Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2396179 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Collynzo9: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
asha80:
Just wondering if imsg can build an owerri bye pass tiad that would connect Onitsha owerri express around irete to connect to obinze towards ihiagwa nekede and bust out at naze futo junction so that vehicles going to aba would not enter owerri proper.
All those places you mentioned are very much supposed to be part of ''Owerri proper''. With a more prosperous economy and an increase in population, they will be.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
oneeast:
I know you are a peace lover but I have come to notice that our people do not love peace. Nedu and abagworo were all over Anambra thread offloading there frustration and bitterness because of the advancement that state is making but you were not seen to caution them now you have shown up to sound emotional.

i understand frm the onset,that yu re pasting this pix cos of abagworo,and i do understand ur emotions too,
but i do visits anambrarian thread,i am waitin d day i wil caught him speaks against the anambrarians or denied d development over there..,
then yu wil know am nt takin side of anybody..
if u go thru ma old thread,yu wil notice it..
i ve dissagree a lot with abagworo concerning buhari ,and even berem too..
We re nt saying that imo state is like london totally,but we cannot denied how beautiful the environment look like..
i see it as an edge to biafra nation,cos i can built my house in anambra,imo,rivers igbo,and anioma,and they wil be safer than outside biafra land..
do yu want his pound of flesh cos he spokes ills against anambrarian,
no matter what he said to anambrarians there,
he is still our broda,just like i am to yu..
ok do yu want to paint imo state black cos of abagworo nd berem?
What abt the innocents ones?dnt u know u wil hurt thier feelings..
anyway,oneeast..
i went to anambra thread and i lay my point on how anambra is the house of the east,am saying it again..
that s bygone..

pls stop this hatred pix,and if posible delete it,the yorubas re gullible enough,u knw why,they re quick to make fallacy of hasty generalisation.when it comes to anything igbos...

By the way oneeast..

we re igbos,
we wil live long to be an igboman,
we will die as an igboman,
and we all shall come back as an igboman,
cos we re proud to be call an igboman..
i remain faithful to the entire igboland. cool

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tosin7:

abagworo is a known hack on nairaland so i had be a fool to believe his pix.

i will believe the unbiased pix posted by oneeast.

his pix are real because i know that imsu junction.

rochas need to wake up that is my own.

the state is fast going down the drain

can you imagine there is no meaningful development i have seen anywhere in imo state
at bold one,do u mean a hacker?
has he hacked yu before?
pls watch ur tonque and check d meaning of hack.

at bold 2,i ve seen the reason why jesus was the criminal and barnabas the saint,so it aint new to me...

the world is not in a haste but the fast runner thought they ve gotten there..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Well you have made some valid points too. But abagworo hates the truth, he even branded me any enemy because I ones told him the bitter truth about Imo state. The only motorable road into Owerre is the Onitsha road, other roads are in shambles. Ph road is a disaster, the road has got so bad that my car near got stuck on it the last time I was going to Ph.

Nobody hates Imo state but we all want the state to be saved from going down the drain like it is already going. Can you imagine that okorosha has borrowed over 200billion but we are still searching the whole of imo state to find where that money entered but none. All the rural roads in imo state are unpassable and unmotorable but abagworo will not want the world to see that part but he will have the time to junket to other people's threads.

Let us save imo state from further collapse.

emmysoftyou:
i understand frm the onset,that yu re pasting this pix cos of abagworo,and i do understand ur emotions too,
but i do visits anambrarian thread,i am waitin d day i wil caught him speaks against the anambrarians or denied d development over there..,
then yu wil know am nt takin side of anybody..
if u go thru ma old thread,yu wil notice it..
i ve dissagree a lot with abagworo concerning buhari ,and even berem too..
We re nt saying that imo state is like london totally,but we cannot denied how beautiful the environment look like..
i see it as an edge to biafra nation,cos i can built my house in anambra,imo,rivers igbo,and anioma,and they wil be safer than outside biafra land..
do yu want his pound of flesh cos he spoke ills against anambra,
no matter what he said to anambrarians there,he is ur broda,just like i am to yu..ok do u paint imo state black cos of abagworo nd berem? What abt the innocents ones?
anyway,
i went to anambra thread and i lay my point on how anambra is the house of the east,am saying it again..
that s bygone..

pls stop this hatred pix,and if posible delete it,the yorubas re gullible enough,u knw why,they re quick to make fallacy of hasty generalisation.when it comes to anything igbos...

By the way oneeast..

we re igbos,
we wil live long to be an igboman,
we will die as an igboman,
and we all shall come back as an igboman,
cos we re proud to be call an igboman..
i remain faithful to the entire igboland. cool

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Abagworo:
Owerri city hall NYC
cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
oneeast:
Well you have made some valid points too. But abagworo hates the truth, he even branded me any enemy because I ones told him the bitter truth about Imo state. The only motorable road into Owerre is the Onitsha road, other roads are in shambles. Ph road is a disaster, the road has got so bad that my car near got stuck on it the last time I was going to Ph.

Nobody hates Imo state but we all want the state to be saved from going down the drain like it is already going. Can you imagine that okorosha[/b]has[b]borrowed over 200billion but we are still searching the whole of imo state to find where that money entered but none. All the rural roads in imo state are unpassable and unmotorable but abagworo will not want the world to see that part but he will have the time to junket to other people's threads.

at bold one,i guess yu re an igbo man,never becos yu hates an imo state people,mispelt an igboname 4 dat matter.it aint gud 4 ur type bro.

at bold two,yu said the governör of imo state,has borrowed upto 200billion, shocked
sorry to burst ur bubbles,i need a link 4 evidence or ..

