Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors (29343 Views)

Nigerian Governors At Presidential Inauguration In Niger Republic (pix) / Nigerian Governors Meet In Abuja (photos) / Patience Dame Jonathan- Beautful, Intelligent And Compassionate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by stannydon(m): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva:

Both of you are dead wrong...People who pass through the best schools could be intelligent but not necessarily eloquent. Even lawyers from Ivy-League universities are not all eloquent. Eloquent is a skill that you don't necessarily get from the four walls of a university. Some people are very intelligent but getting their words out can be very tasking for them
My friend shut up your mouth if you dont know what intelligence is all about. What is Rochas qualification? Rochas has only SSCE and he is deceiving you that he has diploma in law. He is a dumb and is not among the 30 most intelligent governors if you dont know. So stop this Rochas thing ok!
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by mbhs139(m): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
sub_zero: Bro, been a lawyer doesn't guarantee intelligency. Fashola may be in my fifth position. Like i said, state your order.

You no get sense
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by mbhs139(m): 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
saxywale: 1. Fashola
2. Amaechi
3. Oshiomole
4. Akpabio

The ranking is based on 60minutes interview with Angela.
Fashola is very knowledgeable and widely read ... He could pass for an environmentalist, engineer, lawyer, public relations expert e.t.c. That's my reason why is number one.

Thumbs UPPP!!!!!
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by mbhs139(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
ba7man: Fashola, he has a way of making you see situations from a logical point of view. You can actually be eloquent and not pass any sensible information across to your audience. If past Govs were included Donald Duke would make the list.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
I am try to avoid reply but to come to think of it,where is Fayemi...never being to north...but in south,he is intelligent, i may say no governor can be compared with him,eloquent,intelligent...i love him cause he said & i qoute "i had Ph.D in war studies to know tatics of peace"...the only Governor with Ph.D...eloquent & when to talk of agenda implentation,every citizen(alive,sick & dead) knows what going...1st phase to be commissioned on 15th oct. And 2nd phase project list is out..soo intelligent in words,action & dealings with every one

1 Like

Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by fikadodo4sure: 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbsola (osun) ,Idris Wada(kogi),olusegun Mimiko(ondo) and fashola(lagos)
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Ugbavihi: 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
Liyel imoke is too much abeg
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Truckpusher(m): 1:29am On Sep 29, 2012
Reyginus: Op, how do you define intelligence and eloquent?
...eloquence and not eloquent.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Truckpusher(m): 1:31am On Sep 29, 2012
sub_zero: Bro, been a lawyer doesn't guarantee intelligency. Fashola may be in my fifth position. Like i said, state your order.
...intelligence and not intelligency.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Truckpusher(m): 1:35am On Sep 29, 2012
torres2: I am try to avoid reply but to come to think of it,where is Fayemi...never being to north...but in south,he is intelligent, i may say no governor can be compared with him,eloquent,intelligent...i love him cause he said & i qoute "i had Ph.D in war studies to know tatics of peace"...the only Governor with Ph.D...eloquent & when to talk of agenda implentation,every citizen(alive,sick & dead) knows what going...1st phase to be commissioned on 15th oct. And 2nd phase project list is out..soo intelligent in words,action & dealings with every one
...reading from your first paragraph i can actually say that you're fayemi's son or a half brother,because there is no much difference between his spoken english and yours.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by hakunamatata1: 2:05am On Sep 29, 2012
olaezebala:

U got to be joking by writing Ogbeni Aregbesola in ur list
guy, forget mata. Ogbeni is a seasoned orator plus i love his raw guts against overwhelming forces! embarassed
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by purity80(m): 2:14am On Sep 29, 2012
Amaechi
Okorocha
Oshiomole
Fashola
Fayemi
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by DadaStephen1(m): 2:46am On Sep 29, 2012
***** Babatunde Raji Fashola
**** Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi
*** Kayode Fayemi
** Lamido
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by DadaStephen1(m): 2:50am On Sep 29, 2012
torres2: I am try to avoid reply but to come to think of it,where is Fayemi...never being to north...but in south,he is intelligent, i may say no governor can be compared with him,eloquent,intelligent...i love him cause he said & i qoute "i had Ph.D in war studies to know tatics of peace"...the only Governor with Ph.D...eloquent & when to talk of agenda implentation,every citizen(alive,sick & dead) knows what going...1st phase to be commissioned on 15th oct. And 2nd phase project list is out..soo intelligent in words,action & dealings with every one

