Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Domestic Violence And Relationships - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Domestic Violence And Relationships (11427 Views)

How To Manage Domestic Violence In A Relationship / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
lalabrown:

Yes.... With my EX!!
There is nothing quite so bad as when the person who claims he love you starts to hurt you....then tells you he loves you again...then hurts you..it destroys your soul, your heart, your mind..you become a shadow...
I escaped from hell,when i was pregnant with my adorable son 11years ago it took me 5 years to find out who I was again and regain some form of self respect,and heal from the classic hitting, slapping, punching, chocking that happens,but the verbal and mental abuse that's tears me down.l finally woke up one day after getting beat because he had gotten a ticket for for reckless driving. ( Like I was there to prevent his behavior)I have my unborn child to put first and him last. I can't say he was a great Dad, because he was never there.;( That was the first day of the rest of my life, the day I took control and say goodbye,What a great feeling.
If anyone here is going through it..please find help and leave, it's hard, but the right thing to do..don't let some other person destroy your right to be happy.
Love & Light

Awwwwwww. You have inspired many women who may be going through it and are online reading this post. Congratulations and you did it! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

Anyone.

I like your name....it means first born in Igbo. wink
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by dBard: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
isn't dat rihanna ? looks suspiciously like her
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
dBard: isn't dat rihanna ? looks suspiciously like her

It is. I couldn't post the real picture of the said person to protect her privacy. wink Trust me she looks like that at times and it is scary.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ramcie: @OP it's nice you are concerned about your friend but one thing we should know is that 99% of abuses among married couples have been happening right from the dating period. I knw of several women who had abusive boyfriends but still went ahead to marry the same men who beat them black and blue. Do you now expect me to feel pity for such women The truth is, a man has no reason whatsoever to beat up his wife or girlfriend. Am a woman also but I would say the truth we women have a lot to do to stop this menace. when we love, we over love and we also over pity just because the guy would come back begging and probably in tears they would take him back. Women should learn to let go of abusive men. I know of many ladies who can't bear to see a man cry. Can you imagine

Yes, I can imagine.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Dipwater(m): 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
@mrs chima long time me no hear 4rm u.
@topic the abused woman needs ur help ,do whateva u can to save a soul. That nigga most def needs a slug in his anus for totally disrespecting a woman like that
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by navygrl: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
If your partner abuses you physically, sexually, or emotionaly leave. Don't think don't question leave. If your partner threatens to kill you if you leave, plan your escape carefully. Women are less likely to leave an abuser without outside help. And without that outside help are more likely to be killed in the attempt to leave. Your husband and those like him are what's wrong in the world today. They stand by and watch people beaten to death and do nothing cause its none of their business. This only encourages abusers. Domestic violence is EVERYONES business!
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dipwater: @mrs chima long time me no hear 4rm u.
@topic the abused woman needs ur help ,do whateva u can to save a soul. That nigga most def needs a slug in his anus for totally disrespecting a woman like that

I dey wella wella....how far na?

I am trying but at the same time I have to do it where it doesn't upset my husband...it is hard to tell a woman that think as long as she covers herself with makeup everything is fine.

I can only offer and I am waiting on him to slip so I can get evidence of him beating her. So far no luck. SIghs. I have a feeling I will be at her funeral soon. cry cry cry
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
afam4eva: We should stop this believe that women are always the victims in domestic violence. It's not just about physical violence but also about emotional traumaa that some women put men through which inspires some men to go on the offensive. It's a to way street.

No mind dem. Go check any woman who is physically abused by her partner. If such a woman is given to you free of charge, no man will accept her for sake of her bad character.

Am talking from examples. A woman who would starve her husband of food. A woman who would starve her husband of S3x. A woman who would raise her voice on her man even in public places. What a shame.

Some female behaviours are unimaginable. There was this female banker that even insults her husband inside her office the little time her husband spends visiting her. Mtscheew, the man no get muscle.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Xionez(m): 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima, I, personally, would like to know the character or personality of the woman in distress?

