Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East (26874 Views)

Elders Bowing for 17-Year-Old Delta-King Chukwuka-Akaeze I / Five Things We Must Stop Doing As Nigerians / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

shocked
No comment!!

because if i get started!!

na war! grin

Not trying to be cruel... But Religion is uncivilized...That is what destroyed Africa.

Just read up on the history of Christianity and Islam.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
^^^^abrahamic religion to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

stop making repeated base statements. Africa is in such astate now due to colonialism nd its effects and christianiyt & islam puling us backward.

why worship something that isnt real? who says it isnt real? infact it isnt real, it is above real. it is surreal.

you fellows are so narrow. you believe something only when you touch and see it. very materialistic i say. .

LMFAO!!!Do you not know introducing of organized religion in Africa? Aren't you African yourself?

African is not in the state it is just because of colonization. Northeast Africa was fine even Islam came along and made it ass backwards. Many non Islamic structures were destroyed. Islam is backwards religion and its stone age! Also I hear in Mali many Timbuktu structures are being destroyed, because they are "NON ISLAMIC"!

Christianity(European) isn't even native to Africa. They were forced on you by the colonizers. If I were African I wouldn't dare follow Christianity! Christianity was forced on Africans. And now Africans are repeating what those savage Europeans did when they thought someone was a witch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5qYhmf-boE&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dafricans%2Bburning%2Bwitch%26oq%3Dafricans%2Bburning%2Bwitch%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3...142.518.0.948.3.3.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1ac.1.

Christianity is just as barbaric as Islam. My statements are not base and I am not narrow minded.. You just can't handle the truth. There is no proof that God exist. If so than who created him? The Universe has no beginning or ending, the Universe is "God".

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
^^^^^^^you are confused and deluded. i agree with your above post 100%. all that i dont agree with is your views as to the existence of Spiritual Forces and the SPiritual Realm.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
Religion sucks.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Silkmoth33: Religion sucks.

dont let the abrahamists misguide you. your generalization hurts the sentiment of the innocent. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
Oh! And christianity, is nothing but a cult.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by JallowBah(f): 12:05am On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

just shut up ok. SHUT UP!

did i say only arabs are muslim??!!! I AM DISCUSING ONLY ABOUT ARABS HERE! angry angry angry angry

95% OF WHOM ARE MUSLIMS!

just shut up ok! I WONT REPLY TO YOU! SO JUST SHUT UP!

Then you should put that in the postsmiley
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^you are confused and deluded. i agree with your above post 100%. all that i dont agree with is your views as to the existence of Spiritual Forces and the SPiritual Realm.

First off I am not confuse and far from deluded. I believe bible thumpers are deluded.

I know that you are Pegan and all and I respect that. I respect Pegan religions, because they have done less harm to the world. But IMO religion is useless..

Is there a Spiritual Realm? We don't know what happens after death.. So until then I am saying most likely not.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
KingMichael777:

First off I am not confuse and far from deluded. I believe bible thumpers are deluded.

I know that you are Pegan and all and I respect that. I respect Pegan religions, because they have done less harm to the world. But IMO religion is useless..

Is there a Spiritual Realm? We don't know what happens after death.. So until then I am saying most likely not.

good. atleast you respect us. that is all i need. i will not force you to my religion. you keep to yourselves and we keep to ours.

we believe there is a Spirutal Realm, an intangible dimension, wheras you do not. the end.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

stop name-calling and answer. i know you dont have a proper answer to this. next time think twice before trying to argue with PAGAN 9JA, the one and only. . cool

lol i already answered it.
that is the issue.

that is why you get called names.
you don't think, you only talk, talk, and then talk some more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
KingMichael777:

LMFAO!!![size=18pt]Do you not know introducing of organized religion in Africa?[/size] Aren't you African yourself?

