Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953304 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dadahood882: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
Heyy..people..all my sure oga's @d top,pls I need ur professional information nd advice abt schoolin in finland..am v intrestd but I want to no my way around,d actual cost it wld take from nigeria and how to go about it 4rm d scratch..
Have been following the thread to try to find out myslf necessary details,but it's v hard,considerin d fact that there ar soo many comments.got me lost..
I no this is a v hard tin to ask considerin that some of u ppl are v busy and working hard.but pleas would really help if u help a brother out..
Would b greatful if you could communicate tru email,if possible..mine is lincon882@gmail.com.
Plss any of the bosses and oga's should pls help.nigeria wnts to faustrate my soul,i just need wer I can afford a masters program for my slf.tank u.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
dadahood882:
Heyy..people..all my sure oga's @d top,pls I need ur professional information nd advice abt schoolin in finland..am v intrestd but I want to no my way around,d actual cost it wld take from nigeria and how to go about it 4rm d scratch..
Have been following the thread to try to find out myslf necessary details,but it's v hard,considerin d fact that there ar soo many comments.got me lost..
I no this is a v hard tin to ask considerin that some of u ppl are v busy and working hard.but pleas would really help if u help a brother out..
Would b greatful if you could communicate tru email,if possible..mine is lincon882@gmail.com.
Plss any of the bosses and oga's should pls help.nigeria wnts to faustrate my soul,i just need wer I can afford a masters program for my slf.tank u.

Bros read d thread from first page all d info u need are in d thread
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
tyea but some departments also offer phd positions. so thats another option for those interested

ooluseyipa:

So the best bet is to get educated dere and leave d country to anoda beta place.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
sureb0y:

@inufele how u take pay the 102 euro HYY fee? That thing give me tough time as I no get domiciliary account. Na just Monday my cousin help me pay from the UK.

Chief na one of my guy pay for me O for Finland. Even if you want to use dom account the charges self go pass the money wey you can transfer
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 3:31am On Jun 05, 2015
sirkezman:
tyea but some departments also offer phd positions. so thats another option for those interested

oga sirkezman, abeg after providin my employment letter, pay slip and my savings bank statment for three month, do I still need 2 provide salary account (note dat I av no money in it presently)? can I go ahead and submit witout it and hp dey won't later ask 4 it? No vex say my question 2 much boss..tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2015
yeas you should if you have it. since you get paid into the account, it will help your appplication

billydragon:
oga sirkezman, abeg after providin my employment letter, pay slip and my savings bank statment for three month, do I still need 2 provide salary account (note dat I av no money in it presently)? can I go ahead and submit witout it and hp dey won't later ask 4 it? No vex say my question 2 much boss..tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2015
In as much as d Finnish embassy may nt b as strict as their counterparts, UK nd yanke, I think it's better to b prepared for d uncertainty. based on that, I wish to ask likely documents one could tender to prove one's tie to her home country especially if one z unemployed nd have no property(ies)
Pls veterans in d house should help. One love!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2015
get a good sponsor, with landed properties. add the C of O to your documents.

ogompaul:
In as much as d Finnish embassy may nt b as strict as their counterparts, UK nd yanke, I think it's better to b prepared for d uncertainty. based on that, I wish to ask likely documents one could tender to prove one's tie to her home country especially if one z unemployed nd have no property(ies)
Pls veterans in d house should help. One love!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
olabode89:

Bros read d thread from first page all d info u need are in d thread

Seriously, we have to stop this read from page 0 thingy. Do we realize that this thread is now up to 110 pages? I started using glasses after I did that last year (JK).

Please for the sake of new comers, so they dont get discouraged and all, someone with deep and accurate knowledge should spare some time and lay the procedures down. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
get discouraged? i dont get. thats like saying the well is too deep so u cant get water. apparently it shows u are not thirsty enough. it wont take more than 5 or 10 mins to go through it and get your necessary information. people shouldnt be lazy

WhyNa:

Seriously, we have to stop this read from page 0 thingy. Do we realize that this thread is now up to 110 pages? I started using glasses after I did that last year (JK).

