Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754220 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 7:40am On Nov 26, 2014
Hello All,

Sent this mail to Vetassess unbehalf of my wife, but still not gotten a reply. Pls guys help me clear the air with it. Below is the mail sent and anzsco explanation on vetassess's website.

For my case- the main applicant, Nipost never got to Vetassess since Sept 4 as opposed to the 15working days claimed for registered mails. Result was due Nov .15. Had to request for transcript again from my Uni and sent via TNT this time . Doc is now in Melbourne and should get positive result tomorrow by His grace.

I want to be assessed under Organisation and methods analyst.I have 3yrs post MBA work experience as a Change Manager/ Transformation Analyst.I have a Bsc Accounting(Nigeria) - irrelevant. I have a BA International Business(1yr) UK - relevant.I have an MBA (1yr)- UK - relevant.Will my 2yrs relevant education with 3yrs work experience be enough for a possible positive assessment?Do i need to submit academic documents forthe irrelevant Accounting degree?

Organisation and Methods Analyst (ANZSCO Code 224712)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment are required.If the degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Thanks all for your input.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:49am On Nov 26, 2014
cheedyH:
God has done great thing for Me. Just got positive assessment from VETASSES. Am so happy!! Thank God for me my people. Am going for SA state nomination. Anybody knows how long nomination takes.

IF you provide all necessary documents, it takes about 2-4 weeks depending on who is handling your application.

@Izykvision0,

Have you gone through all the available occupation on SOL/CSOL list before arriving at one that is putting you in a "tight corner"?

I guess you should add the BSc accounting degree, you never can tell. Is there no way you can suit your work reference to fit in to a skill relevant to accounting.

As explained on the website that three years experience can suffice in lieu of non-relevant degree, I guess you have a chance. However, I don't think a one year Bachelor study, irrespective of the country it is from, can equate to AQF bachelor degree not minding the MBA. This should make you add the BSc accounting.

I have been using NIPOST registered mail for all my international letter/envelope services and they have been very efficient and effective including sending my transcript to VETASSES from IFE. I guess something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2014
izykvision0:
Hello All,

Sent this mail to Vetassess unbehalf of my wife, but still not gotten a reply. Pls guys help me clear the air with it. Below is the mail sent and anzsco explanation on vetassess's website.

For my case- the main applicant, Nipost never got to Vetassess since Sept 4 as opposed to the 15working days claimed for registered mails. Result was due Nov .15. Had to request for transcript again from my Uni and sent via TNT this time . Doc is now in Melbourne and should get positive result tomorrow by His grace.

I want to be assessed under Organisation and methods analyst.I have 3yrs post MBA work experience as a Change Manager/ Transformation Analyst.I have a Bsc Accounting(Nigeria) - irrelevant. I have a BA International Business(1yr) UK - relevant.I have an MBA (1yr)- UK - relevant.Will my 2yrs relevant education with 3yrs work experience be enough for a possible positive assessment?Do i need to submit academic documents forthe irrelevant Accounting degree?

Organisation and Methods Analyst (ANZSCO Code 224712)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment are required.If the degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Thanks all for your input.

If you have an irrelevant degree, you need 3yrs experience. Yoir MBA will only help you if your degree is equated to less than an Aus BSc...as it will boost you.

If you want to be certain, you can apply for the advisory service. It will tell you if your education and employment is likely to qualify you. It's 15k and takes 7-10 days or so.

What I would have done is submit both my BSc Accountinf and MBA...then the 3yrs post MBA RELEVANT work experience...That is sure to get you a positive assessment.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 9:15am On Nov 26, 2014
Thanks bossladyMo. I finished from NAU. BSc Bjayzeez where are you? Pls I want to know d implications of adding relatives or family members to EOI. Input from all who has undergone. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2014
bellong:

As explained on the website that three years experience can suffice in lieu of non-relevant degree, I guess you have a chance. However, I don't think a one year Bachelor study, irrespective of the country it is from, can equate to AQF bachelor degree not minding the MBA

Spot on, there no way a 1yr Bachelor degree will be equal to 3yr Australian Bachelor degree. Also, I believe the 1yr Bachelor degree is built on your a Accountancy degree, so it cannot stand without it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Toyota Hiace bus 2007 Model (Nigerian used, but in PERFECT condition).