I find it suprising as well as disturbing that her own SON would threaten to harm her, his OWN MOTHER. For what reason?
What has she done to deserve such hate?.
What is the attitude of the daughters towards their mum?.

Its hidden problems like this that makes one jump into wrong conclusions. Mind you, I'm not siding the husband neither am I siding the wife.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
Once you discover you are in a relationship that often tends to go physical, quit before it gets into marraige. The man or woman could be the bad egg there.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by dontador(m): 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
This is a very serious case. For me in particular, i don't like it when a women is being abused.
A man in his right senses won't abuse a woman for nothing.
@op we need to know the character of the lady in question. How she treats her man? Even the son also abuses the mother. Something is wrong about the lady in question.
@op enlighten us more about her attitude.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Dipwater(m): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
@mrs chima long time me no hear 4rm u.

In nigeria beating is very common , maybe its an african thing and the girls don't see it as an abuse ,they think its cuz he luvs them. Seriously in evri 20 women that that I have met its only 1 that has not been abused. A lot of Pipu around me have this mentality of heating their women weneva their women gets them angry. Our women have conformed to the idea and they don't see it as abuse

True life story: I wus dating this girl then. She wus very rude and disrespectful. After managing her for a while. I decided to quit ,only for her to show up one day with tears on her eyes crying that I broke her hart,I thot it wus a joke. But later confirmed. She said she prefered beating to breaking up,that as luvers we can have misunderstanding and seetle it withuot breaking up. And I wus like whaaaaat the f/uck
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
dontador: This is a very serious case. For me in particular, i don't like it when a women is being abused.
A man in his right senses won't abuse a woman for nothing.
@op we need to know the character of the lady in question. How she treats her man? Even the son also abuses the mother. Something is wrong about the lady in question.
@op enlighten us more about her attitude.

You do not need a reason to beat someone...if a woman smile and her husband smack her....is that her fault because she smiled? Now you see how stup!d that sound?

She is a good wife and mother. She treats her husband like he is pure gold and that is the problem in my opinion however for the son...the son is imitating what he see his father do. If she was a terrible mother then ALL of her children would attack her not just the son.

Think about it.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dipwater: @mrs chima long time me no hear 4rm u.

In nigeria beating is very common , maybe its an african thing and the girls don't see it as an abuse ,they think its cuz he luvs them. Seriously in evri 20 women that that I have met its only 1 that has not been abused. A lot of Pipu around me have this mentality of heating their women weneva their women gets them angry. Our women have conformed to the idea and they don't see it as abuse

True life story: I wus dating this girl then. She wus very rude and disrespectful. After managing her for a while. I decided to quit ,only for her to show up one day with tears on her eyes crying that I broke her hart,I thot it wus a joke. But later confirmed. She said she prefered beating to breaking up,that as luvers we can have misunderstanding and seetle it withuot breaking up. And I wus like whaaaaat the f/uck

Dipwater....my friend and her partner is not African and both of them are Americans.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 11:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Xionez: Mrs.Chima, I, personally, would like to know the character or personality of the woman in distress?

I find it suprising as well as disturbing that her own SON would threaten to harm her, his OWN MOTHER. For what reason?
What has she done to deserve such hate?.
What is the attitude of the daughters towards their mum?.

Its hidden problems like this that makes one jump into wrong conclusions. Mind you, I'm not siding the husband neither am I siding the wife.

Surprising the girls react to their mother different than the son. They seems to be more protective of her than the son which confuses me. She do not deserve to be beaten to a pulp and I am sure she have sense enough not to hit her partner. The guy is abusive and crazy and I have always told her to be careful because when we first met he asked my husband how to he control me. My husband checked him and said never ask me anything personal about me or my wife. That is our business.

I asked my friend later why did her partner asked my husband such question and she said that her partner thinks I am too "free" and need to be control because I am too smart and outspoken.

I responded back just like this...... I told her to be careful and that fool is crazy. Weeks later I saw bruises on her face under her makeup. She is light in complexion so bruises are visible even with makeup.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

No mind dem. Go check any woman who is physically abused by her partner. If such a woman is given to you free of charge, no man will accept her for sake of her bad character.

