Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880054 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dobisyno: 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hell doctor....i had sex during my ovulation period though my bf pulled out(nt sure if he didn't ejaculate inside me evn a little) buh i took Postinor 2 before 72 hrs. i had a lil spotting abt 3 dayz before my period and then ma period came on d expected date. But d problem now is dat my normal flow is mostly 6-7days but dis one lasted jst three days and stopped and it was very scanty. Pls could i be pregnant?? Help me with an answer cos am soo scared.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dobisyno:
Hell doctor....i had sex during my ovulation period though my bf pulled out(nt sure if he didn't ejaculate inside me evn a little) buh i took Postinor 2 before 72 hrs. i had a lil spotting abt 3 dayz before my period and then ma period came on d expected date. But d problem now is dat my normal flow is mostly 6-7days but dis one lasted jst three days and stopped and it was very scanty. Pls could i be pregnant?? Help me with an answer cos am soo scared.
If you don't mind, I just want to know why in God's name would you indulge in unprotected sex in ur fertile period when you know you're not ready to bear pregnancy? That to me was nonchalant! It's time you guys stopped creating problems for yourselves, and started being part of the solutions!

Oh well, I doubt you're pregnant. One thing abt OHC pills is that it tends to affect hormonal balance, thereby disrupting menstruation.

For now, give it time , your hormones would re-adjust itself. Your flow would more likely normalise within a short period!

And please, if you can't resist his sex*al advancement, insist he uses a COND*M next time!

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by picki(f): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2014
Hello Doc/ gynae
I had bleeding and evacuation at 9weeks on the 6th of September. My period started exactly one month after 6th of October. Is it safe to start trying again from this month?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by priscaoge(f): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2014
Hi Doc Marc9

Please I have a little problem. I suddenly started having a swollen cheek Which causes So much pain and severe headache. I don't have any toothache Or any injury that might lead to this. I always have Migraine, So 4days ago I took Dolviran to subside the migraine, but 2days later I noticed that I have a swollen cheek sad. Have taken some pain reliever to stop the pains but to no avail. Please what do u advise I do? Thanks!

@Doc kathyekiti advice is also welcomed!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MizMyColi(f): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:
Hi Doc Marc9

Please I have a little problem. I suddenly started having a swollen cheek Which causes So much pain and severe headache. I don't have any toothache Or any injury that might lead to this. I always have Migraine, So 4days ago I took Dolviran to subside the migraine, but 2days later I noticed that I have a swollen cheek sad. Have taken some pain reliever to stop the pains but to no avail. Please what do u advise I do? Thanks!

LoL
@the emboldened was last seen in 2012
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by priscaoge(f): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL
@the emboldened was last seen in 2012
Lmao cheesy

Lol I didn't check tho cheesy

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:
Hi Doc Marc9

I can't seem to make out if the swelling in your cheeks precedes the time you took Dolviran, or if it was after you took the drug you started having swelling in your cheeks.

If the latter is the case, then it's more likely that the swelling was as a result of the adverse effect or reaction to the drug you took. Perhaps, it could be a hepatotoxic effect from drug overdose, or in some cases, the use of fake or expired drugs.

You said you've been having migraine for a while, right? Well, the best was for you to have seen an MD, because migraine is a neurological disorder which requires the sufferer sees a doctor.

I'l advise you discontinue the use of pain or migraine relievers, and see a doctor in person!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by priscaoge(f): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2014
Marc9:
I can't seem to make out if the swelling in your cheeks precedes the time you took Dolviran, or if it was after you took the drug you started having swelling in your cheeks.

If the latter is the case, then it's more likely that the swelling was as a result of the adverse effect or reaction to the drug you took. Perhaps, it could be a hepatotoxic effect from drug overdose, or in some cases, the use of fake or expired drugs.

You said you've been having migraine for a while, right? Well, the best was for you to have seen an MD, because migraine is a neurological disorder which requires the sufferer sees a doctor.

