Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC (14656 Views)

APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) / Aisha Buhari, Ambode, Tinubu At A Wedding Ceremony In Lagos / Did You Watch Tinubu At The Lagos Apc Presidential Rally Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Willzkid(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Go back to the romance/gossip/Nollywood section. It is the contribution of folks like you that are "pathetic".
Hypocrite..I wonder which of your faces you see, when you look in the mirror
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Akins02324(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Are u sure these people are not CIA agents?
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Nuzo1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
Heard the fine dude paid $5k for the invitation. Is this true?
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by emmasege: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
He also did not hear hear that candidates were selected by Bill Clinton. Can we pls know which ACN state funded this trip?. Why go "watch" a party where there is internal democracy when u neither believe nor practise such?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by prettyboi1(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
caseless: Op, nice one! America wil giv u democracy nd xpkt u 2 practice it xactly like dem 4getin d difrnce in cultur,envirnmnt etc, we'r havin wit dem. Demo'cy shld b practiced in tune 2 how it woks 4 us nd not how d US deem it fit.Wat woks dere myt not work here

God Bless you my brother. I couldn't have said it any better than you just did. That's what I always tell people "The reason why Nigeria & Africa as a whole are in shambles is that we always want to copy the Americans & Europeans & we look down on our own heritages & culture which thereby results in a conflict of cultures that leaves us in perpetual failure in almost all areas of our lives as a people. Be it governance,education,sports,music,health etc. We always want to copy tooth & nail without filtering it to balance with our own culture,heritage & lifestyle as Nigerians & Africans."
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by emmasege: 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nuzo':
Heard the fine dude paid $5k for the invitation. Is this true?

E better not be true?, just to add to his political CV and convince/confuse the weak minds that he's a democrat?
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Rossikk(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
1. Asiwaju did not hear that any Governor of the states controlled by the Democratic Party is in permanent financial bondage to Bill Clinton.

2. Asiwaju did not hear that Governors of the Democratic Party have ever collectively used taxpayers’ money to fund Bill Clinton’s birthday celebrations.

3. Asiwaju did not hear that companies owned by Bill Clinton or in which Bill Clinton has substantial interest somehow manage to corner most of the contracts in states controlled by Governors of the Democratic Party. He did not hear that Bill Clinton’s companies are operating concessions and toll gates in any state controlled by the Democrats.

That he ''didn't hear'' doesn't mean it doesn't happen. THE USA IS THE WORLD LEADER IN POLITICAL PATRONAGE OF CORPORATE INTERESTS. THE WRITER MUST BE LIVING IN A CAVE NOT TO REALISE THIS, OR IS BRAINWASHED BY THE US MEDIA'S WHITEWASHING OF REALITY.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by sheyguy: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
Delafruita:
your sickness is getting worse.your obsession with tinubu is beginning to transfor into insanity.whether you like it or not,tinubu is a private citizen without any political power.that is one of the reasons i support fiscal federalism.let all states generate their own revenue and apply it as they wish.then you will see what the southwest will become.the government at the central is holding us back with its pitiful handling of the nigerian project.
when jonathan installed the governor of bayelsa,i didnt hear you complaining.when he installed the pdp chairman,i didnt hear you complain.when obasanjo installed oyinlola,oni,ladoja,akala,agagu,daniel......it was the poor westerners that suffered the consequences
.now that people like fashola,oshiomole,ajimobi,amosun,aregbesola,fayemi have been foisted on us,did we complain to you?the "installed" governors of the ACN are far better than the products of PDP.if installation will continue to guarantee us this sort of progress,then we shhould perhaps start practicing it at the federal lever and even include it in our constituition
Thank you for the part in bold. Let the our ethnic cyber-politicians realize their arguements are dead on arrival. BTW, SW was better off when we had zero ties with 'Oyel' and rest of Nigeria, western Nigeria has the right to regroup under the a solid ACN set up. ACN is not a SW party, they only happen to have the SW under their belt.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by fatadis: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
I don't think Tinubu is as corrupt as most nairalanders paint him. Firstly he was a successful professional with mobil b4 joining politics, he was suppose to be next MD/CEO of mobil before he quits.
Secondly Tinubu is the most investigated politician in the recent times, The PDP led govt would have nailed him if there exist any concrete evidence to do that, he is a major threat to PDP govt. Why is that they cannot silence him since all dis days, think about it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by hammedkola(m): 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
Politics practiced here in Nigeria is not the same practiced in America,

We are practicing our culture here in Nigeria, so even though he was present at the speech presentation, what he will name is child is already in him.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by 3kay945(m): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
caseless: Op, nice one! America wil giv u democracy nd xpkt u 2 practice it xactly like dem 4getin d difrnce in cultur,envirnmnt etc, we'r havin wit dem. Demo'cy shld b practiced in tune 2 how it woks 4 us nd not how d US deem it fit.Wat woks dere myt not work here

in other words...?
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by viktor556(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
Maxymilliano: Bros Gbawe, i was expecting you to laud the author of the article for such well thought provoking write up which is the norm for you but this time around, you never did.

