Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878070 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nkehenry(f): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
Good afternoon Dr, I ve TTC for 2 yrs, also ve multiple uterine fibroid, last week I visited hospital for surgery, d gyno send me for HSG Test. Which couldn't work as a result of my tight cervic. The radiologist refered me back to the gyno to use catalyst, yesterday the Gyno tried it and faild to penetrate, the dr said that the fibroid has covered my cervic & the surgery will be carried out without HSG test
Pls Dr is it advisable for the sugery to go on without the HSG test.
THANKS
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 28, 2018
nkehenry:
Good afternoon Dr, I ve TTC for 2 yrs, also ve multiple uterine fibroid, last week I visited hospital for surgery, d gyno send me for HSG Test. Which couldn't work as a result of my tight cervic. The radiologist refered me back to the gyno to use catalyst, yesterday the Gyno tried it and faild to penetrate, the dr said that the fibroid has covered my cervic & the surgery will be carried out without HSG test
Pls Dr is it advisable for the sugery to go on without the HSG test.
THANKS

Ma'am.

Couldn't the Radiologists proffer a means other than HSG? MRI can still work,and could even help in good treatment options.

Then,removal of the growth follows.

However, it depends on the availability of service. How many clinics have a MRI scan machine? And does one have its service at a cheap price?

If the Gynecologist is obvious of this growth and the reason to it is citable to have it removed, then he should.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nkehenry(f): 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ok Dr,
thanks for your suggestion and advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
nkehenry:
Ok Dr, thanks for your suggestion and advice.
You're welcome!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mystikal(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
My wife is 6 months pregnant but her bp recently has been on the high side ranging between 130/90 and 150/110. Her doctor recommended aldomet and nifedipine, but she complains of serious headache when she takes the nifedipine and hardly sleeps at night and has refused to continue the nifedipine. Now her pharmacist has told her to combine the aldomet with lexotan to help her but I am not sure I trust lexotan with pregnancy. Not sure about its contra indication. Are these combinations safe?
Wife is carrying twins by the way
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
mystikal:
My wife is 6 months pregnant but her bp recently has been on the high side ranging between 130/90 and 150/110. Her doctor recommended aldomet and nifedipine, but she complains of serious headache when she takes the nifedipine and hardly sleeps at night and has refused to continue the nifedipine. Now her pharmacist has told her to combine the aldomet with lexotan to help her but I am not sure I trust lexotan with pregnancy. Not sure about its contra indication. Are these combinations safe?
Wife is carrying twins by the way

I will want to discuss with her privately. You may use my signature for that. Charges are applicable though. Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by damite94(m): 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hhjjj
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by SickleCellFndtn: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MercciLee: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
allure5:

Thanks a lot Dr for the detailed explanation... GOD bless you abundantly.

Please house, I need to interview an Andrologist(s) for my weekly health column in a national newspaper, please help a brother. Thank you fam
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
MercciLee:

Please house, I need to interview an Andrologist(s) for my weekly health column in a national newspaper, please help a brother. Thank you fam

In this part of the Africa and the world in general to find an Andrologist is a hard knock. Nevertheless, andrology is just a division in Urology(the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs). The nearest at your quest should then be a Urologist.

Should you haven't find one or just find it difficult to have any at your disposal, you may have me open for this service.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
damite94:
Pls help oo, i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, 29th January, though i used withdrawal method, never released on her, but still gave her postinor 2 to avoid any story and panic, but till now she haven't seen her menstrual period.. Could she be pregnant??

Sir,
It is much easy to argue that one did coitus interruptus without a fling of semen introduced into her vagina than to reason it out that some spliced of it could have run down her love pipe. A chance of this occurrence is sure,in fact anything can happen.

Yes! since the sex play was done without any sheath one without a common could have fall in for the use of Emergency Contraceptive Pills(ECPs), which you did. But the best could have been to use either to a male condom for you and a femidom for the female. This will prevent unnecessary hassle you have dashed into.

Postinor 2 has always stand out as an ECPS. And if properly used will always put a block to fertilisation to happen, or even ovulation to halt should she has not ovulated. The later is usually the confusion with those applying this drug to use. This may render a delay to her monthly flow. Perhaps, when it returns,first consecutive cycles may not be regular and if at all her hormones haven't had issue with imbalances then it will come back as normal.

