Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (952673 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2015
sureb0y:
I don show again. Finally money don complete. 1.6m in my acct. All deposited in bits, 250, 200, 150, 90, 30, 265k etc in family members' names. Omo, there are no documents to prove source of income o. Na just word of mouth I get. My interview is in 3 weeks. My main concern is this source of funds parole. Am I good to go or I still need to form source of funds? I don't want to use any non authentic documents. Please suggest something if u think I'm not good to go.

Secondly, insurance. Aiico and Mutual numbers no dey go. I wan call them first before I begin go their office. Has anyone secured insurance? If yes... which and how much?

Finally... omo, I no wan do oversabi hence I don't want to pile my application up with irrelevant documents. Are we to send the passport with the documents via courier to Abuja? Or just take it to the interview?

Abeg make una answer me. Sorry my wahala is too much. I'm just trying to submit a close to perfect application.

Mutual benefit....31,500 go dem office for Ilupeju. tell d receptionist say u wan do Travel insurance.... na sharp sharp things
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
olabode89:

Mutual benefit....31,500 go dem office for Ilupeju. tell d receptionist say u wan do Travel insurance.... na sharp sharp things

Please be careful ohhh....u r not supposed to get travel insurance ohhh....it's medical insurance
travel insurance insures Ur property from any theft....or u in a situation there is an accident during Ur travelling or u r repatriated.
medical insurance covers u on all heath related accidents during Ur stay in a foreign land...please tell them health insurance...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
anthochie:

Please be careful ohhh....u r not supposed to get travel insurance ohhh....it's medical insurance
travel insurance insures Ur property from any theft....or u in a situation there is an accident during Ur travelling or u r repatriated.
medical insurance covers u on all heath related accidents during Ur stay in a foreign land...please tell them health insurance...

It is actually health insurance.... made a mistake.
It is Clearly stated on the certificate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
olabode89:

Lol..thought as much....no p....Howz the hussle going naaa
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
olabode89:

boss, its travel insurance aiico wrote on my certificate oo...shey no wahala b dis?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=billydragon post=34357913]boss, its travel insurance aiico wrote on my certificate oo...shey no wahala b dis?[/quo

If you look properly u will see that it covers medical expenses too.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
sirkezman:
wch kin document? the thing is, the immigration will review all your documents, and ask you for clarification where necessary. you will also have to send your statement of account twice.. but dont worry.. they can't see a document not yet submitted

tanx boss...............pls boss, i need ur view on dis, am in a serious mess rite nw, my company is realy given me tough time at d moment concerning my docs..my MD is out the country and instructed the HR not to release any doc atall for any staff cos of a major fraud dat happen recently in d office...no pay slip yet and even employment letter has been retrieved. everybody is on probation....i ws not even involve in d fraud o and d guy jus dey para for evrybody...talk of one man business... embarassed no sponsor bt i get money for bank...d koko nw is i work part time in anoda company and dey are ready to giv me all d document bt d problem is d money i earn there is jus 32k since its a part time job and i av been doin it for 4 yrs nw...i pray make d guy come bk dis week so i can explain tins to him bt if he doesnt, can i go ahead to use dis docs and can visa b approve wit jus 32k as salary?note dat i dont av sponsor and i cant even get one nw,,my interview is in three weeks.., pls ur view on dis will b highly appreciated boss...oda bosses, i need ur contribution 2..tanx

@olabode, dats tru....tanx...

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by anthochie: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
billydragon:
tanx boss...............pls boss, i need ur view on dis, am in a serious mess rite nw, my company is realy given me tough time at d moment concerning my docs..my MD is out the country and instructed the HR not to release any doc atall for any staff cos of a major fraud dat happen recently in d office...no pay slip yet and even employment letter has been retrieved. everybody is on probation....i ws not even involve in d fraud o and d guy jus dey para for evrybody...talk of one man business... embarassed no sponsor bt i get money for bank...d koko nw is i work part time in anoda company and dey are ready to giv me all d document bt d problem is d money i earn there is jus 32k since its a part time job and i av been doin it for 4 yrs nw...i pray make d guy come bk dis week so i can explain tins to him bt if he doesnt, can i go ahead to use dis docs and can visa b approve wit jus 32k as salary?note dat i dont av sponsor and i cant even get one nw,,my interview is in three weeks.., pls ur view on dis will b highly appreciated boss...oda bosses, i need ur contribution 2..tanx