I was expecting you to also make fruitful contributions to either correct or concur with the substance of the article itself but you never did, but you rather picked on an harmless opinion of a contributor.

Why wld anybody join issue with gbawe of all pple.......d is a fo*l...gbawe spewing poo all d time
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by kpolli(m): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
See how he is standing n clapping while others are sitting n listening. . . Must he embarrass Naija? angry angry angry
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by keyremotes(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
Delafruita:
forgive my gross idiocy.i thought Bisi Akande was the CHAIRMAN of the ACN.

i dont know when been "in and out of court" automatically became a verdict of guilt.

you suprise me with your reasoning.so because thieves like anenih and co enjoy the cover of the government at the central which shields them from any consequence of their wrongdoing and lets them enjoy their look,they are more innocent than tinubu who has actuallly faced numerous investigations and court trials and been given a clean bill.unless of course,you intend to tell me that the pdp led government is so inadequate it cant properly prosecute its major political albatross whose conviction would solve a lot of its problems

Are you paying mind to the fool called PointB? Tinubu is the chairman of ACN

Stupidity comes in different packages but the one in PointB must be the bumper package
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Dukeofgarri: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
pro01: In spite of the bottomless pit of money this Oju kokoro thief has amassed for himself, see the yeye oversize 'coat' wey e dey wear. Bushman. All the money in the world can't buy you style.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Dukeofgarri: 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you paying mind to the fool called PointB? Tinubu is the chairman of ACN

Stupidity comes in different packages but the one in PointB must be the bumper package
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by anonimi: 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
Delafruita: it is indeed pitiful that a person would sit at his computer and write gibberish as long as this.[size=13pt]it is even more pitiful when the person decides to compare a democracy of almost 300years with one of just 13years.[/size]

So we should also take 300 years to develop our democracy Meanwhile the US is even less than 250 years old since independence from Britain not taking into account their civil war over slavery.
More importantly, Nigeria was FULLY democratic earlier than the US as every Nigerian, male or female irrespective of tribe or region had the right to vote just before independence in 1960. The US only allowed blacks to vote after the civil rights struggles in early 60s led by MLK.

if i may ask,when asiwaju was championing the cause of fiscal federalism,where were you?asiwaju was the first person in nigeria to advocate for state police.where were you at that time?when he brought up the idea of municipalities to be created out of local governments so as to aid development at the grassroot,where were you?

Tinubu is a hypocrite who understands the gullibility of his dog-matic followers very well.
How has he championed all the blah, blah, blah you wrote above Has he instructed the more than 25% ACN legisLOOTERs in the NASS to ensure these clauses are included in the ongoing constitution amendment?
Make una dey there dey jump up & down for una hero in true disciple-sheep manner!
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by henrysam(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu did not hear that Bill Clinton own a den as huge as the Den of the Lion of Bourdillon at Ikoyi

He did not hear than Bill Clinton 'anointed' Obama

He did not hear that Obama must be answerable and loyal to him personally

He did not see Bill Clinton playing God to Obama

More........
This just about African culture, black mentality and politics of poverty. It is embedded in us. Most of us will do same if we have the opportunity. Its only God that can make a black man be contented with what he has.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by PointB: 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
Deleted
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
This gbawe guy is the biggest fool on nairaland. You can imagine the fool defending a renowned thief, it goes to show that he is a criminal on a large scale. When I see some igbo folks critising T A Orgi and co I begin to wonder if really they are what people paint them to be. Even hausas defended mutallab......to cut the story short gbawe is a standard fool.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by PointB: 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Ogbeni, your rant is fooling no one. You are a bigoted and paranoid fool. You are a hatefully indoctrinated suwegbe addled hopelessly with inferiority complex to the extent you follow others around and only show an imbecilic capacity to define and limit your identity here to that of someone only able to speak as a response to what others say.