2.4m (Negotiable).

Hola if interested!

A referral to a buyer gets a commission.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2014
cheedyH:
Thanks bossladyMo. I finished from NAU. BSc Bjayzeez where are you? Pls I want to know d implications of adding relatives or family members to EOI. Input from all who has undergone. Thanks.

Cool!

Adding family members - You can only add DEPENDENT family members, that you can prove live with you, and are truly dependent on you.

Evidence to support claim of dependency - Bank statements showing financial support, evidence of residing with you etc.

Your dependent must pass medical and character tests.

Don't even bother adding a dependent if you don't have adequate proof the person is truly dependent on you.

Contact UBKTech

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2014
Thanks all for the replies. She will add the Accounting degree as well. We thought we cld escape from that transcript rigour of Nigerian Uni's. Assessing under Accounting wld av been fine, but she doesnt like d course/profession dats y she changed line. And Accounting job market is chocking up in Aussy. She can fit into ICT Business Analyst, but that again has been over flogged by Asians in Aussy. Hence, her proposition for Organisation and Methods Analyst, since i 'm d principal applicant under Statistician. She only wants to assess as part of job recruitment requirement in Aussy when I'm nominated by His grace. Not claiming points for her as already on 55.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kokobi99: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Oh thats true, I missed that part. Being equated to an associate degree is very possible, especially from a state school. My Bachelors was equated to an Aus Bachelors though. Did you finish with a first class? Do you have a masters degree?

No, 2:2 3.1, did you study in a state university, course duration, is your course highly relevant to your nominated occupation. Just want to have a critical look to know my chances.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2014
kokobi99:

No, 2:2 3.1, did you study in a state university, course duration, is your course highly relevant to your nominated occupation. Just want to have a critical look to know my chances.

Nope, Federal Uni...5yr course. My degree is highly relevant to my nominated occupation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2014
izykvision0:
Thanks all for the replies. She will add the Accounting degree as well. We thought we cld escape from that transcript rigour of Nigerian Uni's. Assessing under Accounting wld av been fine, but she doesnt like d course/profession dats y she changed line. And Accounting job market is chocking up in Aussy. She can fit into ICT Business Analyst, but that again has been over flogged by Asians in Aussy. Hence, her proposition for Organisation and Methods Analyst, since i 'm d principal applicant under Statistician. She only wants to assess as part of job recruitment requirement in Aussy when I'm nominated by His grace. Not claiming points for her as already on 55.

Some states offer free degree assessment for migrants who didn't come in on a skilled visa or dependents of skilled migrants...QLD does I think. You go ahead with your application...no need to wait for her as you already have 55 and not claiming partner points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2014
izykvision0:

There is a chance you land on a 489...so brace-up. QLD only has it on 489 list, and Victoria nomination can't be banked on...while it is closed in ACT.

Your wife, org & methods analyst is closed in ACT and on special conditions in SA.

So just brace up for a 489...unless you are lucky and QLD moves it back 190 like they did mine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:41am On Nov 26, 2014
cheedyH:

Are you planning to add relatives as migrating dependent or non-migrating dependent?

bossladyMo:
Toyota Hiace bus 2007 Model (Nigerian used, but in PERFECT condition).
2.4m (Negotiable).
Hola if interested!
A referral to a buyer gets a commission.

Open a thread in auto section with the pictures of the bus. Add a contact number to it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 10:45am On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

There is a chance you land on a 489...so brace-up. QLD only has it on 489 list, and Victoria nomination can't be banked on...while it is closed in ACT.

Your wife, org & methods analyst is closed in ACT and on special conditions in SA.

So just brace up for a 489...unless you are lucky and QLD moves it back 190 like they did mine.