At bold 3,
it shows yu re nt a traveler or itinerant like me,
next time,go round the state and by past or drive pass egbu road to mbeise,or okigwe rd to amaraku,or frm amaraku to umueazeala,
drive past frm amaraku to ideato north and south then arondizeogwu,
and see what rochas is doing in terms of tarred roads and even frm orlu to anambra road links,and see with ur eyes,
that those road apart frm onitsha to owerri,that u mention,are passable and motorable..

At bold 4,
imo is the home of tourist centre and hospitality.
it didnt collapse during the war,and it cant neva collapse again..
no mata the leader that lead..
i rest my views
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Y......a.....w.......n !!!!
These days I yawn a lot, and each time, APC comes to mind.

Then this song: "Ndi Oru Uzo Agbaghara Ibe ha O!" - the song also comes to mind. We were singing that song when I was a labourer in Ikwerre, Rivers state.

Yes, I was a labourer before becoming millionaireman.

My take is that if we governor of Imo state had focused on building up APGA, instead of going for the quicker way; perhaps by next election, APGA can win all the SE states, and we governor by 2019 must have a stronger bargaining power to become President or VP of Nigeria. Yours Truly said this at the beginning of the road to APC.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 6:09am On Dec 18, 2014
[b]The Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission [RMFAC] earlier this month raised alarm on the debt burden of some states in the Federation. The National Assembly has also raised the same alarm.
The Imo State Government has severally said that she has no loans taken since the inception if this administration. But during the budget presentation, for the 2013 budget, it became clear that Imo State government is heavily indebted.
The budget reveals that twenty two (22) billion naira loan was obtained by this administration in 2011, and sixty one (61) billion naira obtained in 2012. The government further seeks the approval of eighty one (81) billion naira loan for the coming 2013. These figures do not include the forty five (45) Billion naira loan obtained from Zenith Bank using the Local Government Area Allocations, as collateral.
If the State House of Assembly approves the budget, with the requested 81 billion naira loan for 2013, Imo would have taken a total of 211 Billion Naira loan in 2years of Rescue Mission administration.[/b]

This is a serious problem because it amounts to mortgaging the future of Imo Youths. When you add the allocation received by the administration during this period, you will start to wonder what Imo have to show for these enormous amounts of money.
We must all be cognizant of the fact that our primary source of income in Imo State Government still remains the revenue allocation from the Federation. As a matter of fact, Revenue allocation to Imo State contributes over 98% of Imo State’s income.
Revenue allocation on the other hand is totally dependent on the volatile world oil market. With new oil discoveries every day in other parts of the world, and the decision by the United States to exploit her oil reserves, the price of oil may eventually be on a permanent downward trend. What this means to Imo State is, may be, we may have put our state in a situation that she may not be able to get out from. To compound the problem, none of these monies had been used in income yielding projects and assets.

If there are no substantial increases in the allocation to Imo State, Imo may be unable to service these loans, while paying the salaries of its work force. Already we are bow experiencing the early stages of serious financial hardships. Employees of Imo State University Teaching Hospital claim that the last salary they received was the salary for the month of September. It is now almost the end of December, and most of the employees of the teaching hospital have yet to receive October salaries.
Furthermore, retired primary school teachers in the state are also claiming to have only received January and February pension checks. How do you expect a pensioner to survive without his or her pension check for almost 10 months of the year? The right to pension is a vested right and should not be tampered with.

As a well meaning Imo citizen, I appeal to the members of the House of Assembly to take a very serious and look close at the budget before passing it. An additional penny loan to the state’s debt profile may spell doom for Imo State and her people. A state that has less than 130 billion naira total income annually cannot survive with over 200 billion naira debt. Passing the budget with the inclusion of 81 billion naira loan approval to the executive will amount to giving the executive the choice of either servicing the loan and keep Imo State from defaulting or being able to pay salaries of employees. Knowing our governments, past experience tells me that the choice may be retrenchment.
Imo must be better, but Imo can only be better of we do not spend the future of our children today.
Imo can only remain better, if she is returned back to the hands of God.

- See more at: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/16/mortgaging-the-future-of-imo-children-dr-kelechi-okpalake/#sthash.6XRK9ZBn.dpuf

emmysoftyou:
at bold one,i guess yu re an igbo man,never becos yu hates an imo state people,mispelt an igboname 4 dat matter.it aint gud 4 ur type bro.

at bold two,yu said the governör of imo state,has borrowed upto 200billion, shocked
sorry to burst ur bubbles,i need a link 4 evidence or ..

At bold 3,
it shows yu re nt a traveler or itinerant like me,
next time,go round the state and by past or drive pass egbu road to mbeise,or okigwe rd to amaraku,or frm amaraku to umueazeala,
drive past frm amaraku to ideato north and south then arondizeogwu,
and see what rochas is doing in terms of tarred roads and even frm orlu to anambra road links,and see with ur eyes,
that those road apart frm onitsha to owerri,that u mention,are passable and motorable..