African is not in the state it is just because of colonization. Northeast Africa was fine [size=18pt]even Islam came along and made it ass backwards. Many non Islamic structures were destroyed. Islam is backwards religion and its stone age! Also I hear in Mali many Timbuktu structures are being destroyed, because they are "NON ISLAMIC"![/size]

Christianity(European) isn't even native to Africa. They were forced on you by the colonizers. If I were African I wouldn't dare follow Christianity! Christianity was forced on Africans. And now Africans are repeating what those savage Europeans did when they thought someone was a witch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5qYhmf-boE&oref=http%3A%2F

Christianity is just as barbaric as Islam
. My statements are not base and I am not narrow minded.. You just can't handle the truth. There is no proof that God exist. If so than who created him? The Universe has no beginning or ending, the Universe is "God".

Although I have my own personal gripe with you (tho minor grin)

I CO-SIGN 1000% cool

In Somalia, there is a video of ancient Somali tombs being vandalized and destroyed by Al Shabaab militants. And as you said the same scenario has been and still is being played throughout Africa.

Black people spend so much time being angry at Europeans but fail to realize that the introduction of Arab culture aka Islam was the first critical blow to African ways of live and standards of living. In fact the same can be said for Europe as well as they too felt the wrath of the Arab imperialists.

This western vs. islamic war? This is NOT NEW!!

The introduction of Islam and Christianity to other lands was a competition...a set up for an inevitable battle of who deserves to call the shots. Its not about serving God. TRUST ME.

In fact to many Arabs, "African Muslims" are not considered legit due to the fact that many still uphold and abide by their old traditions of dance, song, and belief in spiritual deities...their entire culture according to Islam is primitive and haraam. What does that say??

"In the name of Jesus", my ancestors were packed on ships.
"In the name of Allah" their predecessors were marched to the middle east to serve as slaves.

"Save these heathens in the name of God" my foot! grin
It's a competition and quest for world dominance. That is all.

Yeah, I believe in rubbing of minds, and enlightenment. The sharing of ideas, trading philosophies is probably the best thing that could occur within our species. I encourage it. Trading however, is not the same as FORCING.

I am upset at the way in which it happened as far as RELIGION goes. Though it has happened the problem is many Africans KNOW the truth. They KNOW better but still don't do better. So they refuse to learn their lesson and now want to take up issues that do not concern them.

WTF are "African muslims" doing trying to create chaos over a movie most of them didn't even know existed until the Arabs started bitching? LOL.

In the words of Royal, "GTFOH fam". grin

We survived sooo many attempts to eradicate who we are and even our existence PROVING we are a strong race and look at what we continue to do..smh.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
KingMichael777:

Not trying to be cruel... But Religion is uncivilized...That is what destroyed Africa.

naw i feel you 100 percent.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
JallowBah:

I am just calling you out on your mistakes.
Christians cover up as well, even to this day.

true!!

listen Jallow & others I am not sure if you are Muslim or not
but if I offend you in my rants, please let me know.

That is not my aim, but I am just telling it like I see it as far as the introduction of the religion to various parts of the world...BY FORCE
This is not about black or white for me, but about facts and truths...rights and wrongs.

Every race has blood on their hands when it comes to the Christianity/Judaism vs Islam
ordeal. I am ranting because of the toll it has taken on Africa and the fact that
people ignore facts.

If you are Muslim or Christian and you live your life the "right way" by minding your own
and loving your God/Self/Neighbors then its cool. I am not talking about you,
I am talking about the extremists..the "us against them" folks.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by JallowBah(f): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
BelaMorena:

true!!

listen Jallow & others I am not sure if you are Muslim or not
but if I offend you in my rants, please let me know.

That is not my aim, but I am just telling it like I see it as far as the introduction of the religion to various parts of the world...BY FORCE
This is not about black or white for me, but about facts and truths...rights and wrongs.

Every race has blood on their hands when it comes to the Christianity/Judaism vs Islam
ordeal. I am ranting because of the toll it has taken on Africa and the fact that
people ignore facts.

