Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2400557 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
cool318:

How much are you being paid for all this propaganda.
All the elegant houses you are uploading here are all Private Properties.
How about telling us how Rocha's is using 600 Million for Xmas decoration in Owerri.
Source: The Leader newspaper of today

I can't give response to baseless insinuation. Where is the evidence that he is spending 600million? Does Imo have that amount of money?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mishelly: 8:15am On Dec 07, 2015
Abagworo:

They look like upcoming hotels. Anything wrong?
Ik
I guess to you theres nothing wrong with too many hotels littered around owerri (no offense meant) but now i see why you have issues with people here.I used to think you were unjustly attacked. I wonder if your eye sight is clear.. owerri dont need thousands of hotels before its known that its a "showbiz" place. Even if rochas wanted to make it so wgjy hotels? Why not Venture into things like amusement parks, resorts, etc like that, that will generate money .Calabar and Uyo that have more money and are nice too dont have industries but they worked on making their state not just beautiful but also a nice tourist spot. Honestly ive given up hope on imo. I use to think Rochas was that man that would turn things around, obviously not

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 11:33am On Dec 07, 2015
Rockview Hotels Limited, Owerri

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mishelly:
Ik
I guess to you theres nothing wrong with too many hotels littered around owerri (no offense meant) but now i see why you have issues with people here.I used to think you were unjustly attacked. I wonder if your eye sight is clear.. owerri dont need thousands of hotels before its known that its a "showbiz" place. Even if rochas wanted to make it so wgjy hotels? Why not Venture into things like amusement parks, resorts, etc like that, that will generate money .Calabar and Uyo that have more money and are nice too dont have industries but they worked on making their state not just beautiful but also a nice tourist spot. Honestly ive given up hope on imo. I use to think Rochas was that man that would turn things around, obviously not

And who told you we don't have better resorts and parks? Cross River has more but don't bring Akwa Ibom here. If you must be honest when it comes to numerous parks in a city Owerri is good to go.

Your type is very obvious. If Uyo had good hotels like Owerri you would have praised the development but you are on fault finding mission thereby blaming Okorocha for failing to stop private investors in hospitality business.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
Bayview Resorts and Hotels Owerri is located in Imo State

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
pinewood-hotel-ltd owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Grandeur Hotels Limited Prime
428/429, Aladinma Extension, Owerri city, Nigeria

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mishelly:
Ik

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
One of the characteristics of half of Owerri is the trees and beautiful green well maintained lawns.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Abagworo:
One of the characteristics of half of Owerri is the trees and beautiful green well maintained lawns.

That place was actually built by the previous government all Rochas roads has either been spoilt or abandoned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Vicboi1:

That place was actually built by the previous government all Rochas roads has either been spoilt or abandoned

This thread is not really about Rochas but to showcase sights and sounds of Imo for potential diasporan investors. Rochas has maintained the roads and made them better which is commendable. No road lasts without maintenance otherwise we wouldn't be talking about Douglas and Umuapu roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:06am On Dec 08, 2015
In this years University ranking IMSU has moved up to 39th while FUTO overtakes UNN to become the highest ranked University in the Southeast.

Top 10 Universities in the Southeast

1 FUTO

2 UNN

3 UNIZIK

4 ESUT

5 MOUAU

6 ABSU

7 IMSU

8 Fed Uni Ndufu Alike

9 EBSU

10 Madonna

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 1:04am On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Imo 2015: Okorocha Lauds FEPSGA
By Salifu Usman
— Dec 6, 2015 3:42 am | Leave a comment
Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has expressed delight at the on-going 34th edition of annual Federation of Public Service Games (FEPSGA) tagged ‘Imo 2015’ in Owerri, Imo State’s capital, saying the competition will boost the local economy of the state.

Speaking to newsmen after declaring the games open at the Dan Anyiam stadium in Owerri, he said the state has made history as the first Eastern state to host the annual games.

“This is the first time FEPSGA is being hosted in the south-east, 34 years of the games. We are proud to be the first from this part of the world to host the games.

“We are expecting not less than 10, 000 participants and most of them will spend little money for calls, transportation, accommodation, feeding and so on, and this will help boost our local economy,” he stated.

According to the governor, by hosting the 34th edition of the public service games, Imo State is by implication hosting the unity of the country through sports, assuring the organisers that the state is willing to host the next edition of the championship in 2016.

“It is a source of unity, seeing people from different part of the country coming to Imo State to relax, interact and have fun together. It is a show of love and unity and this is good for our nation at this particular time of our life as a nation.

‘This is a good development which is aimed at keeping civil servants in the state fit and healthy and we are willing to host the next edition again.”

Speaking earlier, the president of FEPSGA, Comrade Hassan Dahiru, commended the state government and the good people of Imo State for their hospitality, saying the federation had settled for Imo State of the staging of the 2015 edition of the game because of the memorable stories about state’s feats in tourism, sports facilities, security network and hospitality.

He commended Governor Okorocha for accepting to host the games, and providing the enabling environment for the successful hosting of games.

