Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,337 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953310 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
olabode89:

Boss Tampere make sense o. I am currently staying with a naija broda. So i have been hanging out with him. My only wahala na with sunlight..... 9pm b like naija 5pm.... very bright. Things are quite expensive so we dey cook o. No go dull enter restaurant o.... lols. next week is orientation week for TUT.... i can't wait.

Baba Buddy! Tempere too sweet abi? u are really lucky to see some one to share with on arrival. That is saving u about 100k i swear! Anyway, holla me if u don get number through e-mail or what'sup. I de Helsinki right now with some of my guys, will be going back to Jvaskyla on Sunday evening and Tempere de along the way by train rout i guess. I fit wait collect anything wey u bring for me like (Agbo jedi and Opa eyin) and Elubo dudu gringrin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
GeneXY:
Adexbaba ..hw Finland nw? Wats the weather like at the moment?
Baba, weather is ok now. I heard this is about the best time u could have in Finland, being summer. The temperature is around 20 degrees. But forget no be the same level with those our China a.c temp. However no matter how cold it is outside, the houses are well heated that u will just feel like u de nija for ur room, na when u commot, like go outside u go know how far. But baba, magooooo... from September i hear say it will be a lot different, like the temp go drop below 0 degrees. So he go be indoor things! Yoruba will say that 'eni ti a n gbe iyawo bo wa ba, kii garun'.... Experience they say is the best teacher, seeing is believing! wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fearlesschicken: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hello house! Am new here!

Would be entering my final year soon and I would like to go to know the process involved to school in finland for masters
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Good day house,
I appreciate ur contributions and concern, thanks to you all. Here's another update from me. The guy who called from the embassy in Abuja actually told me they were giving me 2 weeks to prove to them that the insurance certificate isn't fake that once I have provided proof/evidence of the authenticity (which should actually be from the insurance company that issued the certificate either by mail or preferably by sending physical proof to the embassy thru a courier), they'll send it to Migri and "hopefully", Migri could reverse the revocation and everything will be back to normal and I'll have my RP card.
Mutual benefits assurance actually sent an email directly to the consular and also sent a letter to the embassy in Abuja (directed to the consular) telling them the certificate is genuine and they also included a copy of the certificate to let them know what they gave me and see that it's the same as what I submitted.
They have assured me that everything will be resolved and I shouldn't really be too worried. Mutual B said I should wait for the embassy/migri to contact me that they've done their part and everything should be resolved in the coming days. They actually went further to say the Embassy was wrong to flag the document without trying to verify/contact them. They said it was collateral damage abi whatever and such a thing could have a negative impact on the integrity of their company and as a result, if in the end I'm still not granted the residence permit based on the "fake insurance", then they would sue the embassy of finland. Na wetin dem talk o. I've also lowkey told them that if that happens, they should get ready for my own lawsuit against them for issuing a "fake certificate" to me.
Now I have decided to give the embassy in Abuja till Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll keep mailing and calling till Wednesday. If nothing is done... then...
Na the update sha.
To be honest, I don't want to go aggressive on migri/the embassy. Make dem no vex and decide to do me strong thing. They could just change and say they are revoking the permit cos they weren't convinced I'd be coming back to Naija or say my case is under review and delay for 6 months. U get my point? So I'm just trying to use tact and wisdom.
Thanks once again for ur contributions. I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
@sureboy I pray things work in ur favour but above all remain calculative, calm and focused. Best wishes
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
wenny1205:
@sureboy I pray things work in ur favour but above all remain calculative, calm and focused. Best wishes

Thanks. Sure
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
@sureboy,u shall be victorious at the end of this. It will only make u strong,and will open d yansh of finland embassy in Nigeria,becos majorly they don't verify documents.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
olabode89:
So sad about Sureb0y's RP issh.... i hope it is resolved successfully.
I got to Tampere, Finland today......
Major tips for peeps travelling soon... please ensure u don't have excess luggage o this is very important, i had to pay for extra luggage.... my eyes dey shook.
Pack all d packables o concerning food stuffs... Even palm oil dem nor remove mine o.
Chai Finland make sense.... the train from to Tampere departed and arrived at d designated time.... no unnecessary time wasting.
Things cost for here o.... 8 bought a bottle of coke on d train for 3 euros... the thing pain me no b small.

