Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue (30578 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / The Flood Of Yorubas Making Igbo Accounts And Articles / Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by mukina2: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by asha80(m): 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
i wonder if this flood affected Oguta undecided.can abagworo help me out?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by kayClt(f): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
God have mercy,dis really luks terrible cry
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
So the Enugu bridge collapse is now part of he markurdi flood abi? Hopeless lies!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vascey(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lord Have Mercy! How did this happen?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lokoja is worse.. Drivers now have to settle boys with 2k to help move vehicles. . .The situation is so bad..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by patholaw: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Its worse dan dat in d pix oh...cuz am in makurdi now. Water chased pple 4rm their houzes 4rm gboko road down 2 wadata...covered most of d houzes.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by adonisyung(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Who should we blame now? Gej I guess?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by jeolaxiez(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
truly dis is terribl. hv neva experienced dis truout ma 30 yrs in mkd. dis is a wakeup call for our govt to dredge d river benue and legislate over d damaging effects of lake nyos in cameroon.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by k2039: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=14pt]almost touching the roof[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Ramcie(f): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
adonisyung: Who should we blame now? Gej I guess?
No Patience for going to rest in Germany and abandoning the Nation when it needed her the most.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by evatee(m): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Things are gettin bad in naija everydai......only God can help us all. This shows dat end time is around the corner!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vanstanzy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nigeria really needs a much better drainage system. Dont get me wrong, this too does happen in developed countries with superb drains, and having a better drainage system will not entirely rule out flooding but will minimize the devastating effect. Our people also need to be educated, cos most of us don't even know the importance of a good and unclogged drain. Failure to do these and more, and we'll just be going round in circles. My honest 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by GCRS87: 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Eya really feeling for the victims. May God help dem out in dis situation. Bt d ting is dat som of d people affectd were warned to vacate dia hosues bc of d flood bt dey rfused.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by patholaw: 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
I was passing by d teaching hospital 2day and i saw dat water has brought down d fence 4rm d back nd d water have started entering...even d zoo in d university (BSU), parts have been taking over...
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Emary(f): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
Chai! The poor people. I've been seeing flooding but this looks like a hurricane scene. All their possessions must be damaged and they are all at very high risk of waterborne diseases and other infections. Too bad. I wonder what relief efforts have been put in place.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
GOD SAVE MY PPLE
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vanstanzy(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
acidosis™:
Lokoja is worse.. Drivers now have to settle boys with 2k to help move vehicles. . .The situation is so bad..

Yeah its well known, but trust Naija peops always taking advantage of all situations to make fast cash.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by elari(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
josh4ever: So the Enugu bridge collapse is now part of he markurdi flood abi? Hopeless lies!
. . . Who the f is dis calling a confirmed news hopeless lies. Gawdammit! D situation is worse, propelled by a leakage 4rm a cameroun dam. The popular benue links park is submerged in water, wadata area is flooded. Hippos, crocs, and different species of fishes everywhere.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by adonisyung(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ramcie: No Patience for going to rest in Germany and abandoning the Nation when it needed her the most.
lol....we are our own problem...G̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅ to some areas D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ still throw bins on drainages S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ can find blame wen it all goes wrong
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ayobase(m): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
acidosis™:

Heard that clueless David Mark saying that they were not prepared for this when they have been fore-warned months ago that coastal states are gonna be affected with HEAVY flood....can u imagine those fools...what step did they take to have tackled the pending flood...goats.
The government shld suspend any projects (recruitment of dogs to tackle boko haram) and tackle this presssing matter....goats....can u imagine the state of Lokoja....pple being there for three days!
Goats.....why u no kuku sack the minister of info....wawa....no priority!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by asha80(m): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
elari: . . . Who the f is dis calling a confirmed news hopeless lies. Gawdammit! D situation is worse, propelled by a leakage 4rm a cameroun dam. The popular benue links park is submerged in water, wadata area is flooded. Hippos, crocs, and different species of fishes everywhere.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by tollu: 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is REALLY bad. I never gave it much thought until now. A picture really does say a thousand words.

What relief efforts are in place? Does anyone know?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ayobase(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
vanstanzy: Nigeria really needs a much better drainage system. Dont get me wrong, this too does happen in developed countries with superb drains, and having a better drainage system will not entirely rule out flooding but will minimize the devastating effect. Our people also need to be educated, cos most of us don't even know the importance of a good and unclogged drain. Failure to do these and more, and we'll just be going round in circles. My honest 2 cents.

Of course, but what did these goats plan doing or do when they were fore-warned by NEMA months ago....NOTHING....apart from Fashola!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Ramcie(f): 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
adonisyung: lol....we are our own problem...G̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅ to some areas D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ still throw bins on drainages S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ can find blame wen it all goes wrong
you are correct. The problem of Nigeria is created by Nigerians . Irrespective of those in power, we are who we are very lawless people. Always expecting the government to Do everything for us without us doing our quota. Till we learn to discipline ourselves, all this would continue. Where i stay presently, drainages were actually created and quite deep ones for that matter but what people living around here do is that, they pour the refuse into the drainage now the drainages are filled up to the brim. Just imagine what would happen if the whole place becomes flooded.. U can just imagine!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Royalty1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is really bad. But I doubt if the Govt is to blame. This is a natural disaster and no govt can stop Such. The only Responsibilty of the government is to manage the crisis and provide adequate and immediate help to the people. NEMA, work don land o!
God, please help and protect your Children.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
I was once enlightened that there are three things one should learn and know how to do in this 21st century we are in :
1. Drive a car
2. Operate a computer
3. Know how to swim

At least 70'/, of the Earth is water

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Kslib(m): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
God save your chilren oh..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by suskumayaya(m): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is terrible. No wonder the Senate is urging President GEJ to submit a supplementary budget that would address the immediate needs of victims of flooding in
parts of the country.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
elari: . . . Who the f is dis calling a confirmed news hopeless lies. Gawdammit! D situation is worse, propelled by a leakage 4rm a cameroun dam. The popular benue links park is submerged in water, wadata area is flooded. Hippos, crocs, and different species of fishes everywhere.

Don't be stupid! How did the pics of the abakpa bridge collapse become a markurdi flood pic? Before u exposé your persistent cerebral palsy, confirm your facts! I've been on the news more times and longer than your sorry self!

The poster should give us REAL pics of the markurdi flood and stop recycling pics of other disasters!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by francis4real(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
one animal said Gej should b blamed 4 dis, why some cowards dislike him so much. forgeting dat God use GEJ 2 unit dis country, if God did not use Gej 2 unite did country by now Book boys & their leaders might hav take over dis country. he only spend less than 2 years.Buari, Ibb, abdusalam, Abacha, yaradua, Atiku, & others where busy stealing our wealth Guys b wise. the question is y can't they do this when they are on power ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Presents To Dino Melaye, Kwararafa Reporters' Man Of The Year Award / Obama Praises Buhari At Nuclear Summit In Washington / Photos from the signing of second National peace Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.