At bold 4,
imo is the home of tourist centre and hospitality.
it didnt collapse during the war,and it cant neva collapse again..
no mata the leader that lead..
i rest my views

Imo state is a disaster, there is no motorable road, the state teaching hospital is more or less a poultry farm, IMSU is still operating from a kitchen-line house, owerre is still very dirty and disorganized filled with prostitutes, graduates are still running away from the state because there is no industry to take them in. There is absolutely nothing working in Imo state. If commercial se.x hawking is what you call tourism and hospitality then you need your head checked again.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
IGR: Imo grosses past N1bn

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/11/igr-imo-grosses-past-n1bn/

Imo State has grossed past the N1 billion mark in its internally
generated revenue (IGR) by end of September 2014, BusinessDay
reliably gathered from Chike John Okafor, the immediate past
commissioner of finance in the state, who has just resigned his
appointment to pursue a political career at the House of
Representatives by 2015.
The amount indicates an increase of more than 233 per cent
from about N300 million recorded by the state by end of May
2011, when the Governor Rochas Okorocha administration
assumed office in state.
Okafor, a former senior bank manager at Zenith Bank plc
Owerri, before being snapped up in June 2011, from the
financial world by Governor Rochas Okorocha, said, the IGR
jump was as a result of government’s moves to block most of
the revenue leakages in the system.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Imo, Abia FRSC brace up for Xmas, launch Operation Octopus
By Our Reporter on December 10, 2014 Oriental News

The Christmas season is here again. Indeed, it is a season when there is sharp increase in human and vehicular movement, particularly in the Eastern part of the country.

This is so because it is the period those who had travelled out in the past one year or so in search of the greener pasture, visit home to see their kith and kin. As a result, major cities in the East usually witness debilitating traffic gridlock and increased road crashes.

It was against this backdrop and the desire to forestall the ugly incidents that the Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC), Imo and Abia States commands, embarked on a joint patrol of the two states in what they tagged ‘Operation Octopus’.

Speaking during the launch of the exercise which involved checking of motorists for offences ranging from over speeding (speed limit violation), dangerous driving, seat belt violation, driving under the influence of alcohol, using of phones while driving, worn out and expired tyres, among other road traffic offences, the Imo State Commander of the FRSC, Y.K Salami, said the operation was part of activities to create awareness for the Xmas period.

“What we are doing is part of the activities to create awareness for the Xmas period which is always crucial in our work. As it has become traditional in the FRSC, as from the month of September, we start to create awareness by going to motor parks, visiting important personalities in a locality, like the traditional rulers and also having the special patrol as we are doing today.

“The exercise we are having today, we’ve had similar exercise last month with Anambra State, and we are extending it to other states because it is a form of creating awareness to the general public and the road users so that level of road crashes will be down.

“This special joint patrol for the Xmas period is tagged ‘Operation Octopus’ which is a two-legged exercise, having it in Imo State and in Abia State. With this, the level of awareness will go up. There will be increased awareness amongst the drivers, passengers and the general public so that since safety is everybody’s responsibility, everybody will be able to contribute one way or the other to it positively from the pedestrian to the driver, that is the essence of what we are doing”, he said.

Salami used the occasion to advise motorists to always ensure that they do not use expired tyres while driving.

He gave them tit bits on how to know when their tyres had expired.

“Motorists should check by the sides of their tyres, they will see the manufacturing date, the month and the year. Once you see the year the tyre was manufactured, you add another four years and at the end of which the tyre has expired.

“It doesn’t matter whether the tyre is having a firm grip on the road, they may have produced the tyre for a long time, packed it in the warehouse, it may have expired there before they started selling it and when you look at it facially, you will say it is a very fine tyre because the grip is still there, but the quality of the tyre is gone which means it could burst anytime. You observe that these days we are having tyre bursts leading to road accidents and that is why we are laying emphasis on worn tyres or tyre violation generally,” he said.

Salami said that the awareness was not limited to the enlightened persons in society as his men also go from one motor park to another to enlighten people, adding that “they also visit traditional rulers and Church leaders as well as market men and women.”

Also speaking, R.T. Kumven, Abia State Commander of FRSC, said that apart from the enlightenment programmes and regular patrols and checks, the Corp was deeply involved in the training of drivers.

He said this was so because it is the driver that moves people on the road. According to him, “there is some pro-activity that we have taken in terms of correcting the anomaly which we have observed in the training of drivers. And that is why the FRSC established standard driving schools all over the federation in that a new applicant who wants to obtain a new driver’s license must pass through these schools and must be certificated by the schools.

“It is after they might have been certificated that they then apply for drivers’ licence. For commercial drivers, they will in addition pass through a medical check up to know about his medical condition so that we will not go and issue drivers licence to persons with serious health challenges as not to create problems to passengers. Outside that, every driver that is arrested for any offence receives at least one hour training from us”, Kumven said.

As a way of ensuring that accidents were reduced to the barest minimum during this Xmas period, Kumven said FRSC of the two sister states commands were having a high level stakeholders relationship such as with the transport unions, RTEAN, NURTW, among others whereby their men interact with them on weekly basis.

“There is what we call road transport safety standardization scheme where we partner with the transport fleet – those that have five vehicles and above – we relate with them on daily basis.

As men of the Corp checkmate activities of motorists, so are their activities being checked.

According to the Abia State sector commander, “the Corp is in forefront of checking those officers that are corruptive in nature and they are removing them. Those who are found to be corrupt, their appointments had been terminated and others will follow because we have no room for corrupt officers just as we do not take it kindly with motorists who bribe our officials.”