If you are Muslim or Christian and you live your life the "right way" by minding your own
and loving your God/Self/Neighbors then its cool. I am not talking about you,
I am talking about the extremists..the "us against them" folks.

I agree with you here. The "be like us or we will kill you" is never good, no matter which religion is bringing it.
No share your religion in a peaceful way? Absolutely, go right a head.
Have respect for others religious views, and not mock it? Necessary.

As long as people treat others with respect and kindness, and try to show love instead of hate, I do not give a damn what they call their god(s) or not.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

good. atleast you respect us. that is all i need. i will not force you to my religion. you keep to yourselves and we keep to ours.

we believe there is a Spirutal Realm, an intangible dimension, wheras you do not. the end.

Fine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
BelaMorena:

I CO-SIGN 1000% cool

In Somalia, there is a video of ancient Somali tombs being vandalized and destroyed by Al Shabaab militants. And as you said the same scenario has been and still is being played throughout Africa.

Black people spend so much time being angry at Europeans but fail to realize that the introduction of Arab culture aka Islam was the first critical blow to African ways of live and standards of living. In fact the same can be said for Europe as well as they too felt the wrath of the Arab imperialists.

The introduction of Islam and Christianity to other lands was a competition...a set up for an inevitable battle of who deserves to call the shots. Its not about serving God. TRUST ME.

In fact to many Arabs, "African Muslims" are not considered legit due to the fact that many still uphold and abide by their old traditions of dance, song, and belief in spiritual deities...their entire culture according to Islam is primitive and haraam. What does that say??

"In the name of Allah" their predecessors were marched to the middle east to serve as slaves.

Yeah, I believe in rubbing of minds, and enlightenment. The sharing of ideas, trading philosophies is probably the best thing that could occur within our species. I encourage it. Trading however, is not the same as FORCING.

I am upset at the way in which it happened as far as RELIGION goes. Though it has happened the problem is many Africans KNOW the truth. They KNOW better but still don't do better. So they refuse to learn their lesson and now want to take up issues that do not concern them.

WTF are "African muslims" doing trying to create chaos over a movie most of them didn't even know existed until the Arabs started bitching? LOL.

We survived sooo many attempts to eradicate who we are and even our existence PROVING we are a strong race and look at what we continue to do..smh.

Agreed...
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by TerryCarr(m): 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
KingMichael777:

African stupidity and greed destroyed Africa
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
TerryCarr: African stupidity and greed destroyed Africa

But organized Religion was one of them.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
JallowBah:

I agree with you here. [size=18pt]The "be like us or we will kill you"[/size] is never good, no matter which religion is bringing it.
No share your religion in a peaceful way? Absolutely, go right a head.
Have respect for others religious views, and not mock it? Necessary.

As long as people treat others with respect and kindness, and try to show love instead of hate, I do not give a damn what they call their god(s) or not.

that is exactly what i am saying.
manipulation and forcing is not cool.
that is not what i mean by exchange of ideas. in that aspect, i agree with fula.
but his being western AND islamic and pretending that he is "all around african" on the flip side i what i can't stand.

the denial factor on both sides is what annoys me.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
KingMichael777:

the ignorance of the locals is the root of the problem,
but as you and i are saying the introduction of organized religion DEFINITELY was the icing on the cake. From then there was no going back.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
KingMichael777:

hey why do you keep saying organized religion cant Pagans/Buddhists, etc. be orgainized why do you underestimate our capabilities of become organised and developed. Ancient Geek Religion was quite organized and today Hinduism/Buddhism are the 3rd & 4th largest religions in the world (combined, they are almost close in demographics to islam), and they are extremely organized with comitties, boards, organizations, etc., for their religious activities. its not just you, i have noticed this among many Nairalanders. it is like you fellows are perpetually scared to say "Abrahamist Religions".
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
BelaMorena:

lol i already answered it.
that is the issue.

that is why you get called names.
you don't think, you only talk, talk, and then talk some more.