Go ahead and use it...provide a one year bank statement....and payslips....As long as u have the required sum for a year...and there is evidence of how u came about the sum....U r safe. What they check is the fact that the money is available when u get to Finland....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
hmm.. if i understand you correctly, you have the funds in your bank account but having problems with pay slips and employment letter. when you get paid at the end of the month, are you paid in cash or through bank transfer? if its through bank transfer, is it in the name of the company? if it is, then there is no problem. if your boss doesn't come back in time, go and do oluwole employment letter. state your salary ( as it is in ur account) and indicate that there is no pay slip since its a one man business. you should be fine with that.. using that one of 32k no go work o. if u r the one to review the documents, wont u raise a red flag if someone's salary is like 160 euro and u need a balance of 6720?

billydragon:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
sirkezman:
hmm.. if i understand you correctly, you have the funds in your bank account but having problems with pay slips and employment letter. when you get paid at the end of the month, are you paid in cash or through bank transfer? if its through bank transfer, is it in the name of the company? if it is, then there is no problem. if your boss doesn't come back in time, go and do oluwole employment letter. state your salary ( as it is in ur account) and indicate that there is no pay slip since its a one man business. you should be fine with that.. using that one of 32k no go work o. if u r the one to review the documents, wont u raise a red flag if someone's salary is like 160 euro and u need a balance of 6720?

yes boss, i have d fund in my savings acc not my salary account....na 10k dey ma salary acc nw ...my MD pays somtimes in bank and at times by hand, most especially if d salary is delayed, which has been happenin for almost six months nw....d man does anytin dat pleases him wheneva he likes..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2015
billydragon:

Well...the 32k stuff isn't an option. Cos it doesn't add up to 6720, like oga sirkezman stated.

Just chill....then if the guy comes back in time, hopefully he will oblige.

All they want to see is that, the monthly salary u claim u earn can be found on ur bank statement on a monthly basis with ur company's name as depositor. Employment letter and payslips are just backup documents. U can always come up with a letter... and also say the company doesn't issue pay slips. But still try to get them, it can hasten ur decision. Dont u have a scanned copy of the letter. Cos u could just do a colored printing and u will be fine.
Cheers!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2015
well, i suggest you go ahead with your application and clarify how you got the funds in your account and attach the documents you have at the moment. some weeks after you visit the embassy, you will be asked to send your statement of account again and other documents, by then you can send your employment letter and pay slips if available. i believe your boss shd be back in the country before then.. unless na thailand he go and dem don catch am..

billydragon:
yes boss, i have d fund in my savings acc not my salary account....na 10k dey ma salary acc nw ...my MD pays somtimes in bank and at times by hand, most especially if d salary is delayed, which has been happenin for almost six months nw....d man does anytin dat pleases him wheneva he likes..

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ezekielibeh: 8:14am On Jun 03, 2015
una no dey try......I need info jor
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2015
Ezekielibeh:

Seriously

You read from the first page?

This thread is most useful for MSc. aspirants though.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2015
all the info you need is here.. dont be lazy. go through the pages.. start from page 1.

Ezekielibeh:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 10:20am On Jun 03, 2015
Hello my people! All bosses I hail O!

Please help me check my story to the embassy, I have N1.8m in my account now, 320k, 290k 220k and 130k are all in the deposited in the name of my siblings, like 600k in different fractions at different days came in from my sponsor's account. So the rest are transfers from my other account and cash deposits in my name.

My story behind it is: I won a scholarship of N600k ( N150k/session) during my undergrad. For real I did and event still have my award letter and acceptance notice.
The scholarship wasn't paid as at when due, so many time it was paid in Arrears, so I felt it was best that I invest it in my siblings businesses with the agreement between us just being verbal no paper work. I completed my youth service last year. So when pulled out my investment from their businesses those are the amount I got.

