Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2404029 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
asha80:
the issue is whether they are serious or just grandstanding..I remember the talks about nsu tiles and the rest

The truth is that nothing good comes easy but gradually things are coming. Before end of year Shoprite should be completed. The Egbema gas to power project has commenced again after some years of hiatus because of politics. We already know of NBL recently starting work on their biggest plant at Okigwe. In 4 to 5 years time all these would have come to fruition.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
abagoro:

The truth is that nothing good comes easy but gradually things are coming. Before end of year Shoprite should be completed. The Egbema gas to power project has commenced again after some years of hiatus because of politics. We already know of NBL recently starting work on their biggest plant at Okigwe. In 4 to 5 years time all these would have come to fruition.
really don't like the location of that shoprite
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:21am On Aug 26, 2015
The proposed Bottling Company in Okigwe needs to take up in earnest to boost development in Okigwe.

Universities in Owerri boost development in Owerri.

What is meant to boost development in Orlu? Nating.

Governor Okorocha is associated with the name Orlu. The population of Orlu is rather decreasing since 2011.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2015
asha80:
really don't like the location of that shoprite

Same here. Its all consequences of useless politics. Remember when youths of Amawom and others besieged the original site at a more condusive New Owerri not knowing the motives of their sponsors. Egbu is a densely populated village and should not host such mall. However that was the only choice with regards to land availability or so they said.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2015
abagoro:

Same here. Its all consequences of useless politics. Remember when youths of Amawom and others besieged the original site at a more condusive New Owerri not knowing the motives of their sponsors. Egbu is a densely populated village and should not host such mall. However that was the only choice with regards to land availability or so they said.
well it is likely that egbu youths are likely to get higher percentage of jobs when shoprite starts....so the loss is on amawom youths
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Abagworo:

You do not understand how the Igbo masses are carried away by the biafra stuf. Many villagers now call him Okoroawusa and call Nigeria zoo and even believe he is turning Igbos to Muslims.

They're not 'carried away' it's what they want and what makes sense to them. I thought the muslim thing was propaganda until i realized there's a 'call to Islamic prayer in igbo language' program in Imo..on state TV. Very strange program that's hard to deny it's deliberateness. He feels Imo is a stepping stone to his presidency and people don't like to be stepped on. It's clear he feels pandering/appealing to non-Imolites is more important than governing Imo.

Any photo-op in Houston, DC, Kaduna, Lagos and Abuja Okorocha is there. If you want to see Obiano, you go to Anambra. His own people don't seem to be that important to him.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

They're not 'carried away' it's what they want and what makes sense to them. I thought the muslim thing was propaganda until i realized there's a 'call to Islamic prayer in igbo language' program in Imo..on state TV. Very strange program that's hard to deny it's deliberateness. He feels Imo is a stepping stone to his presidency and people don't like to be stepped on. It's clear he feels pandering/appealing to non-Imolites is more important than governing Imo.

Any photo-op in Houston, DC, Kaduna, Lagos and Abuja Okorocha is there. If you want to see Obiano, you go to Anambra. His own people don't seem to be that important to him.

There is nothing wrong with one being Christian, Jew, Muslim or Amali. If we want to reject religious programme s then we should reject all and not be discriminatory. Imo is a circular State and freedom of worship is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
abagoro:

There is nothing wrong with one being Christian, Jew, Muslim or Amali. If we want to reject religious programme s then we should reject all and not be discriminatory. Imo is a circular State and freedom of worship is allowed.
problem is if similar program is in a Kano owned station

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
abagoro:

That's not how the people who voted you in feel. A democracy is a rule of the majority. To go against their feelings is not democratic because you as a governor work for them. It's also ignorant to ignore the history of this country, and the current and on going use of Islam as a weapon of dominance. So speak on the issue without acknowledging this is being dishonest.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
abagoro:

Inasmuch as I promote religious freedom and equality but going on the things that are happening in the muslim world now one has to be very very careful.

