Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754958 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
stepo707:
Please is academic IELTS computer based or the exam questions are on paper.I mean for the reading and writing part.and also is the answer sheet on paper or on the computer.
Thanks folks

the test is paper based
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stepo707: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
bjayzeez:

the test is paper based

Thank God oh.....Its not been easy preparing from this my computer as have difficulty in scrolling in the reading section.how do one cope?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
johnsontade:

Nobody cares if it is Nysc or not except if you decide to shoot yourself on the foot by stating it clearly in your application. Any work experience you get after studies(after the date on your Bachelor degrees certificate) can be used to gather point as long as your assessing body recognizes your qualification and sees your experience as relevant.
Only certificates? Some people got a job just with statement of results, years before obtaining their certificates. Won't those work experience count?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
stepo707:
Please is academic IELTS computer based or the exam questions are on paper.I mean for the reading and writing part.and also is the answer sheet on paper or on the computer.
Thanks folks
You don't even see a computer in IELTS exams
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
bossladyMo:

Any job ypu want na...except of course, regulated professions like Nursing, Engineering etc
Hi bosslady, did you register with Australia communication workers Association in order to get your current job at the Telecommunication company in Australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
chase123:
Hi bosslady, did you register with Australia communication workers Association in order to get your current job at the Telecommunication company in Australia

Nope
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
BKings:
Only certificates? Some people got a job just with statement of results, years before obtaining their certificates. Won't those work experience count?

Even tho it is obtained years after, the date of graduation does not change.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 3:09am On Mar 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Nope
hi bosslady,please can you explain the process of recruitment you underwent from the Telecommunication company in Australia where you now work before you were able to get your present job there
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2015
chase123:
hi bosslady,please can you explain the process of recruitment you underwent from the Telecommunication company in Australia where you now work before you were able to get your present job there
She has done that, read back her previous comments....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

She has done that, read back her previous comments....
Hi mrnilobrawn can you refer me to the page where she made the comment to my question,I need to read it please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2015
chase123:
Hi mrnilobrawn can you refer me to the page where she made the comment to my question,I need to read it please
READ HERE
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 30, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

READ HERE

Thank you! Lol

Typing the story again wasnt exactly something I was looking forward to.

Chase123, hope that post you were referres to, answers yoir question.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:07am On Mar 31, 2015
Bosslady, please I need your help on something. Very important! Check your email
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
bossladyMo:

Thank you! Lol

Typing the story again wasnt exactly something I was looking forward to.

Chase123, hope that post you were referres to, answers yoir question.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JJC2OZ: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
Hello All,

Have been making research about Australia, living and surviving, geting PR after studies, etc and came accross this thread. I must say you guyz ar doing amazing job.

I hav my own delima and wil like those studying and or living in australia to profer some advices. But first;

I wish to shear my own testimony, got my visa grant last week thursday 572 advance diploma, my college is in sydney.....now my queries:

I am suporting myself in this whole quest to acquire australia education with the ultimate goal of geting PR. I hv a girl frnd we hv known each other for the past 5 yrs now..tho no family introduction on both side as at yet. I did not include her in my visa application but now she wishes to travel wit me (on her own she has roughly 1M).
I am thinkin Weda to hv a court marriage wit her so i can apply for her spouse visa... Tho stil intend to keep families out of it cox my family wont advice that right now, they will rather say go first and and worry about her leta.

My major concern is since am targetin to get PR after studies, incase am not able to get PR with post study visa probably due to changes in immigration rule, job availability etc..I might hv an option of getting married to a PR/citizen as an alternativ route (but wit her in the picture this last option is close)

Please my ppl am really confused here....should i go along with her or hav her wait till I hv residency? Wil she be of any disadvantage to me over there regards to my PR inview?

P:S We started datin from school 2010 to date. After school she moved back to her family in nasarawa where she works (waitress in an eatries) while i work live in lagos..

Am really sorry guyz for this long epistle..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
JJC2OZ:
Hello All,

Have been making research about Australia, living and surviving, geting PR after studies, etc and came accross this thread. I must say you guyz ar doing amazing job.

