Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,374 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ (18951 Views)

South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / General Buhari Did Not Buy A Single Rifle For Military As Head Of State – GEJ / Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
De Wisedon: Our ORLU state is on d way.i wil be geting ready to contest 4 councillorship
gbam! cant wait for orlu state to be created.my village will surely be a local government.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Classicalman(m): 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
We don't want the southeast balkanised further in the name of state creation. Instead, the F.G should consider increasing the monetary allocation to the S.E states as a way of compensating us for the one state shortfall. Pure and simple!
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by danjohn: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
New states We need to merge some of the states we have and save money. Right now we have too many states that are glorified local governments.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
One of the greatest injustice of post civil war Nigeria is about to be addressed, already SE has lost billions of naira but its better late than the late. Aba state will be the most viable although Orlu or Njaba state wont be a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mr9iceGuy: Njaba State, Orlu zone comprises of 12 existin local govt out of present Imo state, includin 2 aditional lga from Anambra, we will surely carry the day. Njaba State, capital Orlu. Hoooo haaa
correct my brother! orlu deserves a state. i hope arthur nzeribe will not open his lousy mouth and spoil everything the way he did the other time.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MadCow1: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
It is senseless comments like this that makes me thing that some of you eat bread and oil for breakfast. In your dirty mind, human resources doesn't mean anything to you.

I am all for human resources.. But I'm sorry, if we are judging productivity of a state based on human resources alone, then all states in Nigeria are valuable especially with the loads of unemployed graduates and even unemployed skilled workers patrolling the streets..

However, a state like Ebonyi with all its potentials of being not just a leading local producer of food but also an exporter is on the top five poorest states in the Nation.. Lets not forget our Ekiti counter parts that recieve more federal allocation than they contribute.

This is not about human resources as human resources is really not quantify'able' (sorry didnt know how to speel that correctly).. I'm talking about productivity in terms of physical cash..

Ichie.. Ekene ka'm na ekene gi o!! .. angry
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Clemzy16(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
So, when did states creation became a priority based on satisfiying some set of people/region. Nigeria! I hail thee.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by achi4u(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
SE east really need additional state in order to address many ills and injustics been melted to the Igbos.

Nssuka deserves a new state.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Are you drunk ? Anyway,somebody better not mess with Anambra state. We are perfect the way we are.
Eze Nri biko wetuo obi, jiriya wayo, awughi mu onye mmai. Now why should we settle for one (Anioma state) when we can still have it by proxy and yet get an extra state? Dont get me wrong, all Igbos wether east or west of the niger are one and have equall right but Anioma should remain in Delta since Asaba is still the capital . Ordinarily they constitute the single largest population in delta( though Ughrobo is wrongly credited with this) and have all it takes to be a state. Ndewo.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
achi4u: SE east really need additional state in order to address many ills and injustics been melted to the Igbos.

Nssuka deserves a new state.
Isn't Nsukka too small to be given a state? Also for some reason, i don't want to relinquish any part of Enugu.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by phreakabit(m): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Long overdue. . . . Patiently waiting. Good news if you ask me. Now left to us to make something meaningful out of this.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by phreakabit(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
No need for us to start arguing about who gets the new state, as long as it is from/for the SE.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by achi4u(m): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Clemzy16: So, when did states creation became a priority based on satisfiying some set of people/region. Nigeria! I hail thee.
It is not about satisfying some set of people,instead it is about equality and fairness.SE cannot remain five states while others maintain six states and above...we need this state for good or for worst afterall nigeria is gradally sinking.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by adaifeoma(f): 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
okpara ugo:

How much has the oil benefited you

Learn the difference between ''what we have'' and ''what i have''.
nna were ya nwayoo,d oil just land we will in one way or another benefit 4rm it.abi u 4rm kogi allow us to enjoy d oil b4 una create.nna nekwanu ifeanyi
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: We don't want the southeast balkanised further in the name of state creation. Instead, the F.G should consider increasing the monetary allocation to the S.E states as a way of compensating us for the one state shortfall. Pure and simple!
Nwayi oma you failed Nigeria politiconomics 101, on what basis would FG allocate money to compensate SE if not through the creation of state and local government? Nobody is balkanising us!

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is no longer news. I wait to see the new State. Until then adeus!
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by achi4u(m): 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Isn't Nsukka too small to be given a state? Also for some reason, i don't want to relinquish any part of Enugu.
Oga Afam,
The people of Nsukka have been crying for a new state(Adada state),not that their present state(Enugu) is marginalising them but because many of them are saying that 'they have land mass' and 'enough population',just like old Abakaliki divison.
Take for instance the distance from 9th mile corner to Obolo Afor Nsukka.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
achi4u: Oga Afam,
The people of Nsukka have been crying for a new state(Adada state),not that their present state(Enugu) is marginalising them but because many of them are saying that 'they have land mass' and 'enough population',just like old Abakaliki divison.
Take for instance the distance from 9th mile corner to Obolo Afor Nsukka.
If it's about land mass, then the North should have at least one hundred states. I also don't think Nsukka has a good population to be given their own state. Except they're merged with another town in another state. I also don't see any landmark of note in Nsukka except for the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
aribisala0:
We are not talking about what is good or right or fair but REALITY.