Am talking from examples. A woman who would starve her husband of food. A woman who would starve her husband of S3x. A woman who would raise her voice on her man even in public places. What a shame.

Some female behaviours are unimaginable. There was this female banker that even insults her husband inside her office the little time her husband spends visiting her. Mtscheew, the man no get muscle.

What you just described is entirely different then what this thread is about. This thread is NOT ABOUT TYPICAL IGNANT WOMEN OR MEN BEHAVIOR....it is about domestic violence between men and women.

If your woman did all the things you mentioned above then YOU ARE STUP!D for staying with her and beating her will NOT CHANGE HER ATTITUDE.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by dontador(m): 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You do not need a reason to beat someone...if a woman smile and her husband smack her....is that her fault because she smiled? Now you see how stup!d that sound?

She is a good wife and mother. She treats her husband like he is pure gold and that is the problem in my opinion however for the son...the son is imitating what he see his father do. If she was a terrible mother then ALL of her children would attack her not just the son.

Think about it.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by dontador(m): 12:07am On Sep 27, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Think about it.
So, the man smacks her for nothing?
Mehn!! If i were to witness that kind of thing being done to a woman. I will try to talk with the abuser, try to talk him out of what he is doing to the woman. But, you know some men don't like to be advised on anything concerning how he runs his family.
So, if the man were to be that kind of person that won't listen to any advise, i will just back-off and let him be. It's his wife, so i have no right to tell him how to handle her.
On the other hand, since the son now imitates his father in abusing the mother. I will advise her to leave the marriage. Because, they might one day beat her to death.
Ps: @op since your husband told you not to interfere with what is happening. I suggest you listen to him. Don't put your family in chaos because of another woman's problems. I know how you feel about how your friend is being abused. ”Humans are emotional in nature“. You should not let your emotions take over you. ACT WISE.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Ama28(f): 1:11am On Sep 27, 2012
One thing I have noticed that is quite familiar about women in abusive relationship is the feeling that their life depends on such and thats where people like you and I comes in Mrs Chima.

These men first breakdown their spirit and self esteem before going physical.
I have lost a lot of people in violence relationship that most times, I rebuff warning signs of "no go area".

A close friend had this issue and I had the opportunity to talk to the husband on a one on one (even though my hubby said no). I just made sure I wasn't the one that initiated the discussion because my hubby said I should stay out. After giving the man a piece of my mind, which got through his abusive thick skull, maybe he went home thinking. The abuse stopped for a while and I encouraged the wife to make smart changes at that interim (she got a juicy job out of town and moved with the kids) he had his space to think. But I lost my friendship with the man and he won't even come near my hubby. Who gives a heck? The girlfriend and her kids are happy!

So am HAPPY!!!
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 1:56am On Sep 27, 2012
dontador: So, the man smacks her for nothing?
Mehn!! If i were to witness that kind of thing being done to a woman. I will try to talk with the abuser, try to talk him out of what he is doing to the woman. But, you know some men don't like to be advised on anything concerning how he runs his family.
So, if the man were to be that kind of person that won't listen to any advise, i will just back-off and let him be. It's his wife, so i have no right to tell him how to handle her.
On the other hand, since the son now imitates his father in abusing the mother. I will advise her to leave the marriage. Because, they might one day beat her to death.
Ps: @op since your husband told you not to interfere with what is happening. I suggest you listen to him. Don't put your family in chaos because of another woman's problems. I know how you feel about how your friend is being abused. ”Humans are emotional in nature“. You should not let your emotions take over you. ACT WISE.

Maybe she acts different behind closed doors but when she is out with people and her children she is a loving person. She is very quiet in nature and she is not outspoken like me. So I can't imagine her yelling and acting crazy behind closed doors but she have told me some incidents where she was watching tv and he took the remote from her. She just moved to another room and watched tv. He would follow her and do the same thing.

