Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? (1905 Views)

Why would a guy give a girl the Up and Down look With A Frown On His Face? / See What An Unsatisfied Boyfriend Did To His Girl (Picture) / Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
Girl dates guy. Girl is not working. She is however, loyal and faithful and takes care of things around the house. Girl asks guy for money, rent, food, hair, school and so on. Girl says if guy is tired of girl asking for money, guy should give girl 500k for opening a shop, so she can make her own money.

Guy says fine, bring me some information; bring me a plan; bring me somebody who has opened a shop before. Girl won't do any of that, saying she's 100% convinced that she can not fail, and that guy is just being selfish and greedy.

Question: If girl wants 500k for shop, isn't fair to do something to convince the guy it's a good investment, such as write up a business plan, or at least introduce guy to people who have made a successful go of things?

Should a guy, even in Nigeria where the woman expects to be taken care of, hand over 500k just because the girl says she knows she will make money?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
if the guy must give the babe money then i go advise make the guy give the girl belle so make the girl no come dump the guy and run off wit the money.na so sharp men dey do am cool
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
This girl will not dump the guy. But what this girl might do, because she won't plan properly, is lose the guy's money. Then what happens? What is so wrong about the guy having some information?

Is it really true that if you ask somebody about how to open a shop, Nigerians will not support you?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by boron10(m): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
lefulefu: if the guy must give the babe money then i go advise make the guy give the girl belle so make the girl no come dump the guy and run off wit the money.na so sharp men dey do am cool
yes o, na bele win am o. I can't take such risk, knowing fully well that naija gals have low business IQ. Behind every successful naija business woman, there is an alhaji, sugar daddy or maga making up for her losses. If she waste the money, nothing you go do.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Mynd44: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
She wants 500k and she does not have some kind of business plan? Hell no.
The guy aint Santa clause na.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
naija gals have low business IQ.

Since that is the case, shouldn't the girl being doing something to convince the guy otherwise? Who starts a business without a plan; even a small shop should have a plan, shouldn't it?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by omega25red(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
They say it aint tricking if you got it grin but in this case you gotz to be stewpid to just give the money like that without seeing a business plan or even collecting colateral incase she tries to trick off the money and if the business fails (and i dont mean her virginity or sex)
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
That girl is being arrogant and childish...how on earth does she expect someone to give her N500,000, when she can't provide a reasonable business plan that would convince him beyond every reasonable doubt that indeed she needs that money.

Does she think that 500k is easy for someone to cough out in Nigeria, considering the present state of the economy?

If she can't convince the guy the she actually needs that money, the he (the guy) should keep his cash...on a second thought, give it to the less privileged if need be.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
That girl is being arrogant and childish...how on earth does she expect someone to give her N500,000, when she can't provide a reasonable business plan that would convince him beyond every reasonable doubt that indeed she needs that money.

Perhaps this part wasn't made clear. There is a business plan; it is as follows:

I reject failure in the name of Jesus.

Do you trust that plan?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Mynd44: 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
charity00:

Perhaps this part wasn't made clear. There is a business plan; it is as follows:

Do you trust that plan?
That is the worst business plan ever. It reminds me of cecelia Ibru on BBC caring how her success is because of God. A month later, she was in jail for fraud
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by vivianc(f): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
No business plan no money joor.......u must make suRe she also has managerial skills, oR is theRe a plan to hire a tRained manageR?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
Not swot analysis no cash.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
Not swot analysis no cash.

Ok then, what is the bare minimum you would accept as far as a plan?

And where, if the girl refuses to provide information, can a guy go to get the info he needs to confidently invest?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
charity00: Perhaps this part wasn't made clear. There is a business plan; it is as follows:

Do you trust that plan?
You don't reject failure...you work hard too overcome it.

Her statement can be likened to a lazy student who when is reminded that his nonchalant approach towards his studies can lead to failure...he tells you God forbid.

What is there for God to forbid?

What is there to reject in Jesus name?

If she isn't planing, then she's definitely planing to fail...
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by freecocoa(f): 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
The guy na better person sef

With all the business plans in the world, i still won't give a lover that amount without collateral.undecided
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Mynd44: 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
charity00:

Ok then, what is the bare minimum you would accept as far as a plan?

And where, if the girl refuses to provide information, can a guy go to get the info he needs to confidently invest?
yes he is free as the girl has showed that she aint serious
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mbuk, I don't know how you make your money and how easy it comes. The choice is yours to make. No matter what anyone says, what you want to do, is what you will eventually do. As a matter of fact sef, you fit don write cheque keep, to give the kokolet. Whatever it is that made you come to ask this question here, you should be able to make a choice from the varied responses of the majority. That is one.

Two. I do not know what planet or geographical location you are in. Here in Lagos Nigeria, we still dey September. Maybe where you are, na December una dey for dia and maybe you don dey grow bia bia for face like father Christmas cos i see no fvcking reason why a common girlfriend wey never turn fiancee go dey give you that kain condition say if you have tire to blah blah, make you give am 500k to blah. shocked

she dey madt? angry

If na dash you wan dash am, fine. But if you get hope to collect the money back, she must show the business plan mehn. This is business! Business is business, and she must pay with interest! Give am condition, else. . .

No fall hands o.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by MrsChima1(f): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
sexkillz: Mbuk, I don't know how you make your money and how easy it comes. The choice is yours to make. No matter what anyone says, what you want to do, is what you will eventually do. As a matter of fact sef, you fit don write cheque keep, to give the kokolet. Whatever it is that made you come to ask this question here, you should be able to make a choice from the varied responses of the majority. That is one.