But if she has had a wrong use of the drug. There are certainty that she could be pregnant or not. To avoid mind troubles,why don't you have her check for pregnancy using HPT kits?! or,better visit your local clinic around, check on her for a blood test. She may be pregnant or not.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chammypresh1(f): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2018
I was diagnosed of having PCOS.
am not married yet and can't just stand staying long in marriage without conception.
am in my early 20's.

my last mensuration was August last year
please any advice, even my doctor is not saying anything positive about it.

please help a soul
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 03, 2018
Chammypresh1:
I was diagnosed of having PCOS.
am not married yet and can't just stand staying long in marriage without conception.
am in my early 20's.

my last mensuration was August last year
please any advice, even my doctor is not saying anything positive about it.

please help a soul

There is nothing positive or good to say about PCOS. By now,you should have understand your not experiencing menstruation monthly stems from it. PCOS is only responsible in disturbing her cycle hormone balance but could in anyway affect other systems of the body such as leading to high blood sugar and then cardiovascular disease. Plus the fact that the sufferer could also be housing in steepy amount of androgen hormones. This is enough to ensure infertility as it best.

And also when anyone is diagnosed to have this condition, we are best to educate her about all it is to be living as one carrying PCOS. It is more like talking to a person suspected to have problems with her insulin. An error of metabolism of this hormone could lead to high blood glucose,this may lead to Diabetes mellitus when it is improperly managed. So,do a fasting blood sugar test to confirm the level of glucose in your blood. Should it is yet high,ensure to maintain a diet that is less in sugar to disenable any increase on your end. You may also promote a decrease of blood sugar by engaging in routine exercise too. But it is on the high side,seek a doctor's advice to know what medication one could take to fall it down.

Yet as a woman,it is necessary that one maintains balances that will cause you to see your period whenever the need be. Most times females with PCOS are being induced to ovulate. Your doctor may see the need to induced your ovulation. This will cause one to have menstruation soon enough. While some may advice on not inducing ovulation if you are not yet married or yet to.

And if you have had cause to have an androgen screening and it was observed that you have high hormones of the androgen which could be disturbing sometimes.You may also seek a doctor's advice to know of using drugs that could be helpful in reducing those androgen hormones or perhaps convert them to the useful gonal hormones.

Never feel sad,ensure a proper management. Don't get tired of yourself. Whenever you need assistance on health call your doctor to your aid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 03, 2018
CONSULTATION SERVICES ON GYN/OBS

I wish to make it known publicly that I run consultation services on female health and pregnancy on mobile basis.
This is will allow me to have a special private discussion with all respective subjects as necessary.
Being suggested as putting all things make and put together, it is not going to run free. This will requires one to pay a certain amount for the time accrued or used. It is cheap and does not require one to pay as high as any physical services.

HOW TO START:
At first I thought it was good rendering out this service on phone call,it came so late that conversation through any of these messengers was alright. And using the whatapps messenger has proved it worth. Please in order to start,I would prefer;
i) You call to introduce yourself.
ii) You may also state clearly what service you really require from me
iii) if you don't feel like calling,you may also send it through by normal text messages
iv)Don't make any payment until you have discus this with me
v) Make transfer of service charges and confirm on my end if I have been credited.
vi) You may start conversing with me on whatapps or if you don't mind tell me when you want the consultation.

TIME AND DAYS FOR CONSULTATION:
Monday - Friday: 5p.m - 12a.m
Saturday - Sunday : 1p.m - 4p.m(noon)
8p.m - 1 a.m (evening)

CONSULTATION CHARGES:
The following are marked charges with respect time spent discussing on the phone;
At most 45min-1hr========1000-naira(#1000)
1hr-2hr========2000-naira(#2000)
2hr-3hr========3000-naira(#3000)
The rule is simple,for every hour spent a thousand naira is charge. It is cheap and affordable.

PAYMENT:
Service is render before payment as to avoid any case of incongruent complexities. Regarding this, I will duly indulge everyone to be churchly minded that operating under falsity and scamming is highly disapproving. Let's do things right.

