Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage (14601 Views)

She Couldn't Cum Easily In Her Previous Relationship But Now She Can / What To Do When A Girl Doesnt Want A Serious Relationship But A Casual One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by stalker(f): 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
+osisi:

You people are  funny with all your  posts.
But come o,did she say 7 years or 7 weeks?

checking

Tufiakwa!!!!! 7 years it is.

@ the poster,run run run.
Someone asked you to pray,I advise you to pray while running.
If you make the mistake of marrying this man,in the next 7 years,you'll be the mother of 7 kids
asking for hand outs from relatives to support them since it seems the only thing this your man has going for him may be his sexual prowess.
dump the zero and get you a hero

Abeg help me tell am.

uspry1:

Why in the world you wait for your man over 7-10 years of relationship---no propose for marriage? TOO LONG!!!

For you if you still love him very much and could not leave him----GO AHEAD MARRY HIM at your own wedding expenses and BE YOURSELF BREADWINNER! nothing wrong with it!!

For me personally, after 6 months to 1 year relationship getting know each other deep level, if this guy STILL IS JOBLESS, LAZY, COMMITMENT-PHOBIA and NO FEASIBLE PLAN----I dump him FAST! NOT DAMN WORTH FOR ME, i cannot allow anyone take advantage of me!

true word.

@poster

Please dont run, stay u hear, In no time you would have the award winning post in the thread "Whats the worst thing ur boyfriend/girlfriend has ever done to you". true love and other heartbreak mags will beg seun to get them interviews with you. abi u need prophet to tell u in what direction u shd be running? i fit buy u compass!  tongue grin lipsrsealed
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Iyanlax: 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2008
Try not to make it 20 years 
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by choco4life(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
As a male myself, i dont expect my girlfriend to hang in there for seven years with
the situation being the same and with no hope of it changing in the future.
And worst of all not having a game plan.
I am sorry to say, but that sucks totally.
As said in my earlier post, pick up ur shoes and start the race and like Lot's wife dont LOOK back.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by osisi5: 1:01am On Jan 18, 2008
choco4life:

As a male myself, i don't expect my girlfriend to hang in there for seven years with
the situation being the same and with no hope of it changing in the future.
And worst of all not having a game plan.
I am sorry to say, but that sucks totally.
As said in my earlier post, pick up your shoes and start the race and like Lot's wife don't LOOK back.

ROFL
forward ever

stalker:

Abeg help me tell am.

true word.

@poster

Please don't run, stay u hear, In no time you would have the award winning post in the thread "Whats the worst thing your boyfriend/girlfriend has ever done to you". true love and other heartbreak mags will beg seun to get them interviews with you. abi u need prophet to tell u in what direction u should be running? i fit buy u compass! tongue grin lipsrsealed

ROFL
@ the poster,if he lives in Lagos,run towards Benin Republic
If he's in Abuja,run towards Chad.
If he's in the Port Harcourt or Aba area run towards Cameroon
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by spoilt(f): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2008
You have to be looking for marriage where it is likely to be found.
After ten years i dont think anyone can accuse you of not being patient. Besides even if he married you, you dont want to be stuck with a man who has no ambitions or goals. sweetie get astepping!
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:10am On Jan 18, 2008
@topic

To be sincere, 10 years is a real long wait. i commend your patience, but its high time you get your head straight, are you gona keep waiting this long. if the guy was really that serious about getting married to you, no one would tell him to go find himself a job or start up something. he's not bothered because after all he has a waiting dummy, who is ready to wait another 40years more for him. you have to give him an ultimatum, you can't wait forever, he either gets serious or move on. simple.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 18, 2008
@Poster,

Seven Years!! did he promised to marry you,

Take a decision fast! What he's doing all this while Is there any improvement, and he's seeking for any job!

