Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? (22697 Views)

Muslims and Christians Unite Against Terrorism in Pakistan / How True Muslims Fight The 'Unbelievers' In Jihad? / The God Of Jews And Christians Gave His Reason For Sending Revelation To Arabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by nagoma(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
dublinkmy6: What worries me most about these muslims is their senseless attitude towards things.
1) Senseless reasoning and funny logic- this is so obvious, they end up confusing even themselves during any argument concerning their religion.
2) Senseless marriages- so obvious that it needs no more explanation.
3) Senseless procreation- 1 man + 86 wives = uncountable uneducated children. This the major nuisance muslims are constituting to the world, and this is how their population swells with it attendant negative effects. 1.4 billion muslims comes to mind.
3) Senseless reaction to religious issues. e.t.c.
And worst of all, the koran is a major contributor to all of the above.

You are either are not talking about islam or you live in a different world. Ignorant soul.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by tunnisparker(m): 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
The meaning of Islam has speak for itself, it's a religion of peace. I don't understand why some people view issues on their favor or because they don't practice the religion. Have you ever ask yourself that while are this people fighting, what/who is the cause of this? I bet you will never find a Muslim fighting without no cause. Remember for every reaction there must be an action!!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#550000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by tunnisparker(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
The meaning of Islam has speak for itself, it's a religion of peace. I don't understand why some people view issues on their favor or because they don't practice the religion. Have you ever ask yourself that while are this people fighting, what/who is the cause of this? I bet you will never find a Muslim fighting without no cause. Remember for every reaction there must be an action!!![b][/b]
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by tintingz(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ozichim:
You are completely wrong. Jesus did not mean metal sword for fighting in battle. Some disciple also thought Jesus was referring to metal/Iron sword but he told them to stop when one of the disciple said that he has one sword with him. Infact when one of the disciple cut off some bodies ear while trying to defend Christ, Jesus immediately rebuked him and warned the disciple not to fight for him, that if he want to fight he will send angels to do the fighting. Jesus then went on to heal the man whole ear was cut off. Also note that the man whole ear was cut off was one of those that came to arrest Christ.
Warning for all Muslims, Be not deceived, Christian God is not the same as Muslim god(Allah). They are completely different.
what else will you say "he dosn't mean a metal sword" always parables remeber he said this swords are enough, what was he thinking when he order them to buy sword. . .Jesus knows his message can't be complete that's why he said to his disciples "and i will pray to the father and he will send you another comforter" meanwhile God had a plan for him or can you tell me why he prayed to God?. . .Jesus hatred for the jews makes him curse them "adulterous generation, dogs, snake brood of vipers etc" he said "people of little faith" why did he said that. . .why did he said "the kingdom of God shall be taken away from you jews and given to another nation" why so much hatred for the jews?
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by michealade(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
ibro360: pls op who is d christian prophet, cos d last tym i checked some say he is d son of God some say he is God
u beta open dat your hear nd brain to understand well.i wonder y islam support killin!religioN apart is killing a good tin Mr Ibro?
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by toughbobo: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Sweetnecta: @italo: i wanted to respond to the "near extinction" of reyginus and then i saw your entry.
let me share a reality of how an earlier muslim man shut up a christian missionary of his day:

the christian asked the muslim if Muhammad [sa] was the last messenger [sa], why didnt Allah help and safeguard his grandson Hussaine [ra] instead of allowing him to be killed?

Fair and smart question until the muslim gave a knock out punch of an answer:

Muhammad [sa] was bold enough and probably furious with Yahweh, the muslim said.
Yahweh burst into tears and apology.

He said that even His own begotten son He couldn't protect as he was killed by hanging.

Swallow that for a moment.

We know who is the liar and we know who is not alive and we know who is weak and we know who does not care enough to stand for God.

This guy is a comedian. i was just lol. weldone. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by michealade(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
tunnis parker: The meaning of Islam has speak for itself, it's a religion of peace. I don't understand why some people view issues on their favor or because they don't practice the religion. Have you ever ask yourself that while are this people fighting, what/who is the cause of this? I bet you will never find a Muslim fighting without no cause. Remember for every reaction there must be an action!!![b][/b]
.pipu dey talk beta tinz,u jst dey open ur mouth type nonsenz,wetin konsine 3rd law wit humanity!
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by Ochek: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
carefulme:

FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALIZATION..........DO YOU MEAN ALL MUSLIMS OR SOME MUSLIMS.......
........AND CERTAINLY IF ALL MUSLIMS WERE TRULY OBLIGED TO DEFEND THEIR RELIGION BY MURDER, NONE OF US WOULD BE LEFT BEHIND.........

