Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949610 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2015
also please give me time we should meet.

thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by wenny1205(f): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2015
agbajesaid:
Is it still 100% tuition free for both undergradute and masters studies and can i take job while in School to make money. If yes, whats the minimum wage per month for a menial job. Thanks

its not fair when ppl come on here and start saying stuffs like no one wants to ans their question, take time out and just read thru, i joined this thread in June then it was in page 113, took me few hrs for 2 days to digest everything, i am not an authority in it yet(cos i never reach Finland yet) but i know what it takes, in simple terms just take time off and read thru, u can start from Oct of 2014 ( use it as Ur bed time story) if u don't want to read much
i promise u after u do this lil assignment when someone comes up with such questions u will be the first to ask the person to read thru cos u will understand how informative it is when u read thru urself,this is the bit i have to offer, thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2015
olabode89:

Oga boss abeg no ever compare naija education with Finland..... I dey beg u abeg.... I attended one of the best university in Nigeria and i have only been in Finland for over a week and the difference is clear.

Some questions have been overflogged here. If you do a good research via google u might be directed to the page on this thread.

Before you ask a question read the thread properly abeg.... take out 5 hours in a weekend an read through the thread.

I dey kinda busy i would have done an analysis to prove ur assumption above to be very wrong relating to cost.

What stage are u in with respect to your plans on studying in Finland?

boss, im not comparing the 2 ooo. Ofcourse for me to hav decided to cross over to Finland. I am a 500level Medical student in OAU but i dont mind starting afresh in Finland if i get admission today. I am just fed up with Nigeria. I intend to do Physioterapy over there so i just want to start the processing. I checked google. A link said all i need is TOEFL while another one said SAT (BIOLOGY). So i am just confused.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2015
wenny1205:

its not fair when ppl come one here and start saying stuffs like no one wants to ans their question, take time out and just read thru, i jointed this thread i June then it was in page 113, took me few hrs for 2 days to digest everything, i am not an authority in it yet(cos i never reach Finland yet) but i know what it takes, in simple terms just take time off and read thru, u can start from Oct of 2014 ( use it as Ur bed time story) if u don't want to read much, this is the bit i have to offer, thanks
thanks sis, i will do just that
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2015
bros i responded to ur inbox mail with my email nd phone number.
hope you got it?

diggy4real:

Bro.....please give me answers na.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by diggy4real: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
olabode89:

Bros!!! I actually saw your question but i give am blind pass.... most of the things that you asked about can be found in 3mins if you do a proper research. I am in a very good mood today and hopefully United will make me more happy. I will provide a link where u can get answers to most of your questions.

Lemme start with cost of living..... the minimum amount that can sustain you is shown below with some analysis

1. Apartment from TOAS (one room in a 3 bedroom shared apartment per month) - 280 euros including facility fees
2. Lunch at the campus - 2.60 euro per meal .. multiplied by 20 days....................52 euros per month
3. Bus card incase u wan go City Centre or other places.... around 50 euros per month in Tampere
4. To buy food stuffs for preparing breakfast and dinner..... 150 euros.... just an estimate... mayb in 3 months time i can come up with a more accurate amount

TOTAL....532 EUROS

Money for heineken, stout and co never enter o... a glass of beer na around 8.00 to 11.50 euros o. So if u b brewery na u sabi o

For everything relating to Automation Enegineering check the link below....

http://www.tut.fi/en/admissions/masters-studies-in-english/automation-engineering/index.htm

also check out www.studyinfinland.fi and read this thread wella

I don try.... make i burst one alomo jare grin

Thanks bro......
Followed that TUT link for automation engineering buh is resumption date for last session' 6 Feb 2015' that was stated their.
Plus the language test I saw are up to 4 ......did u write all dis test? Which specific one did u write? Just plus wia u able to get a job?
At least a firsthand information from u won't be a bad idea.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
agbajesaid:
boss, im not comparing the 2 ooo. Ofcourse for me to hav decided to cross over to Finland. I am a 500level Medical student in OAU but i dont mind starting afresh in Finland if i get admission today. I am just fed up with Nigeria. I intend to do Physioterapy over there so i just want to start the processing. I checked google. A link said all i need is TOEFL while another one said SAT (BIOLOGY). So i am just confused.