Someone said that before marriage.. some women are abused and that may be true but in her case...he was a knight in shining armor until she moved from her hometown to his hometown (in the same region I am) and things changed after the kids gotten older. She also told me that her last child (the girl) wasn't planned and he didn't want the girl but she went ahead with the pregnancy.

Part of me think that he wanted all boys because he treats his son better than his girls from what I saw then again I could have misread the actions because I do not spend many hours in their home for I am always with my own family. I try to invite the kids over as much as I can so the kids can get away from that environment but I had to reduce after hearing my husband fuss about getting in their business.

So it is difficult to do it when your own spouse is telling you not to get involve but at the same time I can't sit here knowing my friend is getting her arse beat. It is like sitting in the living room knowing the kitchen is on fire. undecided
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by MrsChima(f): 1:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Ama28: One thing I have noticed that is quite familiar about women in abusive relationship is the feeling that their life depends on such and thats where people like you and I comes in Mrs Chima.

These men first breakdown their spirit and self esteem before going physical.
I have lost a lot of people in violence relationship that most times, I rebuff warning signs of "no go area".

A close friend had this issue and I had the opportunity to talk to the husband on a one on one (even though my hubby said no). I just made sure I wasn't the one that initiated the discussion because my hubby said I should stay out. After giving the man a piece of my mind, which got through his abusive thick skull, maybe he went home thinking. The abuse stopped for a while and I encouraged the wife to make smart changes at that interim (she got a juicy job out of town and moved with the kids) he had his space to think. But I lost my friendship with the man and he won't even come near my hubby. Who gives a heck? The girlfriend and her kids are happy!

So am HAPPY!!!

[size=33pt]Yay!! [/size] Great testimony! I hope other women are inspired by this and do the same! Thank you! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by princeonx: 3:43am On Sep 27, 2012
Hitting a spouse is never a step to solving marriage issues/problem! Mrs Chima, if you can't help someone or a couple fix their problem or marriage then make yours better by at least listening to your husband! stay out of it! You're helping or advising based on what your friend told you, have you heard his own side? You as example, your husband said one thing, you did another! When problem start you will put all blame on him while you caused the whole thing! Let me put it like my grandfather, if your mission or visit there is not to make peace, then let them be and go with your "marriage know all" secret.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by adaphic: 3:51am On Sep 27, 2012
HMMM....
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by free2ryhme: 7:16am On Sep 27, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Have you ever been in a domestic violence relationship and if so, how did you remove yourself from it? Have you ever helped someone remove themselves from an abusive relationship? What are your thoughts on domestic violence in marriage or dating?

I have recently encouraged a friend of mine to leave her abusive partner because she would always cover herself with make up and hoodies. I told my husband about this situation and he suggested that I remove myself from the equation and we got into an argument because I felt like he was supporting the abuser.

My husband said that he does not want his wife involve in something that has nothing to do with me and he will hurt a mofo if harm come my way. In some way, I am touched but still mad at him because I feel like if it was his sisters or mother...he would be like Boko Haram with atomic bombs. Why is it when it is someone that is not family...men will turn their heads?

My friend won't press charges and I am afraid for her children. She has two girls and one boy. She shared with me that her son is imitating the abuser by threatening to kill her and she need to sleep with one eye open. That bothers me because I know if she doesn't get out...she will be in a body bag.

I have successfully helped women get out of abusive relationship because their families were involved but she has not family that live in our region. She moved from her hometown to be with her partner and I was introduced to her by a survivor. This is exactly what she looks like and it is no lie.

How can a woman or man get out of an abusive relationship and do you think it is easy to do so even with a sure way out?

