Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755291 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
happytbaby:
Did the GTE form state that it must be endorsed by a school agent? If not; fill it yourself and attached supporting documents (if any).

Some of the agents are actually quite expensive, one Uni reffered us to an agent and the agents said they would take 200 dollars to process the admission and collect Usd 1,000 when visa was out. We ran for our lives and looked for other schools.

Its a pity most Australian Universities insisit on using an agent.

@happytbaby yes and there was even an attachment sent that needed the agents signature and some docs they need to attest to.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Hello Seniors,

How were u able to score 100 for the point check to rent house.@bosslady mo etc

I submitted a plethora of documents to my agent...cos I didnt meet the 100pts id specification. They were pretty lenient tho, cos we had no rental history and no job....maybe cos its a regional area sha.

I submitted - bank statements, passports, pcc, character reference from Naija landlord, and some other docs that sha had our names and other info on it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nisi(m): 1:17am On Mar 26, 2015
ferdimako:

They are actually online but I will push the ones I have tomorrow. Everything u need is online...if you need extra exercises, you pay them. Free materials should get you your marks though!

pls ferdimako,i will need the PTE materials too.My e-mail is cynthizemax@gmail.com.i appreciate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 2:28am On Mar 26, 2015
bossladyMo:

I submitted a plethora of documents to my agent...cos I didnt meet the 100pts id specification. They were pretty lenient tho, cos we had no rental history and no job....maybe cos its a regional area sha.

I submitted - bank statements, passports, pcc, character reference from Naija landlord, and some other docs that sha had our names and other info on it.
hi bosslady, I don't get it,Do Australia landlords request for the documents you mentioned above before they can rent out their house to new migrants.Are there lots of available jobs in Australia and what kind of jobs are easily available to new migrants
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Harmony222(m): 5:01am On Mar 26, 2015
lilspiceyy:

I was referred to an agent by NSW cos of the reply I got from the agent I tried TAFE BRISBANE and they referred me to an agent in sydney who called me dis morning saying saying I have to pay 450AUD for them to commence with processing my GTE form and 350AUD wen I am done with everytin. Right now, TAFE SA sent me a mail and referred me to an agent in Nigeria. Wen I called her and introduced myself, she told me to forward every docs I submitted and the response I got from TAFE SA and now I just got another mail from her with attachments which contains GTE form and Application form and she told me to fill it and send it back to her. She hasnt said
anytin abt money and I pray she doesn't oooo
firsly, im surprised u were charged for GTE form whc ought not to be.
secondly, you shld prolly ask ur tafesa agent if u are liable to any hidden charge of such so to knw whr u stand....
Lastly, PRAY!
wish u d best sis....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Dav6: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2015
@illspiceyy...tafesa woman wud charge you 50k I wud advise you look for anoder skol tafesa is located in Adelaide where unemployment is sky rocketed now....20cents
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tonibox: 11:01am On Mar 26, 2015
I wonder why people are always complaining about unemployment rate in Adelaide. You should visit here before making conclusions.
The fact is that its quite difficult to get a professional job in any part of Australia because companies won't employ you due to your 20 hrs work restrictions. They prefer to employ Permanent residents or more preferably citizens. But you can sure get a part-time job in Adelaide if you wanna work. For those who wanna study in Adelaide, go for it...We all have different destinies.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2015
Dav6:
@illspiceyy...tafesa woman wud charge you 50k I wud advise you look for anoder skol tafesa is located in Adelaide where unemployment is sky rocketed now....20cents
Really? Any suggestions?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
How were you able to get hold of iom? Their number never seems to go thru or they never pick up.

Did you visit their office address too?

mrnilobrawn:
Please can some1 interpret this flight path for me...especially the flight time(s)

I got that from IOM

RP/GVAI83122/GVAI83122 MA/SU 24MAR15/1023Z 3HD6RW
2 EK 782 L 19JUN 5 LOSDXB HK1 I 2050 0735+1 *1A/E*
3 EK 406 L 20JUN 6 DXBMEL HK1 3 1010 0525+1 *1A/E*

Total cost is USD1042.21
NGN210,786.97

MSC ---
RP/GVAI83122/GVAI83122 MA/SU 24MAR15/1034Z 3HD673
RF CEDES

2 EK 782 L 19JUN 5 LOSDXB OK1 I 2050 0735+1 77W E 0
3 EK 412 L 20JUN 6 DXBSYD OK1 3 1015 0605+1 388 E 0

Total cost is USD1050.21
NGN212.404.97
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
bjayzeez:
How were you able to get hold of iom? Their number never seems to go thru or they never pick up.

