Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405462 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2018
Develpeast:
You all can insult him all you want but I think okorocha is the best governor you have had since 1999. In fact, he is the best governor in the southeast. The recent beauty of imo state and the calibre of infrastructure he has built so far can dwarf any governor in the east in recent times. The only problem he has is that he doesn't know how to commercialize his state to be economically viable.

In the next couple of years, if they continue what he has put on ground, imo state will have the highest malls in the country. I have seen close to 6 malls under construction. This better than the ones built by other states at the moment.
'beauty of imo state'.. maybe beauty of owerri

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2018
Develpeast:
You all can insult him all you want but I think okorocha is the best governor you have had since 1999. In fact, he is the best governor in the southeast. The recent beauty of imo state and the calibre of infrastructure he has built so far can dwarf any governor in the east in recent times. The only problem he has is that he doesn't know how to commercialize his state to be economically viable.

In the next couple of years, if they continue what he has put on ground, imo state will have the highest malls in the country. I have seen close to 6 malls under construction. This better than the ones built by other states at the moment.

Let's not bastardize the meaning of mall, please

Better still, there are malls and there are a collection of lockup stores. While Owerri Mall can be defined as a real mall by Nigerian standards, I am afraid the rest of the malls I see springing up in Owerri are a mere collection of lockup stores. Please there's a difference.

That said, speaking of projects, having lots of ongoing projects is one thing and delivering high-quality jobs is quiet another. Are u aware that some projects Rochas build don't stay more than one year?

Take, for instance, in 2011, Douglas Road was rehabilitated...I am a living witness. The following year, it became dilapidated. And any rational person will wonder the essence of building projects whose lifespan hardly exceed one year.

Also, COREN has cautioned motorists against plying some flyovers Rochas constructed because they worry about their poor quality. If someone builds a house that will collapse the following year, he has just wasted money. And that’s what Rochas is doing: wasting money. Rochas shames me.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Develpeast: 8:40am On Jun 25, 2018
SoNature:

Better still, there are malls and there are a collection of lockup stores. While Owerri Mall can be defined as a real mall by Nigerian standards, I am afraid the rest of the malls I see springing up in Owerri are a mere collection of lockup stores. Please there's a difference.

That said, speaking of projects, having lots on ongoing projects is one thing and delivering high-quality jobs is quiet another. Are u aware that some projects Rochas build don't stay more than one year?

Take, for instance, in 2011, Douglas Road was constructed...I am a living witness. The following year, it became dilapidated. And any rational person will wonder the essence of building projects whose lifespan hardly exceed one year.

Also, COREN has cautioned motorists against plying some flyovers Rochas constructed because they worry about their poor quality. If someone builds a house that will collapse the following year, he has just wasted money. And that’s what Rochas is doing: wasting money. Rochas shames me.

I am not a resident of the state but from the news I get from this page, I believe he is the one doing more than other states in my opinion. The other states are just sampling private investments in their pages. I know the orlu people are complaining about him but his roads are neat and well paved in my opinion than many states I have been to.

Moreover, I don't know about his projects not lasting more than a year. I think that also applies to other states too in this country because of their shoddy works. The guy has a mindset which is beautiful to me. I mean the guy is actually building structures and not only roads. The rest are just building roads and nothing more. Rochas is building structures like stadium, schools and the rest. Please you guys should not just crucify the guy as if he is just moving left and had never moved right.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2018
Abagworo:

Continue wailing while we continue our tremendous growth. Propaganda cannot cover the truth eyes can see and statisticians can verify.

I am not a waller and can never be because I neither depend on Rochas nor Buhari to lead a decent life. However, I must criticize some anomalies that I feel strongly about, especially when they are being shoved down my throats.

I'm very objective in my analysis; I defend Rochas when the need arises. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't call a spade a spade.

By 30th May, 2019, Imo State will go on record as the state with highest number of poorly executed projects in Nigeria and home to the highest concentration of abandoned projects.

Now, that's keeping me worried sick because those translate to wasted resources! kindly tell Rochas to stop awarding projects and finish ongoing ones.