He said that they are prepared for the Xmas period as apart from equipping the patrol vehicles with first aid materials, the clinic inside the unit at Kilometre 78, Enugu Port Harcourt Expressway has been stocked for the treatment of accident victims.

“If any road crash happens within that area, the accident victims will be quickly moved to the clinic and treated there by our para-medics. So, we are prepared to render first aid treatment to accident victims. We train our men on how to detect the condition of accident victims and the type of treatment to give them before taking those who are serious to hospital,” he disclosed.

The Unit Commander, RS 9.44, Augustine Anya Kalu, advised motorists to always obey road signs law, stating that most of the accidents recorded in the past were due to reckless driving.

He promised increased surveillance on roads within the area particularly now that Christmas was approaching.

On the day of the launch of the exercise, a Mobile Court which was part of the operation convicted 26 motorists for various road traffic offences.

The Mobile Court, which sat at the base of RS. 9.44 Unit along the Aba/Owerri High Court, Ngor Okpuala, Imo State and presided over by Magistrate Akunna C. Opara convicted the motorists for offences ranging from over speeding (speed limit violation), dangerous driving, seat belt violation, driving under the influence of alcohol, using of phone while driving, worn out and expired tyres, among other road traffic offences.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=94792
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Curlieweed: 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
oneeast:

Nobody hates Imo state but we all want the state to be saved from going down the drain like it is already going. Can you imagine that okorosha has borrowed over 200billion but we are still searching the whole of imo state to find where that money entered but none. All the rural roads in imo state are unpassable and unmotorable but abagworo will not want the world to see that part but he will have the time to junket to other people's threads.

If you want to criticize our Apeeshit government, that's ok by me. You have every right as an igbo man to do that. However, when you start calling my sisters, prostitutes and our homes, brothels then you've crossed the line.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
MASSOB takes over Owerri for Ojukwu memorial day, rekindles Biafra hope
By Our Reporter on December 17, 2014 Oriental News

From CHIDI NNADI, Enugu and GEORGE ONYEJIUWA, Owerri

For those who thought the crisis that rocked the headquarters of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) in Okwe, Onuimo Local Government Area of Imo State has broken and weakened the organisation, they may after all be wrong as proved on December 10.

Many had thought that MASSOB had been hit so hard by the crisis and its members disintegrated and dispersed, which raised fear that the Ojukwu Memorial Day observed by the group would be greeted with low turnout.

But on December 10, the rescheduled memorial day for the late Igbo leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, members of the group took over Owerri by storm, especially the New Owerri axis where the Ojukwu Memorial International Library and Convention Centre is located.

Most of the members of the group in Biafran camouflage and T-shirts were in high spirits as they took positions, sector by sector, in canopies mounted outside the Ojukwu Library regaling and dancing to tunes from the musical groups that came with them.

They were waiting for the arrival of Ojukwu’s widow and Nigeria’s Ambassador to Spain, Iyom Bianca Ojukwu on whose instance Ojukwu’s memorial date of this year was shifted from November 26 to December 10 to enable her attend.

By 2:15p.m; Bianca arrived at the venue and was received by the leader of MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, who took her round the library to greet thousands of MASSOB members who sat state by state, zone by zone, making them to erupt in thunderous cheers as some of them surged forward to greet Ojukwu’s widow.

Soon, the event began with Archbishop Chukwuereka Iheanacho who came from Lagos leading in the opening prayers laced with words of advice for the Igbo.

He thanked the MASSOB members, their leader Uwazuruike, Eze Nri, Obidiegwu Onyesoh, Iyom Bianca for keeping alive the Ojukwu memories.

The archbishop noted that the day was significant to the Igbo man, praying that

God should bless Ndigbo, Biafra, Nigeria and Africa in general.

He lamented that Nigeria is now in a precarious condition like when the Israelites left Egypt and got to the Red Sea, saying that the country only requires prayers.

“In the 60s Nigeria was pregnant and it delivered the civil war, Nigeria is now pregnant with corruption and may deliver crisis; therefore, we need to pray for God to deliver our people,” he said.

The archbishop said that he had come to Owerri to celebrate the great man of valour Ojukwu, saying that he has two mentors, God and Ojukwu, who, he said, “was consistent with the aspiration of our people.”

The cleric said that Ojukwu showed the Igbo man that a man could be consistent with his dreams.

Also speaking, Ambassador Bianca expressed happiness that the Ojukwu Memorial Library was also completed.

She thanked the MASSOB leader and the Biafran war veterans who have sacrificed to ensure that the project is completed for their tenacity of purpose.

She, however, frowned at the way some politicians have been using the name of her late husband to enrich themselves while the same people have not done anything to immortalise him except what Uwazuruike, his adopted son was doing.

Her words: “I want to thank Chief Uwazuruike and the war veterans who have continued to remember Ojukwu every year by organizing a memorial anniversary for him. But those who have used the name of Ojukwu to win political offices and even those who have set up companies using his name have done nothing to remember him”.

Bianca also enjoined the MASSOB members not to allow external forces to cause them to disintegrate or break their ranks for the selfish interest of those people.

When Biance arrived at the home of Uwazuruike, she was amazed by the main door of the MASSOB leader which had a large picture of Ojukwu on the door, making her to tarry awhile at the door in order to raise praises for her late husband.