Yes many progressive and moderate as well as liberal muslim countries are but Northern Nigeria is consist of hatefilled muslims, vindictive muslims and repulsive people.

There are many Igbos in the Arab world doing businesses, going there as tourists but they are not being attacked when there is Cartoon in Denmark or US and Iraq fight a war but here in Nigeria the vindictive, bigoted, wicked and malicious sect of muslims we have in Nigeria always give liberal muslims the bad name.

Everybody can practise Islam but Hausafulani muslims have turned Islam to a militant outpost for ethnic and religious cleansing.

Imo citizens have the right to be apprehensive abeg, let's be sincere

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Inasmuch as I promote religious freedom and equality but going on the things that are happening in the muslim world now one has to be very very careful.

Yes many progressive and moderate as well as liberal muslim countries are but Northern Nigeria is consist of hatefilled muslims, vindictive muslims and repulsive people.

There are many Igbos in the Arab world doing businesses, going there as tourists but they are not being attacked when there is Cartoon in Denmark or US and Iraq fight a war but here in Nigeria the vindictive, bigoted, wicked and malicious sect of muslims we have in Nigeria always give liberal muslims the bad name.

Everybody can practise Islam but Hausafulani muslims have turned Islam to a militant outpost for ethnic and religious cleansing.

Sincerely I view religion as fraud but if people want let them follow which ever fraudster they choose. The reason for all the wars is brainwashing of religionists. Bith Christians and Muslims share same trait but Muslims are more pronounced now because of events. Those religions believe only in themselves and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
RareDiamond:

Imo legislature recommends expulsion of coca-cola company Insists coy must tender c-of-o for certification

– Posted 3 days agoPosted in: Economy, International News, Local News, Security

The State House of Assembly Imo state, on Tuesday August, 18, 2015 recommended that, the executive governor of the state, Owelle Rochas Okorocha should take urgent steps in revocation of the certificate of occupancy (c-of-o) for over 300 hectres of land allocated operations of the Nigerian Bottling Company, (NBC), manufacturers of coca-cola soft drinks, in Okigwe LGA, considering the excruciating economic down-turn ravaging the state.
Addressing the Assembly during interface with authorities of the NBC led by the operations manager, Mallam Aliyu Bako, speaker of the House of Assembly Rt. Hon.Acho Ihim, said that the move became most-imperative, in view of the fact that, the company, which occupied the vast land in Okigwe, Imo State for thirty (30) years, has not shown convincing will and desire to help address the unemployment scourge in the state among other bothering issues trailing the protracted delay to begin business by the multi-national firm.
During the summon, preceded by a cross-fire of “question and answer” session upon resolution on a house motion earlier moved by the member representing Njaba constituency, Hon. (Mrs) Uju Mbadiwe, the embittered Majority of the state lawmakers, who took a swipe in ensuring that authorities of the NBC present for certification, operational permit and other papers issued them on allocation of the land at Okigwe since 30years ago, maintaing that, if the company is not ready to begin work on the land, the certificate of occupancy be withdrawn as other companies are readily available to invest there, in the state.
The aggrieved lawmakers, notable among whom are, the deputy speaker Hon. Ugonna Ozuruigbo, (Nwangele) Hon. Chinedu Ofor (Onuimo),Hon. Kennedy Ibeh (Obowo),Hon.Obinna Egu (Ngor-Okpala), Hon.Mike Iheanetu (Aboh-Mbaise) Hon.(Mrs) Uju Mbadiwe (Njaba), Hon Ikechukwu Amuka (Ideato-south) Hon. (Mrs) Ngozi Obiefule (Isu) and Hon.Victor Onyewuchi (Owerri West); are of the view that since the multi-national company has long delayed in the installation of takeoff facilities and equipment, even in the face of the industrialization policy by the governor, Okorocha anchored on attracting business investors in the state for even development, the company should quit, to pave way for others willing to invest, so as to suit the state’s economic needs.
However, the NBC led by Mallam Boko had earlier informed the Assembly that it has plans to complete the ground-breaking operations on the site before the end of 2016, after which it begins installations of mega facilities that would be actualized in the year, 2020.
Consequently, the Assembly led by Speaker Ihim, set up an 8-man committee to mandate the company to redirect its master plan, tender evidence of land allocation or risk revocation. The committee is chaired by Hon. Ike Amuka and seven others.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/?p=7149
I had to come back to this post..how are we sure that it is not because of this that nbc pronounced that they were going to build a plant in okigwe?was that statement an after thought?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2015
abagoro:

