Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture (21549 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel: Kindly show me explicit verses in the bible that suggest :

1. A secret rapture

2. Second chance at salvation after this 'rapture'

3. That salvation will no more be by grace but death

Thanks

1. What d̶̲̅σ you mean by secret rapture?

2. If no one can come to christ after rapture(during the great tribulatio), why are people persecuted for their faith(Rev 20:4), rev 6:9-11 speaks of those who are matryed because of the word of God and the testimony which they have received, Why will there be matryers during the great tribulation if they will not be saved eventually?
"For then shall be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the earth and will never be.
22. And except those days be shortened, there SHALL NO FLESH BE SAVED...(Mat 24:21-22).

3. "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work and only him that letteth(restrains) will let until he be taken away(2 thessalonians 2:7)
"My spirit shall not always strive with mansadgen 6:3)
My brother frosbel, its the presence of the holy spirit(he who letteth or restrains) that is still preventing the anti-christ from being revealed or manifested, once the holy spirit is taken away after the rapture, he reveals himself(anti-christ) and

starts to show his wickedness after the second half of the 7 years, then there will be no mercy at all, there will be great tribulation that you can only be saved with the price of ur blood if you dont accept the mark of the beast, this is in revelation and not a deeper life teaching my brother. It was something i knew before joining deeper life, infact while i was still a muslim. Just try studying revelation line by line..God bless you.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2012
And frosbel, mattew24:40-41 and Ist corinthians 15:52- is about the rapture if you dont believe..God bless U.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
"Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval." - Romans 14:4
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

"Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval." - Romans 14:4

I hope this reconstruction of how the rapture will pan out will help in your research for the rapture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6aji4bdWU
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Bella3(f): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
I was just about joining the Deeper life church. Oga frosbel tel me the best church
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
Bélla3: I was just about joining the Deeper life church. Oga frosbel tel me the best church

If you are born again, tell me why you are joining church

You , me and we are the CHURCH , the called out ones, the body of Christ.

By all means join a fellowship of believers , BUT , do not make their church doctrine your standard, your standard has to be the BIBLE.

If on the other hand you reject my advice , then you will end up following men and their man-made doctrines and quite possibly miss the right path.

Peace !!

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Bella3(f): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

By all means join a fellowship of believers , BUT , do not make their church doctrine your standard, your standard has to be the BIBLE.

If on the other hand you reject my advice , then you will end up following men and their man-made doctrines and quite possibly miss the right path.

Peace !!
hmmm.. Hw do i knw a good fellowship?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
Bélla3: hmmm.. Hw do i knw a good fellowship?

Join their bible study , house fellowship, etc but do not be a member , be loosely attached to any church you attend, because once you become a member you become involved in the propagation of false doctrine.

Pray , ask God for guidance and he will guide you, stop looking to deeper life for answers, only Christ Jesus has the answers.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ." - 1 John 2:27
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Peace !!

Whats the difference between joining a fellowship of believers and joining RCCG?
Ok what if the believers fellowshiping together just decide to call their name "Church of christ" of course they are the church of christ and since they know every member of the fellowship is a church of christ, then they decide to call the fellowship "church of christ", whats wrong there?
Thats just the origin of calling of the deeper life "church", christ apostolic "church"..e.t.c' dont forget the fellowship comprises of the church of God so there wont be anything wrong namimg the fellowship "a church".

Get it right bro..
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Join their bible study , house fellowship, etc but do not be a member , be loosely attached to any church you attend, because once you become a member you become involved in the propagation of false doctrine.

Pray , ask God for guidance and he will guide you, stop looking to deeper life for answers, only Christ Jesus has the answers.

"But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ." - 1 John 2:27

Whats the essence of joining the fellowship of believers at first?
My brother and you are getting it all wrong, if DL has a doctrine(as u say) not conforming to the scriptures, then i can take whatever action i like but they are, i know the 21 cardinal doctrine by DLBC and they are all biblical based bro.

If its the tradition you dont like, you can refuse, it wont take you to hell since God dint attach any punishment to it.