When you are not doing that, you are peddling idiocy, division and clannishness here. Man mi, you are a sad cretin fighting a losing battle. The Yorubas are a valuable and respected part of Nigeria despite the vindictive, hateful and malevolent hatred that makes fool like you obsess about them. Better to deal with whatever you think Yoruba folks did to you and your people than counter to nurse some malevolent notion of revennge and "getting even" to the extent you and your ilk are only ever passionately abusive when talking about Yoruba people. The Yorubas, and Gbawe, are not going anywhere soon. Loser. Stop being such a bit.c.h and get a life.

Is it stup!dity, crass ignorance, or living up to your billing as resident hypocrite to reduce a major ethnic group, with great tradition, to an avaricious, evil nit-wit, whose stock in trade is blackmail, forgery, blatant frauds - Tinubu. If Tinubu is the best that yoruba could bring forward to represent them, then I surmise, the whole tribe need to go back to school. Folk like Tinubu, are tainted goods, and should have no place in civil society. There are better of in jails. Fortunately, real Yoruba's are smarter than some of the thugs, and Agberos running around shamelessly, a parading themselves as Asiwaju (frontline) Yorubas. That thugs, and jobless cyber idi.ots, such as yourself, who are ethnically bigoted beyond redemption, are cheerleaders of Tinubu, shows the depth of derangement, tribalism, and ethnic bigotry, can send those who should know better. A sad and sorry case such as yours is a classic example of how education has failed it benefactor. Any education that turns a full grown, adult into Tinubu zombie, is a curse!

But you are too sad, confused, and hateful, to understand that. The way you shamelessly stroll around the forum branding every opinion against your god - Tinubu, as ethnically motivated, indeed is a reflection of your sadistic upbringing. To the extent that folks from the region who detest Tinubu for the criminal he is, are not spare from your tags.

Now to your your pathetic attempt to classify and reclassify me, agbero, na you sabi. I don't give a rat-ar'se what idi.ot and sick, and hate driven fellows like gbawe, his ilk, or anyone think about my activity (or lack of it) on nairaland. But your legendary inability to understand this simple cyber principle of compactmentalisng would always be your pitfall. Gbawe, for the umpteenth time, I don't give a damn about your opinion of me. You need to learn that this cyber, posting in other to be accepted, or applauded are for fellows who are lacking love in real life, folks like you. Bragging about intelligence, and showmanship is for pathetic wimps -folks like you. That you are attempting to compile and analyse my posts, is an ample evidence of your joblessness and lack of real life activity. I wonder what meaning life will hold for you, when I am to busy to visit Nairaland. Perhaps, without folks like me, you would have been bored to death. Consider me then God sent, you pathetic ethnically bigoted, Tinubu ar'se licking, hateful mongrel. Resident hypocrite, and AC.N lapdog #1.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Gbawe: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
lucenzo: This gbawe guy is the biggest fool on nairaland. You can imagine the fool defending a renowned thief, it goes to show that he is a criminal on a large scale. When I see some igbo folks critising T A Orgi and co I begin to wonder if really they are what people paint them to be. Even hausas defended mutallab......to cut the story short gbawe is a standard fool.

Another hateful bigot who cannot overcome the indoctrination from his home. Look, the Yorubas, even if you are from their direct family, recognise you as an 'Omoluabi' or a cad. They will then deal with you accordingly. On this forum, who are the biggest critics of Yorubas like OBJ, Okupe, Abati, Bankole, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, George et al?

We do not remain here hypocritically seeing the speck in the eyes of others while ignoring the boulders in our own eyes. A vacuous fool like you would not understand what that is about with how you unintelligently conclude this to be about the defence of a "renowned thief".

Olodos like you are ruining this forum and your lack of political sophistication and crass clannishness is ruining Nigeria in general. It is hollow and a measure of your indoctrination in hatred and hypocrisy that you all mention Tinubu here as a thief in a nation where most leaders, including very many of yours , are thieves. Some add murder, mayhem, terrorism, militancy to their theft but god forbid you ever mention them with the same malevolence you reserve for a man who, even if not perfect, has comparatively and cumulatively delivered more positives than most others given the reality of Nigeria. You are a clown. Another cretin long on hate but short on everything else.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Gbawe: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
PointB:

Is it stup!dity, crass ignorance, or living up to your billing as resident hypocrite to reduce a major ethnic group, with great tradition, to an avaricious, evil nit-wit, whose stock in trade is blackmail, forgery, blatant fraud - Tinubu. If Tinubu is the best that yoruba could bring forward to represent them, then I surmise, the whole tribe need to go back to school. Folk like Tinubu, are tainted good, and should have no in civil society. There are better of in jails. Fortunately, real Yoruba's are smarter than some of the thugs, and Agberos running around shamelessly, a parading themselves as frontline Yorubas. That thugs, and jobless cyber idi.ots, such are yourself, who are ethnically bigoted beyond redemption, are cheerleaders of Tinubu, shows the depth derangement tribalism, and ethnic bigotry, can send those who should know better. A sad and sorry case such as your is a classic example of how education have failed it benefactor. Any education that turns a full grown, adult into Tinubu zombie, is a curse!

But you are too sad, confused, and hateful, to understand that. The way you shameless stroll around the forum branding every opinion against your god - Tinubu, as ethnically motivated, indeed in a reflection of your upbringing. To the extent that folks from the region who detest Tinubu for the criminal he is, are not spare from your tags.

Now to your your pathetic attempt to classify and reclassify me, agbero, na you sabi. I don't give a rat-ass what idi.ot and sick, and hate driven fellow like gbawe, his ilk, or anyone think about my activity (or lack of it). But your legendary inability to understand this simple cyber principle of compactmentalisng would always be your pitfall. Gbawe, for the umpteenth time, I don't give a damn about it. You need to learn that this cyber, posting in other to be accepted, or applauded are for fellows who are lacking love in real life, folks like you. Bragging about intelligence, and showmanship is for pathetic wimps -folks like you. That you are attempting to compile and analyse my posts, is an ample evidence of your joblessness and lack of real life activity. I wonder what meaning life will hold for you, when I am to busy to visit Nairaland. Perhaps, without folks like me, you would have been bored to death. Consider me then God sent, you pathetic ethnically bigoted, Tinubu ar'se licking, hateful mongrel. Resident hypocrite, and AC.N lapdog #1.

Shut up. Nothing more annoying than your unintelligent and idiotic rants. The entire forum can see you for what you are. A sad, hateful and divisive little man only happy when hatefully and malevolently discussing those from ethnic groups different to yours.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by EkoIle1: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
lucenzo: This gbawe guy is the biggest fool on nairaland. You can imagine the fool defending a renowned thief, it goes to show that he is a criminal on a large scale. When I see some igbo folks critising T A Orgi and co I begin to wonder if really they are what people paint them to be. Even hausas defended mutallab......to cut the story short gbawe is a standard fool.

When you say renowned thief, you are saying the world is aware that he is a thief and its on record that he stole something.

Now, can you please tell US what he stole, how much, where he stole it from and when.

Only mad and insane people day things that they know is not true and also can not back up... So since I'm 100% sure you can not come up with anything, you are mad and insane. This is why we laugh at you clowns every time you make these reta.rded statements..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by PointB: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Shut up. Nothing more annoying than your unintelligent and idiotic rants. The entire forum can see you for what you are. A sad, hateful and divisive little man only happy when hatefully and malevolently discussing those from ethnic groups different to yours.

Entire forum? Lmao. This hypocrite don't get it at all. Your post is a reflection of your true self. Even 'non Nigerians' your shamelessly call to bear you witness, are appalled by your shamelessly hypocrisy.

When they read your posted, they can't help imagine seeing Tinubu, with a whip over your head, while dictating your chore. You are a lost cause.

Retrieve your dignity from Tinubu or remain covered in his stench! Shameless old gay!
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Gbawe: 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
PointB:

Entire forum? Lmao. This hypocrite don't get it at all. Your post is a reflection of your true self. Even 'non Nigerians' your shamelessly call to bear you witness, are appalled by your shamelessly hypocrisy.

When they read your posted, they can't help imagine seeing Tinubu, with a whip over your head, while dictating your chore. You are a lost cause.

Retrieve your dignity from Tinubu or remain covered in his stench! Shameless old gay!