Also speaking, the Eze Nri, His Royal Majesty Obidiegwu Onyesoh, who led other traditional rulers to the event, said he had attended the anniversary because of the respect and honour he has always accorded to Dim Ojukwu while he was alive.

He commended Chief Uwazuruike for keeping the memorial of Ojukwu in the consciousness of Ndigbo by organizing the anniversary of his passage every year.

The traditional ruler of the Nri Ancient Kingdom pointed out that Uwazuruike has not only deemed it necessary to continue to celebrate the late revered Igbo leader but has gone a step further by erecting a befitting Library and Convention Centre in his name.

The royal father also lamented the continued marginalization of the South-East in the scheme of things in the country and insisted that the South-East must be given an additional state at least to assuage the region’s structural marginalization.

Hear him: “We South-East is marginalized today because of the injustice in the land and I am saying that the South-East must be given another state at least to redress the structural marginalization. Our people in government must see to it that it is done.

“I want our people to emulate the life Dim Ojukwu who scarified all he had for Ndigbo and that is why we are here today to honour his memorial as a great son of Ndigbo whose only thought and action was how to liberate the people from oppression and marginalization”.

Similarly, Dr Dozie Ikedife, erstwhile President -General of the apex Igbo cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, said that the late Ojukwu remained the spirit of the Biafran struggle and as long as the spirit of Ojukwu was with the Igbo people the Biafra state would come to fruition one day.

“The state of Biafra will come to fruition because the spirit of Ojukwu is with the people. But this time we are not going to fight another war, what we are going to use now is wisdom because the case of Biafra in still in the court and we are going to be victorious, but Ndigbo should love one another as Ojukwu had loved Ndigbo,” he advised.

Also, Reverend Samuel Aniebo who came from Lagos to attend the memorial ceremony said that though the Ikemba Nnewi had left the physical world, he is still alive because his spirit has continued to live among the Igbo people.

“Even though our revered and beloved leader has departed this physical world he is still alive because his spirit still lives among the people that is the reason you see this mammoth crowd of people who have abandoned their various businesses just to come to in order to honour the memory of the man who had sacrificed his father’s wealth, personal comfort to fight their cause,” he said.

He maintained that Ndigbo would be free in no distant future, pointing out that “if East Timor with a population of just 150,000 and Montenegro which has a population of 800,000 is free then Ndigbo with a population of about 70 million will definitely be free.”

One of the Biafra war veterans, Chijioke Nnam, a 67-year-old man from Abakiliki, Ebonyi State, said that he has continued to attend the memorial of Ojukwu, saying that if not for him Ndigbo would have been wiped out during the civil war which was imposed on the East by Nigeria.

The war veteran maintained that he would ever remain grateful to the late Dim Ojukwu for his sacrifice to Ndigbo, pointing out that other veterans who attended the event did so to honour his memory.

He also thanked Chief Uwazuruike for keeping the flag of Biafra flying.

In his speech, the leader of MASSOB, Chief Uwazuruike said that “Ojukwu brought Biafra,” promising that “Biafra would never die.”

He pointed out that before this time when Biafra was mentioned “the Nigerian security agents would clamp down on us but today that era has passed.”

Uwazuruike said: “Today, the Federal Government has come to the reality that Biafra has come to stay because of the sacrifice that we have made towards the realization of the state of Biafra.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=95837
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
Abagworo you are an ugly dirty old man. You are a jobless old hag parading the streets of Ph haven born a b.astard. Your background and how you grew up in the slum of the Port harcourt speaks volume about you. You have a serious complex that is why you cannot stay one day without looking for trouble from the people that you see as ahead of you and your useless ordinary state.

You start the madness and I have devoted enough time to treat your fvck up. We all know that Owerre and Imo state has the worst roads in East even worse than Aba but we have resisted posting them until your madness started. Okorosha is a criminal and should stoned to death by the Igbos. He is fraud who has borrowed over 200 billion with nothing on the ground to show for rather Imo state is messed. Today your useless people are trooping to my state to live and earn a living.

Bring it on, I have decided to throw caution to the wind to decisive follow you up to the end.

Abagworo:
I have to write this to bring to the notice of real Anambrians and real Igbo the constant temptation by Chino and all his monikers and my constant peaceful approach. From page 1 to 100 of this thread can any one point where I posted pictures of old or new, false or true or attempted to derail this thread or use derogatory words against anyone. Nobody is immune to rascality. We Ogutans and Ikwerrians are warlike people and if pushed to the wall, the madness will spread. All of us know how bad roads in Onitsha, Awka et al are and we have pictures as well as the capability to get a thousand pictures today but I chose not to engage in mudslinging.

Chino is suffering from inferiority complex as a result of his parental background and the environment he grew up. My criticism is same everywhere and I say the truth without favour but for now I will still say it that Peter Obi was a complete scam and until a government comes that will be able to harness the potentials of Onitsha and turn Anambra to the State with IGR of at least 3billion, I will still rate him below average.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
It is not in my place to decide that but I am saying what is a common knowledge.

Curlieweed:

If you want to criticize our Apeeshit government, that's ok by me. You have every right as an igbo man to do that. However, when you start calling my sisters, prostitutes and our homes, brothels then you've crossed the line.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Curlieweed: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
oneeast:
It is not in my place to decide that but I am saying what is a common knowledge.