Mrs Chima I like your challenge and the attitude you have displayed in helping out a fellow mother like yourself... The truth is if she continues in the relationship she might end up in a body bag as you've rightly mentioned. She has to stand up and fight for her freedom and dignity. Your role as an only confidant is vital it even can determine life and death in this situation. I am a man and I wont support domestic violence or relationship
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by free2ryhme: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2012
There are women who stay in marriages/relationships where they get battered, punched and kicked everyday because they've been told if they leave their husband or get divorced they will go to hell but I believe people shld stop and do a rethink because it might be wiser if she leaves temporarily and if no change at all she shld severe the relationship ... There is nothing wrong in saying NO. In fact you should start by saying NO. There is nothing wrong or nothing to be ashamed of if you start your life all over again. If your happiness is what matters and you need happiness to thrive and succeed then why not?
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by mercurie(f): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2012
jhydebaba: You don't need to get out of domestic violence, its for better for worse sister.
What do u mean by that? Can u give ur sister dis advice or u can stand and watch ur Father beat ur mother
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by DeBlunt: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2012
I was so glad when I saw this topic, cos I just broke up with my girl few days ago cos of physical abuse suprisingly am the victim here and the guy.

She physically abused me six times in our one year relationship and eachtime I had serious injuries and bruises. She would always cry and plead after each incident. She was so jealous and insecure.

Now many would ask why did I let her get away with it? Well I wasn't brought up to hit a woman, my dad never did and he even made me put my sisters first when growing up. The first time my dad hit me was when I fought my sister at the age of ten. Secondly I couldn't imagine inflicting harm on someone I really cared about. But my ex had the fiercest anger I've only seen in few men, her anger and the power with which she hits is simply unimaginable. I almost lost a finger to her few weeks ago when she attacked me, as I tried to defend myself, my finger mistakenly ended up in her mouth and she almost bit it off with her teeth. It was horrible.

I thought she would outgrow her jealosy and insecurity but she didn't, she just needed another excuse to attack me.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by SAFO(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Mrs chima there's really not much you can do. It's good your friend has you in her corner to confide in but if she's not willing to leave all you can really do is be there for her when she needs you. I also agree with your husband, you have no dog in this fight and as much as you may want to intervene, you'll probably only end up doing more harm to her than good. Especially if she's one of those types of women that breaks up and makes up all the time. One minute she might loathe him and then the next week she'll be in his corner resenting you.

No, just do your beat to be her friend, that's all you can really do.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

What you just described is entirely different then what this thread is about. This thread is NOT ABOUT TYPICAL IGNANT WOMEN OR MEN BEHAVIOR....it is about domestic violence between men and women.

If your woman did all the things you mentioned above then YOU ARE STUP!D for staying with her and beating her will NOT CHANGE HER ATTITUDE.

Madam, am not married. Can you send me your sister

Am too clean to experience such. Okay
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2012
De~Blunt:
I was so glad when I saw this topic, cos I just broke up with my girl few days ago cos of physical abuse suprisingly am the victim here and the guy.

She physically abused me six times in our one year relationship and eachtime I had serious injuries and bruises. She would always cry and plead after each incident. She was so jealous and insecure.

Now many would ask why did I let her get away with it? Well I wasn't brought up to hit a woman, my dad never did and he even made me put my sisters first when growing up. The first time my dad hit me was when I fought my sister at the age of ten. Secondly I couldn't imagine inflicting harm on someone I really cared about. But my ex had the fiercest anger I've only seen in few men, her anger and the power with which she hits is simply unimaginable. I almost lost a finger to her few weeks ago when she attacked me, as I tried to defend myself, my finger mistakenly ended up in her mouth and she almost bit it off with her teeth. It was horrible.

I thought she would outgrow her jealosy and insecurity but she didn't, she just needed another excuse to attack me.

Tell Mrs. Chima that such women as your Ex. exist. The girl had such courage to molest you because you never fought back. Now imagine a man who loses his cool when that demon in your Ex. stirs her. Mrs. Chima will turn to blame you for hitting ur Ex. In defense.
Re: Domestic Violence And Relationships by okekwumusa: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2012
Are you the one that marry your husband, look at they way you were talking to him concerning another persons matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HOW MANY NAIRALAND GIRLS CAN SAY AMEN TO THIS? / WOW!!! Could She Be The Lagos Instagram Girl For The Week?, See Her Endowment / They Call Him The Sexiest Nigerian Man Alive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.