Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. (14001 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? / Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: That[b][/b] was quiet a show!a round of applause bt its time some of u take a bow.I never mentioned marriage bt DATING.sorry I couldn't cum thru in da afternoon but here is wat my peers said @ skul wen I asked them regarding this Topic.

Reasons Christians Give For Dating Unbelievers

“If I date them they may come to Christ.”

This old standby is known as Missionary Dating. The logic here is that the unbelieving single girl or single guy the Christian is dating may become saved through their witness. What fuels this popular rationalization is that in very rare instances, this actually does occur.

“My boyfriend (girlfriend) is more moral than other Christians I’ve dated.”

This sad commentary on the evangelical Christian church is in line with findings that show there is no real difference in the sexual behaviour of Christians and unbelievers. For example, they find that 55% of Christian teens have sexual intercourse by the age of 18. We can only assume that this number rises as single Christians get older and have more opportunities.

“There are no available Christians in my church or area.”

We got this one alot. Either all the good Christian men or women are taken, or the only available single ones are geeks or whackos. I’m sure you’ve met a few of these, right?

Christians Struggling With Dating Unbelievers

If you are a single Christian struggling with this issue, take courage! We are certainly not judging anyone because most of us have already been through it. Listen, the Lord deeply loves you, but wants you to make decisions that will make Him proud and prosper you at the same time. So think about and pray over the following points before making any dating decisions in this area.

God Keeps His Promises

That means He will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches. (Phil. 4:19, Psalms 37:4). Surrender to Him as you wait expectantly on Him. You will not be disappointed, but remember he makes things all beautiful in His time, not yours. Can you handle that?

Why Settle for Second Best?

Yes, there are some nice people out in the world who are more moral and cuter than some Christians you know. So what? The fact is there are multiple thousands of godly, attractive and passionate Christian singles waiting on God for the same thing you are. Got faith?

Remember What God Says

Don’t mean to be preachy, but I tend to conveniently avoid those parts of the Bible that go against what I am planning to do. So before going headfirst into a pile of crap, check out these verses carefully: 1 Cor. 15:33, 2 Cor 6:14-16.

Have You Exhausted All Your Resources?

Many singles in the church who feel there is no other alternative to dating an unbeliever, may have not looked at other options of

where Christian singles meet other singles

If you are a Christian single who has further insights on dating unbelievers, please consider helping other singles by sharing your experiences.
most likely you are yet to go through the whole thread. Cos If you have you will understand that rather than basing your arguement on inference, precedence of events in the bible are quite contrary to what you are spewing.
Look up the word rationalizing in a dictionary and be sure you are not in danger of the last verse of revelation that says you should not add to or deduct from the word of God.
I hate to repeat myself, there is enough information on this thread already to make you apologise for misleading others so stop sensationalising.
Whatever is not spelt out in the bible or contradicts a biblical precedence is unscriptural. Pray tell, how did we christians become so stubborn a heart ?
By the way are you single ? I am by the way and a believer too. *winks*
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mr Guitar,hope u play ur guitar to glorify him.M single but not available!Anyway was adding or substituting anything from da bible but dude I don't SETTLE FOR LESS.@ my church we are allowed to date until ur sure u wanna marry dat person but my sister dates sum nt from da same church bt both born again christians.It has nufin to do with the pastor but are u faithful enuf to God and treat ur body as his temple while dating?

By da way I read da whole thread my brother ur still inlove with material things of ths earth
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
Guitarlife: @mr dagr8, I must confess I am not as versed as you think I am . But I believe the most important thing to hold on to is precedence rather than inference.
I showed two precedences but you believe it's still ok to base your judgement on inference ?
I must admit my dream is to settle down with a good christian lady, with a good voice and an unparralleled interest in music cos that is my calling.
But this is not enough reason to pretend as if the bible does not accomodate those whose beliefs are quite different from mine.
The bible must be told the way it is not the way we think it should be otherwise the stories of indiscretion of great men like david and abraham would have been edited.
I hope this is clear enough. @bella are you single ? Lol.
i sound married right? I am a small baby ooh.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Mr Guitar,hope u play ur guitar to glorify him.M single but not available!Anyway was adding or substituting anything from da bible but dude I don't SETTLE FOR LESS.@ my church we are allowed to date until ur sure u wanna marry dat person but my sister dates sum nt from da same church bt both born again christians.It has nufin to do with the pastor but are u faithful enuf to God and treat ur body as his temple while dating?

