Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman (12729 Views)

S’east Govs Goofed On Radio Biafra – APGA National Chairman / Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 12:45am On Sep 18, 2012
pazienza:

Yea,the outcome of that meeting must be made public. If the outcome is negative,it would be a good propaganda tool to use to unite our people,it will help igbo people to see the bigger picture. If it is positive( this is an unlikely outcome), then the better.

One thing is a must,we must present a single igbo presidential candidate come 2015,and we must rally around him.

I totally agree with both bolded statements. Openness is what would save us in that effort, else, some iidiot will collect money and throw the whole thing under the bus.

I am actually waiting for Amb. Ralph Uwechue (the Ohanaeze boss), to make a statement reassuring us of the deal he made with Jonathan in 2015, to the effect that he (Jonathan )would not contest the 2015 elections, and that he would support a SE candidate. We should all LOUDLY wait for him to tell us how we should contest.

We should learn to start holding our leaders to account for their actions in representing our interests in Nigeria. By God, he should give a good account, else, his image/reputation and worth in Igboland will go down the drain so fast his head would spin.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by pazienza(m): 12:51am On Sep 18, 2012
Onlytruth: For double emphasis, that candidate MUST run under APGA. That party has so much potential, and is yet to be fully deployed. If that is done well, APGA will touch EVERY nook of Nigeria.

Of course,our candidate must run under the platform of APGA. Peter obi must be slowly eased out of APGA after the end of his tenure,that comment of his on GEJ endorsement,showed his true identity,he has no love for igboland,and we must not have his type championing our course.

APGA must be groomed to take over south east.

I have always maintained that eastern nigeria sentiments must be buried for now, our actions or inactions as a group,come 2015,will have a big impact on the generations of unborn igbos.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by olaheavy: 12:55am On Sep 18, 2012
And, by the way, didn't you human eaters boast that you would declare a separate country by November 5? If yes, why are you yinminrin aj'okuta ma mumi still dreaming about 2015? Igbos, you're all in deep sh!!!t!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by pazienza(m): 1:05am On Sep 18, 2012
If we allow GEJ to continue till 2019, he would likely hand over to the north,and the north will likely be through by 2027, and by 2027,the yorubas would have been out of power for 20years, i don't see them folding their hands and not puting up a fight for it,and if nigeria is the nigeria i know of today,everybody would likely team up against the bogey man of nigeria. And the cycle will continue.

What am trying to say is that there will never be a time that nigerians will hand over the presidency to an igboman,if we want it,then we must take it,and my question is:why not go for it now?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2012
pazienza:

Of course,our candidate must run under the platform of APGA. Peter obi must be slowly eased out of APGA after the end of his tenure,that comment of his on GEJ endorsement,showed his true identity,he has no love for igboland,and we must not have his type championing our course.

APGA must be groomed to take over south east.

I have always maintained that eastern nigeria sentiments must be buried for now, our actions or inactions as a group,come 2015,will have a big impact on the generations of unborn igbos.

I honestly don't believe that there was ever a sentimental attachment (at least not by me) to the Eastern region of Nigeria. It has always been a matter of practical reality. As long as Nigeria continues as one country, (or even after disintegration) that region will continue to co-exist and be viewed as one by outsiders. No matter the amount of denials coming from any quarters, in or outside of it.

The fact though is that the SS part of that region is so amorphous, and maintains a sizable population of umu Igbo, hence the need to consider them (as we plan ahead). BUT that does not mean that we (Ndigbo) must hang our future on a sure agreement with SS, heck they have not even agreed with themselves. lol

We Ndigbo remain the engine of the East, no matter what anyone says. I would hope that people in the broader Eastern region realize this fact and start working with the rest of us, else we Ndigbo will go ahead and relate with the rest of Nigeria on our own terms. That's all. We supported Jonathan; that proves that we can support any one of us from that region. That some of us are thinking about fielding an Igbo candidate in 2015 is because ,firstly Jonathan openly committed to a single term and promised to support a SE candidate in 2015 (that is what Ohanaeze said, unless they lied). Secondly, he is not carrying the region along in terms of federal projects, at least in the SE parts. So, we must contest.