So what do you think people, is it believable, any red flag?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2015
Pls bosses in the house. I have till monday to perfect my papers. I have a sponsor whose salary is 216k per month and every quarter he collects 516k per quarter. so I ve his payslips, employment letter, statement of acct, international passport. From my end I have my statement of acct,all other doc, with my employment letter.
Pls I want to ask, am I good to go?
I will be moving all my money from my acct to the recommended bank acct that d embassy give us.
Am I okay like that?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
I wan put forward one argument. If Mr A. Is going to the embassy with the story that he's been working for years, he is self sponsored and he has saved 6720 euros. There'll be the issue of having to work in Finland to raise money for the second year. Because, he's leaving his job and the only source of income is going to seize when he leaves Nigeria. The best way is to prove that there's a baba isale willing to sponsor him. This baba isale must have made the first 6720 euros readily available to Mr A after which there must also be proof that the Baba isale has enough money + a constant source of income to also clear the second year.

All they want to know is that you'll be able to pay for both years without having to work in Finland cos na that recourse to public funds/working in their country be the headache for them. This is what I've been thinking, well... it's just an opinion. U can criticise it.

Best shot: to show them a figure head who's financially stable to cater for the expenses for both years by proving that he has given the applicant the first 6720 euros (which the applicant must have access to) and also that he's going to provide the money for the second year.

My friend was denied a uk visa based on this, na why I say make I write am. cheesy

Personally, i'm unemployed... na story I wan use for dem. 50/50.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
Just to add, those visa officers no get juju, they only need coherence in our application(s).

Why are u leaving nigeria when u have a stable job and u're earning well? Why study abroad when u can easily get the same degree at a cheaper rate in Nigeria? This sponsor of yours... what's in it for him? Why's he sponsoring you?

They're looking for 1 reason to deny the application and not the 1 thousand reasons to grant the residence permit. So, before we go for interview, make we sef do constructive criticism. If u have 99 reasons to be granted the permit, they'll deny it when they find 1 flaw and quicly point to section something subsection whatever as a reason for the denial.

Those oyinbos no dey get sense.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
ooluseyipa:
Pls bosses in the house. I have till monday to perfect my papers. I have a sponsor whose salary is 216k per month and every quarter he collects 516k per quarter. so I ve his payslips, employment letter, statement of acct, international passport. From my end I have my statement of acct,all other doc, with my employment letter.
Pls I want to ask, am I good to go?
I will be moving all my money from my acct to the recommended bank acct that d embassy give us.
Am I okay like that?

I personally think this is okay. E go just remain to convince them that u're coming back to naija after two years. U fit get job offer wey go state say upon completion of ur studies, u'll be coming back to take up the position of... in... company. Na just suggestion o. We're both applicants, na to just rub minds. I no be migri employee.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
sureb0y:

I personally think this is okay. E go just remain to convince them that u're coming back to naija after two years. U fit get job offer wey go state say upon completion of ur studies, u'll be coming back to take up the position of... in... company. Na just suggestion o. We're both applicants, na to just rub minds. I no be migri employee.

@ sureboy,i know that very well. I like ur write up, that is exactly what they wnt to see.
About the coming back job,i don't know ow I can get that. But if I am okay wth this,no issue.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
sureb0y:

Finland peeps no take life as hard as dem US, UK and Canada peeps.... all dem need na for u to prove say u get enough funds for your first year. Them no say a lot of peeps go find work and there is a provision for that in the residence permit ... 25hrs per week for per time work and no limit during the summer.

If dem want all does prove dem go ask for EUR6,720 multiplied by 2.

Na my observation be that and based on feedback from peeps wey I know wey dey FI. Finland peeps like documentation and logical flow of things.

1. Prove beyond reasonable doubt say u get enough funds for 1 year.
2. Provide all compulsory docs (health insurance, bank statement with EUR6,720, valid passport etc.)

If you read up some stuffs on migri website, you will notice that there is a 6 months period after graduation for one to search for job opportunities. E no b like UK wey wan dey sure say person go come back. I don't think migri takes the home ties issh serious.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
olabode89:

Finland peeps no take life as hard as dem US, UK and Canada peeps.... all dem need na for u to prove say u get enough funds for your first year. Them no say a lot of peeps go find work and there is a provision for that in the residence permit ... 25hrs per week for per time work and no limit during the summer.

If dem want all does prove dem go ask for EUR6,720 multiplied by 2.

Na my observation be that and based on feedback from peeps wey I know wey dey FI. Finland peeps like documentation and logical flow of things.

1. Prove beyond reasonable doubt say u get enough funds for 1 year.
2. Provide all compulsory docs (health insurance, bank statement with EUR6,720, valid passport etc.)

If you read up some stuffs on migri website, you will notice that there is a 6 months period after graduation for one to search for job opportunities. E no b like UK wey wan dey sure say person go come back. I don't think migri takes the home ties issh serious.

