Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879159 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kasykel(f): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Marc9:
The headache is likely related to anaemia. You actually bled and lost quite an amount of blood, that might have made you anaemic. One of the symptoms of anaemia is persistent headache, as well as dizziness. Didn't you get the blood builder I recommended?
thank you i actually got it. Maybe i will buy more. But is it posible to already be ovulating by now? The bleeding stopped last week wednesday and i am think i am ovulating now
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
Kasykel:
thank you i actually got it. Maybe i will buy more. But is it posible to already be ovulating by now? The bleeding stopped last week wednesday and i am think i am ovulating now
Well, I don't know if your hormones have re-adjusted after the act u did.

Once your hormones are balanced, ovulation would be re-initiated, and your expected menstrual flow would indicate ovulation has begun!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adebomiiii: 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
@Marc9 thanks for ur quick response. what i noticed about my menstruation for d past 10 months is that there has been a reverse in my menstral flow . initially d first 3days is always very heavy and it runs for 5days but now there is no flow at all for the first 3days and it runs for 8days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adebomiiii: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
i was treating hyperprolactin with DOSTINEX cos i have been TTC for 2years and am having uterine fibroid measuring 27mm in diameter.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
adebomiiii:
@Marc9 thanks for ur quick response. what i noticed about my menstruation for d past 10 months is that there has been a reverse in my menstral flow . initially d first 3days is always very heavy and it runs for 5days but now there is no flow at all for the first 3days and it runs for 8days.
There's an underlying factor(s) behind your menstrual irregularity. I actually thought the light flow u observed was for just the present menstruation, I didn't know you've been experincing it for awhile now.

Well, I'll need to ask some questions in order to figure out the etiology behind your menstrual irregularity. I don't know if you'll mind me asking here in open, or if you rather I asked in private.

PM me or you can add me on BBM
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by calaharry: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
adebomiiii:
i was treating hyperprolactin with DOSTINEX cos i have been TTC for 2years and am having uterine fibroid measuring 27mm in diameter.
...It depends on the position of the fibroid. If it is going to prevent conception,you remove it but if not ,then no need to worry. Just do all the tests required in a standard lab or visit a gynae for investigation and advise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adebomiiii: 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
@marc9 pls give me ur bb pin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
adebomiiii:
@marc9 pls give me ur bb pin
Bleep
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by giftwalter: 7:06am On Oct 17, 2014
I and my gal had unprotected sex twice last week, one on monday and friday. I didn't ejaculate inside her.. She took Postinor 2 on dat monday we had sex and didn't take on friday, she drank Alcohol havily on saturday, she also took me dat she took Potash on dis week Monday. The reason for all of this is to prevent pregnancy cuz we aren't ready to have a baby now and we don't wana do abortion. She was supposed to see her period dis week, but it hasn't come. Would it be early for her to go for a prenancy test?

Am 26 and she is 23
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NoQualms1(f): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2014
giftwalter:
I and my gal had unprotected sex twice last week, one on monday and friday. I didn't ejaculate inside her.. She took Postinor 2 on dat monday we had sex and didn't take on friday, she drank Alcohol havily on saturday, she also took me dat she took Potash on dis week Monday. The reason for all of this is to prevent pregnancy cuz we aren't ready to have a baby now and we don't wana do abortion. She was supposed to see her period dis week, but it hasn't come. Would it be early for her to go for a prenancy test?

Am 26 and she is 23

Dammit, all these to prevent pregnancy? I hope she doesn't spoil her womb before she clocks 25. How much does condom cost again sef? Take it easy o.

I was forced to comment ni though. I don't support pre-marital sex.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DBestDoc(f): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2014
giftwalter:

Am 26 and she is 23

@ 26, you can do better than this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2014
I was treated for malaria last week, arthemeter injection for four days; on Wednesday I discovered thru blood pregnancy test that I am pregnant. It seems I've been exposed again to mosquito bites for some days now, though I'm taking steps to avoid it. My question is will I become down with malaria again because of the bites? I'm worried because the pregnancy is still very early.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 19, 2014
haemi:
I was treated for malaria last week, arthemeter injection for four days; on Wednesday I discovered thru blood pregnancy test that I am pregnant. It seems I've been exposed again to mosquito bites for some days now, though I'm taking steps to avoid it. My question is will I become down with malaria again because of the bites? I'm worried because the pregnancy is still very early.
It depends on the level of exposure to the mosquitoes, and if you actually had significant amount of bites. But since you said you were administered antimalarial medication last week, you likely still have prophylactic cover from the medication against the exposure.