Please for the sake of new comers, so they dont get discouraged and all, someone with deep and accurate knowledge should spare some time and lay the procedures down. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
sirkezman:
get discouraged? i dont get. thats like saying the well is too deep so u cant get water. apparently it shows u are not thirsty enough. it wont take more than 5 or 10 mins to go through it and get your necessary information. people shouldnt be lazy

5-10 mins? I seriously doubt that. I am trying to speak for the new ones here, its not a matter of being lazy (though I know some are) but it really is not easy reading from page one. JS
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
its about glancing through and getting the info they need. you cant spend half an hour without getting everything

WhyNa:

5-10 mins? I seriously doubt that. I am trying to speak for the new ones here, its not a matter of being lazy (though I know some are) but it really is not easy read from page one. JS
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
sirkezman:
its about glancing through and getting the info they need. you cant spend half an hour without getting everything

Ok boss. I rest my case
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
sirkezman:
get a good sponsor, with landed properties. add the C of O to your documents.

like my dad's properties will do because he's my sponsor, Again, my Dad has a company registered with CAC nd I'm of the director just dat wen we were abt executing our very first contract my dad fell ill nd we lost d contract nd since then, we had hardly do anything with d company, thus, haven't paid the tax for about four years now. can I still use the documents as prove?
Again, wat about landed properties dat are yet to be registered with the ministry hence no C of O, just the agreement, can it still be used?
and any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sirkezman, adebasket, billydragon and all other bosses....
Please I need to know how to merge my scanned documents into one attachment, preferably pdf.
My SOA was for 6months, hope say no wahala dey...

I want to merge so as to upload as a single attachment. I prefer pdf. That's Why I'm seeking una professional help.

Though powerpoint can do it, but the MB go pass required max of 2MB.

Awaiting ur replies.

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Cmanforall:
Please I need to know how to merge my scanned documents into one attachment, preferably pdf.

I want to merge so as to upload as a single attachment. I prefer pdf. That's Why I'm seeking una professional help.

Awaiting ur replies.

Thanks

download acrobat pdf merger. u can use it to add or remove pdf. u can as well go to business centre, ask dem to scan d documents together for u.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2015
my heroes in d house, am a bit confuse here, i read this from 'required document' in aalto website that only d transcript posted directly from onez previous uni to them ll b accepted and proceeded.

my plan is to apply to different school in fi. so how do i ask my school to post transcript to all these school am planning to apply to?

please help a brother out
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
Growingboi:

download acrobat pdf merger. u can use it to add or remove pdf. u can as well go to business centre, ask dem to scan d documents together for u.

Thanks bro.

Went to a business and the lady there no sabi am...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
Cmanforall:

Thanks bro.
Went to a business and the lady there no sabi am...
if u r in lagos, follow m signature so dat i can help u out

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by czarxxx(m): 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
how will i apply for this HOAS accommodation thing brosses oo cos i am new here. Indeed, i ve read all ur contributions on this thread and they are fascinating. However, HOAS requires social security number to apply for an accommodation in Helsinki, but for naija here, me no sure say i don hear say naija dey get. Naija no be US. Abeg who understand this panya for this place cos son of man just confuse ni oo. I got Helsinki's admission. pks help oo!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
WhyNa:

I did that about two to 3 pages ago....

Reading other peeps comments and experiences helps alot.

I spent 4hrs at night to read from first page to page 45 when i joined d thread Last year November.
Going through the thread prevents questions like..... how do i go about this finland admission. Any some questions that have been flogged and answered zillions of times.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
Growingboi:
my heroes in d house, am a bit confuse here, i read this from 'required document' in aalto website that only d transcript posted directly from onez previous uni to them ll b accepted and proceeded.

my plan is to apply to different school in fi. so how do i ask my school to post transcript to all these school am planning to apply to?

please help a brother out

Go to d transcript office at your school they are experienced with sending of transcripts.

Yes, you need to send 1 transcript for every program u are applying to. Even if u are applying to same sch.

So five programs/courses, five transcripts.