The Nigerian politics is open to all comers.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by nduchucks: 1:21am On Sep 18, 2012
Eze m maramma, you have apparently spoken sensibly for a change. To fully determine the sensibility and practicability of your utterances, I need to ask you, which parties APGA will form alliances with, in order to be successful - ACN, ANPP, PDP, AP, or other?
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 1:25am On Sep 18, 2012
ndu_chucks: Eze m maramma, you have apparently spoken sensibly for a change. To fully determine the sensibility and practicability of your utterances, I need to ask you, which parties APGA will form alliances with, in order to be successful - ACN, ANPP, PDP, AP, or other?

APGA should go at it ALONE. Alliances tend to hide or mask the true party manifesto and agenda. APGA has a manifesto. If it is not good enough, it should be revised and packaged better.

If we pick a dan kano as VP, we can win! cheesy cool
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by nduchucks: 1:32am On Sep 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

APGA should go at it ALONE. Alliances tend to hide or mask the true party manifesto and agenda. APGA has a manifesto. If it is not good enough, it should be revised and packaged better.

If we pick a dan kano as VP, we can win! cheesy cool

The realities tell us that an Igbo man stands a better chance of becoming the President if he is the flagbearer of a party not seen as an Igbo party, than being that of APGA. Unfortunately, you people are in denial and may continue to lose unless you wise up and learn how to play winning politics.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by pazienza(m): 1:39am On Sep 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

I honestly don't believe that there was ever a sentimental attachment (at least not by me) to the Eastern region of Nigeria. It has always been a matter of practical reality. As long as Nigeria continues as one country, (or even after disintegration) that region will continue to co-exist and be viewed as one by outsiders. No matter the amount of denials coming from any quarters, in or outside of it.

The fact though is that the SS part of that region is so amorphous, and maintains a sizable population of umu Igbo, hence the need to consider them (as we plan ahead). BUT that does not mean that we (Ndigbo) must hang our future on a sure agreement with SS, heck they have not even agreed with themselves. lol

We Ndigbo remain the engine of the East, no matter what anyone says. I would hope that people in the broader Eastern region realize this fact and start working with the rest of us, else we Ndigbo will go ahead and relate with the rest of Nigeria on our own terms. That's all. We supported Jonathan; that proves that we can support any one of us from that region. That some of us are thinking about fielding an Igbo candidate in 2015 is because ,firstly Jonathan openly committed to a single term and promised to support a SE candidate in 2015 (that is what Ohanaeze said, unless they lied). Secondly, he is not carrying the region along in terms of federal projects, at least in the SE parts. So, we must contest.

The Nigerian politics is open to all comers.

Eze, the whole GEJ project was all about eastern nigeria sentiment,even umeh said in the above interview that there was no agreement made between APGA/Ohanaeze and GEJ in exchange for igbo support.

I listened to some ohanaeze chieftains during the period,men like ozobu,all they were saying was that they were supporting GEJ because he is their eastern brother. From aba to enugu,and onicha to arochukwu,the sentiment was that goodluck is our brother, "he is one of us" was the national anthem throughout igboland.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 1:39am On Sep 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The realities tell us that an Igbo man stands a better chance of becoming the President if he is the flagbearer of a party not seen as an Igbo party, than being that of APGA. Unfortunately, you people are in denial and may continue to lose unless you wise up and learn how to play winning politics.

Honestly, most of you are making the same miscalculation, which is that other parties will fair better even if they field so called national candidates.
Fact remains that politics is a game of numbers, and whoever gets the highest number of votes, and spread (25% in 2/3rds of Nigeria) wins the election. Kurum.
So if we get a GOOD candidate, and we support him THROUGHTOUT Nigeria, we can win, even in APGA.
The problem with Nigeria's elections remains rigging. If Ojukwu could come third in a presidential poll in Nigeria, it says a lot about our (Igbo ) voting power.

Not that we should field a tribalist as our candidate though. We should field men who are well known as GOOD and action oriented.
Who no like better thing?

So, it is very possible for us to win and win easily. We just need to organize ourselves better and present a winning candidate. That's all.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 1:53am On Sep 18, 2012
pazienza:

Eze, the whole GEJ project was all about eastern nigeria sentiment,even umeh said in the above interview that there was no agreement made between APGA/Ohanaeze and GEJ in exchange for igbo support.

I listened to some ohanaeze chieftains during the period,men like ozobu,all they were saying was that they were supporting GEJ because he is their eastern brother. From aba to enugu,and onicha to arochukwu,the sentiment was that goodluck is our brother, "he is one of us" was the national anthem throughout igboland.

