Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754502 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nues1769: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2015
wahabcoal:

Sup bro, had to quote your 2013 post cos i finally lodged and got it yesterday afternoon.
Despite many hurdles along the way, God finally put a smile on my face, so, i'll be among those to be congratulated after posting this?
I'm glad its finally happening. I appreciate many many people in-house, since 2012 i asked the first TAfe related question, even those that recently joined us many info's were gained. I finally got my 572 SVP(Advanced diploma) VISA Grant.
Took 9 working days cos i front-loaded medicals late last year December.
I encourage graduates scared of applying with their degree, please do, particularly if you are interested in 189 or 190 subclass.

please which school did you applied to and how much is in the bank statement you submitted to the school.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

What do you have work experience in and how long?

Lets start with that.

190 is straight up PR.

489 is PROVISIONAL PR...like the type Spouses get. You have to stay for 2 yrs in a regional area, and work for 1 year in a regional area to qualify for the 887 visa.

To get the 887 visa, all you do is submit your lease agreement showing you stayed in a regional area, utility bills, employment contract, payslips, etc, and in 3 - 6 weeks you get your 887 which entitles you to live anywhere in Australia like a 189...no more state agreement.
1. Internship/IT in medical laboratory for six months.
2. In ICT firm for 13months.
3. In Uniuyo Teaching hospital (Med. microbiology nd parasitology dept) for 12 months (NYSC)
4. Teaching (during studies nd after studies)
5. Interviewer with a research firm for 4 months.
6. Presently, I manage a business centre of my own
Thanks Bro nd how abt my experience? is anything to write home about?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 8:08am On Feb 27, 2015
ogompaul:
Ook Bro, I'm on it tho I've fixed dat wif d help of Oknee. I'm now asking d best option to go for.
1. Skills Assessment (GSM, ENS,
RSMS, 457, 485)
OR
2. Points Test assessment
Thanks.
NB: I've been following d thread for some time now, I only ask where I get confused. so big bro, be patient with me **growing now**
Someone should please answer this my question, abeg. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 8:15am On Feb 27, 2015
Chaii!!!!, this vetassess assessment charge z expensive ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! cheeiii!!!!! There's God o!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 9:27am On Feb 27, 2015
Boss Lady mo. I be woman oo. na my hubby be principal applicant. Omo I hope this IOM no go delay they are saying processing of fare fee is 3 weeks.

We actually started in 2013, Agent made a mistake calculating years of work experience, so that was money down the drain. We started again in Sept,2014. Submitted application on 15 Nov,2015, but did not frontload PCC and Medical.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2015
symbian03:

Hahah that was funny bro. You wouldn't be asked any strange questions but during the listening test, be ready to analyze images, diagram, charts etc..

You're definitely right about being active through out the test. Even your brain won't dare sleep.
but I saw a microscope and they asked the name of the computer we carry around.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 10:38am On Feb 27, 2015
Go to a supermarket and buy a pack of Ziploc freezer nylons. That's what we use when we travel. You can use paper tape to write the labels.

Don't forget to declare on your landing card that you have food items.

Bibol:
Hello house, for those that have gone ahead, pls I need advice on how I should properly package and seal the soup ingredients going to OZ. I don't have a sealing machine and I once read in this thread how someone labelled and even put botanical names grin Can i just tie the transparent polythene bags or must I seal? I'm packaging dried ogbono and melon.Can i package dried pepper too?

Cc BossladyMo alukojosh surveyor1
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Boss Lady mo. I be woman oo. na my hubby be principal applicant. Omo I hope this IOM no go delay they are saying processing of fare fee is 3 weeks.

We actually started in 2013, Agent made a mistake calculating years of work experience, so that was money down the drain. We started again in Sept,2014. Submitted application on 15 Nov,2015, but did not frontload PCC and Medical.

Sorry O!!! Just read your username well now.

IOM wont take as much as 3 weeks...that is just the time frame.

Which silly agent was that? Years of experience calculation is a very tricky one, especially for ICT/ACS-ASSESSED occupations. Hope he refunded your money, or at least paid some of it? If he is MARA registered, you can report him. Naija or Aussie agent?

Well, all is well that ends well.

Which occupation?

