Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405120 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
amakenny:

You should have been worried with the fact that 42 years after Imo state was created, Owerri is the only place worth it in the state. Greed and badly educated governors are responsible. what business do you have with nonikers?

Oga, stop creating multiple monikers and making senseless arguments here

Rochas doesn't read the comments on nairaland

Go to government house and complain
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Stumbled upon this nice aerial shot of rose life hotel
Area b new owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 2:21am On Jul 01, 2018
SoNature:

Oga, stop creating multiple monikers and making senseless arguments here

Rochas doesn't read the comments on nairaland

Go to government house and complain

Jobless man that lives on Nairaland. mistaco is also your moniker. Even the arinzeejinkeonye is you.
Jump into the Atlantic Ocean because Orlu is mentioned here.
Who is writing for Rochas here?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 4:47am On Jul 01, 2018
Abagworo:

Calabar is more flooded than Owerri. Most of the flood photos of Owerri you see are either roads under construction or mild overflow during heavy rainfall. It is mostly propaganda photos and does not always represent reality.

That is false. Who told you that calabar is more flooded than owerri. Like I said, the gutters I saw in calabar was huge, wide and big. As a matter of fact, calabar gutters unlike gutters in the south east were not cluttered. There were hardly any stagnant, putrefied congealed water in them. They were not filled with REFUSE or SAND like south east gutters.
Something else I noticed about calabar which you usually don't see in south east cities. Calabar have inter connected roads with street names that are displayed on each intersection. You can enter a street in calabar, turn left on a tarred road, or turn right on another tarred road, and exit that neighborhood through other tarred roads. The south east cities have this thing were one long road is tarred but ALL the INTERSECTING roads are not tarred. Also, there's not much street and attachment trading in calabar. Where I stayed, you put your refuse outside the gate of the house to be picked up by refuse collectors. There's also night life all the way until around 12pm. In these respect, calabar is a better city than most south east cities.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2018
Ofuzo:

That is false. Who told you that calabar is more flooded than owerri. Like I said, the gutters I saw in calabar was huge, wide and big. As a matter of fact, calabar gutters unlike gutters in the south east were not cluttered. There were hardly any stagnant, putrefied congealed water in them. They were not filled with REFUSE or SAND like south east gutters.
Something else I noticed about calabar which you usually don't see in south east cities. Calabar have inter connected roads with street names that are displayed on each intersection. You can enter a street in calabar, turn left on a tarred road, or turn right on another tarred road, and exit that neighborhood through other tarred roads. The south east cities have this thing were one long road is tarred but ALL the INTERSECTING roads are not tarred. Also, there's not much street and attachment trading in calabar. Where I stayed, you put your refuse outside the gate of the house to be picked up by refuse collectors. There's also night life all the way until around 12pm. In these respect, calabar is a better city than most south east cities.

You write out of ignorance. Owerri has long gone past the stage of talking about tarred road and night life till break of dawn. What government is doing is expansion of roads to accommodate the increased vehicular traffic. As for flooding Calabar is prone to flooding and is at least 10 times more flooded than Owerri can ever be. You were lucky that you either visited during dry season or you stayed maybe at MCC and never moved down South.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
Abagworo:

You write out of ignorance. Owerri has long gone past the stage of talking about tarred road and night life till break of dawn. What government is doing is expansion of roads to accommodate the increased vehicular traffic. As for flooding Calabar is prone to flooding and is at least 10 times more flooded than Owerri can ever be. You were lucky that you either visited during dry season or you stayed maybe at MCC and never moved down South.

Look, don't talk to me like I'm a small boy ok. I'm more than old enough to be somebody's grandfather. This is the second time you have responded to my comments with a patronizing response. I don't just wake up and start saying stuff. Whatever I'm saying here is based on simple observation. Owerri city, like most cities in the south east have lots and lots of untarred roads. I stayed in dreamland hotel owerri two years ago for about a week. I had relatives close by that live in an area called world bank. When I visited them, most of the roads there have not been tarred. I'm sure there are other places in owerri that looks like that. I haven't looked at the tons of pictures that have been posted on this forum since it came into existence. But, there's one on this page that was posted by arinzeejinkonye that is EXHIBIT A of what I'm talking about. It showed the picture of a newly built hotel. One thing that is obvious looking at that picture, is that the area is fully built up. Something else is also self evident looking at the picture. While the main road is tarred, even though it's been covered with sand, all the adjoining roads have not been tarred. So please don't come here and pretend that tarred roads are a thing of the past in owerri.
Like I said, this is my simple observation about the south east cities I've visited in the last four years in comparison with calabar, which I also visited. This thing have been going on in the south east since 1970. The igbos came back to it's cities after the war. They started trading which afforded them the resources to get into real estate. The started buying land and building houses. The problem with this, is that zero infrastructure accompanied this boom. What ended up happening, was that you have fully built areas with NO ROADS, NO WATER, NO OPEN SPACES, NO LANDSCAPING, practically NO ANYTHING.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
From the roof top of rose life hotel