Pray to God for the rit decision!! Think TwicE!!!
shocked

I hope you get the right decision!!!
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by choco4life(m): 6:35am On Jan 18, 2008
Wait till he gets you pregnant and see what it would be?
There wud be bills, bills and just bills,
I sincerely do believe that you cant shoulder the responsibilities alone.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by koko777(m): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2008
@poster, we were not detailed enough about the guy. Is he a graduate or possess some special skills or talents that can earn him a living? If yes. Baby gal my candid advice is be patient with him cos you guys have been together for a long time. 7yrs? who knows he may be closer to his breakthrough, do not let another person enjoy what you have laboured for. But to be frank, you guys need to talk real gud, think from there you'll know if he's really serious or not. Gud guys no plenty o, try make gud of what you have so that you won't start another 7yrs relationship. Best wishes!
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by kateflow(f): 8:20am On Jan 18, 2008
wow sis better run because seven yrs no be guguru ati epa
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Rogo: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2008
Both of you should and plan a business to run together, men are easy to get but love is very hard to get. you may decide to leave today and tomorrow job will come his way you are the loser already. so baby if you have the money give him to start doing something. he will start thinking of marriage when doing something. thanks
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Daman1(m): 8:57am On Jan 18, 2008
Haba, you are the main problem of the guy, you stayed on for close to a decade in a relationship with a guy with no visible plans or seriousness for his life, no ambition?
You must have been enjoying one thing in him,  at least if money and ambition no dey, the thing under dey work, and it probably sweets you so much that you dont even bother to hear other suitors out, almost one decade of been available to serve him his dish of pulani, (cunt) makes him feel on top of the world, a king whose queen supplies the food, venue of "sextactivity" (since he has no house) and most of all, free cunt, how on earth could you think he will be ambitious?
My dear, suspend all sexcapades with this distorted fellow (though may be difficult to bear it) tell him seriously and mean it that you wont resume unless he comes out with a definite plan for his life which he is ready to implement and give him a time frame within which to act at the expiration of which you look else where for love with a guy that will be capable to shoulder responsibilities.
Time waits for no one, now is the time to act as you said, keep him on his toes, stop sleeping with him now, if he is not ready to loose you i.e if he loves you as you claim, he will change n get serious.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by sowura(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2008
for the simple reason that u ve decided to seek for advice, i believe u must have seen no future in the relationship and since u have toasters, u ve seen one or two better than your guy. I think what u want to hear is to be sure that people will not label you as wicked, unfeeling and so on. How long you spend in a relationship does not matter what matters is your hapiness, for all i know you might have spent that long deceiving yourself that things will get better while knowing fully that ur guy is not doing anything to better is condition. For all its worth i must say that this is ur call.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by kateflow(f): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2008
true
sowura:

for the simple reason that u ve decided to seek for advice, i believe u must have seen no future in the relationship and since u have toasters, u ve seen one or two better than your guy. I think what u want to hear is to be sure that people will not label you as wicked, unfeeling and so on. How long you spend in a relationship does not matter what matters is your hapiness, for all i know you might have spent that long deceiving yourself that things will get better while knowing fully that your guy is not doing anything to better is condition. For all its worth i must say that this is your call.

true talk jare
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by chivaley(f): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2008
Modified
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by delegirl(f): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2008
pls don't run you have to be very patient, cos i have experience such situation before but now am enjoying. Talk to him and know what he is up to before u run or u should pray for him and am sure God is going to help smiley smileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by kobe(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2008
delegirl:

please don't run you have to be very patient, because i have experience such situation before but now am enjoying. )smiley
and now you're at the age of 21? who is the pedophile?
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by napa: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2008
If age is still on your side and you truely love this guy you fit wait but if not my sista make hay fast while the sun still dey shine o, don't wait till the time when you'll need to start praying for toasters to come your way. Think right and act fast.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by tosinadeda: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2008
age after ten years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wen dem start to dey date? u beta run for ur life o, the guyhas no plans
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by opokonwa(m): 10:39am On Jan 18, 2008
If you are here for us to give you an excuse to dump your man, think again!

