Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953329 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2015
i hail boys for here o. this account stuff na wahala o.

i don get all docs ready o. just waiting for dates to come

abeg this visa fees na 61k, and we use the account number on the docs or we pay at the embassy. i never upload on eservivces o

abeg correct me if am wrong o. docs to be uploaded on eservices

Mine : Admission Letter, Passport, Passport photograph, Waec Certificate, Statement of Account(3months), Health issurance

Sponsor : Passport, Letter of Introduction, Statement of Account(6months)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2015
adebasket97:
i hail boys for here o. this account stuff na wahala o.

i don get all docs ready o. just waiting for dates to come

abeg this visa fees na 61k, and we use the account number on the docs or we pay at the embassy. i never upload on eservivces o

abeg correct me if am wrong o. docs to be uploaded on eservices

Mine : Admission Letter, Passport, Passport photograph, Waec Certificate, Statement of Account(3months), Health issurance

Sponsor : Passport, Letter of Introduction, Statement of Account(6months)

Residence Permit fee for electronic application is 67K which you will pay to Standard Chartered Bank. The bank details will be sent to you when u book your appointment with the embassy. You will have to present the deposit slip at the embassy.

You will also need documents that will support the source of your sponsors income....pay slips, letter of employment, balance sheet and P & L statements of company, CAC registration form, etc.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Growingboi:

thank you brother. i knw dat i ll go to my school to get the sealed envelop. bt must the school send it themselves, cant i get it frm the school and send it myself alongside with other documents for d application?

The Transcript can only be sent with the certified copy of ur BSc degree which can be certified by ur University.

To be on the safe side and to prevent rejection of your transcript, I will advise you leave the sending of your transcript to be done by your University.

Before you even talk about transcript you need to do the following.
1. Search on www.studyinfinland.fi for schools and MSc programs that are offered in English.
2. Select courses/schools that you will like to apply to.
3. Visit the university's website, review and understand the requirements.
4. Decide on the Test if English Language that you will sit for. Pick one out of IELTS, TOEFL or PTE Academic
5. Pass the Test of English Language.... Min score required for MSc application for IELTS is usually 6.5 and for PTE 54 or 62.
6. Get all necessary docs required for your application, notarized/certified certificates (BSc degree and WAEC), motivation letter, transcript etc.
7. Certificates can be notarized at any high court in the country.... did mine for 70 naira per copy at Ikeja High Court.
8.Wait for application period to commence and ensure that you send all required documents to the school or UAF (if UAF us in charge) in good time.

.....You can go through the thread for more info.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2015
olabode89:

Residence Permit fee for electronic application is 67K which you will pay to Standard Chartered Bank. The bank details will be sent to you when u book your appointment with the embassy. You will have to present the deposit slip at the embassy.

You will also need documents that will support the source of your sponsors income....pay slips, letter of employment, balance sheet and P & L statements of company, CAC registration form, etc.

My sponsor is the owner of the company o. No Payslips, no balance sheet o and whats P AND L? and whats up with the result checking card?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2015
olabode89:

The Transcript can only be sent with the certified copy of ur BSc degree which can be certified by ur University.

To be on the safe side and to prevent rejection of your transcript, I will advise you leave the sending of your transcript to be done by your University.

1. Search on www.studyinfinland.fi for schools and MSc programs that are offered in English.
4. Decide on the Test if English Language that you will sit for. Pick one out of IELTS, TOEFL or PTE Academic
5. Pass the Test of English Language.... Min score required for MSc application for IELTS is usually 6.5 and for PTE 54 or 62.
6. Get all necessary docs required for your application, notarized/certified certificates (BSc degree and WAEC), motivation letter, transcript etc.
7. Certificates can be notarized at any high court in the country.... did mine for 70 naira per copy at Ikeja High Court.
8.Wait for application period to commence and ensure that you send all required documents to the school or UAF (if UAF us in charge) in good time.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2015
sirkezman:
bro go book nah.. na july date u go get now.. and i doubt if you can come before sept first. just book first and the rest go sort out itself. about the DL.. i have no idea o.. but u shd b able to change it here once u get in before it expires

bros i don get july 8 o. i just hope dm go dash me RP before sept 1st

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2015
yes you can... better wv a letter headed paper of the company

billydragon:
boss, d tin is, salary no enter d acc for almost six month na cash we dey collect as I av said ealier. hop dis won t raise a red flag?? Dats y I don't want 2 include it....my boss has release my employment letter yesterdy(tank God)and hopefully my pay slip will b ready by monday..can't I jus come out clean to dem dat dey pay me in cash??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2015
july 8... paper or online?

adebasket97:
bros i don get july 8 o. i just hope dm go dash me RP before sept 1st
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:57am On Jun 06, 2015
adebasket97:

My sponsor is the owner of the company o. No Payslips, no balance sheet o and whats P AND L? and whats up with the result checking card?