Ochichi obodo anyioooooo
Menuya kodinma
Longlive sir warrior.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
Every landlord in Imo state is expected to dig water borehole, dig sewage system many meters down.

Imo state landscape risks cave-in.

State funds that should have been used to provide treated running water and sewage system to Imo people are used in showmanship showcase development in a small patch of Imo state -Owerri.

Treated running water and sewage system and security are the first debts a government owe the people.

Novices sing Alleluia to every 10-lane road or Inland road or Bypass road or NUJ building or City School of the present gov. in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
discusant:

Every landlord in Imo state is expected to dig water borehole, dig sewage system many meters down.

Imo state landscape risks cave-in.

State funds that should have been used to provide treated running water and sewage system to Imo people are used in showmanship showcase development in a small patch of Imo state -Owerri.

Treated running water and sewage system and security are the first debts a government owe the people.

Novices sing Alleluia to every 10-lane road or Inland road or Bypass road or NUJ building or City School of the present gov. in Owerri.

The DANGER associated with burying our sewers in our backyards is not measurable. I'm SHOCKED that we haven't had any outbreaks of very dangerous diseases. It could be killing people right now without our knowledge. Just imagine every single house in all our large cities like onitsha, enugu, aba, umuahia etc etc with septic tanks in their backyard. I mean, every single house. They then dug boreholes not more than 20 feet from the sewage tanks. The first time I came back home and saw the borehole in our house, I freaked out. I immediately banned my parents from either drinking from it or brushing their teeth with it. It's now only restricted to washing and bathing. There was actually a newstory that is not more than three months old, where I think, an agency of the United Nations was warning nigerians about that. My one and only objective here is to draw people's attention on EXACTLY what we've been doing wrong, and what we should be doing right.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 12:24am On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

The DANGER associated with burying our sewers in our backyards is not measurable. I'm SHOCKED that we haven't had any outbreaks of very dangerous diseases. It could be killing people right now without our knowledge. Just imagine every single house in all our large cities like onitsha, enugu, aba, umuahia etc etc with septic tanks in their backyard. I mean, every single house. They then dug boreholes not more than 20 feet from the sewage tanks. The first time I came back home and saw the borehole in our house, I freaked out. I immediately banned my parents from either drinking from it or brushing their teeth with it. It's now only restricted to washing and bathing. There was actually a newstory that is not more than three months old, where I think, an agency of the United Nations was warning nigerians about that. My one and only objective here is to draw people's attention on EXACTLY what we've been doing wrong, and what we should be doing right.

All these unnecessary rant from Nigerians. Even in small towns in America, they have septic tanks (soak-away) systems and wells (borehole) to supply water.

In Abuja they have septic tanks, yet somebody is ranting why they have septic tanks in Owerri or Onitsha? Pure silly rant!

Yes, you have a point if you advise people to follow the recommendation to dig their borehole (Well) at the FRONT of the building while the septic tank are BEHIND the building. This gives you enough distance between them. You should NEVER drink well water unless it is the very deep boreholes.

NIGERIANS SHOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT HOW TO ACHIEVE CONSTANT ELECTRICITY using solar power or building mini-power plants for every city or BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY! That is the most shameful thing about Nigeria to the global community not septic tanks which are also used in America and Europe.

It is more shameful that small islands like Jamaica, Saint Lucia or even West African countries as Ghana have more stable electricity supply than Nigeria that is swimming in gas, coal and TWO mighty rivers for hydro-power!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 1:36am On Jul 02, 2018
I like that Nigerians are asking these questions why we cannot have a proper city-wide sewage system.

However, i agree that is is beyond embarrassing that at this stage in our national development, we cannot boast of 2 hours of electricity per day in Nigeria. i agree it is beyond shameful and should be NUMBER ONE (#1) priority above every thing else in Nigeria

They need to do with electricity what was done with telecomms. We need to open the sector up to both big time and small players. Anyone that can provide electricity and sell to consumers must be encouraged to do so. It is a national disgrace that Nigeria cannot produce electricity for its own people. Talkmore of exporting.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 1:50am On Jul 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

All these unnecessary rant from Nigerians. Even in small towns in America, they have septic tanks (soak-away) systems and wells (borehole) to supply water.