Make up your own damn mind and be responsible for your choices

Nairalanders can't make the best advisers for a relationship that is solely between two consenting adults.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Soundmind(m): 10:51am On Jan 18, 2008
@ poster,
You have not told us the truth here pls.
What it the guy's plan for a living?
In what way have you tried to assist him start something?
Do he feel pained that he jobless?
How old are both of you?
For seven yrs, both of your parents must have been aware of this rlxnship. What is there view?
What is ur own plan for the man? Have ever tried to put him up?

I believe you must have been sleeping with this guy and you are enjoying it. If you marry another man, i doubt it you will enjoy the new man as you have enjoyed this man. He have eaten deep into you i guest.

Do not look for apartment for the guy, find job for him first and see what comes out of him. You may be surprise, he will make a very good husband.

I am not holding brief for the guy pls.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by ODIX(m): 10:52am On Jan 18, 2008
i don't believe  every relationship you have with a girl should automatically lead to marriage.this many ladies fail to understand because i am sleeping with you does not mean i want to take you as my wife.
A girlfriend and a wife are two complete different things.there are some Ladies you meet and you want to take them to bed almost immediately and just have fun and there are some you see and you say to yourself "now this is a wife material" i know many people will disagree with me bu th that is the hard truth.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by onyekang1(f): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2008
ODIX:

i don't believe every relationship you have with a girl should automatically lead to marriage.this many ladies fail to understand because i am sleeping with you does not mean i want to take you as my wife.
A girlfriend and a wife are two complete different things.there are some Ladies you meet and you want to take them to bed almost immediately and just have fun and there are some you see and you say to yourself "now this is a wife material" i know many people will disagree with me bu th that is the hard truth.
Disagree! u must be joking,it happens everyday!
@poster
if your man aint focused and doesnt ave plans 4 his future plzzzzzz WALK AWAY.d last time i checked, the holy book says "faith without work is nothing". all d best.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by realdemi(f): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2008
faakay:

@Poster,

Seven Years!! did he promised to marry you,

@faakay
Very good point u made there. Number 1 question, Did he promise to marry you? How defined is your relationship? The mistake a lot of babes make is to hang out with a guy without finding out how far he is willing to go with them. U like the guy and u feel 'oh he smiles at me'(like the M.J.syndrome) but the damn guy will end up never saying the 4 word sentence.

Or it starts with he's just a friend, then it moves on to he's my very good friend and then, la,la,la! The babe is thinking 'he will soon propose,he'll soon propose 'and keeps on day-dreaming, she wakes up and the years have gone by. It was all a nightmare and an illusion

Wake up and smell the coffee, girl. He MIGHT never take u to the altar

Plus a guy that does not seem to have a tangible plan 4 his life. Men bad combination u've got there.
I only belive in God's will that is trying to amke a headway of life else, u've got a disaster on hand and don't go pushing it on God.

@onyeka and ODIX.
TRUE TALK AS IT IS!!
LOL.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by tome1: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Poster, do you guys have plans of getting married?Because 7 years is not a joke o.You need to make a decision fast before something bad happens to the two of you.
Its rather bad to hear you say he has no feasible plans for the future. cry cry
That mean he is comfortable living off you.If he is an excess lauggage to you this is the best time to dump him and move on.
wish you all the best grin grin
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Tokemi1(f): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2008
My dear, 10 years of a relationship without a focus is not a joke.I just pray that God will order your steps,your thought to take a right decision, because is easier said than done !
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by Faitymine(m): 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2008
Remember that all glittering are not GOLD, if you loved him and you really want to marry him then go ahead.
Since you said he doesn't have a job, house and all that, you can as well get a place for both of you and start a new life. MIRACLE could happened anytime, never capitalised on his joblessness and homelessness, the Lord that divided the RED SEA and fall the wall of JERIKKO can do a miracle without a twinkling of an eye.
Wish you best of luck and never allow no one to deceive you
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by luckia(m): 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2008
Hello Dear, This is a very serious matter, different people will see it from different perspective, those who take immediate actions due to some things, those who are ignorant, those who are so sympathetic, but look from my person, you said it all, according to you, you said you both are very good friends, and you also said you are not happy because He is not happy, you see, He is also feeling the pains, and if you just break like that then guess what will happen to him?, my advice is that you pray with him, the two of you must pray so God can intervain, so many things happen in this life for us to see certain things, but on our own we always fail to see it, and thus that might leead to any lucky or unlucky part, try and see, tell your guy to keep this message in quote with HIM "KEEP WAITING WHILE MOVING"
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by omena555(f): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2008
im not sure u are ready to get married. but incase u are ready to, then i'll suggest u end that relationship thats going no where rather than being in it out of pity for the guy. this one is not a matter of love. whenever the guy is ready he will find someone else. a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by fadenike(f): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2008
Baby, what as be keeping you waiting till now about the guy? and on what does your relationship base? please go back to God and ask him who the guy really is to you. He may just be ordinary friend but if he is your divine Husband then u need to join Himin serious prayer to find out if there is any spiritual war against his destiny.