I hear he says he will keep working till 29th May, 2019. Just tell him not to award the contract for a new project that day...BIKO

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
B2mario:

let me answer this.

They solicited for the office from him and he gave them one.

For seven years, Orlu, including its elders, has solicited for gov. Okorocha to build Orlu's internal urban roads, the roads are still an eyesore.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
Develpeast:

Is your state's development and beauty assessed only from what is available in your state capital?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Screenshots of exploits on site by rytegate

Credit - aerial videography, rytegate

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 1:57am On Jun 26, 2018
Abagworo:
Drainage work continues on Wetheral road despite the challenges of heavy rains and accompanying flood. I have strong feelings that this road started in April can be completed in record 6 to 8 months.

Those pictures you showed are not drainages. These are GUTTERS. Gutters are not drainages. Gutters can be drainages if deployed in certain areas, like a hilly environment. But when those water in the gutter come down to the valley from the hill, you still have to channel it somewhere, otherwise it will naturally flood the environment. Drainages are usually a system of pipes that collect rain water from holes strategically placed in certain areas of the road usually right next to the curb. When the water goes into those pipes, it doesn't stay there. It usually will flow and empty out in strategically designated places. Most American suburbs have lots and lots of open and forested or wooded areas. Those open spaces, especially the wooded areas is where the pipes empty it's contents. Usually built when the housing estates were constructed, the wooded areas are usually deep like an embankment. After every rain, the water will flood the place like a lake, and then gradually dry up after a few days with no rain. Some are permanent pools, but will rise and fall at intervals of heavy rains and no rain.
There are places where they have gutter like drainages here. But, it's not cemented but rather grassed. Basically, a gutter, but not cemented. What happens when it rains is the same thing I described with rain water that are dumped in wooded areas. After each rain, the water will accumlate in this GRASSED gutter. After a few days without rain, the accumulated water on the GRASSED gutter will simply dry out. There is never ever any accumulated pool of water that would have stagnated in these GRASSED gutters. They always dry out because they don't have rainy seasons here. But the GRASSED gutter here is the exception not the norm. Very very few in numbers.
This scenario I've described here CAN NEVER happen in igboland because of the selling and buying of land by individuals. Everybody who furks off money for a plot of land MUST put a building on it. Some four story, some two story and some bungalows. Some with boys quarters, some with guard shacks. There are absolutely no open spaces as a result. Some of the buildings on the same block are facing east, others facing west and some others facing the street. It's a hodge podge of utter disorganized eyesore.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2018
SoNature:

That said, speaking of projects, having lots of ongoing projects is one thing and delivering high-quality jobs is quiet another. Are u aware that some projects Rochas build don't stay more than one year?

Take, for instance, in 2011, Douglas Road was rehabilitated...I am a living witness. The following year, it became dilapidated. And any rational person will wonder the essence of building projects whose lifespan hardly exceed one year.

The lies can't sell again. People have eyes and can see the truth while others are busy publishing falsehood on cyberspace
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2018
Ofuzo:

Those pictures you showed are not drainages. These are GUTTERS. Gutters are not drainages. Gutters can be drainages if deployed in certain areas, like a hilly environment. But when those water in the gutter come down to the valley from the hill, you still have to channel it somewhere, otherwise it will naturally flood the environment. Drainages are usually a system of pipes that collect rain water from holes strategically placed in certain areas of the road usually right next to the curb. When the water goes into those pipes, it doesn't stay there. It usually will flow and empty out in strategically designated places. Most American suburbs have lots and lots of open and forested or wooded areas. Those open spaces, especially the wooded areas is where the pipes empty it's contents. Usually built when the housing estates were constructed, the wooded areas are usually deep like an embankment. After every rain, the water will flood the place like a lake, and then gradually dry up after a few days with no rain. Some are permanent pools, but will rise and fall at intervals of heavy rains and no rain.
There are places where they have gutter like drainages here. But, it's not cemented but rather grassed. Basically, a gutter, but not cemented. What happens when it rains is the same thing I described with rain water that are dumped in wooded areas. After each rain, the water will accumlate in this GRASSED gutter. After a few days without rain, the accumulated water on the GRASSED gutter will simply dry out. There is never ever any accumulated pool of water that would have stagnated in these GRASSED gutters. They always dry out because they don't have rainy seasons here. But the GRASSED gutter here is the exception not the norm. Very very few in numbers.
This scenario I've described here CAN NEVER happen in igboland because of the selling and buying of land by individuals. Everybody who furks off money for a plot of land MUST put a building on it. Some four story, some two story and some bungalows. Some with boys quarters, some with guard shacks. There are absolutely no open spaces as a result. Some of the buildings on the same block are facing east, others facing west and some others facing the street. It's a hodge podge of utter disorganized eyesore.