Aiite folks.... i need sleep..

bros i dey enter finland nexk week ooo, na UTA i dey go. i got accomodation already, i beg how we fit talk well for email or phone for necessary tips. coming with turkish airline. please i need to see naija guys on arrival. please did you book train from helsinki to tampere ahead or u just enter from there?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
Live and direct from Helsinki airport... Free WIFI things on point. Left Lagos yesternight, 24hrs+ I'm here. I'll be enroute Tampere 6:20 tomorrow. Thank Alpha and Omega, Jehova!!!

4 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
akinsbola452000:

bros i dey enter finland nexk week ooo, na UTA i dey go. i got accomodation already, i beg how we fit talk well for email or phone for necessary tips. coming with turkish airline. please i need to see naija guys on arrival. please did you book train from helsinki to tampere ahead or u just enter from there?

Bro nice one!

Send me a pm.... I go reply asap so we go fit yarn wells.

I bought a ticket first to Turrikela ( d spelling fit no correct o) in Helsinki from d airport them from Turrikela to Tampere. although na a friend of a friend assist me.

Abeg contact ur study tutor dem go arrange pick up from airport for u.

UTA dey city Center. hope say u sabi ride bicycle o. Chai I don fall tire today. I dey learn... Person need bike or car for here o unless u dey close to sch n u nor plan work
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
Goskian:
Live and direct from Helsinki airport... Free WIFI things on point. Left Lagos yesternight, 24hrs+ I'm here. I'll be enroute Tampere 6:20 tomorrow. Thank Alpha and Omega, Jehova!!!

My man..... Haffa nau. How long u spend for Istanbul?

Do land o....Goskian baba. I do m dey arrange two blondes for u o. Na lepa full here o...Barbie things.....lols

Reply my mail Sir
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
fearlesschicken:
Hello house! Am new here!

Would be entering my final year soon and I would like to go to know the process involved to school in finland for masters

bros Lastma_n try read d thread from d beginning u will find valuable information.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
olabode89:

My man..... Haffa nau. How long u spend for Istanbul?

Do land o....Goskian baba. I do m dey arrange two blondes for u o. Na lepa full here o...Barbie things.....lols

Reply my mail Sir

Arrived 6:40am departed 7:45pm. The koko be say I don land, no shaking for those Entry Officers... Just checked my face and shi mi le one time.

Oga, how much you spend altogether from airport reach Tampere?
Met a Fin lady onboard flight from Istanbul to Helsinki, she is a medicine student at university of Helsinki... she makes sense sha, but I don't think I may have time for those... at least friendship no bad sha... grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
Goskian:

Arrived 6:40am departed 7:45pm. The koko be say I don land, no shaking for those Entry Officers... Just checked my face and shi mi le one time.

Oga, how much you spend altogether from airport reach Tampere?
Met a Fin lady onboard flight from Istanbul to Helsinki, she is a medicine student at university of Helsinki... she makes sense sha, but I don't think I may have time for those... at least friendship no bad sha... grin

One UTA dude wey I meet for one gathering say na does babes boiz take dey pa ironu re o...lols.

Train ticket from Tikurrela train station for Helsinki to Tampere na 40 Euros.

Wow....so u just sit down for Istanbul airport! DAT airport massive no b small. I spent 40mins were though.... My flight to Helsinki was by 8.50am.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sir iceberg54 I greet you sir. Hope u dey enjoy d summer break o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
olabode89:
Sir iceberg54 I greet you sir. Hope u dey enjoy d summer break o.

Boss, we dey try jare. Not so free for me cos i dey do thesis.....But we dey manage sha.

You're Welcome sir....Enjoy!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
olabode89:

One UTA dude wey I meet for one gathering say na does babes boiz take dey pa ironu re o...lols.

Train ticket from Tikurrela train station for Helsinki to Tampere na 40 Euros.

