Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754226 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 11:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Preciousstones:

wetin happun? Abi I don march person tail again
Lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 01, 2015
bossladyMo:

You will be taxed the highest rate of 45% or so, if you have no TFN.

I know that without TFN, tax rate will be very high(that's if the income is taxable) and benefits from government might not be received. But, according to ATO, it is not compulsory. That's the impression I want to correct.
Anyway, how are u and ur family adjusting to the food? Na rice and stew, noodles, irish potatoes, oat, bread and tea, chicken pie(homemade) I dey ooo. lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 01, 2015
cherries1:

I know that without TFN, tax rate will be very high(that's if the income is taxable) and benefits from government might not be received. But, according to ATO, it is not compulsory. That's the impression I want to correct.
Anyway, how are u and ur family adjusting to the food? Na rice and stew, noodles, irish potatoes, oat, bread and tea, chicken pie(homemade) I dey ooo. lol

This week was even better sef....we did Chinese majorly, and the ingredients are readily found around here. I found cod fish (Panla) sef.....already smoked, but by the time I seasoned and fried it, add am to shrimp fried rice, d tin make sense die! Lol. Someone from within is sending me some egusi and elubo soon....added to the panla I just discovered and offals/goat meat from the butcher.....with beta Amala to fele!....chai I can't wait.

Just so everybody knows, their 'Indomie' here is not the same as back in Naija. The seasoning here is kinda different, and e no dey reach #Mschewww. Don't try Maggi Chicken Noodles o, you will hate yourself. So tasteless! I threw out the entire batch I made less than 1min after I made it. If you can bring ground pepper or fry egg, then mix with the indomie, you will enjoy it that way.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:45am On Mar 01, 2015
ugonology:
malkinburg, bossladymo, and other esteemed personalities on this thread...pls i need some direction on this. Is it possible in anyway to get positive acessment without any work experience? I ask this because am a fresh graduate, and cant wait until 3years when i would have gotten those years of experience to apply.....what if i perform excellently in IETLS, my age is below 25, plus my uni degree in geology...what are my chances for a positive acessment.

'Esteemed Personalities' lol

You nees at least one year work experience to qualigy for skill assessment

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 6:10am On Mar 01, 2015
bossladyMo:

This week was even better sef....we did Chinese majorly, and the ingredients are readily found around here. I found cod fish (Panla) sef.....already smoked, but by the time I seasoned and fried it, add am to shrimp fried rice, d tin make sense die! Lol. Someone from within is sending me some egusi and elubo soon....added to the panla I just discovered and offals/goat meat from the butcher.....with beta Amala to fele!....chai I can't wait.

Just so everybody knows, their 'Indomie' here is not the same as back in Naija. The seasoning here is kinda different, and e no dey reach #Mschewww. Don't try Maggi Chicken Noodles o, you will hate yourself. So tasteless! I threw out the entire batch I made less than 1min after I made it. If you can bring ground pepper or fry egg, then mix with the indomie, you will enjoy it that way.
Go to garden city, near coles(ground floor) you will see an Asian store that sells Mi goreng Indomie Noodles... a carton is $15... cheaper compared to buying the 5 in one pack from coles, woolworths and the rest...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 01, 2015
bossladyMo:

Are sea foods cheap in Townsville? a kg of shrimps here is over 10AUD. I asked someone to get cow's liver for me but he said he has never heard about it and when he asked the butchers abt it, they look at him in a strange way- they don't sell such. I bought indomie noodles -"mi goreng, hot and spicy" and it's very nice but; I got "awoof" homebrand noodles(beef flavour) and I didn't really like it. On arrival, I prepared chicken stew but the 2 different "awoof" rice I have been cooking are rubbish. I used both rice cooker and heating method still it comes out very bad.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 01, 2015
iriferi:
Go to garden city, near coles(ground floor) you will see an Asian store that sells Mi goreng Indomie Noodles... a carton is $15... cheaper compared to buying the 5 in one pack from coles, woolworths and the rest...