Did you visit their office address too?

phone and emails
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Dav6: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
@lilspiceyy my main issue is the agent tafesa sent u too...seems she dnt know much about Australia application most of the agents in naija,there knowledge gap is too wide...she can't handle the application you may end up wasting the money and u may nt likely get d offer...I wud advice you go for another schl...dnt ignore my advice...once again my 20cent..tho is ur choice...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lilspiceyy(f): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dav6:
@lilspiceyy my main issue is the agent tafesa sent u too...seems she dnt know much about Australia application most of the agents in naija,there knowledge gap is too wide...she can't handle the application you may end up wasting the money and u may nt likely get d offer...I wud advice you go for another schl...dnt ignore my advice...once again my 20cent..tho is ur choice...
Thanks for the info
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dav6:
Hav u any school that dont requre agent, feel free to let her know..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Threemg: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
arnoldbaba:
to get to australia looks difficult to most people because they do not know how to go about it.The best form of travelling to australia is by processing the immigration.This is done right from the country.We have a dedicated lawyer right there in the country that does all the paper work that need to be done it takes time though and its worth the wait.Thanks[color=#770077][/color] cool

Please bros I'm new here can u enlighten me more
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
bossladyMo:

Hello sister i sent u a mail.?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 5:01am On Mar 27, 2015
Hello Bosslady, Ferdimako,Bellong and co. Please help out here my friend recently got his Qualifications assessed with ACS and he got a positive result as suitable for Migration but his 4years BSc computerscience degree from a private university was assessed as being comparable to AQF Associate degree hence 5years out of his 6 years experience is being used as meeting suitability criteria. Can he appeal this decision or is that Nigerian degrees are not recognised.Will Welcome your feedback and suggestions. Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stepo707: 7:34am On Mar 27, 2015
Preciousstones:

You have to go through an agent and yes I have applied to RMIT.they have only one agent/representative in nigeria
Hi precious .please did the agent at pfl charge you for the application process? Also what documents were required.
I got this from office of international admissions."Additional information
Document or statement with any additional information you wish to provide to support your application. "
Do you know what document they are referring to?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2015
Ruleogo:
Hello Bosslady, Ferdimako,Bellong and co. Please help out here my friend recently got his Qualifications assessed with ACS and he got a positive result as suitable for Migration but his 4years BSc computerscience degree from a private university was assessed as being comparable to AQF Associate degree hence 5years out of his 6 years experience is being used as meeting suitability criteria. Can he appeal this decision or is that Nigerian degrees are not recognised.Will Welcome your feedback and suggestions. Thank you
I don't really know all or what transpired but his work experience years were used to migitate the inadequacy of his B.Sc as it was judged to be equivalent to Associated degree. Associate degree means a two year major or not up to three or four year degree with major ICT contents.

Nigerian schools do too much Math, GSTs and Physics. This is why I'm waiting to complete my masters degree although I'm claiming 15points under education, so that my case will be comparability yes...suitability yes but no migration points because I have no post qualification experience.

I don't think he should appeal, instead he should try to use test of English to recover the lost migration points and move on.

It is hard but see it as the only way. Hey pple have done it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2015
stepo707:

Hi precious .please did the agent at pfl charge you for the application process? Also what documents were required.
I got this from office of international admissions."Additional information
Document or statement with any additional information you wish to provide to support your application. "
Do you know what document they are referring to?

Yes,I don't about this statement.rmit will tell you if you are missing any document
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 8:35am On Mar 27, 2015
Election 2moro...see lagos international airport

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Ruleogo:

He should not even bother appealing...waste of time. To be sincere, we can't compare the outdated ICT syllabus of many Nigerian schools to other unis abroad. He is even lucky it wasn't equated to a Diploma. Let him make up for it with high English points....or go for the 489 if he needs 10pts.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 27, 2015
Teeboy22:

Hello sister i sent u a mail.?