PAYMENT METHOD:
Mobile transfer of service charges is richly advisable
CONSULTATION PHONE NUMBER: 08176371308 and 09075560712

CONSULTATION ACCOUNT NUMBER:
FCMB
Gabriel Ogedegbe

...respect to this I sincerely seek your resolve to give inputs to make this simpler and reachable to everyone giving an intention that I might not have hinted on something or overlooked at it.
In addition to the former,I want everyone us to:
1) draw the attention of every person here in case a fraud is sensed.
2) copy the vital part of this post as it may not always be pasted.
3) tell other women of this service as a helping hand to others.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
Please I need advice, I found it difficult to conceive again for baby #2. My boy will be 3 year in july. Ssometimes i do have cramp during my ovulatio period and some other time a week to my period. My last period was 8 Feb and this month period suppose to be on 6th March but is coming 3 days early now. Before this time have started having stomach cramp since Monday till around thursday but not painful. What can I do because I will be 39yr soon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
Bograd83:
Please I need advice, I found it difficult to conceive again for baby #2. My boy will be 3 year in july. Ssometimes i do have cramp during my ovulatio period and some other time a week to my period. My last period was 8 Feb and this month period suppose to be on 6th March but is coming 3 days early now. Before this time have started having stomach cramp since Monday till around thursday but not painful. What can I do because I will be 39yr soon.

There is still no headway to know or pinpoint from your post that anything is wrong somewhere. Cramps you complain of could be only cyclical and not substantial to prove any abnormalities.

Provided that all things are alright,you will definitely get to carry another pregnancy. Keep watch on when you are ovulating and capitalize on it. If you have concern of hormonal imbalance, you may try a laboratory center for a check on your reproductive hormones so as to be sure of what is wrong or not.

Did you find it difficult to carry pregnancy for the first one? Has it been like this within the family lineage?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 04, 2018
Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MercciLee: 10:36am On Mar 05, 2018
We can deal Doc. Could you please send me your mail just so we take it from thete.
Thanksa bunch!
LuckyG1:

In this part of the Africa and the world in general to find an Andrologist is a hard knock. Nevertheless, andrology is just a division in Urology(the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs). The nearest at your quest should then be a Urologist.

Should you haven't find one or just find it difficult to have any at your disposal, you may have me open for this service.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
MercciLee:
We can deal Doc. Could you please send me your mail just so we take it from thete.
Thanksa bunch!

Get me through my signature...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 06, 2018
MercciLee:
Thanksa bunch!

No PM,follow as directed!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by candygirl4real: 11:28am On Mar 07, 2018
Good day doc in the house. I have three girls and really in need of a boy. Pls enlighten me on how to conceive a male Child.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 09, 2018
candygirl4real:
Good day doc in the house. I have three girls and really in need of a boy. Pls enlighten me on how to conceive a male Child.
Gynecology is getting aged to the core that the female reproductive needs are studied,examined, proffered and tailored. So, I think goes for Medicine in the wider prospect. This era of ours count in approaching diversification than any other before now. We have assumed the sky is no longer our limit.
Hence,we try to think above the natural that subject almost everything we do to chances.

Pregnancy on it own is a thing of chance. For a male child or a female child to come off it is also a thing of probability. And whatever approach to Sex Selection also works on chances and assumption. Whatever we practice in Sex selection is not totally cut off from assumption and prediction. Should God have failed in your timing, you may be interested to have your way:

1. putting in for IVF/PGD( in vitro fertilization/ preimplantation genetic diagnosis) technique: It is cost. Service available abroad.

2.Sperm sorting Flow cytometry( SSFC): It is cost. Service also not available in most country abroad.Commonly done in the U.S

3.Timing methods: Since you are interested in wanting a male child. You may be interested in Whelan's method of sex selection,like this: you may have to do sex 4-6days before your ovulation. It is postulated the male sex cell is active enough to stay to that time of fertilisation than that of the female.

4.Post implantation method: Reachable but also requires laboratory techniques. Also may not be cheap since it requires fetal DNA sampling to the mother's blood test..

These are the best we can offer. Not 100% sure but anyway has proved useful. It has its own advantage and disadvantage too.

Hope this helps?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
Thank you, mods!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Maryam1234(f): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
Please doctor is it advisable for a woman that's two weeks pregnant to have sex,I have been avoiding it since I took in and it's not going down well with my hubby.He believes it's safe but I need medical advise before succumbing to his demands.It's my first baby and I don't wanna take chances.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
Maryam1234:
Please doctor is it advisable for a woman that's two weeks pregnant to have sex,I have been avoiding it since I took in and it's not going down well with my hubby.He believes it's safe but I need medical advise before succumbing to his demands.It's my first baby and I don't wanna take chances.

It is very safe to have sex at that week of pregnancy and as you wish for the other weeks provided that the pregnancy is proceeding as expected.

Note, MouthAction is safe but carefulness require that air embolism may be avoid if not practise. This is rare from the air-breath from your spouse.