So get the difference btw the doctrines and the traditions, the tradition is man made probably but the doctrines are biblically based..thxs
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:

Whats the difference between joining a fellowship of believers and joining RCCG?
Ok what if the believers fellowshiping together just decide to call their name "Church of christ" of course they are the church of christ and since they know every member of the fellowship is a church of christ, then they decide to call the fellowship "church of christ", whats wrong there?
Thats just the origin of calling of the deeper life "church", christ apostolic "church"..e.t.c' dont forget the fellowship comprises of the church of God so there wont be anything wrong namimg the fellowship "a church".

Get it right bro..

Why the names ?

I have nothing against fellowshipping with believers in any group , be it you , deeperlife, rccg or whatever.

However I will not be called a member of RCCG or deeperlife, I will simply go by the name of believer in Jesus, saved and washed in the blood of the lamb.

The moment you become a fully fledged member of a church , you are bound by their creeds, customs, commandments and requirements on your time, resources and sometimes even your family.

We must worship GOD only and not Kumuiyi or Adeboye.

Jesus is LORD.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Why the names ?

I have nothing against fellowshipping with believers in any group , be it you , deeperlife, rccg or whatever.

However I will not be called a member of RCCG or deeperlife, I will simply go by the name of believer in Jesus, saved and washed in the blood of the lamb.

The moment you become a fully fledged member of a church , you are bound by their creeds, customs, commandments and requirements on your time, resources and sometimes even your family.

We must worship GOD only and not Kumuiyi or Adeboye.

Jesus is LORD.

No one is worshipping kumuyi bro neither is anyone worshipping adeboye and the will never accept worship, i asked in a previous post if the followers of apostle paul and the rest were worshipping him, you dint reply..
"Therefore brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by "our word" or by our epistle (2 thessalonians 2:15)

Are you suggesting the thessalonian christians should have left the tradition they were taught "saying paul is just a man, we are to follow christ only, we have the Spirit" then i will just say you are ignorant.

Even Jesus himself preached in the synagogue on the sabath, there is nothing wrong my brother in being a member of a church as long as they dont contradict what the bible is saying.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:

No one is worshipping kumuyi bro neither is anyone worshipping adeboye and the will never accept worship, i asked in a previous post if the followers of apostle paul and the rest were worshipping him, you dint reply..
"Therefore brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by "our word" or by our epistle (2 thessalonians 2:15)

Are you suggesting the thessalonian christians should have left the tradition they were taught "saying paul is just a man, we are to follow christ only, we have the Spirit" then i will just say you are ignorant.

Even Jesus himself preached in the synagogue on the sabath, there is nothing wrong my brother in being a member of a church as long as they dont contradict what the bible is saying.

I can only respond with scripture.

A Church Divided Over Leaders

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17[b] For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel[/b]—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. - 1 Corinthians 1:10-18

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

frosbel, Heed the Master's whistle!

And who is this master? Kumuyi
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Bella3(f): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
Okay... Bt you knw being loosely attached weakens the spirit because you wouldnt be all dat dedicated.
frosbel:

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

And who is this master? Kumuyi

If you can translate this Yoruba adage then you will understand your predicament.

"Aja to ba ma a sonu ko ni gbo fere ode"
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by stepo707: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
That word "Deeper" alone scared the shit outta me.they look weird. sad
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

I can only respond with scripture.

A Church Divided Over Leaders

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17[b] For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel[/b]—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. - 1 Corinthians 1:10-18

Get the point, this passage is in no way saying we should not have a leader in a church but the corinthians took paul and apollos as Christ, thats why he said, was paul crucified for you?
If what you are saying is right, then you are contradicting paul saying:

"Wherefore i beeseech you, be ye followers of me" (1 corinthians 4:16)

Those pastors(kumuyi, adebayo) are followers of christ also, no one worship them, they are there for the perfecting of the saints and edifying the church of christ(ephesians 4:11-12)
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:

Get the point, this passage is in no way saying we should not have a leader in a church but the corinthians took paul and apollos as Christ, thats why he said, was paul crucified for you?
If what you are saying is right, then you are contradicting paul saying:

"Wherefore i beeseech you, be ye followers of me" (1 corinthians 4:16)

Those pastors(kumuyi, adebayo) are followers of christ also, no one worship them, they are there for the perfecting of the saints and edifying the church of christ(ephesians 4:11-12)

Then you need to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom because even a child knows that there is confusion in the body of Christ and disunity with a thousand and one man made doctrines all contradicting each other.