I graduated from OAU. Bros finish ur MBB o....I don't know much about Undergrad things o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
diggy4real:

Thanks bro......
Followed that TUT link for automation engineering buh is resumption date for last session' 6 Feb 2015' that was stated their.
Plus the language test I saw are up to 4 ......did u write all dis test? Which specific one did u write? Just plus wia u able to get a job?
At least a firsthand information from u won't be a bad idea.

I go vex for u o. Calm down and follow d link I gave u. D 6 FEB 2015 was d deadline for submission of application.

I never spend reach two weeks for Finland.... A job is not a priority for me at the moment.

I won't respond to ur questions anymore until u spend some time on reading the thread.... I have mentioned all of does info more than 5 times

Peace!!

4 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Some people like to be spoon feed.pls jst read.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by diggy4real: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
ooluseyipa:
Some people like to be spoon feed.pls jst read.

Is better to be spoon fed and not make mistakes than to feed oneself and get it all wrong.Is never a crime to ask questions.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
well it gets boring asking same questions over and over again. you can do better by reading through. most (if not all ) questions have been asked and answered.

diggy4real:

Is better to be spoon fed and not make mistakes than to feed oneself and get it all wrong.Is never a crime to ask questions.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
the process of getting admission and resident permit in finland is pretty straight forward. i joined this nairaland forum after i have gotten my resident permit and i saw the amazing information people are giving out.
please instead of repeating questions, just take out time to read comments and try to do simple research on your own.

IETLS in my opinion is the only major exam required by most schools in finland ( or TOEFL).
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by gaz: 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
After my RP interview on the 19th of this month, my passport was stamped with one D-visa f1 embassy of finland Abuja 19th August 2015. Please house what does this mean? For those whose RP has been granted, was your passport stamped like this after the interview? Please I need an urgent reply on this matter so as to know where I stand. @Olabode, goskian and all other fellas in the house, make una help dis broda in dire need for answers.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
gaz:
After my RP interview on the 19th of this month, my passport was stamped with one D-visa f1 embassy of finland Abuja 19th August 2015. Please house what does this mean? For those whose RP has been granted, was your passport stamped like this after the interview? Please I need an urgent reply on this matter so as to know where I stand. @Olabode, goskian and all other fellas in the house, make una help dis broda in dire need for answers.

yes, the stamp is an evidence that you actually visited the embassy. so its no big deal. it has no negative implication on your application
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by diggy4real: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
akinsbola452000:
the process of getting admission and resident permit in finland is pretty straight forward. i joined this nairaland forum after i have gotten my resident permit and i saw the amazing information people are giving out.
please instead of repeating questions, just take out time to read comments and try to do simple research on your own.

IETLS in my opinion is the only major exam required by most schools in finland ( or TOEFL).

In this same thread, someone said different schools with different language requirements. I searched about Tampere University of Technology (TUT).I saw four. How much of a crime is it to ask someone thats just got admitted how he did it(firsthand info) not Google.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
diggy4real:

In this same thread, someone said different schools with different language requirements. I searched about Tampere University of Technology (TUT).I saw four. How much of a crime is it to ask someone thats just got admitted how he did it(firsthand info) not Google.

bros asking questions is no offence, but repeating questions for which answers are provided for already might be a little bit boring!

IETLS and TOEFL are both english profiency exams. either of them will be accepted for by most schools in finland. IETLS seems easier to pass ( my personal opinion sha). some schools and courses also requires either GRE or GMAT. i wrote IETLS and GRE. but GRE/GMAT is not required for most courses.

visit the schools websites, check for general and specific requirements of the exact programme you wanna go for
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
Fisrt thing you need to do now is to get your English test(IELTS 6-6.5 or TOEFL 90 for internet based ) ready before the end of this year. Applications to Masters degree programs will start from December to March depending on which school you are applying. Most schools will update their website with regards to 2016/2017 session from 2nd or 3rd week of Nov 2015. You can apply to most masters degree programm via www.universityadmissions.fi, however some programs requires direct application to the school. You should be able to know more once their websites are updated. Should you wish to apply also to Bachelors degree programs to widen your chances, all you need is your enlish test (TOEFL or IELTS) and waec to apply. You will be invited to an entrance exam. Now, the issue here is that there is a calculated attempt to stop 9jas from participating in this exam. Initially 9jas are invited to Ghana or Nigeria to take this exam but now they are only invited to Finland for the exam. Finnish embassy in Abuja has a policy of not granting visa for entrance exam! However, alot of 9jas have been able to rite this exams in Ghana and Kenya buy changing the place of residence to any of this country (dey go just find address from people we dey this place take fill form unto say na were dem dey live). With this you will be invited to one of this African countries for the entrance exam. Good number of student have succeed via this option.