Wow....so u just sit down for Istanbul airport! DAT airport massive no b small. I spent 40mins were though.... My flight to Helsinki was by 8.50am.
LOL... Wetin man go do na.

Before I could book the other flight available on the 14th August, the fare don jack up to N189k... I had no option than to follow this mid-night one.

The koko be say I don land...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 12:13am On Aug 16, 2015
Goskian:

'Confam'!!!
One bottle of orijin for you bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 12:21am On Aug 16, 2015
Cmanforall:

'Confam'!!!
One bottle of orijin for you bro.
LOL... Na malt drinks me dey take o... grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:38am On Aug 16, 2015
wenny1205:

Go to the office of the airline and buy excess luggage there. I told u ppl b4 across the counter excess luggage Na cut neck.

ET 32kg is $200, that one I know.
Paying for that u can carry every food stuff u need.
I booked etihad also. Tankz for dis info..I will go to their office and buy excess luggage...hope I can pack all my load in one big box or I need to divide them in 32kg each?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
billydragon:
I booked etihad also. Tankz for dis info..I will go to their office and buy excess luggage...hope I can pack all my load in one big box or I need to divide them in 32kg each?

just ask them about the packaging so u will be on the right track.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by skills50(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hi everyone
I want to study medicine in finland in english and i want u people to help me with information needed to apply, thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hi bosses in d house.. Wats the luggage size on Turkish airline? Wanna book for Sept 1st.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
GeneXY:
Hi bosses in d house.. Wats the luggage size on Turkish airline? Wanna book for Sept 1st.

2x 23kg
Hand luggage = 8-10 kg
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
wenny1205:

just ask them about the packaging so u will be on the right track.
aiit...tanx pal...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by j8ymz: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hi fellas

Quick question to those whose RP have been granted and those who may know.
What is the estimated time from when the Finnish immigration service grants RP to when the embassy in Abuja mail for the availability of one RP?

Thanks

Have a lovely day.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Obiwannn: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Goskian:

Thank God for journey mercies bro..
What of Istanbul Airport, Free WiFi de there too?
plus what does one get on board Turkish Airline during flight? TV? Wifi? etc
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Goskian(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
Obiwannn:

Thank God for journey mercies bro..
What of Istanbul Airport, Free WiFi de there too?
plus what does one get on board Turkish Airline during flight? TV? Wifi? etc

Thanks man. Wifi for Istanbul airport no be free o, you gatz pay for it. I was there for about 12 hours without internet. On board Turkish, you go get access to movies, games, musics, etc. No wifi for inside plane o, you wan cause katakata, in fact all your electronic devices are to be put off during flight.

Moi moi! grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Obiwannn: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
Goskian:

Thanks man. Wifi for Istanbul airport no be free o, you gatz pay for it. I was there for about 12 hours without internet. On board Turkish, you go get access to movies, games, musics, etc. No wifi for inside plane o, you wan cause katakata, in fact all your electronic devices are to be put off during flight.

Moi moi! grin

lol...but Wifi dey for some Emirates flight na...lol..
This wan wey u de 12hours without internet, e be like say the price for Istanbul airport cost gaan.

Abeg u know how much e de cost to change dates for Turkish ticket? lets say person book on the 1st and wan travel on the 2nd or 3rd instead....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by desy24444(m): 5:04am On Aug 18, 2015
Please guys I need to know if finland schools are still tuition free. I intend to get a masters degree in nursing there and also I will lik 2 know if I can b practicing nursing as I am doing my masters. Help need guys.thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2015
Update from me. Embassy has confirmed they've received a letter from Mutual Benefits. It came as an email and also, a hard copy delivered at the embassy. Now I have to wait for the "verification department" to verify whatever it is they want to verify after which they would contact migri with their findings and wait for migri to decide on what to do. They've said they would contact me when all has been done. Until then, I've been told to WAIT. The wait is already depressing, nothing else I can do sha. My morale don low. How stupid of them to say they accept insurance policies from Mutual, have access to Mutual's portal to check and verify stuff yet they've been so ineffective. Since July 2!!! God dey sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.