Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755261 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 27, 2015
shinejackie:

Na true u talk, l taya 4niaja problem oo!! both the rich & poor are not safe, suffering and smiling, thank God say l left since, naija is a joke, l feel for millions who are still suffering there, all this thieving politicians no care oo, dey are bunch of mofos, make l stop b4 l derail d thread, l wish u all d best in ur migration quest,as for going to airport on time , it is d best, but those officers on duty, na hunger dey do dem, no give dem shishi, even me we dey travel in and out, dem still dey ask me, l dey tell dem say, if una disturb me, na to call comptroller wey be my padi, once dey hear that, dem go allow me go, cheers mate.. cool
hahaha...I fit use ur style. I hope to get it by year end. Thank u...we go still dey come motherland but not to keep our future with them mofos.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

hahaha...I fit use ur style. I hope to get it by year end. Thank u...we go still dey come motherland but not to keep our future with them mofos.

Correct, abeg once u get the visa, make u run comot 4naija oo, dat country dey set person back, if u reach OZ, u go make am well, well, ur skills, experiences & competencies go speak 4u.....all d best mate cool
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2015
shinejackie:

Correct, abeg once u get the visa, make u run comot 4naija oo, dat country dey set person back, if u reach OZ, u go make am well, well, ur skills, experiences & competencies go speak 4u.....all d best mate cool
Thank u...I dey carry my babe sef join.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

Thank u...I dey carry my babe sef join.

Good plan, ur head correct, 2 of u can build, plan and make it faster...... grin cool wink

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 27, 2015
ferdimako:

but does it mean he can claim15 points from education even when his is not at par? I know he doesn't have any meaningful years of experience... so no migration points from that side.

Again, he said five out of six of his work experience years was removed to meet up with suitability criterion... it thought he should have said comparability criterion. Will Associate degree ever attract 15pts?

Nope...he can only claim 10pts, not 15.

The way ACS works is funny. Even those that have their degrees equated to ICT major Bachelor's, still have their work experience deducted.

So he can neither claim Bachelor segree points, nor work experience points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

The way ACS works is funny. Even those that have their degrees equated to ICT major Bachelor's, still have their work experience deducted.

Chai...that is why I want to add my M.Sc to ensure comparability because as my experience doesn't attract any migration points, there might not be any usable points to cushion the effect of inadequacies if my B.Sc is not at par.

I have up to seven years of experience but not being post qualification makes it unusable for migration points but usable only for suitability.

I'm at chapter four now with my Supervisor... I should get my transcript in May and testimonial in June or July.

Bosslady...how do Nurses and Midwives do their assessment? They are diploma trained and I don't know if they sail. Must they do an English test and get proficiency level when being assessed. That 5 points won't be a bad idea!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stepo707: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
Preciousstones:

Yes,I don't about this statement.rmit will tell you if you are missing any document

ok i emailed them.i await their reply.i will never use an agent.any university that insist on an agent should shove their admission in their ass
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
stepo707:

ok i emailed them.i await their reply.i will never use an agent.any university that insist on an agent should shove their admission in their ass

K
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kokobi99: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
If Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New zealand, Germany, Norway, France, Sweden and the rest of the western countries can consider Nigeria Bachelor as equivalent, what is wrong with Australia. I think the Ngeria community in Australia is not doing much in regards to this or are they not aware of the matter or is it Goodluck Jonathan will go to do it, this is just an embarrassment by the Australia Authority.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kokobi99: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ferdi, am not sure that this is a matter of too much GST, i think Australia lack information about Nigeria and it is the responsilities of the Nigerians in Australia to draw their attention to this effect. Most countries usually ask Nigeria to provide IELTS for admission before but Nigerians living in those countries have make them to understand that we have command in english and this makes them to exempt it for us, so such a thing can also be applicable to this issue.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
kokobi99:
If Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New zealand, Germany, Norway, France, Sweden and the rest of the western countries can consider Nigeria Bachelor as equivalent, what is wrong with Australia. I think the Ngeria community in Australia is not doing much in regards to this or are they not aware of the matter or is it Goodluck Jonathan will go to do it, this is just an embarrassment by the Australia Authority.

@Kokobi99

Nigerian degrees are recognised, mine was assessed by Engineers Australia as equivalent to the Australian Bachelors degree (Professional Engineer - Skill level 1) , several others on this thread have had similar outcomes from their assessing authorities.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
kokobi99:
Ferdi, am not sure that this is a matter of too much GST, i think Australia lack information about Nigeria and it is the responsilities of the Nigerians in Australia to draw their attention to this effect. Most countries usually ask Nigeria to provide IELTS for admission before but Nigerians living in those countries have make them to understand that we have command in english and this makes them to exempt it for us, so such a thing can also be applicable to this issue.
This I think is because IT world evolves a lot and often...so if you are not up to speed...u get outdated pretty soon and easily. I noticed this and picked up extra ICT courses but my school couldn't include them...so the need to back my B.Sc up with Masters.

Most Nigerian schools just focus on GPA and students follow suit. I remember telling my school to include my seven missing courses.. I fought for them for one year but the system is straitjacketed.

All they told me was u have been graduated. Imagine without my IT that I worked so hard for and made an A..is it on my record? No! Schools should get some Nigerian students studying abroad or in Oz to get them their coursework and strength to make what we have here internationalised.

However, Nigerian system isn't against Nigerian contents.