In Abuja they have septic tanks, yet somebody is ranting why they have septic tanks in Owerri or Onitsha? Pure silly rant!

Yes, you have a point if you advise people to follow the recommendation to dig their borehole (Well) at the FRONT of the building while the septic tank are BEHIND the building. This gives you enough distance between them. You should NEVER drink well water unless it is the very deep boreholes.

NIGERIANS SHOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT HOW TO ACHIEVE CONSTANT ELECTRICITY using solar power or building mini-power plants for every city or BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY! That is the most shameful thing about Nigeria to the global community not septic tanks which are also used in America and Europe.

It is more shameful that small islands like Jamaica, Saint Lucia or even West African countries as Ghana have more stable electricity supply than Nigeria that is swimming in gas, coal and TWO mighty rivers for hydro-power!

This useless village anambra BOYI is at it again. Remember, last time I warned you about doing your investigation by WIKEPEDIA. You obviously googled something that showed you picture of a septic tank somewhere. What you showed is actually a septic tank. Even though I have been calling what you have in nigeria septic tanks, they are actually not. They are just holes dug in the backyard that was CEMENTED. Septic tanks in the US are metal not cement. In this way, what you have in nigeria is 100 times worse than what you showed in that picture. The picture depicts a proffessional company whose job it is, to suck out the sewage waste from the septic tanks. NO SUCH THING EXIST IN NIGERIA. All the sewage buried in our backyards have never been sucked out. In DEVELOPED countries, they are periodically CLEANED to prevent LEAKAGE.
Secondly, your DUMBNESS is magnified 100 times over when you suggested that the raw sewage buried in our backyards will not affect the boreholes dug in the frontyard. Nothing could be further from the truth. Since you are a proffessional googler, why don't you google United Nations report on drilling boreholes next to sewage dumps in nigeria and read up. That report have already indicated that nigerians are drinking borehole water contaminated with faeces. When the sewage escapes it's encapsulation, it will gradually sink and spread with each rainfall. It could sink as deep as one mile, with a possible radius of at least one square mile hence the warning by the UN.
You can't just sit in your house and google something and then use it as a contrarian evidence to debunk an issue. The reason why that is a false analogy is because 99.99% of raw sewage in most of these countries are treated in a waste treatment plant. The opposite is the case in south east cities where 100% of raw sewage is buried in our backyards.
Just like you googled something to show you a house in the US with septic tank, the same way you googled houses for sale in the US, to debunk my assertions that there are no selling and buying of land by private individuals. There are probably 1% exception to the rule in most things in the world. I've lived in this country for more than 35 years. I don't have to google anything to tell you how something works here OK.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 2:03am On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

This useless village anambra BOYI is at it again. Remember, last time I warned you about doing your investigation by WIKEPEDIA. You obviously googled something that showed you picture of a septic tank somewhere. What you showed is actually a septic tank. Even though I have been calling what you have in nigeria septic tanks, they are actually not. They are just holes dug in the backyard that was CEMENTED. Septic tanks in the US are metal not cement. In this way, what you have in nigeria is 100 times worse than what you showed in that picture. The picture depicts a proffessional company whose job it is, to suck out the sewage waste from the septic tanks. NO SUCH THING EXIST IN NIGERIA. All the sewage buried in our backyards have never been sucked out. In DEVELOPED countries, they are periodically CLEANED to prevent LEAKAGE.
Secondly, your DUMBNESS is magnified 100 times over when you suggested that the raw sewage buried in our backyards will not affect the boreholes dug in the frontyard. Nothing could be further from the truth. Since you are a proffessional googler, why don't you google United Nations report on drilling boreholes next to sewage dumps in nigeria and read up. That report have already indicated that nigerians are drinking borehole water contaminated with faeces. When the sewage escapes it's encapsulation, it will gradually sink and spread with each rainfall. It could sink as deep as one mile, with a possible radius of at least one square mile hence the warning by the UN.
You can't just sit in your house and google something and then use it as a contrarian evidence to debunk an issue. The reason why that is a false analogy is because 99.99% of raw sewage in most of these countries are treated in a waste treatment plant. The opposite is the case in south east cities where 100% of raw sewage is buried in our backyards.
Just like you googled something to show you a house in the US with septic tank, the same way you googled houses for sale in the US, to debunk my assertions that there are no selling and buying of land by private individuals. There are probably 1% exception to the rule in most things in the world. I've lived in this country for more than 35 years. I don't have to google anything to tell you how something works here OK.