You should include the result checking card in the package that will be sent to the embassy.

P and L.... Statement of Profit or Loss account
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:58am On Jun 06, 2015
profit and loss...
adebasket97:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2015
sirkezman:
july 8... paper or online?
online sire
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:03am On Jun 06, 2015
Iss this P and L and balance sheet compulsory?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2015
God bless u brother.
I hv read thru d thread and i v concluded plans to apply to aalto, TUT and LUT(if tuition fees nt introduced ). and to do a notary public in ikeja at N50 per copy. i v started preparation for ielts(bought study materials at british council, ikoyi) . application starts 1st December.

please, which month should i ask my school to send the transcript so as to get there by December considering delay and other factors and if Tuition fees is introduced, which country ll u suggest as plan B for me?

olabode89:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:57am On Jun 06, 2015
ok.. be hopeful

adebasket97:

online sire
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stepo707: 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
olabode89:

Please i intend doing mkine on tuesday next week and someone said its 200naira at ikeja hihh court,do you have the contact of the person that did yours for 70bucks or at least give me direction to where i can do it for that price?
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TheOneandOnly: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
sureb0y:
For the first time in my life, i'll suggest a bit of oversabi. If u're motivated and u think u have a big chance of this whole Finland ish... you need to start considering learning their language. Apart from d cold weather, the language is gonna be another heck of a challenge (cos dey keep saying without it, u won't get sensible jobs). Omo... that language hard! you go dey see/hear things like abokiqukkumenooonigrepyuka. Long as it is, it could just mean "rice". Imagine knowing about 700 to 1000 words already before September or being able to say simple things like "una get cold Orijin for there?" in Finnish before u land for deir country. Think about it cos u go fit get better work wen u land to be able to afford a good life. Their language hard mehn.

I'm not a Nigerian but still from another part of Africa with an admission letter to study in Kuopio. But i like this thread, read it from the first page to the last and i have gotten a lot of info especially about the residence permit application. Though our currencies might be different, but the procedure is more of the same and i've been able to see that the source of the funds in your account is the main question the Finnish embassies look at. Great info, it's the only thread that i have found so far discussing about studying in Finland so i thought i might just gate crush. Hope my Nigerian brothers would not be mad at me. But it's this word 'abokiqukkumenooonigrepyuka' on this post that made me laugh. hahaha. Someone said it's Finnish for Rice. hahahaha. I actually needed advise about finding work opportunities in areas outside Helsinki such as Kuopio, Vaasa, Oulu, Tampere, Joensuu, and whether the part time work while studying will be enough to raise 6720 Euros for the second year studies. I've seen different posts talking about the difficulties in Finding work if you can speak Finnish but none focused on the City of Kuopio. Anyone who can give me an analysis of the work situation in Kuopio City? Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
stepo707:

Please i intend doing mkine on tuesday next week and someone said its 200naira at ikeja hihh court,do you have the contact of the person that did yours for 70bucks or at least give me direction to where i can do it for that price?
Thanks

No.... someone mentioned that he did his own for 50 naira..... u have to be smart and if u can speak yoruba it may help speak to them ladies.... they are nicer...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
Growingboi:
God bless u brother.
I hv read thru d thread and i v concluded plans to apply to aalto, TUT and LUT(if tuition fees nt introduced ). and to do a notary public in ikeja at N50 per copy. i v started preparation for ielts(bought study materials at british council, ikoyi) . application starts 1st December.

please, which month should i ask my school to send the transcript so as to get there by December considering delay and other factors and if Tuition fees is introduced, which country ll u suggest as plan B for me?

From my knowledge Finnish instituitions won't be introducing tuition fees anytime soon. You should request ur uni to send ur transcript immediately the application period starts.

You might also want to consider Norway and Germany. Although Norway requires around 2.7M for ur upkeep for its RP processing while Germany will need you to deposit around 2M in a german bank.

What course are you looking to apply for in TUT and Aalto?
I will b attending TUT by August. Aalto was my first choice nut i was not offered a place...the course i applied for Industrial Engineering and Management requires a First class in bachelor's studies.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Growingboi:
God bless u brother.

Pls, can I get the study material for IELTS?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Good to hear that no study fee for now.
i followed Germany thread bt i quited due to language barrier n 8040 euro for RP processing.
am looking forward to applying to mech engr/mechatronics in both LUT and aalto and material engineering in TUT.
August? congrats bro. i wont mind to get ur contact (bbm or whatzapp) please cox i gat alot of questions to ask regarding application cox i had my HND in nigeria n Bachelor in South Africa.
Though sending transcripts is nt an issue for S.A university bt naija own na d koko

I remove cap boss

olabode89:

From my knowledge Finnish instituitions won't be introducing tuition fees anytime soon. You should request ur uni to send ur transcript immediately the application period starts.

