Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue (30602 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / The Flood Of Yorubas Making Igbo Accounts And Articles / Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by adonisyung(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ramcie: you are correct. The problem of Nigeria is created by Nigerians . Irrespective of those in power, we are who we are very lawless people. Always expecting the government to Do everything for us without us doing our quota. Till we learn to discipline ourselves, all this would continue. Where i stay presently, drainages were actually created and quite deep ones for that matter but what people living around here do is that, they pour the refuse into the drainage now the drainages are filled up to the brim. Just imagine what would happen if the whole place becomes flooded.. U can just imagine!
kudos tO you!for once I see æ write up of sincerity...if human can do things right,I bet U̶̲̥̅̊!earth will ß heaven!...but what we forget to know ƻ dat we all are d govt! S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ as U̶̲̥̅̊ lay ƔΦU̶̲̥̅̊r bed S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ U̶̲̥̅̊ lie on it!word!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by shewanna: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
Akpehe peeps,hope it didn't get to your side oo. Oh my Benue!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by shewanna: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
Akpehe peeps,hope it didn't get to your side oo. Oh my Benue! Suswam, please start acting like Fashola...
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by elari(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
tollu: This is REALLY bad. I never gave it much thought until now. A picture really does say a thousand words.

What relief efforts are in place? Does anyone know?
. . The govt made some camps available to displaced persons. Esp. Govt owned primary and sec.schs around the area.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by amaamaefula: 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
God wl answer his people one day and He wl dash our leaders one terrible sickness each for their bad rules
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by plendil: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
patholaw: Its worse dan dat in d pix oh...cuz am in makurdi now. Water chased pple 4rm their houzes 4rm gboko road down 2 wadata...covered most of d houzes.

really? which part of Gboko road exactly? the last time i was there, wuruku and environs had been partially submerged but wadata was still ok.

I just hope the bridge has not been affected.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by elari(m): 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
josh4ever:

Don't be stupid! How did the pics of the abakpa bridge collapse become a markurdi flood pic? Before u exposé your persistent cerebral palsy, confirm your facts! I've been on the news more times and longer than your sorry self!

The poster should give us REAL pics of the markurdi flood and stop recycling pics of other disasters!
. . . Guy, u need help. Apart 4rm d pic of a car, most are house around gyado villa area.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wahala dey o! River Niger and River Benue dey show their skills abi? It is well!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by efemty: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Na waoo...hope say e no kill anybody because this one na human pond no be fish pond....na waooo
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by elampiro(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
Math 24:7-9 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

My people, see with eyes of faith these are part of end time events. These things are happening all lover the world. When you consider the economy situation of the world and conflicts here and there, you will agree that prophecies are now being fulfilled. It has never been like this.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Royalty1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ramcie: you are correct. The problem of Nigeria is created by Nigerians . Irrespective of those in power, we are who we are very lawless people. Always expecting the government to Do everything for us without us doing our quota. Till we learn to discipline ourselves, all this would continue. Where i stay presently, drainages were actually created and quite deep ones for that matter but what people living around here do is that, they pour the refuse into the drainage now the drainages are filled up to the brim. Just imagine what would happen if the whole place becomes flooded.. U can just imagine!

True talk! Just last week it rained in my office and the market women nearby saw it as d perfect opportunity to dump their refuse into the drainages only for the junk to come pile up right at our Doorstep. We had to get waste disposal guy to come clear it up. Some people can be sooooooo dirty.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by whitecaleb2010: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Even here in onitsha we are not saved at all by the flood.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ismhab(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
is there a whale in the river?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Ariyke: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is terrible sad
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by dasparrow: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
@Post

My goodness! This is just terrible. I hope the people affected by this flood get some kind of relief.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by greall1: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
flood happen everyway

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Areaboy2(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
As much as our govt. is seemingly failing us in terms of infrastructure, Such disasters are not out of place the link below will show you a video of the cities in the UK as of yesterday after the miserable rain and unbelievable winds we had yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19710183
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by searay(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
OMG! This is nice. Next
ThREAD CLOSED!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Jyde89: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
eva_tee: Things are gettin bad in naija everydai......only God can help us all. This shows dat end time is around the corner!
all dis tym wey hurricane Cathrina,Rita,Alberto and tsunami de hamer people for we planet, world no end; na ordinary rain touch dem for benue wey you talk say baba God won draw cutain.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Kslib(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
This flood is everywhere oh.. Its strange though..
ismhab: is there a whale in the river?
Look mr man,the concentration of that water alone will render a nuclear bomb useless.. Do you know how many sack of poo,gulder urine,baby pampers and sour garri is in that water? So yes,there is a whale but it is dead..
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ceebo1420(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hope lifes where not lost
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ocee31(m): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
How on earth am i supposed to get to benin from abuja
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by mallorca(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
God have mercy on us
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Amosola93(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
vanstanzy: Nigeria really needs a much better drainage system. Dont get me wrong, this too does happen in developed countries with superb drains, and having a better drainage system will not entirely rule out flooding but will minimize the devastating effect. Our people also need to be educated, cos most of us don't even know the importance of a good and unclogged drain. Failure to do these and more, and we'll just be going round in circles. My honest 2 cents.
strictly advice 4 da government
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Pakavy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
tollu: This is REALLY bad. I never gave it much thought until now. A picture really does say a thousand words.

What relief efforts are in place? Does anyone know?
relief materials in d form of canoes by d state govt.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by plendil: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
ocee31: How on earth am i supposed to get to benin from abuja

You'll probably have to pass thru lafia-makurdi route
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ismhab(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
FLY LIKE BIRD.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Kslib(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
By water na... I didn't mention plane,cos the airport might be flooded before you land.. Airport even link benin and abuja sef?
You have to hurry,cos i heard police are creating a checkpoint btw river benue and benin-abuja expressway...
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vanstanzy(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Royalty1: This is really bad. But I doubt if the Govt is to blame. This is a natural disaster and no govt can stop Such. The only Responsibilty of the government is to manage the crisis and provide adequate and immediate help to the people. NEMA, work don land o!
God, please help and protect your Children.

My Royalty, God will not do for man, what man must& can do for himself. God gave us the initiative to act fast, smart and manage crisis, u can see the example in how effectively and efficiently the civilized world handles its own crisis, but same cannot be said for Nigeria (Africa). God isnt stopping us from being civilized, is He?
Its a natural disaster like u rightly said, but these folks were fore-warned and never acted. What has happened has happened, but are our people willing to learn? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vanstanzy(m): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
ismhab: is there a whale in the river?

Floods like this can render dangerous reptiles homeless, and that alone gets them very aggressive. They attack anything that moves and they see as a threat. No human dares swim in flood water, if they value their lives. The best way to get around is travel by anything they can float in.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by freeman11(m): 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Royalty1: This is really bad. But I doubt if the Govt is to blame. This is a natural disaster and no govt can stop Such. The only Responsibilty of the government is to manage the crisis and provide adequate and immediate help to the people. NEMA, work don land o!
God, please help and protect your Children.

i dont think so... i was talking to a friend who resides in Lokoja, she said there is a rumour of Governor opening dam. we cant be sure but who knows?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Giddison(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wow....... speechless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? / Amaechi Sets The Ball In Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.