Of course you know, virtually all antimalarial medications are contra-indicated in early pregnancy. So you may need to start sleeping under insecticide treated net to prevent mosquito bites, as you can't afford to receive another round of antimalarial medications.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tundeism: 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Good afternoon sir, we have had two miscarriages, after the last one we were made to understand dat my wife has hormonal imbalance dat her progesterone level was too low to get pregnant or maintain a pregnancy. We now did wat dey called verginal swop, den she collect an injection for 7 days to treat the infection, the Doctor now advice she shud use clomid for 5 days starting from the fifth day of her period, den the doctor said she will be collecting progesterone injection from second day of her ovulation day, which wil be done at intervals...please I need ur advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pls doc, kindly assist to interprete this hormone profile result. The test was done, following 10 month TTC without success.

FSH: 2.9miu/ml(ref:5-20miu/ml),
LH: 10.5miu/ml(ref:5-40miu/ml),
prolactin: 13.6ng/ml(ref:1-20ng/ml), progesterone:4.6(2-25ng/ml)
Estradiol: 24.8pg/ml(ref: early follicular=30-100, luteal=60-150).

Summary : low FSH& Estradiol.

The menstral cycle is usually 26 days & quite regular . The doctor said it might be PCOS(due to the LH/FSH ratio) but she is not sure.
Pls what medication can be taken to correct the low FSH? Someone mentioned Clomid, but need more confirmation. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
tundeism:
Good afternoon sir, we have had two miscarriages, after the last one we were made to understand dat my wife has hormonal imbalance dat her progesterone level was too low to get pregnant or maintain a pregnancy. We now did wat dey called verginal swop, den she collect an injection for 7 days to treat the infection, the Doctor now advice she shud use clomid for 5 days starting from the fifth day of her period, den the doctor said she will be collecting progesterone injection from second day of her ovulation day, which wil be done at intervals...please I need ur advice
Summary: your wife did HVS mcs and was told she has an infection(which wasn't specified). She was placed on medications(Inj) and later on was advised to take clomiphen citrate on the 5th day of her cycle, and was also told that she'll be placed on progesterone inj in her luteal phase at interval....... Got that then!

Now, why didn't the doctor also place you on medication since your wife was diagnosed with ST/UTI? I mean, in the course of having s*x, you would have likely contracted the infection as well. If she's treated and you're not, you would still re-infect her anytime you two indulge in s*x. That explains why she had the miscarriages, and not necessarily due to progesterone.

So go see the doctor and let him place you on medication to treat the asymptomatic infection you likely have.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tundeism: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Marc9:
Summary: your wife did HVS mcs and was told she has an infection(which wasn't specified). She was placed on medications(Inj) and later on was advised to take clomiphen citrate on the 5th day of her cycle, and was also told that she'll be placed on progesterone inj in her luteal phase at interval....... Got that then!

Now, why didn't the doctor also place you on medication since your wife was diagnosed with ST/UTI? I mean, in the course of having s*x, you would have likely contracted the infection as well. If she's treated and you're not, you would still re-infect her anytime you two indulge in s*x. That explains why she had the miscarriages, and not necessarily due to progesterone.

So go see the doctor and let him place you on medication to treat the asymptomatic infection you likely have.
Tank u for the response I forgot to add I wass treated also, just to confirm is the Doctor is on track and is it right for us to take progesterone before confirmation weda she is pregnant or not
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
tundeism:
Tank u for the response I forgot to add I was treated also, just to confirm is the Doctor is on track and is it right for us to take progesterone before confirmation weda she is pregnant or not
Yes he/she was right. Progesterone is required for successful implantation and embryogenesis. It is needed in high amount in mid and late pregnancy as well.

So yes, he/she is on the track!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
GENIUS18:
Pls doc, kindly assist to interprete this hormone profile result. The test was done, following 10 month TTC without success.