On this note, I guess we're all good to go. smiley smiley smiley e be like say na only me dey go university of helsinki for here. sad there is God o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
sirkezman:
well, i suggest you go ahead with your application and clarify how you got the funds in your account and attach the documents you have at the moment. some weeks after you visit the embassy, you will be asked to send your statement of account again and other documents, by then you can send your employment letter and pay slips if available. i believe your boss shd be back in the country before then.. unless na thailand he go and dem don catch am..

lol@thailand......tanx boss for the advice...i appreciate it alot...

@oga iceberg,i dont have d scan copy... tanx so much for ur input too. will do as u say boss..

@anthochie, tanx boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
sureb0y:

On this note, I guess we're all good to go. smiley smiley smiley e be like say na only me dey go university of helsinki for here. sad there is God o.

I am too, what faculty are u at? Am in sciences Kumpula Campus
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
loool.. finland no need all these stories. no be yankee nah.. and no, they do not want to deny you. just give them all the necessary documents and you are good to go. the interview will just be a form for u to fill. nothing more.. unlike yankee and UK, all applicants have like 70% chance of being granted..

sureb0y:
Just to add, those visa officers no get juju, they only need coherence in our application(s).

Why are u leaving nigeria when u have a stable job and u're earning well? Why study abroad when u can easily get the same degree at a cheaper rate in Nigeria? This sponsor of yours... what's in it for him? Why's he sponsoring you?

They're looking for 1 reason to deny the application and not the 1 thousand reasons to grant the residence permit. So, before we go for interview, make we sef do constructive criticism. If u have 99 reasons to be granted the permit, they'll deny it when they find 1 flaw and quicly point to section something subsection whatever as a reason for the denial.

Those oyinbos no dey get sense.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2015
Inufele1:

I am too, what faculty are u at? Am in sciences Kumpula Campus

Social science (city centre campus)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 04, 2015
sirkezman:
loool.. finland no need all these stories. no be yankee nah.. and no, they do not want to deny you. just give them all the necessary documents and you are good to go. the interview will just be a form for u to fill. nothing more.. unlike yankee and UK, all applicants have like 70% chance of being granted..

No vex bro lol... those embassy people don show my padis shege, that's why I'm kinda doing a self-critique of my application thinking: if even me no believe my story as an optimist, the pessimistic visa officer no go believe. Anyway, i'm currently typing from mutual benefits assurance. Na one year insurance be 31k. That's what I went for. 60k for two years. Dem dey mad. cheesy after this, I'm good to go. cheesy

@inufele how u take pay the 102 euro HYY fee? That thing give me tough time as I no get domiciliary account. Na just Monday my cousin help me pay from the UK.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2015
yea i understand. Due to the large number of illegal immigrants, thats why UK and Yankee de very strict cuz they believe most people no go wan go back to their country, but here, to get job as a legal immigrant sef na die, now imagine if u come be illegal.. u dig.. but its all good. with good story line abt the funding and no problem with the documents, then you are good to go

sureb0y:

No vex bro lol... those embassy people don show my padis shege, that's why I'm kinda doing a self-critique of my application thinking: if even me no believe my story as an optimist, the pessimistic visa officer no go believe. Anyway, i'm currently typing from mutual benefits assurance. Na one year insurance be 31k. That's what I went for. 60k for two years. Dem dey mad. cheesy after this, I'm good to go. cheesy

@inufele how u take pay the 102 euro HYY fee? That thing give me tough time as I no get domiciliary account. Na just Monday my cousin help me pay from the UK.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
sirkezman:
yea i understand. Due to the large number of illegal immigrants, thats why UK and Yankee de very strict cuz they believe most people no go wan go back to their country, but here, to get job as a legal immigrant sef na die, now imagine if u come be illegal.. u dig.. but its all good. with good story line abt the funding and no problem with the documents, then you are good to go

Oga,re u saying getting job is hard? After masters degree?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
lol.. very hard.. but not impossible.. some ppl even settle eventually for menial jobs after masters

ooluseyipa:

Oga,re u saying getting job is hard? After masters degree?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
sirkezman:
lol.. very hard.. but not impossible.. some ppl even settle eventually for menial jobs after masters

So the best bet is to get educated dere and leave d country to anoda beta place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.