Two. I do not know what planet or geographical location you are in. Here in Lagos Nigeria, we still dey September. Maybe where you are, na December una dey for dia and maybe you don dey grow bia bia for face like father Christmas cos i see no fvcking reason why a common girlfriend wey never turn fiancee go dey give you that kain condition say if you have tire to blah blah, make you give am 500k to blah. shocked

she dey madt? angry

If na dash you wan dash am, fine. But if you get hope to collect the money back, she must show the business plan mehn. This is business! Business is business, and she must pay with interest! Give am condition, else. . .

No fall hands o.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Emmy9ite(m): 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
Rich men women use other people's money to work for them. She is tryinq to think like the rich people. If you release that money that is all, na travel thinqz i swear
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
@OP
make her sign a contract that she must REPAY the money, have witnesses/lawyer present, and let her sign the document. if she does, then give her the money. end of story!

if she is not willing to either A) sign the contract or B) does not believe that she should repay the money, then i suggest you find yourself someone who will value your help, rather than someone who sees you as father Xmas.

but then again, after checking your profile name, what would one expect from CHARITY?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by jaybee3(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
Girl says this guy says that bla bla bla bla

It's obvious the guy is only worried because of the size of the investment.
Common sense tells me that the guy should do empower her with a trial run with a smaller investment and see how she performs.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
After when the girl come dey do 'one kind, one kind'

You would now come here and say this:

"nigerian girls are gold diggers, They are materialistic, they are prostyies and ashies"

Mtchew!

No be you dey show your talent now with girl, if you no show the girl say you get and you no too smart, how the girl no go get bold mind ask you for #500,000 without business proposal or anything.
Which kind of girl be that self
undecided

If you give the girl the money just like that
you are on your own!
angry
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
jay bee: Girl says this guy says that bla bla bla bla

It's obvious the guy is only worried because of the size of the investment.
Common sense tells me that the guy should do empower her with a trial run with a smaller investment and see how she performs.

Its not about the size of the investment

dont you get it, how can you not confide in someone you are in a relationship with of an idea or hint of a business you want him to give you #500,000 or whatever for

Isn't that not enough to even make you wonder self undecided

I really don't support you giving that girl a dime till you have a hint, no matter how many years una don dey!
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by jaybee3(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
AmBeautiful:

Its not about the size of the investment

dont you get it, how can you not confide in someone you are in a relationship with of an idea or [b]hint of a business [/b]you want him to give you #500,000 or whatever for

Isn't that not enough to even make you wonder self undecided

I really don't support you giving that girl a dime till you have a hint, no matter how many years una don dey!
What else could she be possibly doing at a shop if none other than buying and selling.

Men should learn to empower serious g/f's, wives so the issue of bring bring bring wouldn't always be the other of the day.
Yes it's advisable for the girl to come up with a plan but sometimes over analysing risks usually stops us from taking that step.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
jay bee:
What else could she be possibly doing at a shop if none other than buying and selling.

Men should learn to empower serious g/f's, wives so the issue of bring bring bring wouldn't always be the other of the day.
Yes it's advisable for the girl to come up with a plan but sometimes over analysing risks usually stops us from taking that step.

i am totally in support of empowerment 100%

But it should be done wisely

Giving her money without even a hint, except for the word 'shop' and [b]"i reject failure in Jesus name"[/b]is simply not it!

Don't you realize that some people just want to do business cos their friends are doing it and at the end of the day the business wont even do too well in terms of profit.

I think knowing a little details wont cause any harm, at least even if the business fails you knew what it was.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by jaybee3(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
AmBeautiful:

i am totally in support of empowerment 100%

But it should be done wisely

Giving her money without even a hint, except for the word 'shop' and [b]"i reject failure in Jesus name"[/b]is simply not it!

Don't you realize that some people just want to do business cos their friends are doing it and at the end of the day the business wont even do too well in terms of profit.

I think knowing a little details wont cause any harm, at least even if the business fails you knew what it was.
Yes you are right but the OP's grievance is probably more to do with the value of the investment rather than the attitude.
He has always been comfortable with doling out money with little or no questions asked so why is this any different if he can afford it.

Let him speak to her on his concerns and his preference if she isn't overly comfortable with having to do a business plan because her hubby/bf wants to empower her.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by omosexy1: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
@ Poster I don't know it this case relates to you. However, you have to remove emotions from this and treat it like an investment. Remember the Golden rule to investing - "If you anticipate a loss then don't invest". If your girl-friend has no plan, then she is ready bound to fail. Even if she knows what to do with the money, she must have a business and strategic plan and you as an investor have to review and scrutinize the plan for any poor indicators.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Yes you are right but the OP's grievance is probably more to do with the value of the investment rather than the attitude.
He has always been comfortable with doling out money with little or no questions asked so why is this any different if he can afford it.

Yes it is very painful to believe someone is being completely honest and sincere, but seems to be blind to the possibility of failure.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Mynd44: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
The girl has seen a maga.
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by charity00: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
If your girl-friend has no plan, then she is ready bound to fail. Even if she knows what to do with the money,

Well the answer that always gets thrown up in guy's face is that there are other girls who don't have formal business plans (or for that matter, much of a formal education) who have businesses. And the shops are there, but as was posted earlier, are they being subsidized by the guy throwing good money after bad so the girl can enjoy the prestige of being a shop owner?

Or are some of these stalls in markets actually successful on their own?
Re: Should I Guy Give His Girl 500k To Open A Shop On Blind Faith? by Martini101(m): 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
By this time next year, 500k 'll be just one wrap of 5k! Bros. Convince urself on what to do cos i think u re even considering giving it to her wit in this her present character!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? / 9 Steps To Be A Great Kisser / Different Types Of Banks (girls) In Nigeria;;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.