By da way I read da whole thread my brother ur still inlove with material things of ths earth
Typical of the modern christian.
1. I asked a simple question and your imaginations have started running riot. Even if I wanted to ask you out or ask your hand in marriage why don't you learn to be patient enough till I did that before telling me wether you are available or not. You must agree that was a little uncalled for on your part.
The bible encourages us to listen more and speak less so you were caught napping there.
2. How will your pastor determine when you are to start courtship ? I bet he will even tell you whom you must court and so as to complete the obedience he must also be your intimate instructor when you tie the knots.
Where is the place of God ? Don't tell me he can only communicate his mind to you via your pastor.
I'm tempted to ask, how old are you and why do you find it repulsive to back up your claims with biblical references.
Be careful as not to have a zeal for God but without knowledge.
3. I never claimed I was a saint. Infact I am content with the fact that God's workmanship. I know he is still working on me to bring me to perfection.
And if in my imperfection I can radiate this much for him. How glorious then would it be when he completes what he has started.
I assume you are perfect for you to have the effrontery to judge me as a worldly fellow. Well, I can only pray for you that the veil of religion that the devil has put over your eyes be removed.
So that next time you want to make a point you'd rather say 'God spoke to me not to go into a relationship' than saying 'in our church or my pastor prohibits me from going into a relationship'.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
dagr8:

wats d meaning of dat? grin grin grin
lolz
Guitarlife: Oh I forgot, christians are not allowed to engage in loose discussions.
I only asked a decent question and for crying out loud, get some sense of humour.
@bella, please can you sing ? Do you have a sonorous voice? I hope you are not an unbeliever ?*winks*
'em i sing in the choir sometimes bt dat doesnt mean i hav a good voice bt atleast i cn sing, lol.
Saved by His Grace and trying to hold steadfast. I lose faith many atimes, bt the lord is my strength.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
@Guitarlife! Ur still looking?hope u find one soon so that u won't b under da department of singles affairs
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: i sound married right? I am a small baby ooh.
You still haven't answered the question but do not allow mr dgr8 know that you responded o. You can just whisper it I am all ears. And trust me my ears are quite big. Hehehee
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: @Guitarlife! Ur still looking?hope u find one soon so that u won't b under da department of singles affairs
So spiricoco sisters too do have a sense of humour. But seriously, when will your church sanction you to begin courtship and are we nominal christians allowed to apply ?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
Oh!m sorry but u asked me if m single!didn't Jesus warn us not to judge others?

"Dear lord pls forgive me for judging others tonight,It wasn't purposefully bt logically I did.lead me not into temptation and deliver all da posters from evil,ha hobe joalo ka ha re kopa.in jesus name Amen"
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
Guitarlife: You still haven't answered the question but do not allow mr dgr8 know that you responded o. You can just whisper it I am all ears. And trust me my ears are quite big. Hehehee
hahaha..*whispering* Lol, am single. Everyone is telling me am too young. Is it true?;-(
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
My pastor won't tell me wen to date mxm sad
I hv reasons y m single don't terrorise me
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Oh!m sorry but u asked me if m single!didn't Jesus warn us not to judge others?