Sincerely I view religion as fraud but if people want let them follow which ever fraudster they choose. The reason for all the wars is brainwashing of religionists. Bith Christians and Muslims share same trait but Muslims are more pronounced now because of events. Those religions believe only in themselves and nothing else.

Religion is the biggest fraud on earth. I am only concerned with what Okorocha does with Imo state funds.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:29am On Aug 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Guy you have to know that Africans are damn gullible. They carry other peoples custom on their head while demonizing their own. Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:
well it is likely that egbu youths are likely to get higher percentage of jobs when shoprite starts....so the loss is on amawom youths
ur statement at bolded sound ridiculous to me.how much is shoprite's emolument/salary that egbu youth should be very happy to have such job frm them?
Oh what a Slave mentality job?

If yu dont know bro.all dis fvcking southafrican shoprites in nigeria pays peanut to nigerians employed workers than what they paid them in southafrica..

There is someone i connected there,and the nigerians man said they will paid her 20k/mnth ?

Despite coming from far and despite being a graduate.
Nwanne,our system in nigeria is wrong if they dont checkmated the wrong payment of a foreign base companies in nigeria..
Let them keep overlooking cos
That s y i said,the zoo must fall or they should re-arrange their systems well..

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
biafranking:
ur statement at bolded sound ridiculous to me.how much is shoprite's emolument/salary that egbu youth should be very happy to have such job frm them?
Oh what a Slave mentality job?

If yu dont know bro.all dis fvcking southafrican shoprites in nigeria pays peanut to nigerians employed workers than what they paid them in southafrica..

There is someone i connected there,and the nigerians man said they will paid her 20k/mnth ?

Despite coming from far and despite being a graduate.
Nwanne,our system in nigeria is wrong if they dont checkmated the wrong payment of a foreign base companies in nigeria..
Let them keep overlooking cos
That s y i said,the zoo must fall or they should re-arrange their systems well..
not sure what concerns 'zoo' and the statement I made...i made that statement because the outfit is located within egbu and common sense dictates that those likely to be employed there would be those whose homes are nearby because of the low wages..by the way when I mean youths what I have in mind are generally secondary school leavers not university graduate as a graduate has no biz looking for work there
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:
not sure what concerns 'zoo' and the statement I made...i made that statement because the outfit is located within egbu and common sense dictates that those likely to be employed there would be those whose homes are nearby because of the low wages..by the way when I mean youths what I have in mind are generally secondary school leavers not university graduate as a graduate has no biz looking for work there
but most of the pple in shoprite and park n shop(spar) re graduates. Dont be surprise,when d time comes,yu will see graduates trooping to apply..

All s good...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Pchidexy:

Religion is the biggest fraud on earth. I am only concerned with what Okorocha does with Imo state funds.

I too, let the fraudsters continue using religion to deceive innocent Imolites.

Rochas has done well for the ones he has done considering Imo state resource allocation and IGR.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
B2mario:

I too, let the fraudsters continue using religion to deceive innocent Imolites.