I heard all that too, though my personal support came only after Ralph Uwechue assured us that there was an agreement with Jonathan to run for only one term and support the SE in 2015. My brother politics is a tricky game, and I think that whatever was used to mobilize Igbo votes for Jonathan was okay provided he delivered for the whole region. I don't think he has done that. He is basically allocating more federal funds to places that didn't even vote for him and neglecting the SE. For me, that is where the whole thing came to a head. I kept saying that I would end my support for him by the end of this year if I don't see any changes. I have not seen any changes!
Victor Umeh's lament only ignited what I was already thinking about.

Our experiment with bro Jona has not paid a good dividend, or at least has not met our expectations.
So, let us field our own candidate in 2015. Win or lose, we should continue to field candidates in EVERY presidential elections in organized way, not in fragments.
I know we can win, and even win easily. cool
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by aljharem(m): 1:56am On Sep 18, 2012
does not matter so long as he does the right thing then he has my vote. Whether Igbo or fulani I guess Nigerians could careless right now. We just want a nigerian president. thats all
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 1:58am On Sep 18, 2012
alj harem: does not matter so long as he does the right thing then he has my vote. Whether Igbo or fulani I guess Nigerians could careless right now. We just want a nigerian president. thats all

Would you vote for a Barth Nnaji?

That is the caliber of men we shall parade. cool
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by aljharem(m): 2:01am On Sep 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

Would you vote for a Barth Nnaji?

That is the caliber of men we shall parade. cool

dont mind voting for him, yeah i can campaign and vote for him.

btw long time my brother onlytruth
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Onlytruth(m): 2:04am On Sep 18, 2012
alj harem:

dont mind voting for him, yeah [b]i can campaign [/b]and vote for him.

btw long time my brother onlytruth

You disappeared for a long time. Wetin happen na?

We would need you to campaign for Nnaji because you are a militant campaigner! cheesy cheesy
You have only ONE vote, but you can get 3000 votes. That is one of our strategies. cool
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by pazienza(m): 2:06am On Sep 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

I heard all that too, though my personal support came only after Ralph Uwechue assured us that there was an agreement with Jonathan to run for only one term and support the SE in 2015. My brother politics is a tricky game, and I think that whatever was used to mobilize Igbo votes for Jonathan was okay provided he delivered for the whole region. I don't think he has done that. He is basically allocating more federal funds to places that didn't even vote for him and neglecting the SE. For me, that is where the whole thing came to a head. I kept saying that I would end my support for him by the end of this year if I don't see any changes. I have not seen any changes!

Our experiment with bro Jona has not paid a good dividend, or at least has not met our expectations.
So, let us field our own candidate in 2015. Win or lose, we should continue to field candidates in EVERY presidential elections in organized way, not in fragments.

There is one thing we gained from GEJ experiment,and that is unity of purpose. For once in a long time,we were able to get ndiigbo to speak with one voice. This new found unity of purpose must now be geared towards a more fruitful adventure come 2015.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by aljharem(m): 2:11am On Sep 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

You disappeared for a long time. Wetin happen na?

We would need you to campaign for Nnaji because you are a militant campaigner! cheesy cheesy
You have only ONE vote, but you can get 3000 votes. That is one of our strategies. cool

been busy my brother grin good to know onlytruth is fine.

Militant ke grin grin I am not like Beaf that is a paid professional. If I see potential in someone I would campaign for the person providing reasons and counter-reasons. For example I know Nnaji is not bad but so is likes of fashola and co so as time draws nearer water would find its level. The only problem is likes of you that want Igbo president rather than a good president.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Jisunpack: 4:05am On Sep 18, 2012
its a pity that you're now accepting what most of us saw before 2011. Like I said before the Ohanaeze Ndigbo endorsement brouhaha that you don't display your cards easily or show your shallowness in politics.

You think Jonathan is stupid not to be able to differentiate those in his pocket and those needed to pleased before 2015? where is the second Niger bridge? where is the Onitsha port? where is the international airport? on the contrary he approved a contract of 1.4 billion dollars Lagos - Ibadan railway project, that figure is by far bigger than the whole projects to be done in entire south east. Building more federal roads in Lagos and entire south west.

secondly, he re-awarded Benin- ore- Lagos road, that road project is greater than the entire roads to be constructed in south east. East - west road is in total mess, Portharcourt - Aba road is a dead trap.

I laugh in 98% votes.