You people shouldcome to Townsville na! Lol.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
ogompaul:
1. Internship/IT in medical laboratory for six months.
2. In ICT firm for 13months.
3. In Uniuyo Teaching hospital (Med. microbiology nd parasitology dept) for 12 months (NYSC)
4. Teaching (during studies nd after studies)
5. Interviewer with a research firm for 4 months.
6. Presently, I manage a business centre of my own
Thanks Bro nd how abt my experience? is anything to write home about?

Interviewer. Do you mean in HR capacity or as a professional med lab scientist interviewing a new recruit?

Check your assessing body's website to check if the NYSC experience qualifies.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
ogompaul:
Someone should please answer this my question, abeg. Thanks.

Skill assessment for GSM is what you are to go for.

Points test advice/assessment is only needed if you are claiming work experience points and are confused on the actual amount of skilled work years you have and to also know if your job duties qualify.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=bossladyMo post=31134290]
Sorry O!!! Just read your username well now.
IOM wont take as much as 3 weeks...that is just the time frame.
Which silly agent was that? Years of experience calculation is a very tricky one, especially for ICT/ACS-ASSESSED occupations. Hope he refunded your money, or at least paid some of it? If he is MARA registered, you can report him. Naija or Aussie agent?
Well, all is well that ends well.
Which occupation?
You people shouldcome to Townsville na! Lol.

Bosslady,
Ok. Gomatilda oo, they are aussie and uk based. Not ACS, its EA. They did not refund oo, They just filed this application FOC.Visa fee of 1m just went Kaput. Sue I no get dem time even though abi Lawyer. Tempted as per Townsville but looking like Melbourne @ the moment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
7 days in stralia and counting. For student touching down u have to first get ur tax file number if u need a job bad bad. I have applied for mine already on the first day. Buy Lycamobile (19 dolls prr month all calls and text to oz) if u no too dey call niaja. If ur the home sick type u should buy lebera as its 3cents to call Naija per minute. As for house please avoid agent because Na better wahala dem be. Look for landlord. They r more reasonable. Depending on where u stay motto na neccesity. If ur in Queensland Brisbane. for a guy focus on factory jab/general labourer. At least I don c like 5 Naija boys dey pay school fees. ( disclaimer "all na based according to wetin dem talk") survival on d hussle is possible.

Met a friendly Indian guy today. My friends neighbour. Drove his car to go grab a pizza. He works as a manager for aged care facility. He said age care is selling madly in Queensland. So as a part time job I cud earn 20 to 25 dolls per hour with regular shifts. Also met a a Gambian guy who just graduated from QUT. He does security part time and earns 30dolls/hr.

My prognosis so far so good> coming to oz is not a bad idea. With proper networking and hussle u go make am. In all things just make sure u are a good ambassador so that market no go spoil for impending new comers.

As a Nairaland ambassador to Australia Na only the truth and nothing but the truth I go yarn. Husssle fit pay. If u get wife or babe wey u wan marry package her come. Ur combined income can top 60k USD before tax per year depending where u get job. Yeah one more thing masters in gradschool isnt as diifficult or stressful as yankee or canada. Oz Na the way forward.

18 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stepo707: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
malkinburg:
7 days in stralia and counting. For student touching down u have to first get ur tax file number if u need a job bad bad. I have applied for mine already on the first day. Buy Lycamobile (19 dolls prr month all calls and text to oz) if u no too dey call niaja. If ur the home sick type u should buy lebera as its 3cents to call Naija per minute. As for house please avoid agent because Na better wahala dem be. Look for landlord. They r more reasonable. Depending on where u stay motto na neccesity. If ur in Queensland Brisbane. for a guy focus on factory jab/general labourer. At least I don c like 5 Naija boys dey pay school fees. ( disclaimer "all na based according to wetin dem talk"wink survival on d hussle is possible.

Met a friendly Indian guy today. My friends neighbour. Drove his car to pick up a pizza. He works as a manager for aged care facility. He said age care is selling madly in Queensland. So as a part time job I cud earn 20 to 25 dolls per hour with regular shifts. Also met a a Gambian guy who just graduated from QUT. He does security part time and earns 30dolls/hr.

My prognosis so far so good> coming to oz is not a bad idea. With proper networking and hussle u go make am. In all things just make sure u are a good ambassador so that market no go spoil for impending new comers.