The governor was also honour and decorated as an icon of sports and Goodwill Ambassador of FEPSGA.

http://www.leadership.ng/sports/480829/imo-2015-okorocha-lauds-fepsga

Good.
@Abagworo, our Gov.Okorocha likes sports.

December 2015 has come at last; Abagworo, what date this month is the Orlu sports stadium going to be opened?

Remember you told inquiring minds here about four months ago that the Orlu stadium shall be ready by December 2015? Pixsures please.

No sports activity has taken place in Orlu in four years - no sports stadium.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ekafine(f): 6:15am On Dec 08, 2015
I thought I needed to share this here for deliberation. imo gov ruined the state, the present gov is doing even worse.

The ongoing trial of former governor of Imo state, Mr. Ikedi Ohakim may have taken a new turn as a star witness of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC), Mr. Abu Sule, yesterday, narrated before the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, how Ohakim gave him $2.29millon at night to help him acquire a mansion in Abuja. The witness is the Managing Director of Tweenex Consciates Limited, a company EFCC is insisting was used by Ohakim to launder funds that were allegedly stolen from the Imo state treasury.

According to the witness, Ohakim had approached him with the intention to buy a choice property in Abuja and it was while on a search mission he discovered that a mansion situated at No. 60, Kwame Nkrumah Street, Asokoro , was put up for sale by the owner, one Alhaji Muktari Isah MaiDebino , for a price of N270million.

In his words, the witness said: “I quickly informed Chief Ohakim about the house and the price it was going for. He asked me to come for the money. When I got there, he gave me the the dollar equivalent of the money. He gave me $2.29m in cash. I collected the money from him at the Imo State governor’s lodge in Asokoro, at night. The money was paid in one tranche.

“The following day I called Alhaji Muktari Maidebino and we met at Unity Bank in Maitama were he collected the money and handed over the documents of the house. He used the money to offset a loan he collected from the bank where he retrieved the documents. My lord, when I collected the original title deeds, I informed Chief Ohakim. After a bit of delay, he said I should use my companies two names for the Deed of Assignment and Power of Attorney.

“Because he has been my benefactor, I went ahead and did the documents as he requested. The house was never given to me as a gift. I handed the originals of the documents to Chief Ohakim even though I kept the photocopies. I was the one that signed the documents. After we perfected the purchase, we used about one and half years to renovate the house, after which we handed it over to him in 2012”. The witness further told the court that Ohakim on parking into the mansion, persuaded him to prepare a tenancy agreement to make it look like he(Ohakim) rented the mansion from Tweenex Consciates Limited.

https://www.nairaland.com/2787806/ex-imo-governor-gave-me-2.29m
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 8:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:

This thread is not really about Rochas but to showcase sights and sounds of Imo for potential diasporan investors. Rochas has maintained the roads and made them better which is commendable. No road lasts without maintenance otherwise we wouldn't be talking about Douglas and Umuapu roads.
yes i guess ur right but to be honest none of his roads can be compared to the one of the previous admintration
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2015
Imo people and criticism! Chai! What is wrong in showing the beauty of the state so that investors can come in. Hotels are good investment we just need a balance in everything in life. Learn to love where you are from. You can't change it. Contribute your own quota in making Imo state what you what it to be. Operation pull him down(PHD) amongst Blacks is killing us.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by akanuson: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
wow this is good flyover in imo state
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Pchidexy:
Imo people and criticism! Chai! What is wrong in showing the beauty of the state so that investors can come in.

Good you said beauty of the state.
Do like to show-case development in the entire Imo state - not only Owerri.
These days, there is nothing to show about recent developments in Imo state outside Owerri.

Any body, including a governor that likes development only in Owerri hates Imo state, in fact, the person or governor is sowing evil seeds for the future in Imo state.

If as little as 20% of population of Imo citizens venture into settling in Owerri, as government denies provision of social infrastructure outside Owerri these days, the city of Owerri shall soon become a dumping ground - slum city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Chinese Investors Visit Imo
His Excellency, Owelle Anayo Okorocha, the Executive Governor of Imo State received today, Chinese investors at the Imo state government house.
The investors led by Sky Run Chairman, Cheng Chao and Mr. Mathew Uwakwe a Nigerian Representative intend to set up a refinery, electronics production factory and chemical based production plant in Imo State and also, to train and employ Imo citizens and in all these fields.
This is in line with His Excellency's fulfillment of the industry, industry, job, job and employment, employment promise he made to Imo citizens as he welcomed the Chinese investors and assured them of his full support in the industrialisation of the state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2015
Abagworo:
Chinese Investors Visit Imo

His Excellency, Owelle Anayo Okorocha, the Executive
Governor of Imo State received today, Chinese investors at
the Imo state government house.

The investors led by Sky Run Chairman, Cheng Chao and
Mr. Mathew Uwakwe a Nigerian Representative intend to
set up a refinery, electronics production factory and
chemical based production plant in Imo State and also, to
train and employ Imo citizens and in all these fields.