Onlytruth:

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by dayokanu(m): 4:43am On Sep 18, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: its a pity that you're now accepting what most of us saw before 2011. Like I said before the Ohanaeze Ndigbo endorsement brouhaha that you don't display your cards easily or show your shallowness in politics.

You think Jonathan is stupid not to be able to differentiate those in his pocket and those needed to pleased before 2015? where is the second Niger bridge? where is the Onitsha port? where is the international airport? on the contrary he approved a contract of 1.4 billion dollars Lagos - Ibadan railway project, that figure is by far bigger than the whole projects to be done in entire south east. Building more federal roads in Lagos and entire south west.

secondly, he re-awarded Benin- ore- Lagos road, that road project is greater than the entire roads to be constructed in south east. East - west road is in total mess, Portharcourt - Aba road is a dead trap.

I laugh in 98% votes.

LOL. Everyone knows Igbos are mugus. They can be taken for granted, they would just yell for nothing.

98% votes even Retardeen knows where the votes count thats why he is awarding multi billion projects in the SW. By the time he goes to open one bakery in the SE and for a wrap of Akpu the whole NdYIBOs would would deliver 98 percentiles again.

They are conquered ppl. Balewa, Shagari, gave them VP (number 2) they followed like goats.

OBJ didnt even give them VP. He demoted them to number 3. Senate president and they still followed like goats after casava,

Yar Adua regime gave them number 5 Deputy senate President and got all their votes

Retardeen also used the same tactics, Called himself Ebele Azikwe, And gave them number 5 post and still got 98%

FACT is no one cares about Igbos they would always follow like Boy boy
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by OneNaira6: 4:49am On Sep 18, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: its a pity that you're now accepting what most of us saw before 2011. Like I said before the Ohanaeze Ndigbo endorsement brouhaha that you don't display your cards easily or show your shallowness in politics.

I laugh in 98% votes.

Have proof to support the above or is these one of una "never ending boasting without reality"

While am at it, what I am getting is that GEJ is the one improving Lagos so what happened ACN doing all this as many of una have claimed all over NL. SMH

You guys continue to shoot yourself in the foot whenever you want to boast of a non-reality BS.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by bigmo1(m): 4:54am On Sep 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Minus the 'Chris Ngige' thing, i share your sentiments wholeheartedly.

Candidates of Igbo extraction i'd like to see contest at the centre in 2015 are Soludo, Rochas (when he finally has things on ground in Imo to match his dreams and vision for Imo....yet to see much of that at the moment), Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Nnaji, and many more. Any of these individuals has what it takes to govern this country, and i'm hoping one of them will be convinced to contest.
Dude, did u mention Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili and Nnaji, these are Igbo criminals disguised as Intellectuals. For me, its Ngige or Rochas.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by bigmo1(m): 4:55am On Sep 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Minus the 'Chris Ngige' thing, i share your sentiments wholeheartedly.

Candidates of Igbo extraction i'd like to see contest at the centre in 2015 are Soludo, Rochas (when he finally has things on ground in Imo to match his dreams and vision for Imo....yet to see much of that at the moment), Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Nnaji, and many more. Any of these individuals has what it takes to govern this country, and i'm hoping one of them will be convinced to contest.
Dude, did u mention Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili and Nnaji, these are Igbo criminals disguised as Intellectuals. For me, its Ngige or Rochas. And don't even talk about Dora please.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by OneNaira6: 5:00am On Sep 18, 2012
I have always been against Igbo seeking presidency of Nigeria and looking at what is going on to GEJ, I am shocked there are still some Igbos that want to become president of Nigeria.

Either way, though I am against this, I do agree with majority of what the man said. Ngozi, Soludo and Utomi are the Igbo candidates I'll support especially Soludo.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Jisunpack: 5:40am On Sep 18, 2012
What you are asking for is easily available on Google search. that said.

I'm not an ACN stewards but I belong to south west and am down with anything that would make her greater. So if "Thiefnibs" is the one mounting pressure on the president and bringing the necessary developments required to place her on the map, than who are my not to be happy with him? presently, I want Mimiko to win in Ondo and I have canvassed for him here on nairaland against the ACN candidate . so, I'm not your average party blind follower or sycophant.

The issue with you guys is that you are blinded by ethnic bigotry not to have realized that by falling over or opening your pusssy easily, you stand the chance of being relegated to the back seat. Dug up all my pre- election post to verify my claims where I constantly "attack" you guys on the needs of entering into a serious agreement with Jonathan before delivering 98% of your votes to him.