If you have problem with pregnancy induced pile,anal sex may not be advised.

No sex for a case where the man has any kind of sexually transmitted disease or urinary tract infection, till he has sought treatment for it.

Your doctor may see having sex in pregnancy problematic if:

1. you have vaginal bleeding

2. having the placenta capping your inside cervix

3. seeming to have a pregnancy not to term

4. break of bag fluid

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Maryam1234(f): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
LuckyG1:

It is very safe to have sex at that week of pregnancy and as you wish for the other weeks provided that the pregnancy is proceeding as expected.

Note, MouthAction is safe but carefulness require that air embolism may be avoid if not practise. This is rare from the air-breath from your spouse.

If you have problem with pregnancy induced pile,anal sex may not be advised.

No sex for a case where the man has any kind of sexually transmitted disease or urinary tract infection, till he has sought treatment for it.

Your doctor may see having sex in pregnancy problematic if:

1. you have vaginal bleeding

2. having the placenta capping your inside cervix

3. seeming to have a pregnancy not to term

4. break of bag fluid

Thanks a bunch for the response doctor,it's quiet appreciated.I am so happy to be here at this point of my life,marriage is truly indeed an institution.I have been learning alot since I joined Nairaland health forum.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by presidentpikin: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
Good Day House,
Please I will want to get this information about the intramural fibroid measurement of 4.83cm, 4.77cm, 8.28cm and 3.1cm....I was been advised by the Dr to go for myomectomy surgery while a colleague is suggesting i should go for natural cure of Green life herbal treatment to shrink the fibroids...Please Mamas in the house which one is preferable ?
How many mamas in the house have made use of National Hospital IVF center and there cost and their success rate?Please I will appreciate your timely response
Thank You
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
Maryam1234:

Thanks a bunch for the response doctor,it's quiet appreciated.I am so happy to be here at this point of my life,marriage is truly indeed an institution.I have been learning alot since I joined Nairaland health forum.

Just keep learning...That is the best part humanity can offer.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtdarling(f): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hello Doc

Please what is cause of period changing from 24 days cycle to 32 days cycle. It's been 32 cycle for 3 months now. Although I noticed that ovulation comes much later now, so I suppose Dts y d cycle dates became longer. Please doc, what could be d factors that led to the recent increase in cycle.

Thanks a lot sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
presidentpikin:
Good Day House,
Please I will want to get this information about the intramural fibroid measurement of 4.83cm, 4.77cm, 8.28cm and 3.1cm....I was been advised by the Dr to go for myomectomy surgery while a colleague is suggesting i should go for natural cure of Green life herbal treatment to shrink the fibroids...Please Mamas in the house which one is preferable ?
How many mamas in the house have made use of National Hospital IVF center and there cost and their success rate?Please I will appreciate your timely response
Thank You

If you have been advised to have that mass removed,please do. The dimension tells so. Shrink what? Shrinking do a less service at the end you will still call for a removal and that should have been when you must have waste time and resources on it.

You may use the link below to reach women of common of interest that could have done IVF at NH.

https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc/2307
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
swtdarling:
Hello Doc

Please what is cause of period changing from 24 days cycle to 32 days cycle. It's been 32 cycle for 3 months now. Although I noticed that ovulation comes much later now, so I suppose Dts y d cycle dates became longer. Please doc, what could be d factors that led to the recent increase in cycle.

Thanks a lot sir

Sometimes causes are idiopathic ( no special known cause or just essential). Major cause could have been an unexplained hormone imbalance. Perhaps,it could happened from a medication weeks after now or just recently. Or, plainly just stress. It is also common with adult females getting close to climacterics.

However, it is not a problem since you still observe your ovulation. You may learn to monitor any factor acting as a limiting factor and then stay off. Keep date of both ovulation and days of flow. Notwithstanding, you should be expecting a positive reverse with time,should it fail learn to stay with your new found cycle and adjust amicably.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swtdarling(f): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
LuckyG1:

Sometimes causes are idiopathic ( no special known cause or just essential). Major cause could have been an unexplained hormone imbalance. Perhaps,it could happened from a medication weeks after now or just recently. Or, plainly just stress. It is also common with adult females getting close to climacterics.

However, it is not a problem since you still observe your ovulation. You may learn to monitor any factor acting as a limiting factor and then stay off. Keep date of both ovulation and days of flow. Notwithstanding, you should be expecting a positive reverse with time,should it fail learn to stay with your new found cycle and adjust amicably.

Thank you very much. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.