please take this serious and you will be enlighten.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by yimiton(f): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2008
This is definitely going to be a very difficult decision to make because you have spent so much time and energy building up this relationship and thinking things will improve.
As difficult as this may be, it's time to move on. Free your mind and yourself and feel the fresh breath of love.
I know you must be thinking that what if you move on and he suddenly gets that dream job, what if he suddenly becomes responsible, tell you what sister, they don't change that easily.
I sincerly think you must save yourself from this bondage.
You must pray and pray very hard to get detached from this guy and start all over again.
May the Good Lord be your strenght. You'll need it.
Re: Ten Years Of Relationship But No Marriage by bolakale1(f): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2008
hi guys,i wont lie to you dating experince differs, 4years could be too long for some and maybe too short for some,
long dating has its advantage and has its disadvantages too,but to me i feel the disadvantages surpasses the advantages,
i dated my former boyfriend for 4 1/2 years and today we are no more,we actually broke up this year,and i have a sister who dated her boyfriend for over 7years and the relationship broke up after 7years,and so many of them like that meanwhile i have a family friend who dated theirselves for close to 10years,from their secondary school days and through out their university days and are married now,it works for some and does not work for others,i have a friend who met the husband just this year and they are married now and she is proving to be having the best man in the world,i don't believe there is enough time or years to understudy a person,people can change at anytime even a marriage of 50years when you ask the two parties involved,they will have stories to tell about their man or woman on the changes in theirselves after some years,i am not trying to be spiritual but i think its just God that handles relationship not human beings,its not our doing i strongly discourage long term relationship now, because it causes so many damages in the life of the female partners,you can hardly find a relationship that does not involve sex after the 1st month of meeting and at a point it leads into unsafe sex and then most times ladies take in and they have to go for d and cs over and over just because the guy is not ready for marriage,still claiming to be studying the lady,well its all bull-shit,sorry for the long story,but its realy sad that at the end of 4years a woman looses out in a relationship and by then she has is 4years older and people who had interest in her during that period and who would have married her have come and gone abeg make i know talk again it only pays for men not for women,our own nyt dey quick come pass man own

[quote][/quote]

we have have disclosed a similar topic and this was my reply to that topic,well my sister i wont lie to you they are so many things we dont see with our ordinary eyes,if you dont leave that relationship you will not realise so many things,i have been a victim before,ask God if the guy is realy for if he is then go ahead but i wont lie to you,i wish i could see you and talk to you seriously and i am sure if we finish talking you will get so many lessons from me,i prayed to God and i wont lie to you someone asked for my heart on the 1st and funny enough we are planning already to get married,yu will think he is th guy i have been dating since that four and half years,abeg woman no get time for their side o,i hope you know that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Girls Lie That They Don't Like Sex (Pic) / I Have A Fiancee But I Impregnated Another Girl / Our Prayers With The Pussyhunter At The Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.