You mean underground drainage pipes. Gutters, and canals are drainages but open drainage. However in the case of the ones in Owerri and some Nigerian cities the gutters are covered with concrete pavements or left open. You will need to visit home.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2018
Ongoing Pedestrian bridge clearer photos.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Develpeast: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2018
kikake:

Is your state's development and beauty assessed only from what is available in your state capital?

The guy will not contest in the coming elections and whatever you say or do will hold nothing against him. I know he needs to spread his focal points but that doesnt negate the fact that the owerri he focused on made so much sense to me. The only problem i have with these governors is their inability to commercialize their states. I find it heartbreaking that they only build to beautify instead to enable the environment to attract investors more.

Please do not label him only as a failure but as person who has also looked at other parts of the state. Maybe someone else can just look at orlu and other environs and develop it.

To be fair, he is the only governor that is working. He is actually building something. That to me is something.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Develpeast: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2018
I was in imo state in 2012. I had a project at awaza flow station before my dad died that year. Because i was shuttling awaza and anambra state, I was always passing through imo state before going to my state. The state had many bad roads and I am telling you the truth. I have not been to the state since then but from what I have seen, I think many of those areas would have been touched.

I know he has many lapses which makes him incompetent but the one he has done, the guy tried. At least turning a mere town to a city is not really easy.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2018
Develpeast:
I was in imo state in 2012. I had a project at awaza flow station before my dad died that year. Because i was shuttling awaza and anambra state, I was always passing through imo state before going to my state. The state had many bad roads and I am telling you the truth. I have not been to the state since then but from what I have seen, I think many of those areas would have been touched.

I know he has many lapses which makes him incompetent but the one he has done, the guy tried. At least turning a mere town to a city is not really easy.
smh

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
Abagworo:

You mean underground drainage pipes. Gutters, and canals are drainages but open drainage. However in the case of the ones in Owerri and some Nigerian cities the gutters are covered with concrete pavements or left open. You will need to visit home.

Drainage = to drain. Gutters are not drainages. A drainage MUST be able to drain. Anything that cannot drain should not be called drainage. Somebody started a gutter system in the sixties which we've adopted up to the present day. Developed countries don't use gutters as their drainage system. Gutters are ESPECIALLY USELESS in flat environmental cities like aba, orlu or owerri. This is because, when it rains, the rains collect in these gutters and just sits there for the most part. It doesn't flow to ANYWHERE which is supposed to happen in a drainage system. When you look at gutters that are scattered all over igboland, the waters sitting in them are rains that fell years and years back. Because it doesn't flow to anywhere, it stagnates, becomes putrefied and congealed greenish smellish dump. Matters are made worse when refuse and urine is infused into this congealed soup. The look of it is petrifying. This is what you have in igboland.
Instead of building gutters and covering them up, which is a JOKE, why don't you guys just build proper drainages. Drainages are PIPES. The holes you see in developed countries on both sides of their roads are collection points for the rain water to go into these PIPES. I've already described what a proper drainage system is. You can scroll up and read up on that.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ofuzo:

Drainage = to drain. Gutters are not drainages. A drainage MUST be able to drain. Anything that cannot drain should not be called drainage. Somebody started a gutter system in the sixties which we've adopted up to the present day. Developed countries don't use gutters as their drainage system. Gutters are ESPECIALLY USELESS in flat environmental cities like aba, orlu or owerri. This is because, when it rains, the rains collect in these gutters and just sits there for the most part. It doesn't flow to ANYWHERE which is supposed to happen in a drainage system. When you look at gutters that are scattered all over igboland, the waters sitting in them are rains that fell years and years back. Because it doesn't flow to anywhere, it stagnates, becomes putrefied and congealed greenish smellish dump. Matters are made worse when refuse and urine is infused into this congealed soup. The look of it is petrifying. This is what you have in igboland.
Instead of building gutters and covering them up, which is a JOKE, why don't you guys just build proper drainages. Drainages are PIPES. The holes you see in developed countries on both sides of their roads are collection points for the rain water to go into these PIPES. I've already described what a proper drainage system is. You can scroll up and read up on that.

Stop writing ignorantly. Gutters are not just dug for the sake of storing water but part of interconnected drainage system that are sloppy and empties into bigger water bodies. In Owerri most empty into Otamirioche and Nworie Rivers. In some places where the slope might be too deep then underground pipes are employed like done by Rochas at Works layout and Amakohia. In this case there are manholes from which the water is drained as against open gutter in some others.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
What we don't have in Nigeria is sanitary sewage system. I hope you are not confusing it with drainage system.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 12:19am On Jun 27, 2018
Abagworo:

Stop writing ignorantly. Gutters are not just dug for the sake of storing water but part of interconnected drainage system that are sloppy and empties into bigger water bodies. In Owerri most empty into Otamirioche and Nworie Rivers. In some places where the slope might be too deep then underground pipes are employed like done by Rochas at Works layout and Amakohia. In this case there are manholes from which the water is drained as against open gutter in some others.

Nice try. Interconnected gutters? The only thing that resembles interconnected gutters are the ones I saw in calabar. The gutters I saw in calabar was huge, wide and deep. I have never seen such huge gutters in the southeast. If you are claiming that owerri gutters are interconnected, that's good but I absolutely don't believe it. If owerri gutters are interconnected, what's up with all the flooding everytime it rains? Please come with something else, cause I don't believe this interconnected stuff.
One problem we have in nigeria is displaying a snippet of something to show that the stuff exists. For example, if I say here that igbos don't do landscaping, somebody will quickly post a picture of a landscaped area. The problem with that, is the fact that that picture might be the only place in the entire state that is landscaped. 99% of the rest of the state could still look like shithole. Or if I say that owerri streets don't have sidewalks. Somebody will quickly post a picture of owerri road with sidewalks eventhough that might be one of only ten streets in the entire city with sidewalks. So, having been in owerri, and the rest of southeast states and having seen open gutters that have stagnated with congealed looking slime, what you said about interconnected gutters doesn't tell the whole story.
Having said that, let's stop and desist with the mediocrity. This is what I'm preaching and I'll keep preaching that until it sinks in. Exact same thing I told this angry orlu guy that's always fretting about the neglect of his city, when he was talking about WATER SCHEMES. We should go back to square one and start building things the right way. We don't need water schemes. We need to build WATER TREATMENT and WASTE TREATMENT PLANTS. Water treatment plants for drinking, cooking, washing, bathing, peeing and pooing. And after you've done all the above, the waste water is pumped to a waste treatment plants to be cleaned and discharged. That's how it's supposed to be done instead of burying human waste in your backyard with the HIGH likelyhood of conterminating underground water. There's a BIG BIG chance that some of the water we drink from boreholes that are only ten to twenty feet away from septic tanks are comtaminated with faeces. Now, google eko atlantic city video that depicted the building of their drainage system. You will see that there were no interconnected gutters in eko atlantic city because nobody except nigerians build their drainage system that way. Everything you'll see on that video will be PIPES.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OyiboUgbo04: 7:51am On Jun 27, 2018
I helped Ohakim acquire N270m Mansion in Asokoro, Abuja – Abu Sule tells court

http://easternreporter.com/2018/06/27/i-helped-ohakim-acquire-n270m-mansion-in-asokoro-abuja-abu-sule-tells-court/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2018
Ofuzo:

Nice try. Interconnected gutters? The only thing that resembles interconnected gutters are the ones I saw in calabar. The gutters I saw in calabar was huge, wide and deep. I have never seen such huge gutters in the southeast. If you are claiming that owerri gutters are interconnected, that's good but I absolutely don't believe it. If owerri gutters are interconnected, what's up with all the flooding everytime it rains? Please come with something else, cause I don't believe this interconnected stuff.
One problem we have in nigeria is displaying a snippet of something to show that the stuff exists. For example, if I say here that igbos don't do landscaping, somebody will quickly post a picture of a landscaped area. The problem with that, is the fact that that picture might be the only place in the entire state that is landscaped. 99% of the rest of the state could still look like shithole. Or if I say that owerri streets don't have sidewalks. Somebody will quickly post a picture of owerri road with sidewalks eventhough that might be one of only ten streets in the entire city with sidewalks. So, having been in owerri, and the rest of southeast states and having seen open gutters that have stagnated with congealed looking slime, what you said about interconnected gutters doesn't tell the whole story.
Having said that, let's stop and desist with the mediocrity. This is what I'm preaching and I'll keep preaching that until it sinks in. Exact same thing I told this angry orlu guy that's always fretting about the neglect of his city, when he was talking about WATER SCHEMES. We should go back to square one and start building things the right way. We don't need water schemes. We need to build WATER TREATMENT and WASTE TREATMENT PLANTS. Water treatment plants for drinking, cooking, washing, bathing, peeing and pooing. And after you've done all the above, the waste water is pumped to a waste treatment plants to be cleaned and discharged. That's how it's supposed to be done instead of burying human waste in your backyard with the HIGH likelyhood of conterminating underground water. There's a BIG BIG chance that some of the water we drink from boreholes that are only ten to twenty feet away from septic tanks are comtaminated with faeces. Now, google eko atlantic city video that depicted the building of their drainage system. You will see that there were no interconnected gutters in eko atlantic city because nobody except nigerians build their drainage system that way. Everything you'll see on that video will be PIPES.

Calabar is more flooded than Owerri. Most of the flood photos of Owerri you see are either roads under construction or mild overflow during heavy rainfall. It is mostly propaganda photos and does not always represent reality.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
Okigwe LGA chairman inspecting level of work at the new stadium. Looks like it's at the finishing stage.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
Abagworo:
Okigwe LGA chairman inspecting level of work at the new stadium. Looks like it's at the finishing stage.

very good, but the race track should be expanded
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
B2mario:

very good, but the race track should be expanded

Yea it should be 8 tracks not 6 but it seems the plan has always been 6.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2018
Abagworo:

Yea it should be 8 tracks not 6 but it seems the plan has always been 6.
it's ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
Seems a new suspension bridge is being built at Amakohia.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
Update on new justice oputa High Court complex.
Credit - Rochas pikin

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abagworo:

Just wanna buttress the fact that artificial turf seems to be the order of the day,

Even enyimba stadium's rehabilitation is nearing completion

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mistacoco: 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Update on new justice oputa High Court complex.
Credit - Rochas pikin
where is it located?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
mistacoco:
where is it located?

New owerri bro.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
Since Mid 2013, people of the 12 local government areas of Orlu zone watch Gov. Rochas Okorocha's development of Owerri and Okigwe areas.

Orlu zone remains the least developed in Imo state.

In this 2010 video, Rochas Okorocha said he was on the governorship race for the interest of Orlu zone.
Orlu zone heard him and voted him highest in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqlyhIxUMc

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mistacoco: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
amakenny:
Since Mid 2013, people of the 12 local government areas of Orlu zone watch Gov. Rochas Okorocha's development of Owerri and Okigwe areas.

Orlu zone remains the least developed in Imo state.

In this 2010 video, Rochas Okorocha said he was on the governorship race for the interest of Orlu zone.
Orlu zone heard him and voted him highest in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqlyhIxUMc
you and your different monikers. If you don't like him vote apc out come election.. Its late for this your cry.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
mistacoco:
you and your different monikers. If you don't like him vote apc out come election.. Its late for this your cry.

You should have been worried with the fact that 42 years after Imo state was created, Owerri is the only place worth it in the state. Greed and badly educated governors are responsible. what business do you have with nonikers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.