how many are in a carton? I eat noodles once in a week but will check for it here; maybe buy and share with someone.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2015
cherries1:

how many are in a carton? I eat noodles once in a week but will check for it here; maybe buy and share with someone.
40 I guess... 5 in a pack. 8 packs in a carton
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 01, 2015
iriferi:
40 I guess... 5 in a pack. 8 packs in a carton

alright, thanks for sharing. buying things in bulk sure helps. I bought 1kg brushed potatoes for 2.98dollars but I later saw 4kg homebrand for 5.98 and I just had to grab it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
cherries1:

Are sea foods cheap in Townsville? a kg of shrimps here is over 10AUD. I asked someone to get cow's liver for me but he said he has never heard about it and when he asked the butchers abt it, they look at him in a strange way- they don't sell such. I bought indomie noodles -"mi goreng, hot and spicy" and it's very nice but; I got "awoof" homebrand noodles(beef flavour) and I didn't really like it. On arrival, I prepared chicken stew but the 2 different "awoof" rice I have been cooking are rubbish. I used both rice cooker and heating method still it comes out very bad.

Home brand na d way ooo...at least for now lol.

I bought a kg of uncooked king prawns for about $6 or so. That mi goreng is not like Naija indomie jor! I have Coles' long grain rice, and its not bad once you fint overcook it. You can buy brand products like Uncle Ben's or the basmati/jasmine rice. Which rice do you buy?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
iriferi:

Oh really? There is one Asian store close to me here...will check it out
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Equilibrum please I wanted to find out which is better staying on campus or off campus.I have asked people most do say staying off campus is better for postgraduate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
ferdimako:

Bros...congratulations! Pls what do u think of a geology graduate who wants to use any of TAFE, Diploma or Advanced diploma to get in? I talked him out of Ms because he has 1.9M as the sole aims are to hustle and get PRed..what's the need anyway?

I adviced him to get a close relation sponsor and he depends on me for all to materialise and I will try for him.

I will research for him..but do chip in more on this pls. You know..straight from the horse's mouth! Congrats once again!
Thanks ferdie for congratulating me, you are the first veteran here to do so even when many skipped my testimony to comment on others post, im not complaining though, just wondered why. I deliberately didn't mention names i should thank, cos i gained from even the 'newbies' here, i simply generalized it.

As regards your guy, i feel that's the best option for someone with target for PR who doesn't have sufficient funding for direct MSc. I cant suggest a course but there are few Advanced diploma programmes that could suit him, i learnt its just to enter there first, the rest would be easy when there. Symbian03 stressed the importance of the SOP (Statement of purpose) while i was preparing to lodge, cos that's an avenue to explain in detail intentions of the applicant and how important or reasons for opting for Advance diploma. One of the points i narrated was cos as a graduate i needed vocational/technical/hands on expertise and training that the Vocational Education and Training (VET) provides or entails. So, he SOP could play a part for a Grad applying for ADV dip.
Thanks for the gesture once again.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 02, 2015
bossladyMo:

Home brand na d way ooo...at least for now lol.

I bought a kg of uncooked king prawns for about $6 or so. That mi goreng is not like Naija indomie jor! I have Coles' long grain rice, and its not bad once you fint overcook it. You can buy brand products like Uncle Ben's or the basmati/jasmine rice. Which rice do you buy?

No, I have never bought any. someone gave me 10kg short grains 'sunrice' at first but when I complained about it, he gave me 5kg long grains homebrand (it wasn't as bad as the 'sunrice' but didn't turn out the way I expected for my fried rice recipe). Then, when I complained that the rice grown in Oz are not so good, he brought 5kg long grains sunrice. lol! I don't know what to do with all of them; but I intend buying basmati rice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 6:43am On Mar 02, 2015
malkinburg:
7 days in stralia and counting. For student touching down u have to first get ur tax file number if u need a job bad bad. I have applied for mine already on the first day. Buy Lycamobile (19 dolls prr month all calls and text to oz) if u no too dey call niaja. If ur the home sick type u should buy lebera as its 3cents to call Naija per minute. As for house please avoid agent because Na better wahala dem be. Look for landlord. They r more reasonable. Depending on where u stay motto na neccesity. If ur in Queensland Brisbane. for a guy focus on factory jab/general labourer. At least I don c like 5 Naija boys dey pay school fees. ( disclaimer "all na based according to wetin dem talk"wink survival on d hussle is possible.