Now I will advise all the prospective student to read this tread from page 1-the last. Yes it will take you time but that is the only sure way to getting enough info and also ask direct question. Read also
www.studyinfo.fi
/www.studyinfinland.fi.
olabode89:

Bros!!! I actually saw your question but i give am blind pass.... most of the things that you asked about can be found in 3mins if you do a proper research. I am in a very good mood today and hopefully United will make me more happy. I will provide a link where u can get answers to most of your questions.
Lemme start with cost of living..... the minimum amount that can sustain you is shown below with some analysis
1. Apartment from TOAS (one room in a 3 bedroom shared apartment per month) - 280 euros including facility fees
2. Lunch at the campus - 2.60 euro per meal .. multiplied by 20 days....................52 euros per month
3. Bus card incase u wan go City Centre or other places.... around 50 euros per month in Tampere
4. To buy food stuffs for preparing breakfast and dinner..... 150 euros.... just an estimate... mayb in 3 months time i can come up with a more accurate amount
TOTAL....532 EUROS
Money for heineken, stout and co never enter o... a glass of beer na around 8.00 to 11.50 euros o. So if u b brewery na u sabi o
For everything relating to Automation Enegineering check the link below....
http://www.tut.fi/en/admissions/masters-studies-in-english/automation-engineering/index.htm
also check out www.studyinfinland.fi and read this thread wella
I don try.... make i burst one alomo jare grin
Where in Tampere did you buy beer for that amount?
I think one can survive with smaller amount than you have quoted, when I have time I will give some cost of living analysis for some selected cities/town.

Meanwhile, thanks guys for the good job you are doing here.

diggy4real:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:09am On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:
Fisrt thing you need to do now is to get your English test(IELTS 6-6.5 or TOEFL 90 for internet based ) ready before the end of this year. Applications to Masters degree programs will start from December to March depending on which school you are applying. Most schools will update their website with regards to 2016/2017 session from 2nd or 3rd week of Nov 2015. You can apply to most masters degree programm via www.universityadmissions.fi, however some programs requires direct application to the school. You should be able to know more once their websites are updated. Should you wish to apply also to Bachelors degree programs to widen your chances, all you need is your enlish test (TOEFL or IELTS) and waec to apply. You will be invited to an entrance exam. Now, the issue here is that there is a calculated attempt to stop 9jas from participating in this exam. Initially 9jas are invited to Ghana or Nigeria to take this exam but now they are only invited to Finland for the exam. Finnish embassy in Abuja has a policy of not granting visa for entrance exam! However, alot of 9jas have been able to rite this exams in Ghana and Kenya buy changing the place of residence to any of this country (dey go just find address from people we dey this place take fill form unto say na were dem dey live). With this you will be invited to one of this African countries for the entrance exam. Good number of student have succeed via this option.

Now I will advise all the prospective student to read this tread from page 1-the last. Yes it will take you time but that is the only sure way to getting enough info and also ask direct question. Read also
www.studyinfo.fi
/www.studyinfinland.fi.
Where in Tampere did you buy beer for that amount?
I think one can survive with smaller amount than you have quoted, when I have time I will give some cost of living analysis for some selected cities/town.

Meanwhile, thanks guys for the good job you are doing here.

Are u in Tampere or have u lived in Tampere Sir?

O'Connell Irish pub dey sell Lager n Guinness stout for d price range I stated....http://www.oconnells.fi/drinks/

D prices I stated above are not d lowest possible, but I won't advice anyone to budget below 500 euros per month for d first two months. Abi u wan go a foreign land go dey starve and turn senior chief manager?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:15am On Aug 23, 2015
diggy4real:

Bros at dis point u go need cane I swear....u dey Bleep up o. I give u bed, find wife and pay bride price for u, u dey ask for manual/users guide.

It was clearly stated in d link I provided for u that either of PTE, IELTS, TOEFL and one Cambridge test of English test is acceptable. What else do u need. Make I help u research on does tests again ?

If u have read d thread u would have seen where I stated that I wrote PTE.... I even stated d requirements and steps for registration .

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 4:44am On Aug 23, 2015
olabode89:

Are u in Tampere or have u lived in Tampere Sir?