Besides during my time with deeperlife, most of the leaders and workers I knew talked with a Kumuiyi accent, if this is not idol worship I am not sure what is.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
stepo707: That word "Deeper" alone scared the shit outta me.they look weird. sad

O! How i wish i would have a more deeper life with christ, and be deeper in love with him even more deeper than than deeper life take theirs, i bet you, a shallow life will be as if you have never met christ, remaining shallow means you are not growing in grace, growth should be a constant thing, grow deep in grace and in the knowlege of our lord Jesus.
I wouldnt know if you are born again but i urge you if you are to build a deeeeepeer life with God.
Bless u
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you can translate this Yoruba adage then you will understand your predicament.

"Aja to ba ma a sonu ko ni gbo fere ode"

Evidently you are the one who is lost, you claim you are a christian yet you don't know christ. Yeye idol worshipper. tongue
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Then you need to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom because even a child knows that there is confusion in the body of Christ and disunity with a thousand and one man made doctrines all contradicting each other.

Besides during my time with deeperlife, most of the leaders and workers I knew talked with a Kumuiyi accent, if this is not idol worship I am not sure what is.

I myself dont support when people imitiate a man but that doesnt mean idol worshipping bro, i dont know the district you are but here in my district, nothing like that happens.

Like i always say and will still say, of course there may be man made doctrines but ask yourself, does it have anything to do with me going to heaven, if it wont hinder you, i think there is no p. But if it will, then you can leave the church. Some doctrine by men can hinder your going to heaven if you believe them and some will not, so my bro, leave DL alone and their preachings as long as its got nothing to do with making you lose heaven.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

I just named 3 to our gentle Bro. Jo.

Now can you kindly help us here, state bible verses to support the doctrines above.

Thank You.
if you can recall or hopefully your annoything teach you, even Jo said those are not deeper life doctrines but Bible doctrines. it at least means that they are accepted in other local churches as doctrine. It's your pain at deeper life that beclouds your seeing normal things. You need some exposure.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:

I myself dont support when people imitiate a man but that doesnt mean idol worshipping bro, i dont know the district you are but here in my district, nothing like that happens.

Like i always say and will still say, of course there may be man made doctrines but ask yourself, does it have anything to do with me going to heaven, if it wont hinder you, i think there is no p. But if it will, then you can leave the church. Some doctrine by men can hinder your going to heaven if you believe them and some will not, so my bro, leave DL alone and their preachings as long as its got nothing to do with making you lose heaven.

frosbel says that the belief of going to heaven is false doctrine, so he essentially is not prepared to make heaven.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Evidently you are the one who is lost, you claim you are a christian yet you don't know christ. Yeye idol worshipper. tongue

I said you should translate it for frosbel, don't hoard information. tongue
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

frosbel says that the belief of going to heaven is false doctrine, so he essentially is not prepared to make heaven.
[

Oh! I forgot he wants to remain on this earth
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I said you should translate it for frosbel, don't hoard information. tongue

Which useless irrelevant information are you ranting about? Olodo tongue
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am really glad frosbel opened this thread cos those lost souls who form the membership of deeper life like to delude themselves that they are holier than thou. It's good to see them exposed as the hypocrites/ charlatans they really are. smiley
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Which useless irrelevant information are you ranting about? Olodo tongue

Basic Information Before Leaving Earth. Oops I forgot that you intend on going nowhere shocked
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by truthislight: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Frosbel you again..i agree with Olaadegbu and think someone needs to give you a dirty slap to bring you back to reality...

hahaha

guy, leave my Frosbel alone o!

You guys want to terminate him. Lol
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:
[

Oh! I forgot he wants to remain on this earth

Yes. He has nowhere going and he wants to pull others down with him. A drowning man will surely grasp at straws.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Basic Information Before Leaving Earth. Oops I forgot that you intend on going nowhere shocked

Revelation 21

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God

olodo tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Something You Should Fear More Than The Mark Of The Beast! / Tai Solarin: His Life, Ideas, And Accomplishments / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.