You have to save the best for the last. Jonathan paid 3 unscheduled visit to Lagos to beg the ACN chiefs to allow him accesses to south western votes shortly before presIdentIal electIons, NO? while our so-called brothers across the Niger are calling him our son and declaring their supports without any concrete agreement of what is in for them. I was the one telling you the benefits of coming out with single powerful voice under apga, EzeUche and co were busy calling me names and Beaf was molesting their low IQ with a newly coalition mantra called "SS & SE" coalition ( whatever that means I don't know) , well the rest is now history

This is a basic political arithmetic and if you don't know that then I can't help you.

One_Naira:

Have proof to support the above or is these one of una "never ending boasting without reality"

While am at it, what I am getting is that GEJ is the one improving Lagos so what happened ACN doing all this as many of una have claimed all over NL. SMH

You guys continue to shoot yourself in the foot whenever you want to boast of a non-reality BS.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by OneNaira6: 6:00am On Sep 18, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: What you are asking for is easily available on Google search. that said.

I'm not an ACN stewards but I belong to south west and am down with anything that would make her greater. So if "Thiefnibs" is the one mounting pressure on the president and bringing the necessary developments required to place her on the map, than who are my not to be happy with him? presently, I want Mimiko to win in Ondo and I have canvassed for him here on nairaland against the ACN candidate . so, I'm not your average party blind follower or sycophant.

The issue with you guys is that you are blinded by ethnic bigotry not to have realized that by falling over or opening your pusssy easily, you stand the chance of being relegated to the back seat. Dug up all my pre- election post to verify my claims where I constantly "attack" you guys on the needs of entering into a serious agreement with Jonathan before delivering 98% of your votes to him.

You have to save the best for the last. Jonathan paid 3 unscheduled visit to Lagos to beg the ACN chiefs to allow him accesses to south western votes shortly before presIdentIal electIons, NO? while our so-called brothers across the Niger are calling him our son and declaring their supports without any concrete agreement of what is in for them. I was the one telling you the benefits of coming out with single powerful voice under apga, EzeUche and co were busy calling me names and Beaf was molesting their low IQ with a newly coalition mantra called "SS & SE" coalition ( whatever that means I don't know) , well the rest is now history

This is a basic political arithmetic and if you don't know that then I can't help you.

All I am seeing is stories, stories and NOT ONE SINGLE ARTICLE to support it. Why should I find proof to support anything you wrote. Is it I making the claim or is it you?

Anything to support all you spoke of? Anything at all. Though I am not surprised, it is the like of una to boast without providing a credible source to back it up.

While I am at it, what differentiate "your story" from dedeike "stories" of GEJ achievement which many of una have long condemned. Seeing as dedeike is as you all accused him "PDP laptop" whose job is to inform us of GEJ achievement.

Looking at his post
I don't know the document you read but I will chronicle my own assessment for you.

In Finance,
For the first time, our recurrent expenditure profile was cut down by 12% thereby increasing funds available for capital projects. Tight fiscal policies and due verification before release of funds for budget implementation. The creation and inauguration of the Soverign Wealth Fund for a three phased development.
Bio metric evaluation of MDA'S which has exposed massive corruption in police pensions and subsequent prosecution of the suspects by EFCC. The restoration of transperancy and due verification for subsidy claims to oil marketers by NOI. Introduction of the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds across MDA's.

Our foreign reserves have risen again to a tremendous high of 41 billion dollars.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued.

In one year, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum industry and increase the stake of oil host communities in the management of their oil.
Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

For the first time in this country, a govt has engaged the oil cabal in an anti graft war. We have seen EFCC take subsidy suspects to court. No one is spared. Even the sons of PDP leaders are undergoing prosecution in court for subsidy loot

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, re award for reconstruction of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 26km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

Just last week, govt announced the re award of abandoned Abuja-Lokoja highway and the East-West road under SURE P.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways. rehabilitation of Minna-Kaduna line. Award for reconstruction of Lagos-Kano railine to Chinese giants CCCEC. Abuja intercity railway's too.

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports. 11 terminals are also being remodelled and rehabilitated.

Just this week, the govt secured a loan facility for the construction of new airport terminals for four major cities viz, Abuja, Kano, Enugu, Port harcourt.

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, Ihvbour, Egbema, power plants. This has led to the all time generation record of 4,477megawatts.

To address the problem of distribution, the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization. The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.