I am praying and staying positive for Victoria as i meet their requirements and have the required skills needed in Big data space.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Otunba4eva: 10:48am On Nov 26, 2014
Hello nairalanders, Please what is my chance of getting a visa this time around on advance diploma SVPs . Having been refuse twice. Please I need a lead in this regards. Cos I still believe if I can add some more relevant docs to my application I can still make it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 26, 2014
izykvision0:

I am praying and staying positive for Victoria as i meet their requirements and have the required skills needed in Big data space.

I hope the experience you have is in the science industry, and you have way more than the 2yr basic requirement?

VIC rejected me, despite their booming Agric industry and my work experience fitting perfectly...but thank God I didn't have to wait for months before the result came out...just 8 days.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 26, 2014
bellong:

Are you planning to add relatives as migrating dependent or non-migrating dependent?

Open a thread in auto section with the pictures of the bus. Add a contact number to it.

Imagine...I totally forgot about pics. Thanks!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

I hope the experience you have is in the science industry, and you have way more than the 2yr basic requirement?

VIC rejected me, despite their booming Agric industry and my work experience fitting perfectly...but thank God I didn't have to wait for months before the result came out...just 8 days.

Yes i have experience in d science industry (food and beverage) spanning 2+years. I think importantly for Vic is skill set especially d use of software applications like SAS for predictive modeling. This is d transferrable skill they talk of. I have a 6page committment letter as well. So just praying.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2014
Otunba4eva:
Hello nairalanders, Please what is my chance of getting a visa this time around on advance diploma SVPs . Having been refuse twice. Please I need a lead in this regards. Cos I still believe if I can add some more relevant docs to my application I can still make it.

Why were you refused twice please?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 11:28am On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Additional tests don't come up on your ehealth application, unless you declared a past illness when generating the health referral letter. But if you didn't, but it shows up on your x-ray or tests, they can still submit it. However, like in the case of TB, they will call you back to come get the sputum test pending the time you hear back from the MOC.

Call your CO.
called CO no one picking my calls just the waiting gist and the cut off afterwards. I did test last week wed, called the hospital about what I see on my epanel page the nurses sound very rude the first time had to call again the mathron gave me a listening hear and since then they have been saying come for culture test. Ive always been the one calling they never called me once nor any email from co about culture test and my page still reads not submitted...thats the whole story

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2014
izykvision0:

Yes i have experience in d science industry (food and beverage) spanning 2+years. I think importantly for Vic is skill set especially d use of software applications like SAS for predictive modeling. This is d transferrable skill they talk of. I have a 6page committment letter as well. So just praying.

Okay then!...fingers crossed, hope for the best!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 26, 2014
alukojosh:

called CO no one picking my calls just the waiting gist and the cut off afterwards. I did test last week wed, called the hospital about what I see on my epanel page the nurses sound very rude the first time had to call again the mathron gave me a listening hear and since then they have been saying come for culture test. Ive always been the one calling they never called me once nor any email from co about culture test and my page still reads not submitted...thats the whole story

Mail your CO then. I'm confused myself.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Mail your CO then. I'm confused myself.
CO never responded to my mail. Did the third mail today urgent as subject, still hoping for a response
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
alukojosh:

CO never responded to my mail. Did the third mail today urgent as subject, still hoping for a response

Guess u applied for PR and not Student Visa. BossladyMo has expertise in the area of PR.

Now am thinking maybe d way they handle PR medicals differ from student medical and the Panel Doctor has detected abnormality in ur xray and want you to clear up once and for all.