Also ensure that d envelop in which d transcript is put into is properly sealed and d back flap is stamped properly by ur University .

If u have enough funds...send ur transcript using a courier service provider e.g DHL, UPS, etc.

If u are having some cash flow issues.... send ur documents on time using NIPOST REGISTERED MAIL OR EMS SPEEDPOST.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
olabode89:

Go to d transcript office at your school they are experienced with sending of transcripts.

Yes, you need to send 1 transcript for every program u are applying to. Even if u are applying to same sch.

So five programs/courses, five transcripts.

Also ensure that d envelop in which d transcript is put into is properly sealed and d back flap is stamped properly by ur University .

If u have enough funds...send ur transcript using a courier service provider e.g DHL, UPS, etc.

If u are having some cash flow issues.... send ur documents on time using NIPOST REGISTERED MAIL OR EMS SPEEDPOST.

thank you brother. i knw dat i ll go to my school to get the sealed envelop. bt must the school send it themselves, cant i get it frm the school and send it myself alongside with other documents for d application?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
olabode89:

I did that about two to 3 pages ago....

Reading other peeps comments and experiences helps alot.

I spent 4hrs at night to read from first page to page 45 when i joined d thread Last year November.
Going through the thread prevents questions like..... how do i go about this finland admission. Any some questions that have been flogged and answered zillions of times.

Good. You spent 4hr just to go through 45 pages. I went through the same thing last year too. Spent more hours than you did and believe you me, it's not good for the eyes. That you went through it doesn't mean every other newbie should go through it to 'earn' their place. Just saying though. I've dropped the matter so please don't quote me again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
Growingboi:

thank you brother. i knw dat i ll go to my school to get the sealed envelop. bt must the school send it themselves, cant i get it frm the school and send it myself alongside with other documents for d application?

If you do it that way, they are likely gonna ask you to resend the transcript(from your school).
Anyway, Let other bosses comment.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
WhyNa:

Good. You spent 4hr just to go through 45 pages. I went through the same thing last year too. Spent more hours than you did and believe you me, it's not good for the eyes. That you went through it doesn't mean every other newbie should go through it to 'earn' their place. Just saying though. I've dropped the matter so please don't quote me again.

waoooh..... seriously... You are taking this issue too far.

And if i quote u....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Growingboi:

It should be sent by your school that is part of d requirement. I actually know someone that collect from his school and sent it himself. The trick is that, you need to fill in the name of ur school and the principal officer as sender.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
Cmanforall:

Awaiting ur replies.

Thanks

If u have access to a scanner, set the scanner to "continuous scanning mode" or "build mode" then reduce the resolution......Tada!! You are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
transcripts must come from directly from the school. it wont be accepted if it wasnt sent from the school

Growingboi:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
czarxxx:
how will i apply for this HOAS accommodation thing brosses oo cos i am new here. Indeed, i ve read all ur contributions on this thread and they are fascinating. However, HOAS requires social security number to apply for an accommodation in Helsinki, but for naija here, me no sure say i don hear say naija dey get. Naija no be US. Abeg who understand this panya for this place cos son of man just confuse ni oo. I got Helsinki's admission. pks help oo!!!

Anywhere they are asking for social security number, just enter your date of birth, simple. Which of the campuses are u?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
Cmanforall:

Awaiting ur replies.

Thanks

Its much easier on android to do, just scan all your documents page by page to .jpg(much lighter) you only need two apps:

1. Docstopdf - converts .jpg to .pdf
2. Pdfmerge - it helps you to merge all your .pdf files anyhow you want, you even add and deleted whatever page you want from that single file .pdf and its very light

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:45am On Jun 06, 2015
sirkezman:
yeas you should if you have it. since you get paid into the account, it will help your appplication

boss, d tin is, salary no enter d acc for almost six month na cash we dey collect as I av said ealier. hop dis won t raise a red flag?? Dats y I don't want 2 include it....my boss has release my employment letter yesterdy(tank God)and hopefully my pay slip will b ready by monday..can't I jus come out clean to dem dat dey pay me in cash??

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.