The best Petroluem minister ever, Diezani Allison Madueke, has responded to the emergency need for gas supply to the power stations by completing several gas projects and pipelines to evacuate gas to the NIPP's.

She has successfully completed the 27kmX24inch permanent gas supply pipeline from Itoki to Olorunshogo via Ewekoro, all in Ogun State; the 56kmX24inch Escravos-Warri gas pipeline - doubling the pipeline capacity and enhancing gas evacuation from Escravos, as well as the 130kmX36inch Oben to Geregu pipeline.

The grand effect is the significant improvement of power nationwide.

It completely CONTRADICTS EVERYTHING written by you thus I'll ask again: Do you have anything to back up your so called "facts"

While am at it: GEJ approved Anambra as an oil producing state. Something the community have long asked him for. He improved and brought up Enugu airport to International standard. Another thing the community asked him for. I believe he was the one that commissioned the Asaba airport. Which is something I know we've asked for. Working on the Onitsha port (which unlike you, I'll be more than happy to bring articles which support my stanch). He seems to be improving some roads in East if we believe dede-ike. Notice the difference between you and the Igbos on this thread unlike you, a mere tap on their solider over something little they asked of GEJ is not good enough for them neither do they use it as a way to scream "check out our superiority" but rather holding him in account for not doing as much as they wish him to do. You on the other hand, The only thing so far written by you that is mere fact is Ibadan-Lagos railroad project he commissioned. Which granted, yes is a good thing. Though doubtful it will ever become a reality and work in this lifetime but just that mere tap you'll use it as a way to scream of a non-reality, a figment of your imagination "superiority" in government.

Get over yourself.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Jisunpack: 6:19am On Sep 18, 2012
^
Don't know we are talking about GEJ's achievements and not south eastern presIdency. lol

Dude your case is even worst than I earlier thought. but while you are at posting your "achievements" can you equally post any supporting article or pictures of these projects? or you are expecting me to swallow what a paid PDP apologist wrote hook, line and sinker? When has Dedeike became a credible source to warrant you quoting him. There is no single day we won't pull out fresh dead bodies on east-west road due to the sorry state of that road so what are you talking about?

Again take time to re-read the article posted by the OP or are you now claiming all he said was false?

Alora, i o sono rhino.5dm!
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 18, 2012
Why can't anybody that wins the election sincerely rule the country instead of this Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa madness. That's why the country can never be one. Let's face it Nigeria has never been one since 1914 and it's never going to be.
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by nku5: 6:46am On Sep 18, 2012
100 percent akara and burukutu gist for the un-sophisticated to enjoy. Obj was a political nobody and then faithful boy boy to the north. He won because the military wanted him to win and keep nigeria where they wanted it. Now clap for yorubaaaaa!!! Una too mosh

dayokanu:

Whether IBB sponsored him or not the fact was that OBJ flogged Ekwueme mercilessly at the PDP convention both in 1999 and in 2003.

Its a norm, Yorubas always flog Igbos everywhere
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by OneNaira6: 6:53am On Sep 18, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: ^
Don't know we are talking about GEJ's achievements and not south eastern presIdency. lol

Dude your case is even worst than I earlier thought. but while you are at posting your "achievements" can you equally post any supporting article or pictures of these projects? or you are expecting me to swallow what a paid PDP apologist wrote hook, line and sinker? When has Dedeike became a credible source to warrant you quoting him. There is no single day we won't pull out fresh dead bodies on east-west road due to the sorry state of that road so what are you talking about?

Again take time to re-read the article posted by the OP or are you now claiming all he said was false?

Alora, i o sono rhino.5dm!

As I expected NOTHING but a figment of your imagination "boasting". If i expected more I would be lying.

ROFLMFAO.

The reason I compared you to dedeike is that similar to you, dedeike is going around telling "stories" without any validation to his claim. Never said I believed him or are you too slow to understand the quotation mark in some of the word represent and even the term "if we are to believe dede-ike" Unlike you, he is believed to be GEJ paid agent so therefore whatever it is GEJ done or wants the public to believe he's done, it's his job to spread it therefore your story should equally match his story if we should believe everything you wrote. How come it does not?