You wrote all that useless epistle just to still agree that THERE ARE SEPTIC TANKS IN AMERICA! Now sharaap and go to the next topic. I just wanted you to know that there are septic tanks in America. You funny characters come to Nigeria to rant about what you cannot even afford in your ghetto apartment in some rough inner city abroad.

Truly, I have no time for a lazy low life ghetto dweller in America like you. You do not even know what is obtainable in America, yet you must "advise" Nigerians from your position of IGNORANCE.

I hope you also have Jerry curls, braided hair, gold teeth and earrings too to prove you are civilized and Nigerians are not. Ndi ala ! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 3:09am On Jul 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

You wrote all that useless epistle just to still agree that THERE ARE SEPTIC TANKS IN AMERICA! Now sharaap and go to the next topic. I just wanted you to know that there are septic tanks in America. You funny characters come to Nigeria to rant about what you cannot even afford in your ghetto apartment in some rough inner city abroad.

Truly, I have no time for a lazy low life ghetto dweller in America like you. You do not even know what is obtainable in America, yet you must "advise" Nigerians from your position of IGNORANCE.

I hope you also have Jerry curls, braided hair, gold teeth and earrings too to prove you are civilized and Nigerians are not. Ndi ala ! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shut the FURK up you DUMB SUCKER. Punk ass mother FURKING son of a DUMMY. Take a look at that american house you posted here to prove a point and compare and contrast how the landscaping looks versus landscaping around nigerian houses. You posted the picture to prove a point, but inadvertently proved a different point in the process. Did you see the entire front, side and backyard covered with GREEN LUSH GRASS? In an american house, the only place covered with cement concrete is the driveway and nowhere else. That is the only place where CEMENT is used in american houses and in the back of the houses. YES, cement is sooooo ugly, they only use it in the back of their houses and the driveway that leads to the garage. Just count how many trees are in front and side of that house.
Dummies like you have to know best practices before you can improve yourself and your communities. If not, it's gonna be the same MEDIOCRITY that have SURFOCATED igboland since Independence. Tomorrow, you will be running around talking about you want to be governor. You want to be governor to FURKING do what? So you can ride around in an siren escort and live in opulence with the masses at your beck and call. But your DUMB as will award a road contract the next day with GUTTER as drainage system, roads with no PEDESTRIAN SIDEWALKS, roads with no TURN LANES, roads with no TRAFFIC LIGHT, roads with no SHOULDERS, boreholes instead of WATER and WASTE TREATMENT PLANTS etc etc. And then, you'll walk around chest thumping on how your city looks better than abeokuta, lafia or lokoja.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 3:50am On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

Shut the FURK up you DUMB SUCKER. Punk ass mother FURKING son of a DUMMY. Take a look at that american house you posted here to prove a point and compare and contrast how the landscaping looks versus landscaping around nigerian houses. You posted the picture to prove a point, but inadvertently proved a different point in the process. Did you see the entire front, side and backyard covered with GREEN LUSH GRASS? In an american house, the only place covered with cement concrete is the driveway and nowhere else. That is the only place where CEMENT is used in american houses and in the back of the houses. YES, cement is sooooo ugly, they only use it in the back of their houses and the driveway that leads to the garage. Just count how many trees are in front and side of that house.
Dummies like you have to know best practices before you can improve yourself and your communities. If not, it's gonna be the same MEDIOCRITY that have SURFOCATED igboland since Independence. Tomorrow, you will be running around talking about you want to be governor. You want to be governor to FURKING do what? So you can ride around in an siren escort and live in opulence with the masses at your beck and call. But your DUMB as will award a road contract the next day with GUTTER as drainage system, roads with no PEDESTRIAN SIDEWALKS, roads with no TURN LANES, roads with no TRAFFIC LIGHT, roads with no SHOULDERS, boreholes instead of WATER and WASTE TREATMENT PLANTS etc etc. And then, you'll walk around chest thumping on how your city looks better than abeokuta, lafia or lokoja.

I didn't have time to read your ghetto English. I did't know when you veered into grass , traffic lights etc when we were discussing SEPTIC TANKS. Suffice to say that they way you jump from topic to topic proves 100% that you are insane.

In your insanity, you still admitted that there are septic tanks in America Q.E.D grin grin grin . That's all i wanted you to learn.