It is good u emailed CO. Then go to the clinic and follow the Doctor's instruction. They sometimes know better as it is not their first experience. I bet they are under obligation to do what will favor u..trust me.
Now relax and go for the cultures.
You ll be fine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by sunnysunshine: 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
Good day all,i have just submitted my student [573svp] visa application last week 20th November to be precise and got acknowledgement the same day....but i haven't received any information with regards to the progress of my visa application as of today..please how long does it take before a co/vo will be assigned to my application and subsequently make a contact with me?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
jennykadry:
I don't think you people get it. For those whose relatives have been denied visas due to insufficient funds, I am guessing you will understand my point here. Early January I got a call from a friend of mine who asked if her and her husband could stay by my place when her sister arrived OZ. Fast forward to 2nd week of February I got another call from them telling me that the sister who was supposed to come in for her Diploma in Nursing was denied a visa for financial reasons. She had enough funds to last her a year as per immigration rules but their case officer in SA wanted proof to know she won't be stuck after the one year. All they wanted was an account with enough money going inside every or every other month just to be sure that she wouldn't be stuck in Australia looking for someone to pay the fees for the last semester (The diploma is an 18 month program). The money could be in Kafanchan for all they care, they don't wanno see physical cash or an excessively lump sum but some source of income or money flow into an account to cover for her entire stay in the Australia. She queried them on their decision as per the 12 months proof they asked her for as shown on their website and they told her they reserved the right to probe further into every applicant's financial status and referred her to that quote of mine from the immigration site which many people choose to ignore but focus their eyes on the 12 months proof.

When my sister inlaw came into this country, the 18 months rule was still in place. She came in for a 3 year course and all they asked for first off was proof that we could provide for her financially for the first 18 months. After they verified that, they wanted to know how she planned on sustaining herself for the remaining 18 months. Then they asked for more payslips....the reason why they wanted more proof was just to see that there was enough money going into the sponsor's account every month or fortnight as we get paid here. They don't need to see Bleep.. dollars in your account but just enough to show that you get paid enough to support this person after the 12 months is over.

This brings me back to Mrnilobrawn. I asked him if he had a sponsor, he is sponsoring himself. No sponsor, no help no nothing. Do you think a smart case officer even with the 12 month proof wouldn't want to know how he plans on sustaining himself after the 12 months is over? that is why people need sponsors, someone they can use as cover ups.No sponsor's bank statements(even if that person does not even plan on helping you financially) atleast it reassures them that this person isn't going to constitute a nuisance in their country or get stuck.

Present them with the 12 month proof of financial independence and they will present you with my quote.

hello ma,
My wife want to come to Adelaide Uni to study and she will be coming along with our kids. I just want to know if tution is free for kids in public schools in that area.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
malmo:

hello ma,
My wife want to come to Adelaide Uni to study and she will be coming along with our kids. I just want to know if tution is free for kids in public schools in that area.
Thanks

Nope. Tuitiom fee is not free for students or working visa. It is only free for PR or PHd students
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
sunnysunshine:
Good day all,i have just submitted my student [573svp] visa application last week 20th November to be precise and got acknowledgement the same day....but i haven't received any information with regards to the progress of my visa application as of today..please how long does it take before a co/vo will be assigned to my application and subsequently make a contact with me?
Have u done medical? Is not late yet

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Okay then!...fingers crossed, hope for the best!
bosslady, At least you don talk ya own.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
cheedyH:
God has done great thing for Me. Just got positive assessment from VETASSES. Am so happy!! Thank God for me my people. Am going for SA state nomination. Anybody knows how long nomination takes.

CheedyH. No vex pls. Ive been offline. The SA nomination takes approx 2 weeks. They dont ask you much on their portal.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
sunnysunshine:

They don't usually contact applicants unless they need more documentation - In my own case, I didn't receive any acknowledgement email but I was confident that they had received my application. So just dey pray make dem no contact you until 10 working days with your visa notification (I assumed you've completed your meds pre-submission). Good luck, eat well and sleep well grin

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Congrats! Which uni? BSc or MSc?

Get in touch with bjayzeez, as he just got nominated by SA...guessing it took about 3 weeks or so.

Have you done IELTS? Quickly submit your SA application, as SA occupation status changes frequently.

Yeah the status changes frequently. from low to medium to high availabilty. check and make sure its in medium to high when you put in. They will ask for a brief statement why you chose SA.

I wrote stuff on its vibrance for my field n career opportunity for me, while contributing to the field through my experience.... the lifestyle, beaches, education for your kids.

Note that the characters is not much. about 500 including spaces

They would ask for finances... I think its about 20k dollars in asset and cash. They wont ask for proof. Info is on their website CheedyH

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.