PAGAN 9JA:

you dumb ar$E! I AM TALKING ABOUT JESUS AND YOU GO RANTING ABOUT GENESIS,ETC... [size=32pt]WHY IS JESUS IN THE QURAAN, IF IT IS NOT DERIVED FROM CHRISTIANITY[/size]??!!! angry angry angry angry ANSWER ME! angry

since you are too cheap to buy a decent pair of spectacles, i have enlarged the letters for you. .
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

the ignorance of the locals is the root of the problem,
but as you and i are saying the introduction of organized religion DEFINITELY was the icing on the cake. From then there was no going back.

Yep!
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

hey why do you keep saying organized religion cant Pagans/Buddhists, etc. be orgainized why do you underestimate our capabilities of become organised and developed. Ancient Geek Religion was quite organized and today Hinduism/Buddhism are the 3rd & 4th largest religions in the world (combined, they are almost close in demographics to islam), and they are extremely organized with comitties, boards, organizations, etc., for their religious activities. its not just you, i have noticed this among many Nairalanders. it is like you fellows are perpetually scared to say "Abrahamist Religions".

When I refer to organized religion. I refer to the 3 major ones which are Christianity, Islam and Judaism..
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
TerryCarr: African stupidity and greed destroyed Africa

Wrong my friend, the ignorant, incompetent selfish Western Puppet leaders destroyed Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 17, 2012
pagan's stupiidity is embarassing.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 2:40am On Sep 17, 2012
BelaMorena:

I CO-SIGN 1000% cool

Well I am not going to say anything about Arabs because I do not want to be judged, but some Arabs sometimes like to think of themselves as the only "true" Muslims. It is hypocritical to do so because in the end we are all judged. If one wants to be a true upholder of any religion, they must treat others as equals and as their brothers/sisters.

Someone who truly practices their faith will never feel as if they are superior to another human being. False self-entitlement can lead someone to disaster.

As far as Somalians go, according to our dear friend Ayanle/Warya/Somalia3/Somalia4/Somalia5, etc. etc. etc. whatever name he uses on here, Somalians don't want to associate themselves with other Africans (not that I care), he personally would rather be Arab or Indian before being an African.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 17, 2012
Fulaman198:

Well I am not going to say anything about Arabs because I do not want to be judged, but some Arabs sometimes like to think of themselves as the only "true" Muslims. It is hypocritical to do so because in the end we are all judged. If one wants to be a true upholder of any religion, they must treat others as equals and as their brothers/sisters.

Someone who truly practices their faith will never feel as if they are superior to another human being. False self-entitlement can lead someone to disaster.

As far as Somalians go, according to our dear friend Ayanle/Warya/Somalia3/Somalia4/Somalia5, etc. etc. etc. whatever name he uses on here, Somalians don't want to associate themselves with other Africans (not that I care), he personally would rather be Arab or Indian before being an African.

lol @ etc etc etc grin

but yeah, i was reading a blog by a jamaican muslimah and she was describing the racism within islam in her blog. I was shocked to see how many black people (women in particular) felt the same way as her but suffered in silence....in fact i will brb.

i will find the link

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by sambos994(m): 3:01am On Sep 17, 2012
smh...darn shame

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 17, 2012
Jamerican Muslimah

here is the link to her "testimony":

http://jamericanmuslimah./2011/01/17/to-be-a-black-convert-muslim-female/

lol offtopic grin while searching for that link i ran into another.
i had no idea there was a jamo restaurant in saudi arabia grin grin

i know there is a muslim community in jamaica and several mosques on the island but i had no idea a part of us was there too. tongue

this is from JamaicanMuslimah (not sure if they are the same women..i dont think so)

http://jamaicanmuslimah..com/2009/07/authentic-jamaican-foodin-jeddah.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 17, 2012
sambos994: smh...darn shame

indeed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olubadan Of Ibadanland Lands In London In Style. Photos / Olubadan's Wife, Kudirat Aduke Is Dead / Turbaning Ceremony Of Hon Chibuike R Amaechi In Duara Kastina (Video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.