Now go and take your medications or your quick fix hard drugs because you cannot stay on a topic. I don't discuss with senseless hood rats.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 4:41am On Jul 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

I didn't have time to read your ghetto English. I did't know when you veered into grass , traffic lights etc when we were discussing SEPTIC TANKS. Suffice to say that they way you jump from topic to topic proves 100% that you are insane.

In your insanity, you still admitted that there are septic tanks in America Q.E.D grin grin grin . That's all i wanted you to learn.

Now go and take your medications or your quick fix hard drugs because you cannot stay on a topic. I don't discuss with senseless hood rats.

I have told you countless times to go check yourself to a mental institution. You wanted to disprove my point, instead you validated it. Hahahahahahahsha. Showing me pictures of septic tanks that are being cleaned up. How many times did proffessional septic tank cleaners come to your neighborhood in onitsha to suck out and clean any tanks? DUMB SUCKER.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 5:01am On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

I have told you countless times to go check yourself to a mental institution. You wanted to disprove my point, instead you validated it. Hahahahahahahsha. Showing me pictures of septic tanks that are being cleaned up. How many times did proffessional septic tank cleaners come to your neighborhood in onitsha to suck out and clean any tanks? DUMB SUCKER.

One of the most pitiful things about you is telling blatant lies and thinking everyone is a child to buy your silly lies.

A picture clearly showing INSTALLATION of septic tank is interpreted in you lunatic's brain as cleaning abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin
You truly need help.

I'm sure you have never been abroad if not you would have recognized the pictures. You are just one of those pathological liars that disgrace themselves with inconsistent silly lies.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mistacoco: 6:33am On Jul 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

One of the most pitiful things about you is telling blatant lies and thinking everyone is a child to buy your silly lies.

A picture clearly showing INSTALLATION of septic tank is interpreted in you lunatic's brain as cleaning abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin
You truly need help.

I'm sure you have never been abroad if not you would have recognized the pictures. You are just one of those pathological liars that disgrace themselves with inconsistent silly lies.
dont argue with that fool.ish boy he will drag down to his level and beat you to it.

Always comparing southeast state with other country's state capital and even America. If the ediot is not happy with the way things are been done here, he should follow the proper channel to lay his complains to the govt not displaying his stupidit.y on every southeast thread.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 6:46am On Jul 02, 2018
mistacoco:
dont argue with that fool.ish boy he will drag down to his level and beat you to it.

Always comparing southeast state with other country's state capital and even America. If the ediot is not happy with the way things are been done here, he should follow the proper channel to lay his complains to the govt not displaying his stupidit.y on every southeast thread.

Hurry up and get yourself to the nearest psychiatrist hospital. Now, you posted something with a name, and then responded to your own post with another name. Useless anambra village BOYI.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mistacoco: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

Hurry up and get yourself to the nearest psychiatrist hospital. Now, you posted something with a name, and then responded to your post with another name. Useless anambra village BOYI.
from your response and write up on this forum shows you av'nt cross the shores of Nigeria.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

Hurry up and get yourself to the nearest psychiatrist hospital. Now, you posted something with a name, and then responded to your own post with another name. Useless anambra village BOYI.

Have you joined those who insult other Igbo sub groups?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
Ofuzo:

You need to come back home bro. I don't even know what you take Nigeria for.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Stumbled upon this nice aerial shot of rose life hotel
Area b new owerri.
if this is owerri them am off to new york....
Men can lie sha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
Abagworo:

You need to come back home bro. I don't even know what you take Nigeria for.

Come back home? If you have been reading what I have been posting, you would have known that I came back home last year. Some of you have serious comprehension problem.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2018
Maduawuchukwu:

Have you joined those who insult other Igbo sub groups?

How did I insult other igbo sub groups? Where did you get that from? Saying anambra BOYI is not insulting anambra people. It just means a BOYI from anambra state. Give me the name of his village if you know it and I will substitute anambra with his village name. This useless anambra BOYI have been insulting enugu and ebonyi people since this thread started. I was SHOCKED beyond belief how everybody allowed him to get away with it and was instead claiming he was from kogi state. The BOYI is a psychopath with several names he uses to post comments on this forum. He has steadfastly refused to engage in objective and constructive discussion going on here with anybody. He only goes crazy when you mention anambra state. IN SHORT, THE BOYI IS A USELESS IGBOMAN.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
https://independent.ng/dangote-cement-opens-mega-warehouse-in-owerri/amp/

Independent Newspapers Nigeria

Dangote Cement Opens Mega Warehouse In Owerri
HomepageNewsNdigbo

Owerri – A mega Dangote Cement Warehouse built at the Onitsha Road Industrial Layout, Owerri, Imo State, has been officially opened by Governor Rochas Okorocha, with Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the president of Dangote Group, present.