This is what you enjoy. Squaring up to those you feel inferior to with the anonymity cyberspace affords. Look, your writing shows what you are. A paranoid loser with a life wasted by the indoctrination that leads you to blame others for your own deficiencies and failures. Go and fight those who indoctrinated you and made you a worthless and impotent clown. Loser.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by obamasbabe(f): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
I WONDER WETIN TINUBU GO THAT CONVENTION GO TALK.MAYBE HE GO TEACH DEM HOW TO THIEF GOVERNMENT MONEY grin
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by FSU: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
DEVELOPING STORY: How Tinubu Got to DNC’s Convention in North Carolina
Thursday, 06 September 2012 10:22

Sharpedgenews.com in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the Democratic National Committee is holding its 2012 convention, has obtained proof that contrary to news being sold in Nigeria, President Barack Obama did not personally extend what has been dubbed “a gold card invitation” to notable Nigerian politician, Mr. Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

DNC sources irked by the suggestive news reports which is being interpreted that Barack Obama may have extended a preferential invitation to Mr. Tinubu in spite of similar politicians in his native country of Nigeria said that such notion was further from reality as was alleged that the ACN leader

The DNC source explained to sharpedgenews.com that the invite that was given to Tinubu was a generic type that similarly went to whomever donated more than $5,000 to the Obama campaign.

“The invitation card went to Tinubu, the former senator from Nigeria, was generic and it generally goes from the campaign organization and not personally from President Obama,” the highly placed source explained under condition of anonymity.

The source told sharpedgenews.com that it would be difficult for anyone to implicate Obama in attemots at foisting a preferred leadership on Nigeria or Africa as that would negate the philosophy of Washington’s new international engagement.

“Nigerians are capable of determining its destiny,” said the source.

The source said that politicians are free to strategize, while explaining that “it is immoral to deceive anyone that we are who we are not.”

“This gentleman is not like your popular national icon, businessman Moshood Abiola, who was well-grounded and at home with many people in government and private sector. Americans don’t want to be dragged into the affairs of any country through personal preferences. The man probably did what he had to do in order to gain access to the convention ground.”

The former governor of Lagos State has junketed in a private jet from Nigeria to Chicago in Illinois, Tampa in Florida, Washington DC to London and back to Charlotte, North Carolina in the last two weeks. The Reverend Jesse Jackson is seen as his anchor for a book launch and attendance at the DNC convention.

http://www.sharpedgenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=1651&Itemid=23
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by eelvismd(m): 1:50am On Sep 09, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was at the just-concluded convention of the Democratic Party held in Charlotte. Glossy pictures are already circulating in social media. There is one of him clapping excitedly in the audience. There is another of him in an outside pose with one of his men Friday, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state. On the surface, this is a good development. When a man of such enormous influence decides to come and observe and learn from the best democratic practices, the idea – only the idea – should be lauded. But observing and learning from the best practices in the world is an area in which Nigerian leaders and socio-political élite are not in good standing. Therefore, we need to know what Asiwaju and his entourage saw, heard, and learnt in Charlotte.

Indeed, Nigerians are eternally perplexed that the reproduction of modernity and postmodernity has remained rocket science for our political and social élite. Let me explain. If your understanding of the concrete expression of modernity and postmodernity lies in democracy, 21st century infrastructure, advancements in science and technology, and the creation of opportunities and a level playing field for the pursuit of happiness for the citizenry, you will discover that most non-Western societies – Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Dubai – that have achieved parity with or surpassed the West (especially in modern and postmodern infrastructure) have done so in great part by observing and copying.

Indeed, the spread of the developmental and infrastructural aspects of modernity and postmodernity beyond the West is a study in the ability of the excluded to observe, copy, and adapt the end product to local-cultural conditions and circumstances. Aware of the existence of such things in the West, the élite of these societies spent much of the 19th and 20th centuries copying and reproducing them for their own peoples.

A Japanese official sees the French TGV or German ICE (super rapid trains) and begins to think of how to out-perform the French and the Germans by producing a more modern Japanese version of the trains but a Nigerian official sees the same trains in Germany or France and begins to think of how to buy homes in Germany or France in order to spend summer enjoying those trains; a Dubai crown prince sees an architectural wonder in New York (it could be a mall) and rushes back home to the task of constructing something bigger for the people of Dubai but a Nigerian official sees the same mall in New York and hurries home to steal money to come and shop in that mall next summer; a Chinese official sees the German autobahn and hurries home in nationalistic anticipation because better roads must be constructed in China but a Nigerian Governor sees the same autobahn in Germany and begins to make discreet inquiries into how to buy shares in the German company that constructed the said autobahn. If German financial regulations allow him, he will return to Berlin next year with his entire security vote to buy shares in that German company.

The Nigerian élite is incapable of replicating anything they see abroad. What they take back to Nigeria are the worst aspects of Western behaviour. Hence they return to Asokoro or Lekki with their fake amala, akpu, or gworo-coated accents, supercilious airs, and acquired Western consumption patterns. I’ve been in high-end restaurants in Lagos while folks who don’t know the difference between Merlot and Rosé would come in, order wine and cuisine from a menu they can barely read, and discuss their last European vacation loud enough for everybody to hear.