Joker!!
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by dederocs(m): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
[quote author=Ochek]

Joker!!
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by Ochek: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
dederocs:
YOU AND YOUR FATHER WILL NOT BE LEFT BEHIND...I RATHER DESTROY THE WHOLE WORLD THAN ALLOW MYSELF TO BE OPPRESSED.WHEN THE WAR STARTS ITS NOT JUST ABOUT SHOOTING GUNS AND CHOOKING DAGGER.WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION KILLS MORE AND FASTER.COWARD

Hahahaha!!! Here goes another violent one. Hahaha!
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by kaze4blues(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
blink182: Jesus is not a prophet, He is the First born of God and He sits in all glory besides the Father.

Idiot....if jesus is d first born of God, then who is d second born?....ur father....uhmmm? Laffin in ma native language grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by opey25(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
Some christians believe Allah is different from God.if this is the truth why can't the so called "living God" destroy Allah in other to avoid confusion on earth.islam has been in existence for over 1433 years yet the so called christian God has not been able to stop the spread of islam

1 Like

Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by lat4real: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
Rubbish topic from a dimwit fellow. It's very blatant that you are not a peaceful person @OP
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by Ochek: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
opey25: Some christians believe Allah is different from God.if this is the truth why can't the so called "living God" destroy Allah in other to avoid confusion on earth.islam has been in existence for over 1433 years yet the so called christian God has not been able to stop the spread of islam

Same reason He has left the satan to date.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by ajalaidowu10(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Islam is d fastest growing religion in america and all over d world
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by dvee2: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
You see my brother that is the point...im simply asking the same [center]question, there are citations from the Qua-ran which actually supports killings and violence against non-Muslims and they ride on these concepts to unleash terror globally this has also resulted to Islamic clerics not coming out openly to condemn these atrocities...Ok since the Boko Haram insurgence started in Nigeria how many Prominent Islamic Figures Like the Sardauna, Emirs and Islamic Scholars had come out to openly denounce and condemn their acts...all we keep hearing is "they do not represent Islam", "Islam is a religion of peace". some say what is happening is political and not religions yet churches are bombed innocent children are killed while worshiping in churches with their parents, see we have heard these statements over and over again but they don't stop the killings perpetuated in the name of Islam![/center]

I am trying hard not to call you a fool. which verse do you know in the Quaran thats supports violence and killing? what was the context and history behind such verses? you dont know and you are here drawing conclusions just like the Boko Haram themselves.
What if i cite similar verses for you in the Bible? i guess you will reply "no that was in the old tastement,we now live by the new tatstement" yet you will quote the old tastement when it suites you.
If you live in Nigeria and deny that the sultan and muslims clerics did not speak against boko haram,then you are the biggest hypocrite alive.
Bottom line,we have good people and bad people in all religion. When christians murder and ate muslims flesh in Jos, no they are bad people.no one say its their religion or attribute it to christianity.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by TheOP1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Given this violent legacy in religion lets compare the
brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody
and less violent than those in the Bible.

Violence in the Quran, is
largely a defense against attack.
"By the standards of the time, which is the
7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid
down by the Quran are actually reasonably
humane.
Then we turn to the
Bible, and we actually find something that is
for many people a real surprise. There is a
specific kind of warfare laid down in the
Bible which we can only call genocide.

It is called herem, and it means total
annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel,
when God instructs King Saul to attack the
Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they
have, and do not spare them," God says
through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both
man and woman, infant and nursing child,
ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
When Saul failed to do that, God took away
his kingdom.

"In other words, Saul has
committed a dreadful sin by failing to
complete genocide. And that passage
echoes through Christian history. It is often
used, for example, in American stories of the
confrontation with Indians — not just is it
legitimate to kill Indians, but you are
violating God's law if you do not."

