Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue (30601 Views)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / The Flood Of Yorubas Making Igbo Accounts And Articles / Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 26, 2012
My people, not only in makurdi o, even in asaba it is gettin worse by the day, about 2 percent of the whole of asaba is now almost completely submerged in water. Areas like cable point, down down anwai road, even the immigration office by the express is almost completely coverered. My friends over there have all relocated, while some have suspended their properties inside their house, cos as of yesterday the water level has reached chest level in one of their house, and all u see is big big anelope and boa and bush meat, but i fear they might see lion soon, cos most people now sell big big antelopes and deer like crayfish in their area
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 26, 2012
Meanwhile, NEMA, this is the best time to recruit oº°˚! Make we come help una work!!

#teamunemployedgraduates

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 26, 2012
It is not a funny matter o, transformers have been disconnected since last week in those areas in asaba, cos of the overflow of the river niger, and i heard they now have to settle most of the homeless persons in some govt schools, expecially students from anwai campus (DELSU). No be small thing o, I just pray this doesnt metamorphorse to somethin else, cos to get to ur house to lift just a pen or whatever is 1k to n fro..... It is really terrible here o
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vanstanzy(m): 7:19am On Sep 26, 2012
tchidi: Meanwhile, NEMA, this is the best time to recruit oº°˚! Make we come help una work!!

#teamunemployedgraduates

Now thats a quality i love in Nigerians, fast thinkers. NEMA, peops are willing to help under one condition, EMPLOY THEM.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by frankville2001: 7:20am On Sep 26, 2012
This is really bad. This is a simple calling dat d end tym is around d corner. So I implore each and every1 of u 2 change.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by spawnx: 7:28am On Sep 26, 2012
what are those people doing;looking at a car swept off,when they are at the risk of being swept away. that area should be cordoned off,the people evacuated from there.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 26, 2012
Respect Mother Nature or self- destruct.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by swtcharissa(f): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2012
Is dis an endtime sign also?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by vanstanzy(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2012
tiniyata: It is not a funny matter o, transformers have been disconnected since last week in those areas in asaba, cos of the overflow of the river niger, and i heard they now have to settle most of the homeless persons in some govt schools, expecially students from anwai campus (DELSU). No be small thing o, I just pray this doesnt metamorphorse to somethin else, cos to get to ur house to lift just a pen or whatever is 1k to n fro..... It is really terrible here o

GEJ, its over to ur govt. Lets test and see govts response. But peops , dont wait for govt o, cos National Disasters of this magnitude throw every govt off-balance plus their hands will be full. So let the victims and peops around help out in any way they can WITHOUT LOOTING.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by rhymz(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2012
patholaw: Its worse dan dat in d pix oh...cuz am in makurdi now. Water chased pple 4rm their houzes 4rm gboko road down 2 wadata...covered most of d houzes.
Are you sure of what you are saying cos Makurdi was the route our driver took on our way to Abuja on monday from Lagos. We passed the whole of the igbokodo and gboko road, me I no see any flood there o, the gboko raod especially does not look like a roas that can be flooded like the pictures depicts. So I ask again, are these pictures realy from Benue state? I was in gwarimpa part of Abuja yesterday when the very heavy rains poured out, I had thought it was everywhere only for me to get to the karu parts and hear people say it was mild in Karu. Tomrrow na person go carry pictures of heavy flood from God knows where....hmmm
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by lamladon(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2012
Itz a pity ‎​Ђω people take undue adavantage of their fellow citizens facing horrendous situation...take a clue from the abuja-lokoja flood that recently sacked the frequent commuters plying that route..some nigerians feel less concerned @ their plight to scamper for safety buh would rather take delight in expoliting dem of their wares in exchange for relief.don't we ever learn from the western world that v experienced such austerity measure and peole rise to their safety first not seeeking for any crooked means to despoil their comrades of their property...#jes sayin

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 26, 2012
gyado villa makurdi

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2012
more

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2012
and more

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2012
more more

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2012
water water

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by sammmiey1: 8:23am On Sep 26, 2012
sadSmh...property worth millions must have gone down the drain,this is so diastrous
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Rich4god(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2012
Remembering the words of my friend, that FG should send youth corpers to these troubled area to help with the relief effort.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by blackboi(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2012
sadeiyare: I was once enlightened that there are three things one should learn and know how to do in this 21st century we are in :
1. Drive a car
2. Operate a computer
3. Know how to swim

At least 70'/, of the Earth is water

I can operate a computer,
I know how to swim but what about my siblings?? May God help us all embarassed
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Jeffy1206(m): 9:24am On Sep 26, 2012
is veri worst dan dat nw. De cameronian govt had not helpd mata at all imagen dis.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2012
WOW!!! This flood is biitches!!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2012
but waitoo! were are the rescue helicopters and where are NEMA officials?? undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Okijajuju1(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2012
greateros: but waitoo! were are the rescue helicopters and where are NEMA officials?? undecided undecided

Shey you no hear say feul now na 120 per litre?! angry

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by elampiro(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2012
toluxa1: Thank God for Babangida, he constructed one of the best drainage systems a city can have in Minna, while he was president. I don't see any amount of rain ever that can cause this type of flooding in Minna.

It is not rain, it is rivers overflowing. In some places like Cameroun, Dams have burst. Even the best constructed cities in the world cannot withstand severe natural disasters. Have you not seen similar things happening in Pakistan, Phillipine, South and North Korea, China, India, UK and some european counties?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Tinyemeka(m): 10:47am On Sep 26, 2012
patholaw: ...even d zoo in d university (BSU), parts have been taking over...

Ha! There are crocodiles and snakes in that zoo abi? sad
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by exago(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2012

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by exago(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2012
Abeerdeen, Newcastle etc

Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Montero(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
vanstanzy: Nigeria really needs a much better drainage system. Dont get me wrong, this too does happen in developed countries with superb drains, and having a better drainage system will not entirely rule out flooding but will minimize the devastating effect. Our people also need to be educated, cos most of us don't even know the importance of a good and unclogged drain. Failure to do these and more, and we'll just be going round in circles. My honest 2 cents.

i think what is needed is dredging of the benue river and damming somewhere along its path.
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by gp66(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
I am still wondering that here in the South South which is the main coastal area that should be suffering from this heavy flood is still having floodless environment, except some few communities witnessing it. Is it that a house surrounded by rivers can not be swallowed by the river? I think God is at work.

for those being affect by flood, i pray for speeding reduction of water in the banks of these rivers or dams so that Nigeria can go about their normal lives. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
gp66: I am still wondering that here in the South South which is the main coastal area that should be suffering from this heavy flood is still having floodless environment, except some few communities witnessing it. Is it that a house surrounded by rivers can not be swallowed by the river? I think God is at work.

for those being affect by flood, i pray for speeding reduction of water in the banks of these rivers or dams so that Nigeria can go about their normal lives. God bless Nigeria!

chief, the flooding being experienced is caused by the release of water from lagdo dam in cameroon! do i have to explain tributries to you?
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by Subuhanalahi: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
God please come to our rescue
Re: Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue by kinggenesis(m): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
I wonder why some peepz dosen't think before they comment........ What has GEJ gat to do with natural disaster? For goodness sake...... All we need do now is to pray to Almighty to come to our rescue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Billionaires / Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.