O'Connell Irish pub dey sell Lager n Guinness stout for d price range I stated....http://www.oconnells.fi/drinks/

D prices I stated above are not d lowest possible, but I won't advice anyone to budget below 500 euros per month for d first two months. Abi u wan go a foreign land go dey starve and turn senior chief manager?

I have lived in Helsinki for years which is more expensive than Tampere. There are a lot of bars you can buy the normal beer for 4-6€. You don't have to buy from the most expensive one. I have been to Tampere several times and have not paid more than 6€ for a drink. That Irish pub sale only drought stout which most 9jas dont even likes. Also for groceries, you will get things cheaper at
Lidl, S-market and prisma stores. Avoid Alepa (also Sale in Tampere ,not sure ), k market stores . I believe (from years of experience ) that 9ja guy can survive with a lot less than that amount. You don't need to drink in a pub if you don't have job yet, you can buy your beer from the stores much cheaper 0.99-1.20€ per 33cl can.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:

I have lived in Helsinki for years which is more expensive than Tampere. There are a lot of bars you can buy the normal beer for 4-6€. You don't have to buy from the most expensive one. I have been to Tampere several times and have not paid more than 6€ for a drink. That Irish pub sale only drought stout which most 9jas dont even likes. Also for groceries, you will get things cheaper at
Lidl, S-market and prisma stores. Avoid Alepa (also Sale in Tampere ,not sure ), k market stores . I believe (from years of experience ) that 9ja guy can survive with a lot less than that amount. You don't need to drink in a pub if you don't have job yet, you can buy your beer from the stores much cheaper 0.99-1.20€ per 33cl can.
bro, thanks so much. Please accept my pm on your mail. Please concerning the undergraduate exam sir, what is the subject combination for someone like me that whants to study Medical related course. How easy is the exam. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2015
agbajesaid:
bro, thanks so much. Please accept my pm on your mail. Please concerning the undergraduate exam sir, what is the subject combination for someone like me that whants to study Medical related course. How easy is the exam. Thanks

The only medical related course you can study via undergraduate route in English is Nursing. As of last year almost half of the schools offering nursing in English language require some level of finnish language skills. Most people came via business , ICT or Engineering courses. How easy is the exam? It depends on YOU.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by akinsbola452000: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:

bros you are so on point. i came into tampere last week and i have not bought food once. i brought food from naija, so i cook my food myself. no unnecessary spending till i get a job. all you need to survive is proper planning. with 350 euros i think one can survive this land.
just lower your standard! no big man for strange lang oooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
I benefited so much from the property section of nairaland because people shared ideas freely. I am sorry, I don't want any private mail. Just ask any questions here and I promise to reply within 24 hours.

agbajesaid:
please bro. I've benefited so much from your post, even the person i paid didnt tell me all these facts. He said i could get Medicine in English without Finnish skill

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:
I benefited so much from the property section of nairaland because people shared ideas freely. I am sorry, I don't want any private mail. Just ask any questions here and I promise to reply within 24 hours.

ok. Thanks. Is there any CHANCE they would give me visa to write the entrance exam because i dont have anyone in Ghana &the cost might be much.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
agbajesaid:
ok. Thanks. Is there any CHANCE they would give me visa to write the entrance exam because i dont have anyone in Ghana &the cost might be much.
which Embassy? Ghana /Kenya or Finland?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:

which Embassy? Ghana /Kenya or Finland?
Finland
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Val2001: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
agbajesaid:
Finland
Embassy of Finland, Abuja as a policy does NOT issue visa for the purpose of writing entrance exam. It was very easy before but our people abused it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:

Embassy of Finland, Abuja as a policy does NOT issue visa for the purpose of writing entrance exam. It was very easy before but our people abused it.
ok. So if i choose Ghana as my Nationality, i will write the exam in Ghana right? Wont the Nationality hav effect when i'm given admission
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by agbajesaid(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Val2001:

you have been very helpful. Thanks. Is the entrance exam compulsory for all COURSES and all the UNIVERSITIES.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PetroDolla3: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
agbajesaid:
ok. So if i choose Ghana as my Nationality, i will write the exam in Ghana right? Wont the Nationality hav effect when i'm given admission
Are you a Ghanaian? I hope you are not one of millions of nigerians scheming and forging Ghanaian passport/citizenship,huh? If you are, you will be caught and jailed! cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.