This is all our élite take back to Nigeria when they come here and that is why Nigerians should be very interested in what Asiwaju saw in Charlotte and what he took back home. What did he learn about internal party democracy? What did he learn about the power of ideas over money? What did he learn from the zero violence in back to back conventions? What are his concrete plans to translate such lessons into concrete, verifiable results in his southwest fief in particular and in Nigeria at large? In the same vein, Nigerians should also be interested in the things Asiwaju did not see and did not hear in Charlotte. The list is endless but I’ll limit myself to three:

1. Asiwaju did not hear that any Governor of the states controlled by the Democratic Party is in permanent financial bondage to Bill Clinton.

2. Asiwaju did not hear that Governors of the Democratic Party have ever collectively used taxpayers’ money to fund Bill Clinton’s birthday celebrations.

3. Asiwaju did not hear that companies owned by Bill Clinton or in which Bill Clinton has substantial interest somehow manage to corner most of the contracts in states controlled by Governors of the Democratic Party. He did not hear that Bill Clinton’s companies are operating concessions and toll gates in any state controlled by the Democrats.

Now, over to you. What else do you think Asiwaju did not see or hear in Charlotte?

http://saharareporters.com/column/asiwaju-goes-charlotte-pius-adesanmi

Fresh facts have emerged that Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Bola Tinubu, paid $5000 to obtain the generic invitation from the Democratic Party campaign office, but claimed he was personally invited to attend by President Barack Obama as leader of Nigeria opposition...

Follow the link below for details

http://www.elvisagbonghae.com/2012/09/tinubu-lied-about-obamas-invitation-to.html?spref=fb
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Demdem(m): 3:22am On Sep 09, 2012
Gbawe:

Look, don't approach me with mischief and bitchy conduct. Talk to me man to man and I will respond politely to that style of discussion. How did you expect me to react when you mention "Gbawe" with obvious mischief? Tinubu get's talked about, to the extent some defend him, because of the ethic bigotry and hypocrisy we recognise from others.

Tinubu is no saint and many of us have never argued he is. In fact, majority of those who defend Tinubu here do so because of an innate hatred of unfairness and overt discrimination. Why , for example, does he deserve more vilification than other politicians who birthed militancy, terrorism and other ills now seriously threatening the future of Nigeria?

I believe on focusing on those who hold the offices to make a difference. In the grand scheme of things, Tinubu does not deserve to be talked about anywhere near as much as he is if Nigerians truly understand what matters.

If Tinubu has the power to reduce our recurrent expenditure , that diminishes what is available for capital spendings, then talk about him !!!!

If he is C-in-C and able to secure Nigeria, yet failing to do so, then talk about him !!!

If he deliberately granted marketers licence to undeserving folks who have now scammed Nigeria blind, then talk about the geezer !!!

If he has compounded one of our biggest problems, i.e refining our crude optimally, via conceding refineries into the hands of the ultra-corrupt and worthless NNPC, then talk about him!!!!!!

If all the above are not true about Tinubu, then it is you and other who would be seen as abnormal by non-Nigerians. Not Gbawe who has chosen to focus on those not delivering solutions for Nigeria despite having the office, power and resources to do so.

I agree with this post completely. The more reason why I prefer to focus on the retardeen. What u guys refused to acknowledge is for each of tinubu's alleged excesses a private citizen for that matter, abuja is also indicted.

Don't give me that federal system excuse because what we have is dictatorial federation.
Re: Tinubu At The US Democratic Convention In Charlotte, NC by Demdem(m): 3:37am On Sep 09, 2012
fatadis: I don't think Tinubu is as corrupt as most nairalanders paint him. Firstly he was a successful professional with mobil b4 joining politics, he was suppose to be next MD/CEO of mobil before he quits.
Secondly Tinubu is the most investigated politician in the recent times, The PDP led govt would have nailed him if there exist any concrete evidence to do that, he is a major threat to PDP govt. Why is that they cannot silence him since all dis days, think about it.

I agree with ur post. Tinubu though not a saint, is just cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Use Extra Oil Income To Boost Infrastructure - President Buhari Says / Governor Akeredolu Sings For Wole Soyinka, Others, Performs For Them (Video) / Lagos Sets Up Special Team To Stop Street Begging, Hawking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.