What is actually going to happen. That is human nature. I'm afraid those who won the Civil War are "SENIOR" partners in this project and plucking at sentimental strings will not change that. Any correction of injustice will not happen through peaceful dialogue.
The North have a VETO on State Creation under our present constitution and they are happy with the status quo. They have 19 states and the south 17 = 57 senators to 51

WHY would they agree to any changes

Becos weak minds like you do not have enough courage to fight for ur right, thats what I called cowardice.
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow: Half of the Northern States are unproductively useless and contribute less than 0.0001 % of our GNI.. Ebonyi & Enugu are under-achieving Eastern States.. Ekiti amongst many other Yoruba States are leeches that are sucking the wealth out of the country.. Dont get me started on some middle belt states..

Only the Niger Delta States have been contributing more than their quota to the GNI...

Now we are about to add more states rather than dissolve some already existing states..

If more States are to be created, the Niger Delta oil Derivation should be increased to 75%.
angry
you are indeed suffering from mad cow disease!
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: We don't want the southeast balkanised further in the name of state creation. Instead, the F.G should consider increasing the monetary allocation to the S.E states as a way of compensating us for the one state shortfall. Pure and simple!

the only way there will be increment of allocation to the zone is additional state creation, thats the way Nigeria work,abokis chartering away all the money in the name of having more states and LGs

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by MrEverest(m): 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow: Half of the Northern States are unproductively useless and contribute less than 0.0001 % of our GNI.. Ebonyi & Enugu are under-achieving Eastern States.. Ekiti amongst many other Yoruba States are leeches that are sucking the wealth out of the country.. Dont get me started on some middle belt states..

Only the Niger Delta States have been contributing more than their quota to the GNI...

Now we are about to add more states rather than dissolve some already existing states..

If more States are to be created, the Niger Delta oil Derivation should be increased to 75%.
angry
I put it to you that indeed you are suffering from mad cow disease!

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
Well...no problem creating another state in the S/E if this will stop the Victim-mentality.

At least now, the 6 zone are all going to be equal in term of representation except the N/W with advantage of an additional state.

Igbo-kwenu!! grin

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by stjudas(m): 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Now, haters of South East can jump into River Niger, drown and meet their ancestors in hell. Igbo g'adi! Gbamm!!
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by REALIKUKU: 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Please accept this revelation, the the new state will be called Uransi state and all the five state will donate some LGA,eg Abia will give Isikweatu and Umuneochi, Anambra will give Orumba north and south.Enugu will give Udi and Nkanu,Eboyi will give isiagu and ivo while imo will give Idiato north and south, osu ,nwangele, uguta, oru west nkwere. men this is a nice combination
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by aribisala0(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD: [/b]

Becos weak minds like you do not have enough courage to fight for ur right, thats what I called cowardice.
Your mother and father are weak minds and will die weak! Hopefully by weekend under a trailer
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by fulfillment2020(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Am laughing due to ppls comments here because when its time to actualise this, my people will kill themselves because of common state creation which i dont think many people will benefit from.....smh
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by tiwasiaife(m): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is a pure arithmetic to suit every states in the southeast without anybody feeling cheated. From Anambra state (Aguata,orumba north and orumba south LGAs),ENUGU (awgu,Aninri and Oji River L.G.As),Ebonyi(Ikwo,ohaozarra LGAs), Abia(Umunochi L.GA) and Imo(Okigwe LGA) which will make up EQUITY STATE.These Men are frm these place i mentioned Ikekweremmadu,uchechukwumerije,Andy uba,pius anyim to mention bt a few. They will facilitate to its emergence.

1 Like

Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by aribisala0(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
It would be worthwhile to start counting those states that will actually vote for it in their Houses of Assembly

At least 7 from the North MUST support ANY new state

assuming EVERY state in the South is in support.

Those who have Eyes have already seen this hence the call for SNC anything else will be like the story of Israel and Palestine
GEJ will NOT create a single LGA before he goes! and No civilian President can
Re: South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ by fulfillment2020(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
REALIKUKU: Please accept this revelation, the the new state will be called Uransi state and all the five state will donate some LGA,eg Abia will give Isikweatu and Umuneochi, Anambra will give Orumba north and south.Enugu will give Udi and Nkanu,Eboyi will give isiagu and ivo while imo will give Idiato north and south, osu ,nwangele, uguta, oru west nkwere. men this is a nice combination
U make sense bro, this will be better for equality and fairness amongst the SE states. Best comment so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra / Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch / Kwara APC Hails Appeal Court Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.