I'l advise you discontinue the use of pain or migraine relievers, and see a doctor in person!

It was after taking the Dolviran that I noticed the swelling that was two days after I took it. But can I take like Panadol extra for the headache as I planned to see a MD tomorrow morning? Thanks a lot!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 09, 2014
picki:
Hello Doc/ gynae
I had bleeding and evacuation at 9weeks on the 6th of September. My period started exactly one month after 6th of October. Is it safe to start trying again from this month?
Well, since your menstruation has resumed, you can begin TTC again. It's safe!

I hope the Evac was done safely with well sterilized tools, rite? You know, a lot of women who undergo such procedures with minimum safety measures tend to end up with complications like sepsis, PID, and uterine abruptio.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

It was after taking the Dolviran that I noticed the swelling that was two days after I took it. But can I take like Panadol extra for the headache as I planned to see a MD tomorrow morning? Thanks a lot!
Yes you can. Just take 2tabs, then try get some rest!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by priscaoge(f): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2014
Marc9:
Yes you can. Just take 2tabs, then try get some rest!

Thanks alot! Am just scared, I pray it has not done any harm to me Or my liver sad sad

This is the 1st time am having this kind of a thing,tho I have been taking d drug as prescribed by a pharmacist. Will surely see a Doc tomorrow!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

Thanks alot! Am just scared, I pray it has not done any harm to me Or my liver sad sad

This is the 1st time am having this kind of a thing,tho I have been taking d drug as prescribed by a pharmacist. Will surely see a Doc tomorrow!
MD's do the prescription, pharmacists do the production/dispensing. You were meant to get Rx from an MD, not from a Pharmacist or a drug attendants.

Well, the swelling was due to drug overdose/misuse. It resulted in hepatotoxicity. The skin, the cheek, the lips, and the eyes, are topical sign-posts for hepatotoxicity!

Please, always consult a doctor whenever you have health issues!

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by priscaoge(f): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2014
Marc9:
MD's do the prescription, pharmacists do the production/dispensing. You were meant to get Rx from an MD, not from a Pharmacist or a drug attendants.

Well, the swelling was due to drug overdose/misuse. It resulted in hepatotoxicity. The skin, the cheek, the lips, and the eyes, are topical sign-posts for hepatotoxicity!

Please, always consult a doctor whenever you have health issues!

Yea sure I will. Learnt my lessons dear! Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Godbaby1: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dr I have recently been experiencing heavy flow lasting for 8day but this month the flow has refused to stop and this is the 10th day. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Godbaby1:
Dr I have recently been experiencing heavy flow lasting for 8day but this month the flow has refused to stop and this is the 10th day. Thanks
You're experincing menorrhagia. There are factors that could be responsible for that, ranging from 'adverse effects of OHC pills like postinor, to thrombocytopenia. Such condition could render you anaemic! You may need see a Gynaecologist as soon as possible!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joodaaa(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
LETTER OF INTRODUCTION / REQUEST FOR BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP

We would like to formally introduce to you ANELPAT (MEDICAL) COMPANY LIMITED). A Company pioneering Modern Medical Technologies in the country. With the rise in the health challenges around the globe, it has become very important for health and medical practitioners to rise up to these challenges using modern world practices.
Anelpat (medical) Company Limited is an indigenous Company where quality is our passion. It establishment is based on the contemporary medical challenges, upon which it is saddle with the responsibility of meeting up these challenges by delivering high quality and competitively priced medical devices.
We specialized in the sales, supply and distributions of the following:
Medical and laboratory Machines and Equipment
Scientific Supplies and Distributions
Reagent and Medical Consumables.
Parts of the extensive services we offer, to meet our customers demands and satisfactions are:
Consultancy Services
Sales, Supplies and Distributions
Installation and Maintenance
Advance Training
After-Sales Services
Manufacturing
Import and Export
We therefore request that you grant us the opportunity to get into business partnership with your Laboratory in the supply of equipments for the following fourteen (14) Medical department where our wide range of research covers:
Operational and Peri-Operational Department
Anesthesia
Labor Room
Intensive Care Unit
General Operations
Physiotherapy
Specialized Baby Care
Ophthalmic Equipment
Aviation Medicine Equipment
Radio Diagnostic Equipment
Laboratory Equipment
Bacteriology and Parasitology Equipment
Histopathology Equipment
Dental Equipment
Our state of the art products, excellent personalized and customized services, an exceptional and integrated after sale service has set us apart as an outstanding and reputable medical vendor for many buyers, hospitals (private and public), clinic and other research centers around the globe.
Attached therein is a copy of our Product Catalog and Price List for your perusal. Our Sales Executive covering your State of Operation ,JOODA OLASUNKANMI is always very ready and willing to engage you and give you the ‘Anelpat Service Experience’ thereby moving your medical outfit to a greater and more profitable height.
Do not be left out, join the train and be part of the advancement in medical sciences.

