Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,528 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754320 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2015
ferdimako:

Great. Diploma in Computer Science for two yrs, B.Sc in Computer Science for 4yrs and M.Sc in Info Tech for one yr. Project completion is pending (Nigerian factor). I have been begging...done all I can..no way. I could have got d testimonial and proceed. I have paid for its transcript.

When I tested the waters in 2008, I naively used my diploma only and its equivalent was their certificate IV.

Diploma started 2004 and ended 2006. B.Sc started 2009 and finished 2013. M.Sc started January 2014...done all d coursework exams.

I started job in 2002...I'm claiming suitability from 2007 to 2013 duties. I worked with one company throughout.

Stopped job Dec 2013.

ACS has minor and major ICT contents yardstick. When you have major, esp from ur transcripts..u get to have say two yrs of relevant work experience ...with minor u need to show more work years of relevant exp..none related ICT qualifications... most relevant work experience and years.
Mainly, ACS may not award migration points or/& DIBP allot points to work experience got if it is from post-qualifications. There is another clause...that says job history of four years within d last ten years. I wrote to ACS...they said DIBP will interprete and award as they don't do so.

My concern is largely on compatibility (academic qualifications) as I'm almost sure of suitability (work experiences and years).

Thanks for helping. Once I'm sure what I have will sail, I will lodge.

Your best shot is using Bsc only with

Option 1:
4 yrs work exp., completed within 2005 and 2009 before ur degree started. Dont bother with d Msc. No work exp. points claimed here.

Forget d diploma. DIBP only reckons with an Australian diploma, except ACS says otherwise; of which that is very slim. They are all one way traffic. Moreover ACS already gave u a -ve for d diploma.

Option 2:
But if u wanna claim work exp. points for dibp, u will wait till 2017, if ure currently working in a related job role and started in 2014. This is still without Msc. So that is 4 yrs work exp. + degree + 3yrs skilled work exp.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello all,

I have been a silent albeit faithful and conscientious follower of this thread. To God be the glory we got our visa grant (189) this morning.

To all especially Boss lady . Thank you . Your info are always on point.

Ferdimako, Please you will only be able to claim for point for b.sc after your graduation. Work experience prior to b.sc not acceptable.
I Know and I am very sure of this cos we fell foul of this as our agent was not experienced. We had to reapply and pay all over.

God bless you all and God bless Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
Please house, I studied Applied Biology and Biotechnology, graduated 2011. I'm trying to get assessed by the appropriate body to see if I could apply for visa 190 or 489 but I'm having difficulties locating the appropriate assessing body for my profession. Pls someone should come to my aid. @All, @ferdimako
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oknee: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
ogompaul:
Please house, I studied Applied Biology and Biotechnology, graduated 2011. I'm trying to get assessed by the appropriate body to see if I could apply for visa 190 or 489 but I'm having difficulties locating the appropriate assessing body for my profession. Pls someone should come to my aid. @All, @ferdimako

Biotechnology is assessed by vetassess. Use anzscosearch.com for further enquires.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
oknee:

Biotechnology is assessed by vetassess. Use anzscosearch.com for further enquires.
Thanks a lot. God bless. please don't be angry o! Which of the option is the best? 1. Skills Assessment (GSM, ENS,
RSMS, 457, 485)
OR
2. Points Test
please kindly guide me. **still a toddler** Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
izykvision0:

Your best shot is using Bsc only with

Option 1:
4 yrs work exp., completed within 2005 and 2009 before ur degree started. Dont bother with d Msc. No work exp. points claimed here.

Forget d diploma. DIBP only reckons with an Australian diploma, except ACS says otherwise; of which that is very slim. They are all one way traffic. Moreover ACS already gave u a -ve for d diploma.

Option 2:
But if u wanna claim work exp. points for dibp, u will wait till 2017, if ure currently working in a related job role and started in 2014. This is still without Msc. So that is 4 yrs work exp. + degree + 3yrs skilled work exp.
Thanks. Option2 is completely out of the question. On no situation am I claiming any points from work experience. All I wanna know is if using B.Sc only will get me comparability as I know my work years and experiences should get me suitability. So if waiting to add M.Sc will be adding extra to surplus (I'm afraid because the degree is from Nigeria)... I'm good to go.

Lost points got from English test. I await ur last input on this plssss.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Hello all,

I have been a silent albeit faithful and conscientious follower of this thread. To God be the glory we got our visa grant (189) this morning.