I hav my own delima and wil like those studying and or living in australia to profer some advices. But first;

I wish to shear my own testimony, got my visa grant last week thursday 572 advance diploma, my college is in sydney.....now my queries:

I am suporting myself in this whole quest to acquire australia education with the ultimate goal of geting PR. I hv a girl frnd we hv known each other for the past 5 yrs now..tho no family introduction on both side as at yet. I did not include her in my visa application but now she wishes to travel wit me (on her own she has roughly 1M).
I am thinkin Weda to hv a court marriage wit her so i can apply for her spouse visa... Tho stil intend to keep families out of it cox my family wont advice that right now, they will rather say go first and and worry about her leta.

My major concern is since am targetin to get PR after studies, incase am not able to get PR with post study visa probably due to changes in immigration rule, job availability etc..I might hv an option of getting married to a PR/citizen as an alternativ route (but wit her in the picture this last option is close)

Please my ppl am really confused here....should i go along with her or hav her wait till I hv residency? Wil she be of any disadvantage to me over there regards to my PR inview?

P:S We started datin from school 2010 to date. After school she moved back to her family in nasarawa where she works (waitress in an eatries) while i work live in lagos..

Its really a long epistle but our family here are not lazy. Let the experienced ones speak.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2015
My IELTS

speaking...6.5
writing......7.0
listening....5.5
reading....6.0
overall....6.5

What disadvantages do I hv with the results
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
JJC2OZ:
Hello All,

Honestly bro, this is a decision you've got to make on your own. BTW how long did it take before you were granted your visa?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JJC2OZ: 2:21am On Apr 01, 2015
symbian03:

Honestly bro, this is a decision you've got to make on your own. BTW how long did it take before you were granted your visa?
I know its my decision to make, some little input from one or two could help me alot in that.

BTW, applied march 9, grant march 26.

Plz those already in OZ especially on student visa route to PR should kindly say something
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 01, 2015
BKings:
My IELTS

speaking...6.5
writing......7.0
listening....5.5
reading....6.0
overall....6.5

What disadvantages do I hv with the results
It depends on what u did it for? For any PR visa, listening score negated the competent level...a redo must be arranged.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ:
Hello All,

How many points do you have now? U need to gather up to 60 pts even after finishing ur studies...so calculate what ur points will be after studies, her point contributions and ur English test points. I think you marry her now...do small traditional marriage and do the registry's so that u can file spousal visa. If you guys have been friends...no need to look elsewhere... build on what u have.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ:

I know its my decision to make, some little input from one or two could help me alot in that.

Plz those already in OZ especially on student visa route to PR should kindly say something
congratulations on ur admission and grant.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 7:36am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ:

Thanks for the input. Congrats on your grant and best of luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chidaroy(f): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Hello. I see that nobody has really made an input. So as my usual blunt self I will tell you exactly how I see it. You have been dating a person for five years without both families' involvement but just in split decision time frame you are considering a court marriage?. I hope you realise that a court marriage is a document that binds ger to you and vice versa till the marriage us dissolved? Questions are:
Whose idea is the whole marriage thingy?
What's top on your priority list (marrying her or getting a PR)?
I'm not sure you love her. Cos if you do, you wouldn't even consider marrying a citizen as a means to the end (I don't mean this in a disrespectful way)
Whose original dream is it to travel to Australia and why does your girlfriend want to come with you?
But most importantly, how old are you? If your parents do not think you should be talking marriage now, then I guess you are still a young man.

Mist young men of today mix ambition with sentiment but truth is.... One has to let go of the other.

To help you make your decision I need you to ask yourself one question..... If you marry and travel with her today and 5 years from now you can't get a PR because of your marriage to her, will you regret it? If your answer is yes, the you know what to do. If no.... That's also your answer right there. Good luck
JJC2OZ:
Hello All,

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JJC2OZ: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2015
ferdimako:

How many points do you have now? U need to gather up to 60 pts even after finishing ur studies...so calculate what ur points will be after studies, her point contributions and ur English test points. I think you marry her now...do small traditional marriage and do the registry's so that u can file spousal visa. If you guys have been friends...no need to look elsewhere... build on what u have.
Oga Ferdi i read all your inputs here, you hav been wonderful to new newbies like me...God bless u.