This is in line with His Excellency's fulfillment of the
industry, industry, job, job and employment, employment
promise he made to Imo citizens as he welcomed the
Chinese investors and assured them of his full support in
the industrialisation of the state.
has he paid the salaries he is owning workers because Christmas is approaching ohh

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2015
mandax:

Good you said beauty of the state.
Do like to show-case development in the entire Imo state - not only Owerri.
These days, there is nothing to show about recent developments in Imo state outside Owerri.

Any body, including a governor that likes development only in Owerri hates Imo state, in fact, the person or governor is sowing evil seeds for the future in Imo state.

If as little as 20% of population of Imo citizens venture into settling in Owerri, as government denies provision of social infrastructure outside Owerri these days, the city of Owerri shall soon become a dumping ground - slum city.

My brother, I do not support one sided development. Other towns and even rural areas should be developed. However, I am saying we should appreciate beauty where there is one.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
Even though I don't stay in IMO, I've been oppurtuned to c some on d hospitals under construction. To me, let d government try to finish one n move to d next n so on. Let's think of how many jobs these could bring to d local government. N no government gets t all right, even Fashola with how wonderful he worked NEVER touched some areas in Lagos. This z not to sat ORO should overlook places, I'm just saying it'll b hypocritical to say he isn't working just because he hasn't tarred d road to your king's palace....

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Charly boy meets with Governor Okorocha at Government House

Charles Oputa (a.k.a.) Charly Boy and governor Rochas Okorocha have met at the Governemnt House Owerri, and for the first time after the incident that took place during the burial service of Charly Boy’s father, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa at Oguta LGA.

In his speech, Charly Boy told the Governor that he was at the Government House to inform him about their plan to hold the first Igbo Carnival titled “Njiko Carnival”, and that the event would take place at Oguta Local Government Area because of its tourist potentials.

Mr. Oputa also told the governor that the cultural event would involve all the Igbo speaking states adding that the essence of the event would be to unite the Igbo race and also save Igbo language from dying, stating too that the ceremony would have nothing to do with politics.

According to Charly Boy, the cultural event would boost the entertainment industry in the state and appealed to the governor to allow them make full use of Oguta Motel for the event, and also donate buses to them that could be branded for the event.

In his speech, Governor Okorocha assured them of the full support of his administration for the ceremony and on the spot, granted Mr. Oputa’s request for Oguta Motel, and also said he would give them five branded buses to convey people, and would also provide them with twenty-five traditional dances.

Governor Okorocha also said that his government would partner any group keen in the promotion of the Igbo language and culture, because, according to him when people lose their culture they have lost their identity, describing the idea of organizing cultural carnival as timely because the state equally has the plan of hosting Imo Stars in the entertainment industry and is also planning a carnival.

He commended Mr. Oputa and his group for showing interest in promoting Igbo language and culture

http://www.imostateonline.com/releases/1640-charly-boy-meets-with-governor-okorocha-at-government-house
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cool318(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Who is Rochas sharing the State money with?
No Deputy Governor
No Commissioners
No L.G.A chairman.
He is running a one man Mopol Govt, meanwhile he has just awarded the Xmas beautification to his Daughter. Pensioners are dying in their numbers.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 5:15am On Dec 11, 2015
Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 5:17am On Dec 11, 2015
Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 7:28am On Dec 11, 2015
I must say that Owerri looks cleaner nowadays.

Very good move by the enchanter, all he needed to do was hang up some Christmas decorations, patch up some potholes in strategic locations with substandard materials, pile up some rocks plastered with cement awkwardly with water running through it and get the major roads swept(I genuinely like that) and voila! the gullible are won over.

Meanwhile pensioners continue to die in numbers from unpaid pensions, civil servants continue to admire the lights with empty stomachs and the major inner streets and rural roads are completely untouched.
Hospitals are run aground, the health sector is dead and buried but I guess we prefer Christmas lights.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2015
eaglechild:
I must say that Owerri looks cleaner nowadays.

Very good move by the enchanter, all he needed to do was hang up some Christmas decorations, patch up some potholes in strategic locations with substandard materials, pile up some rocks plastered with cement awkwardly with water running through it and get the major roads swept(I genuinely like that) and voila! the gullible are won over.

Meanwhile pensioners continue to die in numbers from unpaid pensions, civil servants continue to admire the lights with empty stomachs and the major inner streets and rural roads are completely untouched.
Hospitals are run aground, the health sector is dead and buried but I guess we prefer Christmas lights.

The bible said some thing about people like you .But next time i will tell u what it means.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
oooppp:
BIAFRANS come and speak your mind on A.L.A.B.I.A.F.R.A.COM

Bro, Just went there. It's just too difficult to register in that site men. its easier to register on BBC than that site.
i can't go through that amount of trouble
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
OreMI22:

Bro, Just went there. It's just too difficult to register in that site men. its easier to register on BBC than that site.
i can't go through that amount of trouble

But i just registered about an hour ago from Chicago USA

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.