FSH: 2.9miu/ml(ref:5-20miu/ml),
LH: 10.5miu/ml(ref:5-40miu/ml),
prolactin: 13.6ng/ml(ref:1-20ng/ml), progesterone:4.6(2-25ng/ml)
Estradiol: 24.8pg/ml(ref: early follicular=30-100, luteal=60-150).

Summary : low FSH& Estradiol.

The menstral cycle is usually 26 days & quite regular . The doctor said it might be PCOS(due to the LH/FSH ratio) but she is not sure.
Pls what medication can be taken to correct the low FSH? Someone mentioned Clomid, but need more confirmation. Thanks
Well, it might actually be PCOS. Although, Such conclusion would require other signs like menstrual irregularities, high androgen secretion, and anovulation.

The someone who mentioned the clomid is right, so long the someone is still the same lady(doc)!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tundeism: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Marc9:
Yes he/she was right. Progesterone is required for successful implantation and embryogenesis. It is needed in high amount in mid and late pregnancy as well.

So yes, he/she is on the track!
Thank you very much. God Bless You
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Marc9:
Well, it might actually be PCOS. Although, Such conclusion would require other signs like menstrual irregularities, high androgen secretion, and anovulation.

The someone who mentioned the clomid is right, so long the someone is still the same lady(doc)!
Thanks doc, Clomid was also mentioned by the doctor, but was trying to be careful of the possible outcome of several follicles production.
Pls how can we even ascertain she is ovulating on her own, even though the menstrual cycle is normal.? Note the Estradiol is also low.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
GENIUS18:

Thanks doc, Clomid was also mentioned by the doctor, but was trying to be careful of the possible outcome of several follicles production.
Pls how can we even ascertain she is ovulating on her own, even though the menstrual cycle is normal.? Note the Estradiol is also low.
One of the signs is cervical mucus. If she observes a clear and stretchy discharge on the day of ovulation, that's an indication that she's actually ovulating.
Other pinpoints include:

-Elevated body temperature

-Sex*ual urge.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by snaija(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello Docs, I appreciate your many candid advice in this forum. I wonder if you can help with the following infertility issue I am seeking to resolve. I have been trying to conceive with my wife for about 6 yrs now we have tried IUI and ICSI unsuccessfully. About 12 years ago I had a STD which I treated with complete dose of doxycline. A while later I noticed I have this feeling of crawling insect / worm over my body. It happens most time after I release and I notice after releasing inside my wife or kissing her she also start having such symptom eg her fingers moves, thighs jerks and eyelids blinks involuntarily. Various culture test and infection screening has come out negative but I feel I have an underlying infection. My wife usually gets over these symptoms after her cycle. Do you have any experience with this type of case? The Drs I have complained to may prescribe antibiotics despite the no culture growth but this has not helped they will later think it is a psychological case. I doubt this because ive noticed if I share a straw with a partner the same symptoms starts after about 12 hrs also. I am suspecting this symptom is causing early miscarriage in my dw. Why because when we really do time intercourse to be in her ovulation her cycle gets to about 35 days instead of the usual 25 days. Any useful help will be appreciated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
snaija:
Hello Docs, I appreciate your many candid advice in this forum. I wonder if you can help with the following infertility issue I am seeking to resolve. I have been trying to conceive with my wife for about 6 yrs now we have tried IUI and ICSI unsuccessfully. About 12 years ago I had a STD which I treated with complete dose of doxycline. A while later I noticed I have this feeling of crawling insect / worm over my body . It happens most time after I release and I notice after releasing inside my wife or kissing her she also start having such symptom eg her fingers moves, thighs jerks and eyelids blinks involuntarily . Various culture test and infection screening has come out negative but I feel I have an underlying infection. My wife usually gets over these symptoms after her cycle. Do you have any experience with this type of case? The Drs I have complained to may prescribe antibiotics despite the no culture growth but this has not helped they will later think it is a psychological case. I doubt this because ive noticed if I share a straw with a partner the same symptoms starts after about 12 hrs also. I am suspecting this symptom is causing early miscarriage in my dw. Why because when we really do time intercourse to be in her ovulation her cycle gets to about 35 days instead of the usual 25 days. Any useful help will be appreciated.
I must confess, this is a case docs don't come across regularly. I mean, if microscopy and culture found nothing in samples taken from you, then I don't get why you feel something is wrong.

The first bolded phrase, my take on that is that your havig sensation. It could be true sensation or false sensation. This I'll attribute to nerve disorder.