"Dear lord pls forgive me for judging others tonight,It wasn't purposefully bt logically I did.lead me not into temptation and deliver all da posters from evil,ha hobe joalo ka ha re kopa.in jesus name Amen"
hahahaaa you had me rolling on the floor there. It's ok, stop taking things too seriously. I bet you won't be too disposed to smiling . And is this how you ask for forgiveness for every single oversight ? Haaa !! So people like you exist , maybe I am truly a sinner but I believe so much that we are saved by grace and not by works lest any man should boast.
Imagine if I had not pointed that out how would you have known ? I think you got me really afraid tonight cos naturally I am a very jovial person and 90 percent of what comes out my mouth is comic.
So does this make me a sinner ? Why would got give me this gift (yeah its a gift cos I have touched so many lives) if it has the propensity to lead me to hell ?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: hahaha..*whispering* Lol, am single. Everyone is telling me am too young. Is it true?;-(
*whispering* how can I know whether you are too young or not when you have not told me your age and your profile picture doesn't either.
So how old are you? Or maybe you can tell me your shoe size I will calculate your age from there. I heard there's a formula to that intent .
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: My pastor won't tell me wen to date mxm sad
so was it God that asked not to court. I believe it's cos of your academics you are not courting (since some said the word dating is worldly) but I hope you realise there are people you are metting now that your paths may not cross again.
It's the western culture thats makes us believe that a woman can be up to 30 years and still not be married.
Physiologically, a woman is fully ready to bear a child at 18 years so what does that tell you?
Wisdom is profitable my sister.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
Guitarlife: *whispering* how can I know whether you are too young or not when you have not told me your age and your profile picture doesn't either.
So how old are you? Or maybe you can tell me your shoe size I will calculate your age from there. I heard there's a formula to that intent .
hahaha*whispering* my mummy will spank me.wink
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: hahaha*whispering* my mummy will spank me.wink
I heard she does that every day and that you have grown a thick skin too. I'm quite surprised you are using that as an alibi. Ok maybe you want me to go first . I wouldn't mind isn't age just a number ? So should I ? If you consent then you are under obligation to state yours too. Lol.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Guitarlife: I heard she does that every day and that you have grown a thick skin too. I'm quite surprised you are using that as an alibi. Ok maybe you want me to go first . I wouldn't mind isn't age just a number ? So should I ? If you consent then you are under obligation to state yours too. Lol.
well, i love the fact that am anonymous on NL. I'll send you a private email.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: well, i love the fact that am anonymous on NL. I'll send you a private email.
kkk, so we are agreeing twice in 6 hour's huh ? I'd say interesting. But why are you up this late ?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
Guitarlife: kkk, so we are agreeing twice in 6 hour's huh ? I'd say interesting. But why are you up this late ?
yea, interesting. i slept in the day time for more than four hours. Sleep has fled from me.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
Bélla3: yea, interesting. i slept in the day time for more than four hours. Sleep has fled from me.
Good maybe you could help me stay up. I have exams and I have so much to read up on but my eye lids are beginning to kiss themselves.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 12:21am On Sep 11, 2012
Guitarlife: Good maybe you could help me stay up. I have exams and I have so much to read up on but my eye lids are beginning to kiss themselves.
oya wake up. *Pours sand in ur eyes so you can wake*
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 12:22am On Sep 11, 2012
Guitarlife: Good maybe you could help me stay up. I have exams and I have so much to read up on but my eye lids are beginning to kiss themselves.
oya wake up. *Pours sand in ur eyes so you can wake* good luck in advance.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Kai, this people don mad finish.. *drags out keyboard and starts playing 'this is love*
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 2:13am On Sep 11, 2012
musKeeto: Kai, this people don mad finish.. *drags out keyboard and starts playing 'this is love*
hmmm.. Who dey mad?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 11, 2012
Bélla3: hmmm.. Who dey mad?
lipsrsealed
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by dagr8(m): 3:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by dagr8(m): 4:12am On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by dagr8(m): 4:12am On Sep 11, 2012
Guitarlife: *whispering* how can I know whether you are too young or not when you have not told me your age and your profile picture doesn't either.
WHISPERING TINS. u really got me laughing. i wud av love 2 b part of dis discussion bt man got 2 face business.
Like d Op av said dat we shud bow; so i choose 2 bow, whichever way i stil believe d scriptures. Dating/courtship/marriage with an unbeliever is wrong as a christian according 2 d Bible.

so let me catch some fun. dis ur whispers were so loud dat i almost heard evrything u whipser o.
Guitar u neva told me ur mind. now u are checking profile pix and busy asking 4 shoe size. Hop u know dat Iam Bella's manager. Every transaction without d involvement of d manager is ILLEGAL grin grin grin

let me also do my whispering into ur dreams, i kno u guys ar sleeping
*whisper* @GUitar. Hey, pls dont dream of any oda tin bt ur exams o.
*whipser* @Bella. can i also know ur shoe size?
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by dagr8(m): 4:43am On Sep 11, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: My pastor won't tell me wen to date mxm sad
Iam interested in d reasons
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by dagr8(m): 4:47am On Sep 11, 2012
Bélla3: well, i love the fact that am anonymous on NL. I'll send you a private email.
WATCHING shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 6:39am On Sep 11, 2012
dagr8:
WHISPERING TINS. u really got me laughing. i wud av love 2 b part of dis discussion bt man got 2 face business.
Like d Op av said dat we shud bow; so i choose 2 bow, whichever way i stil believe d scriptures. Dating/courtship/marriage with an unbeliever is wrong as a christian according 2 d Bible.

so let me catch some fun. dis ur whispers were so loud dat i almost heard evrything u whipser o.
Guitar u neva told me ur mind. now u are checking profile pix and busy asking 4 shoe size. Hop u know dat Iam Bella's manager. Every transaction without d involvement of d manager is ILLEGAL grin grin grin

let me also do my whispering into ur dreams, i kno u guys ar sleeping
*whisper* @GUitar. Hey, pls dont dream of any oda tin bt ur exams o.
*whipser* @Bella. can i also know ur shoe size?
the conversation so far has been so funnysmiley lol. *whisper* you are my manager and u still dont know my shoe size? I will fire u oh
mis humbled, so sorry for derailing ur thread.
Re: Lets Talk; Christians Dating Unbelievers. by Bella3(f): 6:41am On Sep 11, 2012
dagr8:
WATCHING shocked shocked shocked
lol. Stop watching joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ex Boko Haram Leader, Now Converted To The Christian, Fingers Ibb And Others / Cobwebs Attack / 8 Important Ways To Manage Yourself As A Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.