Thanks.
Best Regards,

Jooda Olasunkanmi
Medical Sales Executive, Osun/Oyo State
+2348138107982, +2347038107257, 2991bcfb, joodaolasunkanmi@yahoo.com.
(For: ANELPAT (MEDICAL) COMPANY LIMITED).
46/47 LIMCA ROAD, ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE.TEL: 08080391194, 09098130195,
E-mail: anelpatconsult@gmail.com, director@anelpatgroup.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lordavmercy: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
Marc9:
Ma'am, ur hormone profile clearly shows your hormonal secretions are optimal. For PCOS, a pelvic/abdominal USS shld be run. Also, medical history relating to menstruation and ovulation is needed in PCOS Dx.

TTC delay could be as a result of unsucessful implantation. So just keep trying. Delay isn't denial! smiley
Thanks marc9,I wil go for pelvic/abdo USS and get a good gynae. Hav had 3 good/regular hormonal profiles before ds 4th came out bad. Pls can I tell my doc.for hCG trigger injection?because am tired of hearing 'relax' every visit.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 11, 2014
Lordavmercy:

Thanks marc9,I wil go for pelvic/abdo USS and get a good gynae. Hav had 3 good/regular hormonal profiles before ds 4th came out bad. Pls can I tell my doc.for hCG trigger injection?because am tired of hearing 'relax' every visit.
Ma'am, hCG trigger injection won't aid conception. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is an hormone released by the placenta after a successful implantation. So I don't see how hCG trigger hormone injection would stimulate Ovulation, fertilization, and successful implantation.

But then, consult your Gynae, he knows what to do!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by evankelly123: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2014
Morning doctor, had my period on 26th August,then 21st Oct ,then i dont know why another one has to come on 7th oct which is not up to 28 dayz.tired of trying to concieve,its 9months now..people say i should remove my mind that pregnancy wil come but that has not been possible .
Again,i want to know if exercise(jogging)disrupt conception because some says i shuldnt be exercising but dont no how true it is.dont wanna add weight. my boo wil do another Semen analysis as u had instructed. am taking folic acid tablet. ls there another pregnancy boosting tablet i can buy .thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 11, 2014
evankelly123:
Morning doctor, had my period on 26th August,then 21st (september) ,then i dont know why another one has to come on 7th oct which is not up to 28 dayz.tired of trying to concieve,its 9months now..people say i should remove my mind that pregnancy wil come but that has not been possible .
Again,i want to know if exercise(jogging)disrupt conception because some says i shuldnt be exercising but dont no how true it is.dont wanna add weight. my boo wil do another Semen analysis as u had instructed. am taking folic acid tablet. ls there another pregnancy boosting tablet i can buy .thank u
Ma'am, the bleeding your observed on the 7th of october might likely not be menstruation. It could actually be implantational bleeding, if it presented as spotting. Please get a PT strip and test for gestation.