Speaking on the occasion, Okorocha commended Dangote for his outstanding empowerment initiatives through employment and building of industries, adding that before now there was no presence of Dangote in Imo State.

He extolled Dangote as a bridge builder and a very humble man, who believes in Nigeria and in humanity without minding religious differences or where one comes from.

He added that Dangote deserves every honour in the country.

According to the governor, “The man Dangote is humble about his wealth. He does not show undue strength with his wealth.

“Dangote Cement has sold more cement in Imo State than it has done in any other part of the country because of the infrastructural revolution going on in the state. Imo State today is a new state.

“The wealth of Nigeria is in Imo untapped because of the presence of high quality gas in the state. And the gas plant in the state is yet to function. I appeal that Alhaji Dangote would partner with the state in this regard.”

In his speech earlier, Dangote said Imo State is one of the major markets of Dangote Cement and other products of the Dangote Group, stating that he was in the state for the opening of a mega Warehouse for Dangote Cement.

Dangote, who with his entourage had earlier paid a courtesy call on the governor at the Government House Owerri, commended Okorocha for the good work he is doing both in Imo State and in Nigeria in general, and for providing enabling environment for business and socio-economic activities to strive in the state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ozuru(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Abagworo:
https://independent.ng/dangote-cement-opens-mega-warehouse-in-owerri/amp/

Independent Newspapers Nigeria

Dangote Cement Opens Mega Warehouse In Owerri
HomepageNewsNdigbo

Owerri – A mega Dangote Cement Warehouse built at the Onitsha Road Industrial Layout, Owerri, Imo State, has been officially opened by Governor Rochas Okorocha, with Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the president of Dangote Group, present.

Speaking on the occasion, Okorocha commended Dangote for his outstanding empowerment initiatives through employment and building of industries, adding that before now there was no presence of Dangote in Imo State.

He extolled Dangote as a bridge builder and a very humble man, who believes in Nigeria and in humanity without minding religious differences or where one comes from.

He added that Dangote deserves every honour in the country.

According to the governor, “The man Dangote is humble about his wealth. He does not show undue strength with his wealth.

“Dangote Cement has sold more cement in Imo State than it has done in any other part of the country because of the infrastructural revolution going on in the state. Imo State today is a new state.

“The wealth of Nigeria is in Imo untapped because of the presence of high quality gas in the state. And the gas plant in the state is yet to function. I appeal that Alhaji Dangote would partner with the state in this regard.”

In his speech earlier, Dangote said Imo State is one of the major markets of Dangote Cement and other products of the Dangote Group, stating that he was in the state for the opening of a mega Warehouse for Dangote Cement.

Dangote, who with his entourage had earlier paid a courtesy call on the governor at the Government House Owerri, commended Okorocha for the good work he is doing both in Imo State and in Nigeria in general, and for providing enabling environment for business and socio-economic activities to strive in the state.

we need industries in IMO state not warehouse

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2018
Abagworo, even though we prefer industries to warehouses, pictures of the warehouse would have been better than handshakes, don't you think (so)?

Please don't post those APC South East Rally whatever here

This thread is about development not politics

I hate Nigeria’s version of politics

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by horsepower101: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
ozuru:

we need industries in IMO state not warehouse

When it comes to the East, Dangote opens distribution center. He did the same in Asaba to supply Onitsha booming housing market.

Igbos should be wise. Nigerians will never invest their money in the East. They will rather open an outlet just to sell their products

But Igbos go everywhere and without malice build factories and employ locals.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
horsepower101:

When it comes to the East, Dangote opens distribution center. He did the same in Asaba to supply Onitsha booming housing market.

Igbos should be wise. Nigerians will never invest their money in the East. They will rather open an outlet just to sell their products

But Igbos go everywhere and without malice build factories and employ locals.

Let's face it: do you honestly blame them when are only are the only Nigerian tribe always clamouring for secession instead of restructuring?

It's only Igbos who have separatist groups while the rest of the tribes in Nigeria have militia that uses force to get what their people deserve. But the Igbos want out!

The last things an investor wants to experience are political instability and uncertainty.

Sincerely, I don't blame them because every move Nnamdi Kanu, Ben Onwuka or Ralph Uwazuruike makes has a far-reaching negative effect

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153