Since it's not in your place to decide that you shouldn't repeat hearsay in a public forum because you've not carried out any poll to determine the states of origin of the working girls in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
bring it you old man. I am ever ready to crush you.

Imo state is in a sorry state. There is no single motorable road in Imo state. Below is a road in Owerre.. cheesy cheesy

I have thrown caution to the wind just for you.

Abagworo:

I wish you could follow me to the end or even criticise Okorocha who is not a saint but trying to declare war on behalf of Anambra against other Igbos is what I am warning about. If other Anambrians fail to caution you then it means a silent war is being bred and it is not in the interest of you Chino and any of your silent supporters.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nwanne let us not pretend. It is a fact we Igbos know but we chose to keep under the blanket. The likes of abagworo should mind their useless state otherwise we shall be coming up with such harmful truth again and again..

Curlieweed:

Since it's not in your place to decide that you shouldn't repeat hearsay in a public forum because you've not carried out any poll to determine the states of origin of the working girls in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
Let this war be fought once and for once..abagworo I am here! I have said it that we are not the same people with you prostitutes but you keep forcing yourself on us. Is it by force to be nwanne??
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cooltone: 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
Like Chino like Becomrich aka musiwa. Chino=one east= curlieweed=odenigbo aroli. What a spam bolt. The difference between musiwa and Chino is that one is obsessed about Imo state and the other is western Nigeria. The common thing about them is that they both have mental problems and need psychiatric attention asap.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
Imo pdp has sworn to ban keke if they eventually
get to Douglas house but Imo is wrapped in the
hands of God. They will end up in Douglas road.
Amen

Owelle2015

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
cooltone:
Like Chino like Becomrich aka musiwa. Chino=one east= curlieweed=odenigbo aroli. What a spam bolt. The difference between musiwa and Chino is that one is obsessed about Imo state and the other is western Nigeria. The common thing about them is that they both have mental problems and need psychiatric attention asap.
u ar in the spirit

True talk
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Residents of Control Post, Owerri, want Imo State Government to save them from the activities of robbers, prostitutes and other forms of pick pocketers that have now infested the area. There has been an upsurge in harassment from large number hoodlums since the demolition of Ukwuakpu along Assumpta Avenue, which forced the nocturnal men to relocate to Onitsha Road.

Some of the residents of the area who took their grievances to THE Leader Newspaper on Thursday, Nov. 14, said they now live in fear because the presence of fierce looking men and ladies. One of the residents who owns a shop along Onitsha Road narrated how these robbers broke into her shop and snatched away her generator set. Her case became compounded she said, when she complained to one of the regular prostitutes. The prostitute agreed to help her retrieve her generator from her gang and demanded the sum of five thousand Naira from her. In her quest to have back her property, she paid the money. She said after a few days of fruitless waiting, she saw the prostitute and reminded her of their deal. The response she received was that the group which was in custody of the generator was a stubborn one and needed more money. The victim had to release another cash of one thousand Naira.

At the time of this report, she had not got her generator back or seen the prostitute again.
When THE LEADER visited the Control Post, it was discovered that many residents and traders in the area have had similar experiences. While some have had their money snatched from their pockets, others described how their shops have been burgled while others narrated stories of intimidation in the area from prostitutes and these brigands.

In a chat with the Community Government (CGC) Youth Leader, New Owerri II, Mr. Chimezie Ibe, he expressed regrets at the growing activities of hoodlums at the Control Post. Mr. Ibe categorized these hoodlums into: prostitutes, robbers, touts, Indian hemp smokers and some resident-criminals. He attributed the menace to the presence of illegal Motor Parks, which have attracted and also groomed most evils right in front of Assumpta Cathedral.

He noted that the demolished Ukwuakpu also led to the displacement of some of the robbers and prostitutes who relocated to the uncompleted shops and stalls under construction behind the NNPC Mega Station along Onitsha Road.

In a further investigation, THE LEADER reporter spotted the presence of one popular brothel in the area known as “Timaya” as a major boost to the presence of these criminals around the Control Post. Most of the prostitutes, THE LEADER gathered are provided accommodation in the lodge from where they operate. Our reporter gathered from authoritative sources that these prostitutes partner with the operators of Timaya who use them to patronize their customers. While Timaya provides the official lodge for some, others rent houses inside Kalu Nwankwo and Akajiaku Estates whereas others hibernate in the uncompleted structures behind the Mega Filling Station.

When THE LEADER visited the police on the issue, the Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Joy Elemoko, admitted awareness of the situation at the Control Post. Asked why such illegality and lawlessness continue to flourish in the presence of law enforcement officers – police and army stationed in the area, she noted that the police cannot do it alone. She remarked that the situation has been like that for long but seems to be getting worse now that Christmas is approaching. The PPRO expressed regrets that the situation at the control post is a huge challenge which the police are finding difficult to deal with.

According to her, “We are powerless – if we go there and raid the place – as we did before, their brothers will come here to complain and bail them out. The last time we raided the place, calls were coming from Abuja and everywhere asking for those arrested to be released”. She went further to say, “Unfortunately, some of the prostitutes are being patronized by dignitaries who have a lot of power. Even the baby factory we raided has put us under a lot of pressure”. The police spokeswoman refused to attribute the menace to the issue of unemployment as she maintained, “There are bankers and working class people who are still armed robbers. Some people are prostitutes, whether they have job or not”. She however reiterated the resolve of the police to fight corruption as she promised that they will continue to draw the attention of those responsible to that alarming condition at the Control Post Owerri.