Oh really! You can ask your questions here tho

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

He should not even bother appealing...waste of time. To be sincere, we can't compare the outdated ICT syllabus of many Nigerian schools to other unis abroad. He is even lucky it wasn't equated to a Diploma. Let him make up for it with high English points....or go for the 489 if he needs 10pts.
but does it mean he can claim15 points from education even when his is not at par? I know he doesn't have any meaningful years of experience... so no migration points from that side.

Again, he said five out of six of his work experience years was removed to meet up with suitability criterion... it thought he should have said comparability criterion. Will Associate degree ever attract 15pts?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

but does it mean he can 15 points from education even when his is not at par? I know he doesn't have any meaningful years of experience... so no migration points from that side.

How ur side Ferdimako, hope u go cast ur vote 2moro, cast ur vote before u run go OZ ooo!!!, if not, l go call dem for airport to stop u once u collect ur visa to vamoose, d comptroller of immigration for airport na my Padi, we day chop nkwobi together grin cool
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2015
shinejackie:

How ur side Ferdimako, hope u go cast ur vote 2moro, cast ur vote before u run go OZ ooo!!!, if not, l go call dem for airport to stop u once u collect ur visa to vamoose, d comptroller of immigration for airport na my Padi, we day chop nkwobi together grin cool
I no get PVC oh...I go dey work out for huz..u know power no go dey. lean hope from Nigeria and her systems.

Ur padi for airport na N500 him go collect from me...gimme my passport back.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

I no get PVC oh...I go dey work out for huz..u know power no go dey. lean hope from Nigeria and her systems.

Ur padi for airport na[b] N500 [/b]him go collect from me...gimme my passport back.

Dies!! now u make me angry, ok, l will tell him to collect $500 from u grin.....make God give u the visa, na dat time, l go make call and tell am say make him squeeze u well, well, back to topic, l really weep for naija oo!!, things are just deteriorating daily, sometimes l ask myself, are we not d same humans like OZ, NewZealand , US, UK, CANADA, and other saner clime, which kain demon hold naija for ground,me l no trust both FidiFi and Apc, make the best candidate wey go make naija better win.........i pity those wey still sey there dey suffer in d name of patriotism........
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2015
shinejackie:

Dies!! now u make me angry, ok, l will tell him to collect $500 from u grin.....make God give u the visa, na dat time, l go make call and tell am say make him squeeze u well, well, back to topic, l really weep for naija oo!!, things are just deteriorating daily, sometimes l ask myself, are we not d same humans like OZ, NewZealand , US, UK, CANADA, and other saner clime, which kain demon hold naija for ground,me l no trust both FidiFi and Apc, make the best candidate wey go make naija better win.........i pity those wey still sey there dey suffer in d name of patriotism........
None is better but that is not the problem...the thing is Nigeria doesn't want to commit everyone under minimum wage and doesn't want to strengthen her institutions. EFCC has been killed, constitution does not do much and judges are corrupt. Even ordinary pple are waiting for their chances. Everyone wants it big...why won't they when govt can't provide basic needs? Hypocritical religious folks everywhere.

I go go airport early...ur guy no go even see shishi.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

None is better but that is not the problem...the thing is Nigeria doesn't want to commit everyone under minimum wage and doesn't want to strengthen her institutions. EFCC has been killed, constitution does not do much and judges are corrupt. Even ordinary pple are waiting for their chances. Everyone wants it big...why won't they when govt can't provide basic needs? Hypocritical religious folks everywhere.

I go go airport early...ur guy no even see shishi.

Na true u talk, l taya 4niaja problem oo!! both the rich & poor are not safe, suffering and smiling, thank God say l left since, naija is a joke, l feel for millions who are still suffering there, all this thieving politicians no care oo, dey are bunch of mofos, make l stop b4 l derail d thread, l wish u all d best in ur migration quest,as for going to airport on time , it is d best, but those officers on duty, na hunger dey do dem, no give dem shishi, even me we dey travel in and out, dem still dey ask me, l dey tell dem say, if una disturb me, na to call comptroller wey be my padi, once dey hear that, dem go allow me go, cheers mate.. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.