Also, mild exercise doesn't disrupt, or inhibit or stops a lady from taking in. You should do more of aerobics than rigorous exercise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2014
petmy:
Hi docs

I had contact with my man's precum on the 21st of August, which was day 9 of my cycle. That was the only thing that I had contact with, infact there was no attempt at penetrating, all he did was just caressing. I was scared so I took postinor 2 on day 11 ( less than 48hrs after the act). Exactly two weeks after taking the postinor 2 (which is my day 25), I had my menses (no difference in colour and/or duration) and I was relieved. The week after I was placed on triple therapy for ulcer treatment (omeprazole, amoxycillin and metronidazole) for 2 weeks. This span to the third week of my cycle. The problem now is that my period for this month, by day 26 I started having pms just like I normally do for say 4-5 days before the bleeding. However up till now, my period is yet to come. I took urine pregnancy test and it came out negative. is it the postinor that is messing with my cycle or the triple therapy thing. This is my first, no prior experience like this n my normal cycle is 28/29 days.

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Postinor 1 or 2 is one OHC pills classified as emergency pills. The fact that it's readily available as OTC doesn't mean ladies should be so nonchalant in taking first preventive measure which is to abstain from sex*ual intercourse within their fertile period. The use of postinor should come into play when ladies fail to resist sex*ual advancement, and give in to sex within their fertile period.

But what saddens the most are cases of ladies who indulge in sex a day after menses and unwittingly takes postinor unnecessarily. That to me is sheer ignorance. They barely understand the modality involve in conception.

I also had a case in which a lady who didn't want to take chances, took postinor every month for two years like it was vitamin C. She was later diagnosed with endometriosis.

Please ladies, it's very imperative you understand your menstruation, know your menstrual cycle, and insist on the use of barrier prophylaxis like condom if you know you're not ready to be called 'mama nkechi' !!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by evankelly123: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Doc,thank you...but the bleeding wasnt spotting atall.it ran for 4dayz.should i still get the PT strips
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
evankelly123:
Doc,thank you...but the bleeding wasnt spotting atall.it ran for 4dayz.should i still get the PT strips
If it flowed for 4days, then it's not implantational bleeding, there won't be a need for the strip, though you still get it and just give it a try, it's just N50.

Now, back to the possible reason/cause why your menses flowed ahead of schedule. Let me ask, are you on any hormonal therapy/drugs?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dobisyno: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello doctor

During intercourse, i hardly get wet or stimulated no matter d stimulation or i myt get wet but become so dry within a few mins and this is really hindering my sex life. Please wat could be the problem with me and how do i remedy it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Alawokit(f): 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gud evening doctor,my own case is am AS nd all d guys av met so far re AS as well but d issues is a friend of mine told me pple don't follow dat AS must look for AA.she tld me there is an arrangement in hospital nw, do knw how true it.pls I need medical advice on dis,am due for marriage,u knw children re essentials in marriage I don't wnt to av SS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 12, 2014
Alawokit:
Gud evening doctor,my own case is am AS nd all d guys av met so far re AS as well but d issues is a friend of mine told me pple don't follow dat AS must look for AA.she tld me there is an arrangement in hospital nw, do knw how true it.pls I need medical advice on dis,am due for marriage,u knw children re essentials in marriage I don't wnt to av SS.
Genotypic compactibility is quite important in marital decision. Bt it deals with probability. For a lady who is 'AS', the probability of her having 'SS' children(sickled cells) with an 'AS' partner is 1/4(0.25 or 25%). This doesn't mean if they both get married, one of the kids will or must surely be 'SS', or 'AS' or 'AA', as against what most people misconstrue. It all deals with probability, chances!

But because of the love we tend to have for our kids and how we want them to be healthy, and feel normal among their peers, we need mind how we risk bringing them to life. 'AS/AS' couple doesn't have 100% assurance of bearing healthy kids, they only have 75%, as against 'AS/AA' couple who has 100% assurance of bearing normal kids to life. 'AS/AS' couple has 25% risk, while 'AS/AA' couple has 0% risk of having sickle cell children.

Love surpasses everything. The love 'AS' couple might have for each other could actually make them take the risk. But then, the first consideration should be the love for the children to come!