The second bolded phrase, I mean, your wife's eyelid is meant to blink involuntarily since it's being controlled by the medulla oblongata. Her fingers are also meant to move, not stay still. Then her thighs, well, don't you think a lady that opens and raises her legs high for quite awhile during s*x would experince jerking? It's not easy raising your legs high without having tremor.

Then the 3rd bolded phrase, now that's incredible! I mean, 12hrs for incubation and manifestation? When it's not resident evil's T-Virus!

Mr snaija, you don't have an active infection since series of culture didn't find anything. And your wife also requires check-up, and possibly treatment. You two were meant to run the series of tests and treatment, since you're sex*ual partners.

Also, the reason why she's been having spontaneous abortion could be underlying in her. The more reason why she needs to consult a Gyn for investigation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by snaija(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
OK, Thanks for your prompt response and time. I appreciate the fact the case is a very peculiar one since test is always negative. We have seen some ob and gyn doctor and they have not seen it as an issue dats the reason I opted to consider other experience from the forum. Its a bit distressing as I am not on the same page with most orthodox practitioner.
Many Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
snaija:
OK, Thanks for your prompt response and time. I appreciate the fact the case is a very peculiar one since test is always negative. We have seen some ob and gyn doctor and they have not seen it as an issue dats the reason I opted to consider other experience from the forum. Its a bit distressing as I am not on the same page with most orthodox practitioner.
Many Thanks
You're welcome.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omankem(f): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pls doc wat can stil cause milk to cme out of d bosom after treating high procatin. My prolactin level has gone dwn frm 26 to 18.6 but stil wen I press my nipple d milk stil cmes out. Can ds be d cause of my bin able to conceive. Being ttc 4 close 2 3yrs nw. Ur kind response wil be appreciated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
omankem:
Pls doc wat can stil cause milk to cme out of d bosom after treating high procatin. My prolactin level has gone dwn frm 26 to 18.6 but stil wen I press my nipple d milk stil cmes out. Can ds be d cause of my bin able to conceive. Being ttc 4 close 2 3yrs nw. Ur kind response wil be appreciated.
The whitish bre*st discharge is a condition called 'galactorrhoea'. It happens when there's dysregulation in prolactin, estrogen, and progesterone secretion.

You're still having the discharge because your prolactin level is still high. The normal range is 1-20ng/ml, and ur prolactin dropped from 26 to 18.6ng/ml, which is high enough to cause the discharge to still flow.

You'll need to continue with the medication that helped reduce the prolactin. Your prolactin level still needs to drop further, and other hormones balanced.

Your question about the cause of your difficulty in TTC. Well, hyperprolactinaemia is one of the factors that can hinder TTC. There are other factors as well, but I won't explain those for now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omankem(f): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks Doc really appreciate ur quick response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2014
omankem:
Thanks Doc really appreciate ur quick response.
U're welcome
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joodaaa(m): 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Anelpat Medical Company Limited not only give the best quality of Modern Medical Technologies to your doorsteps, we also offer the best Equipment Servicing and After Sales Servicing. Our Customer Service is unique and SMART. So for all your LABORATORY,DENTAL,RENAL,FERTILTY,EEG,ECG,IVD,OPHTHALMOLOGY, ICU, X-RAY and ULTRASOUND Equipment with Reagent and Medical Consumables, ANELPAT MEDICAL COMPANY LIMITED remains your best bet. Call Jooda 08138107982, 07038107257 and visit www.anelpatgroup.com to know more.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by evankelly123: 10:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
hello doc, have gone for the HSG and it reads: CONTROL FILM-Within normal range.CONTRAST FILM-the outlined uterine canal cavity appeared normal.however both fallopian tubes were outlined&demonstrated and showed evidence of peritoned spill of the medium..CONCLusion: Patent bilateral tubes.Did also hormonal test and it reads: FSH 120.0m.iu/ml, LH 17.0m.iu/ml, Prolactin 28.0ng/ml, Progesterone 7.5ng/ml,TSH 0.5uu/ml.Comment: Slightly elevated prolactin with low-normal TSH titre.guess i have high prolactin,dats why its hard to conceive.have to read about it wen i got the test.have been trying for 9months.plz,need ur reply.thnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.