My brother has been working on getting an admission since June with BCIE. He wants to study accounting at an undergraduate level, he has an OND which he finished in 2003 and has been working since then. The schools they applied to on his behalf refused him

After a while, we started applying by ourselves (left to me we would have done this process on our own but I was pregnant and just didn't have the energy then).

He got an offer from Edith Cowan University (ECU), the offer was conditional; he has to have a PTE score of 58, he wrote PTE last week and got 47. Anyway ECU's fee for the course is AUD 25,600 per annum, we decided to wait for other schools we had applied for because ECU is a bit pricey, but also asked them to package an english language course for him. We are seriously trying not to put all our eggs in one basket...lol.

On Tuesday morning, we got two offers of admission, one from University of Southern Queensland (USQ), fees is AUD19,500 and the other from Flinders University , fee is AUD 20,600 per annum.
us
We applied to all these schools on our own, however, we transferred ECU to BCIE after we got the offer. After applying for Flinders with AUD 90 online, they then directed us to their agent in Nigeria saying their is high flight risk in Nigeria , luckily their agent is BCIE and they gave him the offer after BCIE communicated with them.

Now to the main crux of the matter...we are tending to go towards Flinders because they have better ranking but their offer is conditional on a PTE of 50 with both speaking and writing not less than 50 or applying to one of their English language partner institutes. The options are to rewrite the PTE and hope he makes 50, his speaking was low...30...is there somewhere in Lagos he can quickly go for PTE tutoring? Second option is to apply to the English Language school at an additional cost of about N1.5M for 25 to 30 weeks, this will also postpone the start of the accounting course till next year , same as ECU.

USQ's offer is conditional upon his Polytechnic sending his OND transcripts directly to the University and meeting GTE requirement (we can meet this because the form they sent us to fill, we had filled it before, provided evidence and they had said it was okay before offering his admission. We are surprised that they did not say anything about English Language proficiency. He will be able to go through SVP once we show them evidence that we still have the AUD 40,000 they said we need to show. BCIE said they cannot package the visa application for us because it is not one of their partner universities. Do you guys think we should take this offer so that he can start 2015 or we take Flinders? Can people assist us with information about how to package the visa application ourselves? Is there a post on this thread with detailed information that I can refer to?

Are there any students currently at Flinders or USQ? Please signify so that we can ask you questions.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
gogochocolate:
. Congrats gogochocolate. I key into your testimony in Jesus name,Amen.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
malkinburg:

Honestly am not sure if he did. Can reach him to ask. But its always best to do the right thing and avoid some little change scuttle ur plans. If u wanna move earlier just extend it. U don't know if u meet someone that decides to check. What happens den. I no wan scare u but be proactive.

Thanks... am expecting my golden mail by next week, i just replied my CO on Wednesday. when do you think i should call my CO to know the status of my application (visa 573) or should i still put my fingers crossed..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by piusford: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
gogochocolate:

Congratulations. LLP!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
oluwatobi94:

Thanks... am expecting my golden mail by next week, i just replied my CO on Wednesday. when do you think i should call my CO to know the status of my application (visa 573) or should i still put my fingers crossed..
call
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 2:20am On Nov 29, 2014
gogochocolate:
wow!!! goodnews to celebrate this christmas with... congratulations to you... and welcome to AUSTRALIA...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2014
Congrats gogochocolate May God guide you and your family as you take that huge step of relocating.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:35am On Nov 29, 2014
happytbaby:

Are there any students currently at Flinders or USQ? Please signify so that we can ask you questions.

To begin with, most of us tend to ignore long posts smiley

I would suggest that he retake PTE, that's one of the easiest standardized English exam anyone could write - based on my experience. Please do not signup for that 20-30wks English prep course, it's a complete waste of money and time for a Nigerian who has been using English language since Primary school. All he needs to do is get some free test materials online (using google) and take as many as possible prior to his test date.

I am happy to provide information about applying by yourselves, although much has been posted here already. You can peruse my previous posts. Unrealtedly, I do think that all Australian unis are good. I'm aware of the existence of university ranking, however, I do no think that Aussies place much emphasis on it. In sum, your brother should be able to attend any of the universities you have listed in your post. In my opinion, Flinders, USQ and ECU are all decent Unis. I would have advised otherwise if he's looking to do some research intensive programs.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2014
oluwatobi94:

What did your CO ask for that u had to reply??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 10:50am On Nov 29, 2014
surveyor1:

call

thanks, will do just that on Monday...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2014
kakazee:
I submitted all the document listed on the immigration site for AL3 my kids COE inclusive and for the SoA, my spouse is my sponsor, 10m fixed deposit, 7m sigma pension fund and 1m savings acct. I also included certified copies of our landed propertied and vechicles.
did you show proof of enrolment, school in AU, for all your kids in your application?
My wife is given admission for MPH in Adelaide uni, she will want to go with our 2 kids.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2014
malkinburg:

What did your CO ask for that u had to reply??

i was asked to provide Extension/ late arrival letter since my school resumed Nov 17 and i have not being granted my visa.
she also ask me to write a statement of what i have being doing after graduation in 2011. so i ask my sch to defer my admission to April.
I replied my CO on Wednesday but did not get any reply since then.. What do you suggest i do..

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jeff5105: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2014
@ Jenny,my visa was rejected two months ago even though I applied through an agent.As a result of insufficency of fund.Is there any way I could apply without havhpng to provide a statement of account?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
oluwatobi94:

i was asked to provide Extension/ late arrival letter since my school resumed Nov 17 and i have not being granted my visa.
she also ask me to write a statement of what i have being doing after graduation in 2011. so i ask my sch to defer my admission to April.
I replied my CO on Wednesday but did not get any reply since then.. What do you suggest i do..

Thanks

call your CO, they are very nice on phone trust me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
jeff5105:
@ Jenny,my visa was rejected two months ago even though I applied through an agent.As a result of insufficency of fund.Is there any way I could apply without havhpng to provide a statement of account?
you need to opt for school with SVP.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
jeff5105:

What visa subclass did you apply for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
alukojosh:

call your CO, they are very nice on phone trust me.

Thanks. i will do just that on Monday... But i don't have her personal number, the number that came with her message was +27 12 423 6000 and each time i call this number they don't pick up on time. will even end up exhausting all my units. but will try it again on Monday.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tweeny24: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hello @everyone...am new to this thread and want to inquire on the steps to take in getting a student visa to Australia..looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks in advance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
oluwatobi94:

Thanks. i will do just that on Monday... But i don't have her personal number, the number that came with her message was +27 12 423 6000 and each time i call this number they don't pick up on time. will even end up exhausting all my units. but will try it again on Monday.

I will P.M you a number that you wont even be on hold for 1 minutes, willl do that when i get home
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jeff5105: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
I applied for a student visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jeff5105: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
@ surveyor1 what do u mean by a school with SVP?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
jeff5105:

What kinda of agent did not know a good enough account for you? What a high level of incompetence! Sorry for that...and go for SVP as advised.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
jeff5105:

What kinda of agent did not know a good enough account for you? What a high level of incompetence! Sorry for that...go for SVP as advised.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
jeff5105:
@ surveyor1 what do u mean by a school with SVP?

go on the immigration site and search out SVP.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
tweeny24:
Hello @everyone...am new to this thread and want to inquire on the steps to take in getting a student visa to Australia..looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks in advance

Read from page 1.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
alukojosh:

I will P.M you a number that you wont even be on hold for 1 minutes, willl do that when i get home

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oluwatobi94: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
jennykadry:

go on the immigration site and search out SVP.

streamline visa processing..

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.