Ferdimako, Please you will only be able to claim for point for b.sc after your graduation. Work experience prior to b.sc not acceptable.
I Know and I am very sure of this cos we fell foul of this as our agent was not experienced. We had to reapply and pay all over.

Thanks. Not acceptable or no points given? I never had any work experience outside schooling. I had to work to keep myself studying...I had it rough. All I'm interested in is getting suitability and comparability and not migration points. I make up the lost points from english test. Chip in some more pls!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
ogompaul:
Just be busy...u don't learn all or get to all in a day. If u see and read my lengthy comments u know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
@Ferdimako

no point given I mean. For any qualification on which your assessment is based, u only get points for work experience post qualification.

If that's the case maybe you should access with your M.sc then.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
ferdimako:

Just be busy...u don't learn all or get to all in a day. If u see and read my lengthy comments u know what I'm saying.
Ook Bro, I'm on it tho I've fixed dat wif d help of Oknee. I'm now asking d best option to go for.
1. Skills Assessment (GSM, ENS,
RSMS, 457, 485)
OR
2. Points Test assessment
Thanks.
NB: I've been following d thread for some time now, I only ask where I get confused. so big bro, be patient with me **growing now**
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ayaboyo:
@Ferdimako

no point given I mean. For any qualification on which your assessment is based, u only get points for work experience post qualification.

If that's the case maybe you should access with your M.sc then.
Yea..u got me now. So sad u said I include M.Sc that isn't finished. I don't wanna keep waiting while Nigerian system sucks me to death. Do u think my B.Sc can stand for me?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
ogompaul:
Ook Bro, I'm on it tho I've fixed dat wif d help of Oknee. I'm now asking d best option to go for.
1. Skills Assessment (GSM, ENS,
RSMS, 457, 485)
OR
2. Points Test assessment
Thanks.
No clue...I'm IT inclined only. U can locate other forums on those.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
ferdimako:

Thanks. Option2 is completely out of the question. On no situation am I claiming any points from work experience. All I wanna know is if using B.Sc only will get me comparability as I know my work years and experiences should get me suitability. So if waiting to add M.Sc will be adding extra to surplus (I'm afraid because the degree is from Nigeria)... I'm good to go.

Lost points got from English test. I await ur last input on this plssss.

Cool all lost points regained in English test.
Was ur degree in a Federal Uni? If yes, you are good to go now on just your B.Sc, but if its from a state University according to VETASSES dnt know bout ACS, you may have to wait to finish your M.Sc. It will then be your B.Sc plus M.Sc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
izykvision0:

Cool all lost points regained in English test.
Was ur degree in a Federal Uni? If yes, you are good to go now on just your B.Sc, but if its from a state University according to VETASSES dnt know bout ACS, you may have to wait to finish your M.Sc. It will then be your B.Sc plus M.Sc
It is a federal university....National Open University of Nigeria. Now, I may be getting to somewhere.

Thanks so much.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by scrollmeout(m): 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

Can you please advise on the PTE Academic Exam? How easy is it to score at least 65 in Speaking or Writing? Is it better than IELTS? Please share your experience. Ferdimako, How did your exam go?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
scrollmeout:
Hello everyone,

Can you please advise on the PTE Academic Exam? How easy is it to score at least 65 in Speaking or Writing? Is it better than IELTS? Please share your experience. Ferdimako, How did your exam go?
I doubt if anyone has writen that exam here, why not write IELTS or TOEFL
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
scrollmeout:
Hello everyone,

I got 77 from writing. I learnt my lesson on the speaking. I think IELTS speaking is better. All in all, tell yourself this: at worst I do both.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by proftaiwo: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Hello all,

Congratulations brother! !! Did you get accessed via A CS? If yes pls do you know if they accept PTE .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
proftaiwo:

Congratulations brother! !! Did you get accessed via A CS? If yes pls do you know if they accept PTE .
DIBP accepts all including PTE Academic (it must be Academic oh)....ACS does not need any English test for any skill assessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by proftaiwo: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks Ferdi; I also just read through ACS now. I would be logging my app asap on Software Engineer path .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
proftaiwo:
Thanks Ferdi; I also just read through ACS now. I would be logging my app asap on Software Engineer path .
My B.Sc transcript just rolled in, courts on strike. Where does one certify copies of documents now?