It should be recalled that the Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha had earlier acknowledged the presence of prostitutes at the Control Post. Governor Okorocha had stated at the time he was repealing the outrageous abortion bill that he was distressed by the presence of prostitutes in front of the Assumpta Cathedral. The Governor said it shocks his imagination that young ladies could be prostituting boldly right in front of an imposing sacred structure like Assumpta Cathedral.

Analysts say the government seems not to be bothered about the situation in the area since it has refused to ban all the motor parks at the control post.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cooltone: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
oneeast:
Let this war be fought once and for once..abagworo I am here! I have said it that we are not the same people with you prostitutes but you keep forcing yourself on us. Is it by force to be nwanne??
Bros go and help yourself, see a psychiatrist before weekend. Very important.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b]In Owerri today, this act of sex-peddling has proven to be a chronic societal ill, flowing undeterred, gradually becoming a norm among our beautiful young girls, and like a virus, it is gradually percolating its tentacles un-relentlessly around the town. The situation has become so worrisome and it isn’t a rare sight to find our young girls on a daily basis frolicking and hovering at nights around hotel lobbies, guest houses, club houses or even beer palours as sex peddlers, seeking for interested ‘patrons’ to ‘trade’ their bodies with for money. The situation has become even more dire and pathetic as some greedy hoteliers and club owners within the town, in the bid to spun more money for themselves, open up their fun gates to every Tom, Dick and Harry, ignoring the minimum world accepted age exclusively accorded to adults only (18+), simply to satisfy their insatiable love for money at the expense of the eventual victims. Even with the gory tales of ritual killings and manipulations, unwanted pregnancies, and the increasing wave of sexually transmitted infections which befall some of these unlucky victims involved, the status-quo surprisingly still remains the same.[/b]

Quite disheartening to know also that some marriages and relationships break up as a result of the condescending attachment of supposedly married men to these young ladies of easy virtue who in turn make use of material benefits gotten from these men to graciously complement whatever they must have mustered through the same ill means.

But, where did we go wrong, and how did we end up in this sorry state? Must pre-marital sex become a fad among these youngsters not just in Imo state alone but Nigeria as a whole? Why has prostitution eaten so deep in Owerri, the Imo state capital, and where lies the future of these ladies of easy virtues? How hard is the government of Imo state fighting the scourge, and to what extent? Are there binding laws and punishments ruling against the menace and the perpetrators of the act? All these questions should abound in the hearts of well-meaning Imolites who are fed up and determined to turn around this unwarranted development for the better, for the sake of proffering lasting solutions necessary to restore dignity back to the Eastern Heartland. While trying to curb this sorry situation, there is the utmost need to retrace our steps back to the basis, which is the home, as this platform provides the first and direct link between these young ladies and the outside world. The family institution needs to be re-invigorated. If parents were at home performing their parental responsibilities, their daughters would probably not have taken to the streets to prostitute or make cheap their bodies to just any stranger. ‘Poverty,’ a common excuse, should never be a reason to commit such a degrading act, instead adequate efforts ought to be channeled by guardians and parents towards sensitizing their wards on the dangers and life threatening consequences linked to indulging in such an unholy duel.

This is also a wakeup call for the state government, as stringent rules and stiff modalities need to be set up to see to the close monitoring of such activities in the town in order to curb its widespread encroachment. Stiff penalties should be enforced on men who patronize these ladies, while persons trading directly or indirectly in prostitution should be arrested and prosecuted instantly to serve as a deterrent to other intending individuals. Public awareness/ Rehabilitation programs also need to be set up in the state not only to equip our young ladies on the negative effects of indulging in prostitution, but also to help those already in the act have a positive turn-around, either engaging themselves in respectable businesses or concentrating more on acquiring serious education to make a better future for themselves.
Dear Imolites, Prostitution has never been in our culture, and as such shouldn’t be tolerated in any form. Imo state possesses an enviable rich cultural heritage which includes living a chaste life and according utmost respect for the body. The truth must be told, and the time to revolt against this disturbing issue is now. Let’s heed to the clarion call and join hands in fighting prostitution in our land to a standstill. Imo must be better!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Of course, the madness will be unleash here. cheesy

cooltone:

Bros go and help yourself, see a psychiatrist before weekend. Very important.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
Once you hit the ground, you will feel the vibe of Owerri, the capital of Imo State. The city is warm, with many things to keep visitors engaged. Known for its robust hospitality industry, Owerri is the destination of fun seekers. Visitors to Owerri will always have fond memories of the city as well as the longing to return. They will remember that most of the fine restaurants, hotels and fun spots are places to be in the night.

They know that Owerri has its fair share of nightclubs. While some of the clubs operate on their own, others are built inside hotels. Those who lodge in the hotels that operate nightclubs are admitted free, upon showing their room keys. Others pay gate fee. Expectedly, going by the active nightlife in the city, Owerri is brimming with prostitutes. Investigations revealed that commercial sex workers flock around popular hotels and fun spots, looking for men to hook.

Most of these sex workers are students in tertiary institutions in the state and neighbouring states. In the day, these students appear somewhat respectable on campus, but at night they wear a different cap. By their dressing you shall know them. They appear in low waist trousers, short gowns/micro mini skirts, midriff and bosoms revealing tops and patrol premises of hotels with nightclubs.