As a Nairaland ambassador to Australia Na only the truth and nothing but the truth I go yarn. Husssle fit pay. If u get wife or babe wey u wan marry package her come. Ur combined income can top 60k USD before tax per year depending where u get job. Yeah one more thing masters in mg school isnt as diifficult or stressful as yankee or canada. Oz Na the way forward.

Is it possible to get a full scholarship for masters in australia? How possible is it to get work permit once you land?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=Ayaboyo post=31136917][/quote]
1M? And u were coming here? Chai one million plus agent money. So u reversed ur EA assessment and paid DIBP another cash?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
malkinburg:
7 days in stralia and counting. For student touching down u have to first get ur tax file number if u need a job bad bad. I have applied for mine already on the first day. Buy Lycamobile (19 dolls prr month all calls and text to oz) if u no too dey call niaja. If ur the home sick type u should buy lebera as its 3cents to call Naija per minute. As for house please avoid agent because Na better wahala dem be. Look for landlord. They r more reasonable. Depending on where u stay motto na neccesity. If ur in Queensland Brisbane. for a guy focus on factory jab/general labourer. At least I don c like 5 Naija boys dey pay school fees. ( disclaimer "all na based according to wetin dem talk"wink survival on d hussle is possible.

Met a friendly Indian guy today. My friends neighbour. Drove his car to go grab a pizza. He works as a manager for aged care facility. He said age care is selling madly in Queensland. So as a part time job I cud earn 20 to 25 dolls per hour with regular shifts. Also met a a Gambian guy who just graduated from QUT. He does security part time and earns 30dolls/hr.

As a Nairaland ambassador to Australia Na only the truth and nothing but the truth I go yarn. Husssle fit pay. If u get wife or babe wey u wan marry package her come. Ur combined income can top 60k USD before tax per year depending where u get job. Yeah one more thing masters in gradschool isnt as diifficult or stressful as yankee or canada. Oz Na the way forward.
Great and I love that babe gist oh.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
malkinburg:

thanks for coming out clean. we go soon join una. make I do my final year finish. may God bless me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ugonology(m): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
malkinburg, bossladymo, and other esteemed personalities on this thread...pls i need some direction on this. Is it possible in anyway to get positive acessment without any work experience? I ask this because am a fresh graduate, and cant wait until 3years when i would have gotten those years of experience to apply.....what if i perform excellently in IETLS, my age is below 25, plus my uni degree in geology...what are my chances for a positive acessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

Interviewer. Do you mean in HR capacity or as a professional med lab scientist interviewing a new recruit?

Check your assessing body's website to check if the NYSC experience qualifies.
Research Interviewer. Like i go to the field to ask people (respondents) questions with already prepared questionnaire (of 67 pages (lasting like 5hours to complete one)) and record their responses accordingly and individually. thats it bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
Please o! for someone that studied my course (which is Applied Biology and Biotechnology), Which occupation would he select, Biotechnologist, Life sciences (general) or (nec)?
Please i need urgent reply so i can continue with my application for GSM, thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by doyinofficial(m): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Otunba4eva:

@ doyinofficial. Send ur email here i will forward my number privately to you for your questions.
. Adedoyinadesuyan@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by doyinofficial(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Hello all,

I have been a silent albeit faithful and conscientious follower of this thread. To God be the glory we got our visa grant (189) this morning.

To all especially Boss lady . Thank you . Your info are always on point.

Ferdimako, Please you will only be able to claim for point for b.sc after your graduation. Work experience prior to b.sc not acceptable.
I Know and I am very sure of this cos we fell foul of this as our agent was not experienced. We had to reapply and pay all over.

God bless you all and God bless Nairaland. Can I get any form of your contact sir.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 1:49am On Feb 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

All you silent readers!!! God is watching y'all lol.

Congrats bro!

How long did it take? When did you lodge?

UbKtech ...and all those in Aus for long....abeg....when employer say dem go do police checks....we wey no get police history for Aus nko? Hope it doesn't matter if tou have not been here for long?

Too easy mate. Regardless of the length of stay you can apply and get police clearance certificate. However, prospective employers can also do it for you if they really want to employ you but some use it as a ruse to decline you the job (even Without getting the said clearance from police) just say it's a new way of saying unfortunately we cannot offer you the job at the moment. My advice, if you want to get a job that requires police clearance, get it done yourself and take the certificate to prospective employers.

