Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue (30603 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / The Flood Of Yorubas Making Igbo Accounts And Articles / Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
THE GUY WHO WANTS TO TREK TO MADUGURI, I HOPE HE CAN SWIM TOO
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Kslib(m): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
obadiah777: THE GUY WHO WANTS TO TREK TO MADUGURI, I HOPE HE CAN SWIM TOO
No!! He will walk on the river and change the water to ijebu garri.. Remember jesus said " and greater things shall you do"....
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by toluxa1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thank God for Babangida, he constructed one of the best drainage systems a city can have in Minna, while he was president. I don't see any amount of rain ever that can cause this type of flooding in Minna.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by fennels007(m): 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
May God intervene quickly as this is beyond human control
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by SamMilla1(m): 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
eva_tee: Things are gettin bad in naija everydai......only God can help us all. This shows dat end time is around the corner!

Anu Ofia!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by AkpuNku2: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
where are the pictures ?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by moodswing(m): 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
OMO this no be child's play oo. I am aware that Nimet did make a press release about the possibility of flooding in Nigeria's coastal areas. My question is: Why did the government not digest this information and take appropriate measure to manage the eventuality of it's occurrence?. If the govt. was responsible enough, lives and properties could have been saved.

Do NEMA actually understand what "disaster management" mean at all?. Im sick to my marrows.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Rick9(m): 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
TEAM GARRI: this is very serious
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by chucky234(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Omo dis one don pass flood na,something wey cover house na him una still dey call flood, dis one na mini tsunami joor.
Make God help us ooo,how the people wey dis tsunami displaced go take cope na.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by taharqa: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
JESUS CHRIST!!..ppl(NIGERIANS) are hunting right now in their millions. It is time for this to be probably called a NATIONAL EMERGENCY(Disaster) by the FG, and treated with the Urgency it deserves.

There has got to be a one-stop 'War Room', to co-ordinate the the responses of various tiers of govt and agencies/organization (NEMA, SEMA, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Environment, FRSC, Red Cross, NGOs etc) to the disaster, in each affected state and an overall centre for the entire country.

It is time perhaps to call out the army; and for the president to take the next flight back to Nigeria to in order to LEAD the response.

May God help those affected and make the rains/flood recede.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by killuminati(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
Omo e no eazy Oo shocked
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by obimind(m): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
josh4ever:

Don't be stupid! How did the pics of the abakpa bridge collapse become a markurdi flood pic? Before u exposé your persistent cerebral palsy, confirm your facts! I've been on the news more times and longer than your sorry self!

The poster should give us REAL pics of the markurdi flood and stop recycling pics of other disasters!
For ur information,what the poster delivered here is a real pix of what's on ground cus I stay in Makurdi also. Infact as I speak the situation on ground has gone worst than what he posted here. Goin by the figures posted by reliable sources over 1000 homes hav bn displaced. Infact as at yesterday being Monday many other homes were still displaced by the flood. As it is now,only God can come to the succour of those affected.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
obimind:
For ur information,what the poster delivered here is a real pix of what's on ground cus I stay in Makurdi also. Infact as I speak the situation on ground has gone worst than what he posted here. Goin by the figures posted by reliable sources over 1000 homes hav bn displaced. Infact as at yesterday being Monday many other homes were still displaced by the flood. As it is now,only God can come to the succour of those affected.

The second picture is EXACTLY the same one as the bridge collapse in Enugu... Making my observations very clear. Did you see the exact locations as shown above? Of course there is a flood in markurdi, but the poster has borrowed a pic to buttress his news and that is wrong!

He should go out and show us real pics of the flood and stop stealing pics to earn comments on NL... That's my own point... Not doubting the flood, but the pics
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by GARRIWARLORD(m): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
This flood serious oh...
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by brandedben(m): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is really sad.. Dear Lord, take control...
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by andyanders: 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
God have mercy on us.Hope no life lost
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ocee31(m): 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
plendil:

You'll probably have to pass thru lafia-makurdi route
. That's long ooo
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by ayobase(m): 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
ocee31: How on earth am i supposed to get to benin from abuja

U fly of course....no intra-ship yet!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by 3kay945(m): 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
The picture where people sit on roof also taken from Benue?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by emma96: 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
Haba! May God save us o!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by tcbatchcss12(m): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2012
Get fresh and live, 100% working with High Balance Credit Cards, All Types, and All countries
Price = only in 25$
Balance of Cc = more then 2000$
if Balance low, or cc not work, Free Replacement 2 Hours

Buy Credit cards and use it for online shopping and anywhere.
Understand the format of this card
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Rich4god(m): 12:08am On Sep 26, 2012
God have mercy on us... I hope this flood dont progress much cos my village is actually very close to benue(Nsukka). God pls help us oooo.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by DIG1: 12:12am On Sep 26, 2012
[quote author=Kslib]This flood is everywhere oh.. Its strange though..

Look mr man,the concentration of that water alone will render a nuclear bomb useless.. Do you know how many sack of poo,gulder urine,baby pampers and sour garri is in that water? So yes,there is a whale but it is dead..
Yes d whales r dead but d sharks r still coping τ̅☺ b alive.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Rich4god(m): 12:12am On Sep 26, 2012
tcbatchcss12: Get fresh and live, 100% working with High Balance Credit Cards, All Types, and All countries
Price = only in 25$

Are you ok.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by GARRIWARLORD(m): 12:20am On Sep 26, 2012
tcbatchcss12: Get fresh and live, 100% working with High Balance Credit Cards, All Types, and All countries
Price of garri = only 25$ for one bag

Dont provoke me oh.... If you allow me and my people to visit your site,you will know who is who...
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Kslib(m): 12:24am On Sep 26, 2012
[/quote]
Price = only in 25$

Rich4god:
Are you ok.
I cant stop laughing..pls help..hahahahahaha....hahahahah
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by mayoroflag(m): 12:51am On Sep 26, 2012
This is really serious o

More pictures below, but this affects Abuja-Lokoja Expressway

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-lokoja-abuja-road-cut-great-flood-divided-nigeria
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by 190theclown: 1:11am On Sep 26, 2012
sadeiyare: I was once enlightened that there are three things one should learn and know how to do in this 21st century we are in :
1. Drive a car
2. Operate a computer
3. Know how to swim

At least 70'/, of the Earth is water

WITH THIS I CAN SAY IM PROUD OF MYSELF

90% IN ALL OF IT
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Wsdm: 5:01am On Sep 26, 2012
This is a disaster that was predicted and have caused such damages. What about the disaster that comes suddenly? This one has further exposed the height of irresponsibility of our government on any serious issue that affects the nation. May God save and direct us.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Jyde89: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2012
This one na hurricane Musa abi na hurricane Isiaka
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 26, 2012
elari: . . . Who the f is dis calling a confirmed news hopeless lies. Gawdammit! D situation is worse, propelled by a leakage 4rm a cameroun dam. The popular benue links park is submerged in water, wadata area is flooded. Hippos, crocs, and different species of fishes everywhere.

The picture with the blue car inside a ditch is not for Benue, yes there was (abi is) a flood, but that pictire was from another state, not Benue.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by collins123(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2012
eva_tee: Things are gettin bad in naija everydai......only God can help us all. This shows dat end time is around the corner!

Spare me all these end time drama...if it happened in the US would you say thesame thing? I guess the current socio economic conditions in Nigeria is also a sign of time. If so, then don't blame GEJ.

What will be will be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Sets The Ball In Transport / IPOB Members Arrested During Clash With Soldiers At Isigate Get Discharged. PICS / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.