Rochas has done well for the ones he has done considering Imo state resource allocation and IGR.
I doubt you know what is happening in imo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:

please what's happening in Imo state tell me I need to know?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
B2mario:

please what's happening in Imo state tell me I need to know?
you need to stay for sometime to know
it is as you put it..just take it that way
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
abagoro:

Per the bolded, I suggest you take this your idiotic Ikwerre dialect and shove it especially when important issues pertaining to Ndiigbo are being tabled.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:
you need to stay for sometime to know it is as you put it..just take it that way
You did not say anything ooo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, I suggest you take this your idiotic Ikwerre dialect and shove it especially when important issues pertaining to Ndiigbo are being tabled.

What's wrong with Ikwerre dialect, bro stop this childish nonsense. Is it only Ikwerre that uses 'ALI' in Igboland?

Pls allow us to discuss issues that directly affect us if you don't have any tangible thing to say.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
B2mario:

What's wrong with Ikwerre dialect, bro stop this childish nonsense. Is it only Ikwerre that uses 'ALI' in Igboland?

Pls allow us to discuss issues that directly affect us if you don't have any tangible thing to say.

Shut up your putrid mouth. There is everything wrong with Ikwerre dialect. I do not pity most moronic dingbats that pass as Ikwerre that have denied their Igbo heritage. I shall curse any fool that denied him or her self because of a plate of akamu. The poster is an Ikwerre person who has publically claimed Ikwerre are not Igbo. Of course, there are other Igbo subgroups that take Ala for Ali. However, this particular poster does not attract any soft language from me.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogabethel(m): 6:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
Same pictures everyday every year every month common guys ur clueless governor can do better than this nau undecided lipsrsealed kiss
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
ogabethel:
Same pictures everyday every year every month common guys ur clueless governor can do better than this nau undecided lipsrsealed kiss

Do not pay any mind to the loons who thought that the idiotic and painted concrete in and around Owerri is a stratum of development.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Duru1:

Shut up your putrid mouth. There is everything wrong with Ikwerre dialect. I do not pity most moronic dingbats that pass as Ikwerre that have denied their Igbo heritage. I shall curse any fool that denied him or her self because of a plate of akamu. The poster is an Ikwerre person who has publically claimed Ikwerre are not Igbo. Of course, there are other Igbo subgroups that take Ala for Ali. However, this particular poster does not attract any soft language from me.

May God help you!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Duru1:

You are stupid. Because it is not your dialect does not make it Ikwerre. It could be from Arochukwu, Ohafia, Item, Ohaji, Egbema, Edda, Afikpo, Ezza, Mgbo, Izzi.

In ikwerre it is Ameli.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:
if he doesnt then tell him what is happening in imo?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by biafranking: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
abagoro:

You are stupid. Because it is not your dialect does not make it Ikwerre. It could be from Arochukwu, Ohafia, Item, Ohaji, Egbema, Edda, Afikpo, Ezza, Mgbo, Izzi.

In ikwerre it is Ameli.
oh so..there s different btw amali of izzi,ezza ,arochukwu,egbema.afikpo than the ameli of ikwerres pronounciation..

Ayam learning...

Duru1 pls take note cos to me all is igbo languages..

Cc:hopeAthand is that truth?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by HopeAtHand: 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
biafranking:
oh so..there s different btw amali of izzi,ezza ,arochukwu,egbema.afikpo than the ameli of ikwerres pronounciation..

Ayam learning...

Duru1 pls take note cos to me all is igbo languages..

Cc:hopeAthand is that truth?

Duru1 is very silly..

It doesn't matter much if Ikwerres spoke Igboid or share customs with Igbo, we simply arent Igbo and its a collective awareness..We have a name for Igbos and its ISOMA or RumuISOMA.

Being neighbours and having similarities with Igbos doesnt give Igbos the right to attempt to coerce us into accepting what we aren't.

There is a acceptable limit to everything and this continuous coercion is both immoral and illegal and will be vehemently resisted by Ikwerres.

If Igbo cant stay on their own, they can join Cameroon, Ikwerre cared less.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.