Best Regards
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 28, 2015
malkinburg:

TFN is not compulsory but necessary. you can start working while waiting for it to be processed. Migrants are given 28days after starting a job to produce TFN.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by xtianelvis: 6:53am On Feb 28, 2015
Hello fellow nairalander.I need advise from any one with experience I wish to move to Australia to work I have first degree and a virgin passport, an agant said it will be difficult to get me VISA from nigeria. He said I should go to Papua New Guinea to get Australian VISA. Papua New Guinea is located north of Australia,my question is has any one gone to Australia through that means? What is the chance of getting Australian Visa fron the country?how much does it cost to get the Visa in papua new guinea..please help out
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 28, 2015
cherries1:

TFN is not compulsory but necessary. you can start working while waiting for it to be processed. Migrants are given 28days after starting a job to produce TFN.

You will be taxed the highest rate of 45% or so, if you have no TFN.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 28, 2015
Nwokenna:

Too easy mate. Regardless of the lent of stay you can apply and get police clearance certificate. However, prospective employers can also do it for you if they really want to employ you but some use it as a ruse to decline you the job (even Without getting the said clearance from police) just say it's a new way of saying unfortunately we cannot offer you the job at the moment. My advice, if you want to get a job that requires police clearance, get it done yourself and take the certificate to prospective employers.

Best Regards

Hmmm.............

Thanks!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Truth234(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2015
xtianelvis:
Hello fellow nairalander.I need advise from any one with experience I wish to move to Australia to work I have first degree and a virgin passport, an agant said it will be difficult to get me VISA from nigeria. He said I should go to Papua New Guinea to get Australian VISA. Papua New Guinea is located north of Australia,my question is has any one gone to Australia through that means? What is the chance of getting Australian Visa fron the country?how much does it cost to get the Visa in papua new guinea..please help out

Bros I just wan help you, no ever try Papua New Guinea ever. Papua New Guinea is not a country on its own, it is currently part of Indonesia and extremely poor, they themselves crave Australian visa. They are fighting for their freedom and presently Benny Wenda is in South Africa campaigning for global support. Unless you are freedom fighter, no try am.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 28, 2015
wahabcoal:

Sup bro, had to quote your 2013 post cos i finally lodged and got it yesterday afternoon.
Despite many hurdles along the way, God finally put a smile on my face, so, i'll be among those to be congratulated after posting this?
I'm glad its finally happening. I appreciate many many people in-house, since 2012 i asked the first TAfe related question, even those that recently joined us many info's were gained. I finally got my 572 SVP(Advanced diploma) VISA Grant.
Took 9 working days cos i front-loaded medicals late last year December.
I encourage graduates scared of applying with their degree, please do, particularly if you are interested in 189 or 190 subclass.

Bros...congratulations! Pls what do u think of a geology graduate who wants to use any of TAFE, Diploma or Advanced diploma to get in? I talked him out of Ms because he has 1.9M as the sole aims are to hustle and get PRed..what's the need anyway?

I adviced him to get a close relation sponsor and he depends on me for all to materialise and I will try for him.

I will research for him..but do chip in more on this pls. You know..straight from the horse's mouth! Congrats once again!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by babbs45: 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
xtianelvis:

Agents with their stories, Papua New Guinea ke, place wey OZ dey ship would be asylum seekers to, not to talk about the deplorable state they live in. Please don't try it. Process everything from naija. Don't worry about the virgin passport, just package your application very well.
All the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
malkinburg:

rili luv dese words if enco... wishin u da best bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jislord94: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hello house,
I just a need a bit of advise from anyone who currently reside in Australia.
I currently Reside in South Africa and i wish to relocate to either Australia or Canada with my Family.
By God's grace i have someone that can get me an Australian working visa or a Canada Visiting Visa.
but now my question is will i be able to renew the Australia working visa when it expires
also which will you guys advise Living in Canada or Australia in all areas.I.e cost of living,paper work,accomodation.etc.
your input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
babajava:
Hello house, I'm trying 2 apply 4 a 489 visa. My question goes thus: 1.is ielts compulsory(I have a bsc computer sci), 2.can I put in an EOI 4 me & my spouse? 3. I need d basics dat will get me nominated. Thanks

P.S my spouse has a bsc computer sci as well
You met her in the class?grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.