Schools in Canada are now demanding English proficiency...our grammar is worsening. Check this NL.
I think most schools and systems elsewhere bend back over to accommodate us. Remove politics and remove Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by scrollmeout(m): 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
spiggy:

@Kokobi99

Nigerian degrees are recognised, mine was assessed by Engineers Australia as equivalent to the Australian Bachelors degree (Professional Engineer - Skill level 1) , several others on this thread have had similar outcomes from their assessing authorities.

Hello Spiggy, pls how long did it take to get your MSA from EA. I just submitted my application for EA yesterday and im trying to beat a deadline in June. I read about their 13 week turnaround but I'm hoping it'll be shorter.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by proftaiwo: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
Wow, is it possible to add NYSC experience for skilled migration point ; as it is now i need to search for 5pts ooooo.

bossladyMo:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
scrollmeout:

Hello Spiggy, pls how long did it take to get your MSA from EA. I just submitted my application for EA yesterday and im trying to beat a deadline in June. I read about their 13 week turnaround but I'm hoping it'll be shorter.
Whoa... ACS' is now eight weeks! When did CIC scrollusout?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
proftaiwo:
Wow, is it possible to add NYSC experience for skilled migration point ; as it is now i need to search for 5pts ooooo.

Ur wife shld assess under her qualifying authority. If positive... that's five points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
scrollmeout:

Hi there, mine took about 12 weeks when I did it back in 2013. Usually, EA sticks to their advertised turn around time so just hope for the best and use this period to gather up all the other documents you will need to lodge the application with DIBP.

The immigration process requires lots and lots of patience.....goodluck !
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

Oh really! You can ask your questions here tho

I have a fwend...he wnt's 2 go to australia to live n work there....buh e dnt know hw 2 go abt it......dnt even no anyfng abt hw to start...pls hw cn e go abt it....

Tnx

Tunde euro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 12:42am On Mar 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

He should not even bother appealing...waste of time. To be sincere, we can't compare the outdated ICT syllabus of many Nigerian schools to other unis abroad. He is even lucky it wasn't equated to a Diploma. Let him make up for it with high English points....or go for the 489 if he needs 10pts.
hi bosslady,if I should migrate to Australia as a proffessional secondary school teacher,what other alternative job can I easily obtain in Aussie as a permanent resident
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Teeboy22:

I have a fwend...he wnt's 2 go to australia to live n work there....buh e dnt know hw 2 go abt it......dnt even no anyfng abt hw to start...pls hw cn e go abt it....

Tnx

Tunde euro

You should read this thread from the start, you will have all the info you need. There are many ways you can go about going to Aus.

When you are through reading it, any clarifications you need will be answered.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 28, 2015
chase123:
hi bosslady,if I should migrate to Australia as a proffessional secondary school teacher,what other alternative job can I easily obtain in Aussie as a permanent resident

Any job ypu want na...except of course, regulated professions like Nursing, Engineering etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 28, 2015
proftaiwo:

Tou should be able to....if your assessing body does not deduct from your work experience years.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 28, 2015
ferdimako:

Chai...that is why I want to add my M.Sc to ensure comparability because as my experience doesn't attract any migration points, there might not be any usable points to cushion the effect of inadequacies if my B.Sc is not at par.

I have up to seven years of experience but not being post qualification makes it unusable for migration points but usable only for suitability.

I'm at chapter four now with my Supervisor... I should get my transcript in May and testimonial in June or July.

Bosslady...how do Nurses and Midwives do their assessment? They are diploma trained and I don't know if they sail. Must they do an English test and get proficiency level when being assessed. That 5 points won't be a bad idea!

Health professionals need an average of 7.5, with no band lower than 7, in IELTS Academic. Dont have much info about diploma trained nurses.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:49am On Mar 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

Health professionals need an average of 7.5, with no band lower than 7, in IELTS Academic. Dont have much info about diploma trained nurses.
That's serious oh...even when they're not the PA? Chai.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kokobi99: 4:51am On Mar 28, 2015
spiggy:

@Kokobi99

Because your degree is 5 years
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 6:36am On Mar 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

You should read this thread from the start, you will have all the info you need. There are many ways you can go about going to Aus.

When you are through reading it, any clarifications you need will be answered.

tnx bosslady i trust u....will help him start readng...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by proftaiwo: 6:59am On Mar 28, 2015
bossladyMo:

Hi Bosslady

My assessing body is ACS, the minimum deduction from work experience is 2years from my understanding.

Tou should be able to....if your assessing body does not deduct from your work experience years.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2015
I
bossladyMo:

Any job ypu want na...except of course, regulated professions like Nursing, Engineering etc
I see
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by johnsontade: 8:35am On Mar 28, 2015
proftaiwo:

Nobody cares if it is Nysc or not except if you decide to shoot yourself on the foot by stating it clearly in your application. Any work experience you get after studies(after the date on your Bachelor degrees certificate) can be used to gather point as long as your assessing body recognizes your qualification and sees your experience as relevant.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 9:24am On Mar 28, 2015
Kokobi99, exactly what ferdimarko was saying... Just saying.

Teeboy22:

Tnx

Tunde euro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
bjayzeez:
Kokobi99, exactly what ferdimarko was saying... Just saying.

how i dnt understand dis??..is dis mssg 4 me..?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stepo707: 10:26am On Mar 29, 2015
Please is academic IELTS computer based or the exam questions are on paper.I mean for the reading and writing part.and also is the answer sheet on paper or on the computer.
Thanks folks

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.