As for everything I said he did (i.e: anambra oil production, enugu international standard, the ontisha port and asaba airport)

Well Anambra oil producing state
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/anambra-joins-oil-producing-states-league/

Enugu International airport
http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5076:akanu-ibiam-international-airport-enugu-enugu-state-nigeria-a-viable-investment&catid=30:the-economy&Itemid=41
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akanu_Ibiam_International_Airport

The ontisha port
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/igbo-group-commends-fg-onitsha-port
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-return-of-onitsha-river-port/125088/

I do not think I need to provide an article on the airport of Asaba.

I'll repeat this one more time, notice the difference between you and the Igbos on NL and even the OP. A mere tap on their shoulder isn't good enough. As far as they concerned GEJ failed them even if he did some of the stuff they wished of him and unlike you, they aren't using it nor adding extra salt as a way to boast of "superiority" in government. I'll add this in: Take a lesson from them, learn to move out of your imagination and learn to stop boasting unless you have something to support. Who knows, someone might put you on blast for it and ask you to bring out a source.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Antivirus92(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2012
dayokanu:

Cos APGA is a joke. No one takes them seriously. The greatest APGA man and founder Ojuku couldnt even win a state when he contested OBJ a Yorubaman was even winning on his street
you inherited ur bastardness from ur great-grand father. Why do your blood pressure always rise drastically at the sight of any thing igbo,biafra or ojukwu?. Small time you'll shouting that the igbos are ones that always start tribalism. Let me tell you,i don't comment on threads with yoruba on the topic and why can't you just do the same?
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by fstranger: 7:18am On Sep 18, 2012
^^^b

Dude, this is a Yoruba forum, not your father's backyard. It is not your place to tell people where and where not to post. Why do you guys get flustered when hit with the truth? Is the truth too much for you to take? Did OBJ not beat Ojuiku in the polling booth in front of Ojuiku's house? I mean, even Ojuiku's wife and relatives voted for OBJ? These are facts that are out there? Ojuiku is a useless, rudderless coward who couldnt command/lead a snail in the SW or any other part of the world besides Alaigbo. Open your eyes, Ojuiku is a person!
Re: Igbo Will Field Presidential Candidate In 2015 -APGA National Chairman by Jisunpack: 7:19am On Sep 18, 2012
So, GEJ is now chairman of orient petroleum? see desperation this early morning ooooo!

Anambra being an oil producing state is by default i.e. any state with evidence of producing one cup of crude oil automatically becomes oil producing state. so cut that crap.

Going by the above, we can as well claimed the Dangote Ibese cement factory commissioned by GEJ as another plus, right?

Now back to the comparison of projects allotted to those that casted 98% votes and those that didn't.

http://article.wn.com/view/2012/08/30/Minister_Signs_US14_Billion_LagosIbadan_Rail_Project/

Here is the article of the project and I want you to present a single project that rivaled this. . . .Don't make me wait too long.

One_Naira:

As I expected NOTHING but a figment of your imagination "boasting". If i expected more I would be lying.

ROFLMFAO.

The reason I compared you to dedeike is that similar to you, dedeike is going around telling "stories" without any validation to his claim. Never said I believed him or are you too slow to understand the quotation mark in some of the word represent and even the term "if we are to believe dede-ike" Unlike you, he is believed to be GEJ paid agent so therefore whatever it is GEJ done or wants the public to believe he's done, it's his job to spread it therefore your story should equally match his story if we should believe everything you wrote. How come it does not?

As for everything I said he did (i.e: anambra oil production, enugu international standard, the ontisha port and asaba airport)

Well Anambra oil producing state
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/anambra-joins-oil-producing-states-league/

Enugu International airport
http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5076:akanu-ibiam-international-airport-enugu-enugu-state-nigeria-a-viable-investment&catid=30:the-economy&Itemid=41
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akanu_Ibiam_International_Airport

The ontisha port
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/igbo-group-commends-fg-onitsha-port
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-return-of-onitsha-river-port/125088/

I do not think I need to provide an article on the airport of Asaba.

I'll repeat this one more time, notice the difference between you and the Igbos on NL and even the OP. A mere tap on their shoulder isn't good enough. As far as they concerned GEJ failed them even if he did some of the stuff they wished of him and unlike you, they aren't using it nor adding extra salt as a way to boast of "superiority" in government. I'll add this in: Take a lesson from them, learn to move out of your imagination and learn to stop boasting unless you have something to support. Who knows, someone might put you on blast for it and ask you to bring out a source.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Endorses Gov Jang’s Faction / Buhari Arrives Dakar, Senegal For Security Meeting (photo) / "Get Your PVCs" - Muric Tells Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.