In as much as we now have proper sickle cell management, it doesn't mean we should blindly or nonchalantly plunge into taking that risk. No matter how effective the management is, the kids might still be scarred psychologically.

Concerning whatever arrangement there is at the hospitals, I don't know about that. But I'll advise you try to look for an 'AA' partner, so that you'll have a restful, enjoyable, no hassle, no rushing to the hospital, and no regret family life. Always ask the guys you seem to size up as potential partner their genotype. But do that discreetly.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 12, 2014
Dobisyno:
Hello doctor

During intercourse, i hardly get wet or stimulated no matter d stimulation or i myt get wet but become so dry within a few mins and this is really hindering my sex life. Please wat could be the problem with me and how do i remedy it?
Some factors could be responsible, ranging from psychological, physiological, to methodological.

Psychological factor deals with your emotions, or state of mind during intercourse. Ladies who do not have feelings or strong feelings for the guys they have sex with, tend to experince 'xerocolposis(dry vag*na). But when there is feelings involve, she feels relax, and experince vag*nal wetness while having sex.

Physiological factor deals with body function and constituents. There are hormones responsible for vag*nal wetness. Ladies with the right balance of those hormones experince vag*nal wetness readily, as against ladies who likely have not so balanced secretions. Estrogenic with androgenic hormones are responsible for vag*nal wetness. If these hormones are not optimally secreted, vag*nal dryness might not be feasible

Methodologically factor deals with sex*al knowledge and experince. The way it's done, or the method applied.
There are some sex styles that aid vag*nal wetness and cumming.

Other miscellaneous factors include the time at which the sex is done(likely during rush hours), and the place the sex is done. Of course you don't expect to get wet and maintain that wetness if you're having sex in an uncondusive settings like having sex in a car, or public restrooms, in cinemas and all!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by evankelly123: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Doc,hormonal drugs ,NO i am not on hormonal drug. had PID and the doctor gave me Doxycap tablet,and B complex. guess the reason was i took alcohol .does alcohol have effect on implantation because am kinda confused.thank u .wil buy the PT strip and check anyway
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
evankelly123:
Doc,hormonal drugs ,NO i am not on hormonal drug. had PID and the doctor gave me Doxycap tablet,and B complex. guess the reason was i took alcohol .does alcohol have effect on implantation because am kinda confused.thank u .wil buy the PT strip and check anyway
. Now there's a twist to this. You never mentioned earlier you have/had an Hx of PID, or an active case of PID.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease is the most common pathological cause of infertility in women. Your inability to conceive is likely due to the PID, and perhaps, if you're an active drinker, that could also add to it.

The reason why your menses flowed ahead to schedule is because of the doxycycline(doxycap) you took. Hormonal pills and antibiotics affect the balance of hormone, and could either hasten menstruation, or delay it.

Ma'am, don't worry about the PT strip. I'll advise you go for HSG to ascertain the state of your tubes.

Also, PID treatment works effectively if combined regimens are used. You may need to remind you physician that there's one other antibiotic he needs to combine with the Doxycap, he'll remember.

One more thing,,,,,,,,,, Please keep away from alcohol for now!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joodaaa(m): 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
We introduce to you our modern range of PATIENT MONITOR. Our iM 15, iM 12 (15” high resolution color TFT display with LED backlight) and our HANDHELD PATIENT MONITOR are modern medical technological equipment you should own as a medical practitioner. Optional full touch screen for easy operation, support 7-Lead ECG waveforms being displayed on screen,pacer pulse analysis, ST segment analysis and 20 types of arrhythmia analysis with other modern features.Let Jooda (the SW rep) show you our modern medical devices and let grow your medical outfit. ANELPAT MEDICAL COMPANY LIMITED is sure bringing modern medical technologies to your doorsteps. Call NOW 08138107982. www.anelpatgroup.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by teegurl2(f): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hello Doctor, please can Augmentin cure staph.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.