Bros, abeg you for speak Yoruba, we go understand.
This your Gbagaun heavy abeg!
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by McGeorge1(m): 3:23am On Sep 29, 2012
Pukkah: No sitting Nigerian governor has a more powerful delivery or eloquence than Babatunde Fashola. Listen to him for two straight hours and you'll know that he is packed and gifted.
I never knew idiots like you still exist. Have you heard Sen Liyel Imoke give a speech? You lagosians just sit right there thinking its all Fashola. What an irony. Keep making fools of urselves.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by phemybof(m): 4:15am On Sep 29, 2012
koruji: I am sure you have not heard any of these people give a full hour of speech on a burning issue to the Federation.

. U made big mistak,u neva watch AREGBESOLA OF OSUN,while spechin?. He is nomba 1(one)
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by randomtot(m): 5:37am On Sep 29, 2012
I am from Benue State, but truth be told, Babatunde Fashola SAN is the greatest. A graduate of Law from the great Uniben. Served in the Ministry of Justice in Benin City, became a Senior Advocate of Nigeria at the age of 40. I only listened to Fash speak during the two debates preceding his election & re-elction & also during the occupy Nigeria Protest in January. I could n't help but fall in love with him. Next on my radar is the Comrade Governor himself, Comr. Oshiomhole, his antecedents are well known & I need not over emphasize. Closely trailing Comr. Oshiomhole is Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State. He is a refined, cultured & learned gentleman.Because I don't want to mess my list up, I simply don't have fourth position as I can't find any other Governor in the league of these three in terms of substance & delivery.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by kenoxx(m): 5:57am On Sep 29, 2012
none of u is even talking about Ajimobi in Oyo state...lolzzzzzz
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Naijagunner83: 6:04am On Sep 29, 2012
Intelligence and eloquence are 2 key attributes lacking in many Nigerian leaders. However, the following deserve some credit in no particular order:
Muazu Babangida Aliyu(Niger)
Sule Lamido (Jigawa)
Chibuike Amaechi(Rivers)
Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti)
Adams Oshiomole(Edo)
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by tpia5: 6:23am On Sep 29, 2012
Never heard any of them speak, so i dont know.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by IfyMeg(m): 6:39am On Sep 29, 2012
Antivirus92: Peter obi, peter obi,peter obi,peter obi, peter obi, peter obi !
Ona eme cracking like old cd plate
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by halavoke: 7:01am On Sep 29, 2012
Akpabio,okorocha,oshiomole,fashola
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Operalex: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2012
sub_zero: By intelligence, i mean a gov that think and speak logically. By eloquent, i mean a gov dat can express his opinion well when speaking in the public.
where is aregbesola and fashola then, i think they shld be included
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by faboulicious(m): 8:06am On Sep 29, 2012
Antivirus92: Peter obi, peter obi,peter obi,peter obi, peter obi, peter obi !
bros na you b the real virus.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Archmed(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2012
Talk they say,is CHEAP.My order of intelligent and eloquent Governors will go in d order of PERFORMANCE,as this is a true way to measure INTELLIGENCE..To talk is one thing,to do,is another.
1.Godswill Akpabio,AKWA IBOM
2.Babatunde Fashola,LAGOS
3.Peter Obi,ANAMBRA
4.Rochas Okorocha,IMO
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by bluz: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2012
Nyako all d way
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2012
The first is Oshiomole ...others can follow...
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2012
The first is Oshiomole ...others can follow..
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by shineeye1: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
Why is nobody mentioning Mimiko? Check the guy out.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2012
King Saro Wiwa grin grin
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
As for intelligent orator: i'd say it's Fashola;

As for eloquent and engaging: i'd say Rochas, Akpabio and Oshiomole in no particular order.
Re: The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors by LeJeun3: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2012
Julieccentric: Fashola is intelligent and very eloquent.

Sometimes, I'm very wary of judging Intelligence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Begs Amaechi: Join Hands With Us To Move Our Dear State Forward / Zabarmari Attack: Villagers Provide Information To Boko Haram - Enenche / Boko Haram Attacks On Soldiers In Kareto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.