You might also want to consider Norway and Germany. Although Norway requires around 2.7M for ur upkeep for its RP processing while Germany will need you to deposit around 2M in a german bank.

What course are you looking to apply for in TUT and Aalto?
I will b attending TUT by August. Aalto was my first choice nut i was not offered a place...the course i applied for Industrial Engineering and Management requires a First class in bachelor's studies.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 3:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Soyedele1:

Pls, can I get the study material for IELTS?

yea u can
go to British council, Thompson Avenue Ikoyi. It is N4k
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
Growingboi:
Good to hear that no study fee for now.
i followed Germany thread bt i quited due to language barrier n 8040 euro for RP processing.
am looking forward to applying to mech engr/mechatronics in both LUT and aalto and material engineering in TUT.
August? congrats bro. i wont mind to get ur contact (bbm or whatzapp) please cox i gat alot of questions to ask regarding application cox i had my HND in nigeria n Bachelor in South Africa.
Though sending transcripts is nt an issue for S.A university bt naija own na d koko

I remove cap boss

Lol.... leave matter for Matthias.... i got all info and assistance from this thread.

You only need to send the transcript for ur Bachelors from SA... u only need ur HND cert which is not really necessary.

Send me a mail via nairaland i will respond and we can discuss via emails.

I will prefer you ask ur questions here so other peeps in ghostmode can benefit.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
lol... Ghost viewers!! i ll always pm u if necessary boss. i need both transcripts cox d Bachelor was a continuation of HND.

all d same, thank you.

olabode89:

Lol.... leave matter for Matthias.... i got all info and assistance from this thread.

You only need to send the transcript for ur Bachelors from SA... u only need ur HND cert which is not really necessary.

Send me a mail via nairaland i will respond and we can discuss via emails.

I will prefer you ask ur questions here so other peeps in ghostmode can benefit.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sirkezman, billydragon, all the bosses... I thank you all for the contributions/assistance so far.

I hope to submit next week.
However, I'll need clarification, whether to put photocopy of payment?
Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
I plan to register for IELTS next month been July, I hope IELTS registration and exam will still be on by next month?.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
TheOneandOnly:

I'm not a Nigerian but still from another part of Africa with an admission letter to study in Kuopio. But i like this thread, read it from the first page to the last and i have gotten a lot of info especially about the residence permit application. Though our currencies might be different, but the procedure is more of the same and i've been able to see that the source of the funds in your account is the main question the Finnish embassies look at. Great info, it's the only thread that i have found so far discussing about studying in Finland so i thought i might just gate crush. Hope my Nigerian brothers would not be mad at me. But it's this word 'abokiqukkumenooonigrepyuka' on this post that made me laugh. hahaha. Someone said it's Finnish for Rice. hahahaha. I actually needed advise about finding work opportunities in areas outside Helsinki such as Kuopio, Vaasa, Oulu, Tampere, Joensuu, and whether the part time work while studying will be enough to raise 6720 Euros for the second year studies. I've seen different posts talking about the difficulties in Finding work if you can speak Finnish but none focused on the City of Kuopio. Anyone who can give me an analysis of the work situation in Kuopio City? Thank you

Which faculty in Kuopio?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
Inufele1:

Its much easier on android to do, just scan all your documents page by page to .jpg(much lighter) you only need two apps:

1. Docstopdf - converts .jpg to .pdf
2. Pdfmerge - it helps you to merge all your .pdf files anyhow you want, you even add and deleted whatever page you want from that single file .pdf and its very light

Searched for docstopdf on play store. Didn't see it in particular. (Just downloaded IMG2PDF from playstore)

I downladed a trial version of PDF merger. Used it and it worked...... BUT.... They indicated on the top page of document 'Demo version and to download blablabla...'

Can I use it like that?

Thank you boss.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
@cman4all how d thing dy go. hope u don apply for accomodation.

@ theoneandonly, welcome on board bro, whicg faculty @ kuopio?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
Inufele1:

Its much easier on android to do, just scan all your documents page by page to .jpg(much lighter) you only need two apps:

2. Pdfmerge - it helps you to merge all your .pdf files anyhow you want, you even add and deleted whatever page you want from that single file .pdf and its very light

Thanks so much bro.

I have wasted my MBs(more than 300) downloading all sorts of mergers and converters for my lappy... Not knowing that my android go do the work with little or no MB.
Just converted with my android phone.
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Inufele1:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
adebasket97:
@cman4all how d thing dy go. hope u don apply for accomodation.

@ theoneandonly, welcome on board bro, whicg faculty @ kuopio?

Yes boss.

Hp ur own dey go small small
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
Cmanforall:

Yes boss.

Hp ur own dey go small small

yes o, na just to go do health insurance on monday, its one year right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.