How do i check my points after studies. Am going for electrical Engineering, adv diplo. Studied process engineering HND in nigeria. Age late 20s
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2015
chidaroy:

Jenny?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JJC2OZ: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2015
chidaroy:
Hello. I see that nobody has really made an input. So as my usual blunt self I will tell you exactly how I see it. You have been dating a person for five years without both families' involvement but just in split decision time frame you are considering a court marriage?. I hope you realise that a court marriage is a document that binds ger to you and vice versa till the marriage us dissolved? Questions are:
I'm not sure you love her. Cos if you do, you wouldn't even consider marrying a citizen as a means to the end (I don't mean this in a disrespectful way)
Whose original dream is it to travel to Australia and why does your girlfriend want to come with you?
But most importantly, how old are you? If your parents do not think you should be talking marriage now, then I guess you are still a young man.

Mist young men of today mix ambition with sentiment but truth is.... One has to let go of the other.

To help you make your decision I need you to ask yourself one question..... If you marry and travel with her today and 5 years from now you can't get a PR because of your marriage to her, will you regret it? If your answer is yes, the you know what to do. If no.... That's also your answer right there. Good luck
You must be a councilor sent by God...thank you.

The idea of her coming along is mine, with so much cry from her end of me going away fir that long had to break and suggest the marriage option of her coming along.
Ofcourse geting PR is very paramount to me..just like it is to every1 going to Australia.

Well as for loving her I must say I do...but should i rest on love! I dont know..hav seen married men leaving there families in Nigeria going to U.K and re-marry.....in d quest to get papers..That dos'nt mean they dont love there naija wife...its survival.

The idea of travelling is fully mine and mine alone...I opt for her coming along coz she felt once Am gone am not gonna come for her...her frnds has experience same.

We both ar in our late 20s.

Thanks for your advice

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ
This is factual. I am considering marrying a citizen for papers thats why i cannot commit to any serious relationship here in Nigeria. My point is, wats ur goal? Weigh the option btw getting a PR and getting married. In my opinion, she should apply for PR or College independent from you.
And i agree if you love her enough to want to marry her u wont be considering marrying a citizen. Also if its love, then you shouldnt be hiding it from family cos its your decision to make not theirs. No offence intended pls.

Another option is being open abt this 'marrying a citizen option'. Most women wont like it but if she wants your well being she will allow u get ur papers through that means. SO LONG AS YOU DONT FOREGT/ABANDON HER AFTERWARDS.

chidaroy:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ:

Whatever you decide to do, never marry a citizen with the sole aim of getting "Papers".

These people are not robots or machines, they are humans with emotions. Don't give false hope of marrying anyone for a selfish end. Don't turn anybody to a tool of achieving your personal ambition and later abandon them.

Except you want to marry the citizen because you want to live with her all your days, Do not follow that selfish and ungodly route.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2015
Hiya,
Most of the time, its agreed on by the two parties. Moreover she gets the courts backing and you pay alimony after divorce. Its a win win situation.
Dont get me wrong though, if one can avoid it completely, its better one does. It can get bitter and ugly. Then again some fall inlove and live happily ever after.
But its true, dont be selfish, dont deceive anyone, be truthful.

bellong:

Whatever you decide to do, never marry a citizen with the sole aim of getting "Papers".

These people are not robots or machines, they are humans with emotions. Don't give false hope of marrying anyone for a selfish end. Don't turn anybody to a tool of achieving your personal ambition and later abandon them.

Except you want to marry the citizen because you want to live with her all your days, Do not follow that selfish and ungodly route.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ:

Oga Ferdi i read all your inputs here, you hav been wonderful to new newbies like me...God bless u.

How do i check my points after studies. Am going for electrical Engineering, adv diplo. Studied process engineering HND in nigeria. Age late 20s
Go to their DIBP site and read the thread. I think u should have a bachelor's degree.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2015
JJC2OZ:

. In my opinion, if u love her then do the marriage rites. File for spouse visa,when she comes over she can be working while you are schooling. There are many ways to get a PR without marrying a citizen. If the course u are going for is at least 2 years minimum duration and in a regional area. More so, it should be on SOL/CSOL list. With that you can file for post graduate visa after studies. Some international students are lucky, after they graduate,they get sponsorship from their would-be employer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.