Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East (26871 Views)

Elders Bowing for 17-Year-Old Delta-King Chukwuka-Akaeze I / Five Things We Must Stop Doing As Nigerians / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 17, 2012
Before becoming Muslim I was confident and proud of the color of my skin, the texture of my hair, the shape of my nose and of my slave ancestors. How did I move from that to being ashamed of taking off my hijab at sisters’ only events? How could I sit silently as people insulted my skin color or asked me if I was a convert or Muslim? What happened to me?

smh.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 3:09am On Sep 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lol @ etc etc etc grin

but yeah, i was reading a blog by a jamaican muslimah and she was describing the racism within islam in her blog. I was shocked to see how many black people (women in particular) felt the same way as her but suffered in silence....in fact i will brb.

i will find the link

Yah I also heard there are a lot of Jamaican Muslims too smiley
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 17, 2012
Fulaman198:

Yah I also heard there are a lot of Jamaican Muslims too smiley

yeah particularly in the diaspora although there were Africans who were brought to Jamaica during the slave trade who were already Muslim particularly the sahelians. smiley

but there is a muslim community IN Jamaica too.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 3:10am On Sep 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Jamerican Muslimah

here is the link to her "testimony":

http://jamericanmuslimah./2011/01/17/to-be-a-black-convert-muslim-female/

lol offtopic grin while searching for that link i ran into another.
i had no idea there was a jamo restaurant in saudi arabia grin grin

i know there is a muslim community in jamaica and several mosques on the island but i had no idea a part of us was there too. tongue

this is from JamaicanMuslimah (not sure if they are the same women..i dont think so)

http://jamaicanmuslimah..com/2009/07/authentic-jamaican-foodin-jeddah.html

Good find
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 3:10am On Sep 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

yeah particularly in the diaspora although there were Africans who were brought to Jamaica during the slave trade who were already Muslim particularly the sahelians. smiley

That's very true

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 17, 2012
Jamaican-Canadian discussing Islam in Jamaica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WACnCXiG1ew
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 3:16am On Sep 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Jamaican-Canadian discussing Islam in Jamaica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WACnCXiG1ew

I see, so Jamaican Muslims are kind of like American Christians, meaning they are Muslim by faith/upbringing but they don't really practice it. Like if you ask most Americans what they are, a lot of them will tell you they are Catholic (Italian and Irish), Christian (a lot of Americans), but in reality they actually are not hardcore practitioners like what you see in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 17, 2012
Fulaman198:

I see, so Jamaican Muslims are kind of like American Christians, meaning they are Muslim by faith/upbringing but they don't really practice it. Like if you ask most Americans what they are, a lot of them will tell you they are Catholic (Italian and Irish), Christian (a lot of Americans), but in reality they actually are not hardcore practitioners like what you see in Nigeria.

I guess it depend on the individuals.
I really don't know much about the religions in Jamaica to speak on that.
I think the "free spirited" nature of the island makes it much easier for the Muslims who aren't as strict to be more laid back than say those in North Africa or The Middle East where it's their national "culture".
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 17, 2012
omg her baby is so cute. kiss

i cant believe she is only 20 shocked

she is someone i can reason with.
in fact i plan to. i dont really feel religion like that
and it would be nice to get her perspective. smiley
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 17, 2012
Silkmoth33: Religion sucks.

LOL.

who be dis one? grin
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by somalia5: 2:08am On Sep 19, 2012
the negroids how r u

this place smells of inferiority complex

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olubadan Of Ibadanland Lands In London In Style. Photos / Olubadan's Wife, Kudirat Aduke Is Dead / Turbaning Ceremony Of Hon Chibuike R Amaechi In Duara Kastina (Video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.