The history of Christianity
is strewn with herem. During the Crusades
in the Middle Ages, the Catholic popes
declared the Muslims Amalekites. In the
great religious wars in the 16th, 17th and
19th centuries, Protestants and Catholics
each believed the other side were the
Amalekites and should be utterly destroyed.

'Holy Amnesia'
But even though the Bible is
violent, Christianity and Judaism today are
not for the most part.
"What happens in all religions as they grow
and mature and expand, they go through a
process of forgetting of the original
violence, and I call this a process of holy
amnesia.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by LeJeun3: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
nagoma:

You are not intelligent, to put mildly.
The all wise, all intelligent Nagoma! Why didn't you answer my question? Enlighten me please! Its only Nagoma, its Nahansin.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by dederocs(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
ghazzal:

How did "Sodom & Gomorrah" a good reference Start, was it overnight or that people influence people with time and it became a norm. it is important we check ourselves else God`s wrath is much more severe. Not that VIOLENCE is good but let the target audience know the truth (of what is blasphemy) and that it is bad.... If we keep Quiet that God we fight for himselve, majority will be in the LOST FLOCK by then.............. "SODOM & GOMORRAH" in the making.......

some people are scared of God`s wrath and will distance themselves from it by all ACCEPTABLE, possible means. if some of them go beyond the acceptable limit, they also need to be checked.
you are lost already if you dont know...following a man made religion,no proof of spiritual powers...just marry 100wives or die and go to paradise to marry 700. cheesy
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by ajalaidowu10(m): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
Id.noble islam is only true religion. Christianity is nt a religion. Somebody tell me where is it d bible we shd go to church every sunday
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by dederocs(m): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ochek:

Hahahaha!!! Here goes another violent one. Hahaha!
you are a shame to christianity,how dare you make such a cowardly statement...giving these savages a upper hand.shame on u
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by Holyrule(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
Thats cuz their doctrine is so messed up.(no offence). They always use violence, yet they claim they preach peace.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by ajalaidowu10(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
Id.noble islam is only true religion. Christianity is nt a religion. Somebody tell me where is it in d bible we shd go to church every sunday
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by Ochek: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
The OP: Given this violent legacy in religion lets compare the
brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody
and less violent than those in the Bible.

Violence in the Quran, is
largely a defense against attack.
"By the standards of the time, which is the
7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid
down by the Quran are actually reasonably
humane.
Then we turn to the
Bible, and we actually find something that is
for many people a real surprise. There is a
specific kind of warfare laid down in the
Bible which we can only call genocide.

It is called herem, and it means total
annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel,
when God instructs King Saul to attack the
Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they
have, and do not spare them," God says
through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both
man and woman, infant and nursing child,
ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
When Saul failed to do that, God took away
his kingdom.

"In other words, Saul has
committed a dreadful sin by failing to
complete genocide. And that passage
echoes through Christian history. It is often
used, for example, in American stories of the
confrontation with Indians — not just is it
legitimate to kill Indians, but you are
violating God's law if you do not."

The history of Christianity
is strewn with herem. During the Crusades
in the Middle Ages, the Catholic popes
declared the Muslims Amalekites. In the
great religious wars in the 16th, 17th and
19th centuries, Protestants and Catholics
each believed the other side were the
Amalekites and should be utterly destroyed.

'Holy Amnesia'
But even though the Bible is
violent, Christianity and Judaism today are
not for the most part.
"What happens in all religions as they grow
and mature and expand, they go through a
process of forgetting of the original
violence, and I call this a process of holy
amnesia.

And then, you are missing the point again and again.
The word "christian" or christianity as we are refering to was first used in the new testament. That was after Jesus had come and gone. Your instants all pre-date Jesus's existance.
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by opey25(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ochek:

Same reason He has left the satan to date.
so he left satan to date so that satan can destroy his good works and mislead his children?
Re: Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? by Ochek: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
dederocs:
you are a shame to christianity,how dare you make such a cowardly statement...giving these savages a upper hand.shame on u

You see ma dear, exchanging words with you will only make same as you. Congratulations on ur Violent upper cuts. Ma religion asks me to be at peace with all man as much as I can. The game is on you. PEACE!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Return Of Prophet Isa (jesus) Peace Be Upon Him / 10 Things Good Husbands Avoid / Ramadan: Prof. Is-haq Oloyede Announces The Sight Of The Moon In Sokoto, Yobe &

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.