Make sure u certify all ACS requires.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by scrollmeout(m): 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
ferdimako:

I got 77 from writing. I learnt my lesson on the speaking. I think IELTS speaking is better. All in all, tell yourself this: at worst I do both.

mrnilobrawn:

I doubt if anyone has writen that exam here, why not write IELTS or TOEFL
[quote author=ferdimako post=31109523]

I wrote IELTS last year for something else last year but only rewrote it for Skillselect because I needed more points. Alas! my new score is even lower than the former.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
scrollmeout:
Hello everyone,

Honestly I can't say it is easier, I'd rather say it is tactical. If you're not conversant with computers and versed with the keyboard I'd advise you go for IELTS.

BUT if you're familiar with the keyboard and computers generally then PTE would appear to you like a computer game lol #fact. Each section is time based and if you spend too much time on a section, the computer automatically submits whatever you've done and navigate to the next section. Unlike IELTS, you don't have to communicate with an instructor you speak to the mic and listen with the headphone. As soon as your time is up, the session automatically closes and the computer wishes you good luck.

Good luck with whichever you decide to go for.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by doyinofficial(m): 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
Otunba4eva:

I think the route is same criteria for PR , but if u go through advance diploma it will make u to be under SVPs, but for other u will be in AL3. Advance diploma is a bit easier.,
. Sir, can I talk to you in private your email or your personal phone number. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
symbian03:

Honestly I can't say it is easier, I'd rather say it is tactical. If you're not conversant with computers and versed with the keyboard I'd advise you go for IELTS.

BUT if you're familiar with the keyboard and computers generally then PTE would appear to you like a computer game lol #fact. Each section is time based and if you spend too much time on a section, the computer automatically submits whatever you've done and navigate to the next section. Unlike IELTS, you don't have to communicate with an instructor you speak to the mic and listen with the headphone. As soon as your time is up, the session automatically closes and the computer wishes you good luck.

Good luck with whichever you decide to go for.
Yeah.. again pte demands u know certain things like in the short answer section...u could be asked to say the full meaning of ASAP, what mineral makes fresh water different from sea water, which element has AU as its...show u an event and ask what ceremony.

I don't think they consider all the intonation and accents of different takers. You just have to practice and be active throughout the test.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
ferdimako:

Yeah.. again pte demands u know certain things like in the short answer section...u could be asked to say the full meaning of ASAP, what mineral makes fresh water different from sea water, which element has AU as its...show u an event and ask what ceremony.

I don't think they consider all the intonation and accents of different takers. You just have to practice and be active throughout the test.

Hahah that was funny bro. You wouldn't be asked any strange questions but during the listening test, be ready to analyze images, diagram, charts etc..

You're definitely right about being active through out the test. Even your brain won't dare sleep.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 12:53am On Feb 27, 2015
symbian03:

Hahah that was funny bro. You wouldn't be asked any strange questions but during the listening test, be ready to analyze images, diagram, charts etc..

You're definitely right about being active through out the test. Even your brain won't dare sleep.
I gues PTE is same with TOEFL
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 1:35am On Feb 27, 2015
RedReact:
@Wahabcoal,
I can spot you. What's happening? We've not seen you for long. Give us some news, I mean good news.
Sup bro, had to quote your 2013 post cos i finally lodged and got it yesterday afternoon.
Despite many hurdles along the way, God finally put a smile on my face, so, i'll be among those to be congratulated after posting this?
I'm glad its finally happening. I appreciate many many people in-house, since 2012 i asked the first TAfe related question, even those that recently joined us many info's were gained. I finally got my 572 SVP(Advanced diploma) VISA Grant.
Took 9 working days cos i front-loaded medicals late last year December.
I encourage graduates scared of applying with their degree, please do, particularly if you are interested in 189 or 190 subclass.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 27, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Hello all,

All you silent readers!!! God is watching y'all lol.

Congrats bro!

How long did it take? When did you lodge?

UbKtech ...and all those in Aus for long....abeg....when employer say dem go do police checks....we wey no get police history for Aus nko? Hope it doesn't matter if tou have not been here for long?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 27, 2015
ogompaul:

What do you have work experience in and how long?

Lets start with that.

190 is straight up PR.

489 is PROVISIONAL PR...like the type Spouses get. You have to stay for 2 yrs in a regional area, and work for 1 year in a regional area to qualify for the 887 visa.

To get the 887 visa, all you do is submit your lease agreement showing you stayed in a regional area, utility bills, employment contract, payslips, etc, and in 3 - 6 weeks you get your 887 which entitles you to live anywhere in Australia like a 189...no more state agreement.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 5:58am On Feb 27, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

I gues PTE is same with TOEFL

Noo they are two different tests. You think they are similar?

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.