One of the commercial sex workers told Saturday Sun, at the Rappour Hotel nightclub, that she comes around to earn money and take care of herself and siblings. Ijeoma, as she called herself, said: “I come to the club about three times a week to catch some fun, but nothing goes for nothing.”

Mr. Livinus Manukwem, an Owerri based businessman, the situation could not have been otherwise, every factor considered. “The sheer number of tertiary institutions in and around Owerri naturally creates the environment for people to indulge. I think there are more higher institutions in Owerri than in any other town in the country. Those setting up such facilities in Owerri are smart business people, taking advantage of the environment or situation. It is just like locating an industry where the raw materials for production abound,” he argued.

Open sex club One of the nightclubs offering “special services” is located unobtrusively off All Seasons Road, New Owerri. The club begins business from about 8pm. However, activities reach fever pitch from 10pm and continue till the wee hours.

This hangout is a white bungalow that hardly gives itself away. It looks like the regular club inside but without heavy décor and neon lights at the entrance. The regular dance hall is always almost empty, making one wonder how they manage to stay afloat. But if you wait long enough, you will notice young and middle aged men strolling into a passage on the left side of the dance hall. And that is where the real action is.

To go past barrel-chested bouncers manning an inner door, you must pay a gate fee of N1,000. There is an adjoining room also and both have something in common: Wild sexual obscenity.

The rooms are not well illuminated but bright enough for you to see what is being offered. Once you step in, the sight that greets you is that of a number of Unclad girls or at various stages of Unclothedness. The girls in bra and pants soon shed every piece of clothing, as the show gathers momentum.

The nightclub parades these girls in appreciable number. Unlike some strip bars where only a handful of girls entertain, this nightclub has them many. And they come in various sizes and shapes: slim, flat, tall, short, fair, dark. Again, unlike most Unclad clubs, where go-go girls exhibit their stuff on a platform, in this fun spot the girls offer more or less personal service. They move from one patron to another, showing the stuff they are made off.

Saturday Sun was at the nightclub recently. As soon as the reporter and two of his friends sauntered in, Unclad girls began to hover around them. About 12 of them were inside the room. Some were smoking cigarettes and drinking can beer, which is sold for N500 each.

Others were rocking to the pulsating music blasting from the speakers. They were making explicit sex remarks and gestures to the men, even as some playfully squeezed one another’s buttocks and bosoms, like lesbians.

Shortly after the reporter walked in, Flavour’s monster hit, Ashawo, began to play. The tempo of the music seemed to energize the dancers and they did exotic dance steps and got wilder.

In corners, some of the girls were engaged in lap dance with men, who grabbed the opportunity with both hands, kissing, sucking bosoms and caressing the lower region of the girls. The mischievous guys were inserting naira notes in between the thighs of the girls. As the guys titillated their bosoms, they squeezed the hard-on of their partners even as they asked to be “appreciated.” In this nightclub, to be “appreciated” is euphemism for “I need some money.”

The inner room is a shade darker and sleazier. There, the patrons and the girls get more intimate, engaging in all manner of sexual acts. Some of the strip dancers were sitting astride men even as others were caressing themselves. One of the girls, who gave her name as Marbel, said that for N2,000 she would engage in MouthAction with a man in the dark hall. It was gathered that a patron could also take any of the girls out for the night, for an agreed sum. The price depends on the time, desperation of the girl and bargaining power of the patron, but it could be anything between N5,000 and N10,000.

Private parties It was also learnt that the strip dancers equally entertain at private or house parties. According to one of the girls, who identified herself as Maureen, “If guys want to be entertained in a private apartment or hotel room, the girls would be willing. The price tag is N5,000 per girl for an outing of between four and five hours.”

She said: “You can have sex with a girl at the house party, but it is a personal thing. Of course, if you make a good offer a girl will not refuse it. It is a matter of cash.” She further said that if given at least two days notice, she can arrange for up to 30 girls for such special outing. She further said that payment must be made before the girls begin to drop their pants Dark, slim Maureen, who described herself as a professional dancer, sees nothing wrong with strip dancing. “It is like every other profession.

I personally like to dance and if I strip while dancing, what is the big deal? On the issue of sex, everybody is doing it. Female bankers do have sex; medical doctors have sex; actresses have sex; teachers have sex; lawmakers and ministers have sex. In fact, every person is having sex with the people they like or under whatever arrangement. It’s just that people pretend a lot. Some civil servants have sex with more men in a week than strip dancers,” she said.

An insider told Saturday Sun: “Some of the strip dancers are students and they pay their bills with the money they make. But all the dancers are not students. Some of the girls come from poor homes, so they use what they make at the bar to take care of themselves and families. Single mothers and young widows are also among them.

It was also gathered that more girls are coming to the club almost on daily basis seeking to be registered as strippers. One of the requirements is that the girls must be 18 years and above.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yeske2(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chino, ogini ne medi gi? O na ifele anara eme gi?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
In this case ifele anago far back nwanne. Just leave this matter for me..

Yeske2:
Chino, ogini ne medi gi? O na ifele anara eme gi?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yeske2(m): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
I give up finally on you Chino.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
Roads in Owerre.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Here is the pictures of the ugly old man called abagworo. He is jobless and unmarried at age 40. He is still living with his old sick mother,

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Road leading to Mbaise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.