Met a friendly Indian guy today. My friends neighbour. Drove his car to go grab a pizza. He works as a manager for aged care facility. He said age care is selling madly in Queensland. So as a part time job I cud earn 20 to 25 dolls per hour with regular shifts. Also met a a Gambian guy who just graduated from QUT. He does security part time and earns 30dolls/hr.

My prognosis so far so good> coming to oz is not a bad idea. With proper networking and hussle u go make am. In all things just make sure u are a good ambassador so that market no go spoil for impending new comers.

As a Nairaland ambassador to Australia Na only the truth and nothing but the truth I go yarn. Husssle fit pay. If u get wife or babe wey u wan marry package her come. Ur combined income can top 60k USD before tax per year depending where u get job. Yeah one more thing masters in gradschool isnt as diifficult or stressful as yankee or canada. Oz Na the way forward.
Thanks bro, God will bless your hustle. Please we need more testifiers to help those who are skeptical.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2015
wahabcoal:

Thanks ferdie for congratulating me, you are the first veteran here to do so even when many skipped my testimony to comment on others post, im not complaining though, just wondered why. I deliberately didn't mention names i should thank, cos i gained from even the 'newbies' here, i simply generalized it.

As regards your guy, i feel that's the best option for someone with target for PR who doesn't have sufficient funding for direct MSc. I cant suggest a course but there are few Advanced diploma programmes that could suit him, i learnt its just to enter there first, the rest would be easy when there. Symbian03 stressed the importance of the SOP (Statement of purpose) while i was preparing to lodge, cos that's an avenue to explain in detail intentions of the applicant and how important or reasons for opting for Advance diploma. One of the points i narrated was cos as a graduate i needed vocational/technical/hands on expertise and training that the Vocational Education and Training (VET) provides or entails. So, he SOP could play a part for a Grad applying for ADV dip.
Thank you and don't feel offended. We are happy you are moving onto your place. I'm making progress too and more than I imagined is at play here. Before early next year I should be done with the processing.

I will do as you have suggested for the guy. I just learnt he is talking about M
Sc in Canada. With that amount?... I Will allow them to realize and come to the reality.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2015
Truth234:

Bros I just wan help you, no ever try Papua New Guinea ever. Papua New Guinea is not a country on its own, it is currently part of Indonesia and extremely poor, they themselves crave Australian visa. They are fighting for their freedom and presently Benny Wenda is in South Africa campaigning for global support. Unless you are freedom fighter, no try am.
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2015
wahabcoal:

Sup bro, had to quote your 2013 post cos i finally lodged and got it yesterday afternoon.
Despite many hurdles along the way, God finally put a smile on my face, so, i'll be among those to be congratulated after posting this?
I'm glad its finally happening. I appreciate many many people in-house, since 2012 i asked the first TAfe related question, even those that recently joined us many info's were gained. I finally got my 572 SVP(Advanced diploma) VISA Grant.
Took 9 working days cos i front-loaded medicals late last year December.

Happily happy for this good news. Will surely send you a mails soon; schedule always tight these days.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cybug: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2015
Just searched via anzscosearch... Na waoh... No state or region is sponsoring my occupation. embarassed

@bossladymo, Is there any other place I can search again?

PS: my occupation is on the CSOL.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Congrats Wahabcoal.

Guys, about Rice. Look in store for any rice that has 'parboiled' written on it. Its not about whether its long or short grain. The rice we are used to is the parboiled one.

The thing suffer me well in America before I was told to look for parboiled rice in Walmart. You go just cook their rice, the thing go just turn into 'egbo' one mushy meal.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Otunba4eva: 10:21am On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=xtianelvis post=31157773]Hello fellow nairalander.I need advise from any one with experience I wish to move to Australia to work I have first degree and a virgin passport, an agant said it will be difficult to get me VISA from nigeria. He said I should go to Papua New Guinea to get Australian VISA. Papua New Guinea is located north of Australia,my question is has any one gone to Australia through that means? What is the chance of getting Australian Visa fron the country?how much does it cost to get the Visa in papua new guinea..please help out [/quot

Hey! Don't even think it , not to talk of trying it, why? That country is extremely poor and the citizen aren't nice at all. If you package your application here very well, Australia will give a visa for what purpose u wanted it for. Whether your passport is virgin or disvirgin isn't a criteria. What they are concern about is your GTE.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
wahabcoal:

Awwww....I sure I must have missed your post.

Congrats bro! Which state?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
Congratulations Ayaboyo and Wahabcoal,

May the new path bring you the desires of your hearts...

Ayaboyo, why did you guys resolved to use an agent when you could have done it yourself?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
bossladyMo:

Awwww....I sure I must have missed your post.

Congrats bro! Which state?
Thanks Ma'am. WA(perth). Trust youre enjoying your new environment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks.
happytbaby:
Congrats Wahabcoal.

Guys, about Rice. Look in store for any rice that has 'parboiled' written on it. Its not about whether its long or short grain. The rice we are used to is the parboiled one.

The thing suffer me well in America before I was told to look for parboiled rice in Walmart. You go just cook their rice, the thing go just turn into 'egbo' one mushy meal.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
ferdimako:

Thank you and don't feel offended. We are happy you are moving onto your place. I'm making progress too and more than I imagined is at play here. Before early next year I should be done with the processing.

I will do as you have suggested for the guy. I just learnt he is talking about M
Sc in Canada. With that amount?... I Will allow them to realize and come to the reality.
Your's will manifest soon, we shall all congratulate you on this same thread.
As regards your guy opting for canada, hmmm, i hope he gets lucky. My brother got denied last Oct despite paying full tuition and accomodation about 2.6million, he reapplied adding his 2 years work details and documents, still he wasnt regarded as a genuine student. I leanrt they had low quota for Nigerians,(Africans) maybe.
He'd better weight up his options. He can opt for Germany free tuition Masters.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Bibol(f): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
happytbaby:
Go to a supermarket and buy a pack of Ziploc freezer nylons. That's what we use when we travel. You can use paper tape to write the labels.

Don't forget to declare on your landing card that you have food items.

Thanks a lot. Your post was very helpful. I couldn't find the zip lock freezer nylons but I was given a good alternative by the supermarket attendant.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
bellong:

Congratulations Ayaboyo and Wahabcoal,
May the new path bring you the desires of your hearts...
Ayaboyo, why did you guys resolved to use an agent when you could have done it yourself?

Bellong, na fear oo. My hubby has a Uk engineering degree, we wanted to be sure of what occupation to nominate cos of the various accords, as we had been denied New Zealand visa before for nominating a wrong occupation , based on years of work experience calculation as my hubby had an HND from naija and some years of work experience before his degree.

Bosslady and the other seniors keep updating , I am sure by the time I enter town, I go be like local with all this info about food and shopping. God bless you , u are a real life saver.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cybug: 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
cybug:
Just searched via anzscosearch... Na waoh... No state or region is sponsoring my occupation. embarassed

@bossladymo, Is there any other place I can search again?

PS: my occupation is on the CSOL.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
wahabcoal:

Your's will manifest soon, we shall all congratulate you on this same thread.
As regards your guy opting for canada, hmmm, i hope he gets lucky. My brother got denied last Oct despite paying full tuition and accomodation about 2.6million, he reapplied adding his 2 years work details and documents, still he wasnt regarded as a genuine student. I leanrt they had low quota for Nigerians,(Africans) maybe.
He'd better weight up his options. He can opt for Germany free tuition Masters.
Okay...English never gree make we learn am finish na to come add German?

I just dey look am...let ur bros, do the needful. Or must it be Canada for him?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akinke: 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello,
Please I am finding it a bit tasking to have a list of Visa requirements for a 2 year study programme in Australia, besides the CoE. There seem not to be an exact lists on the Australian immigration website. Also if Ielts is not required by the school.

IS IT A MUST BY THE EMBASSY

Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ogompaul(m): 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
cybug:
Bro please how do I search for state nominated or territory nominated. I searched via anzscosearch... yet I don't understand how it works. someone should pls put me through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.