Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953173 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Bro, How did you pay for Student Union fee? pls help tomorrow is my deadline. I already opened a domiciliary account with GTB and I have gotten the Euro.

A friend in spain helped with the payment. However, GTbank bank should be able to help out with that even without domiciliary account.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
heanea:

My appreciation to God all mighty and to everyone on this thread. God bless you all.
@sir iceberg54, i am going to Aalto, otaniemi campus. I am at the moment searching for alternative budget accomodation while awaiting Hoas and Ayy offer as a progamme i applied for will commence in august. I will be most grateful for any advice or assistance from you sir.

Boss, you wont get anything cheaper than what Ayy or Hoas will offer. Moreover, all apartments in Otaniemi belong to either hoas or Ayy.

AYY has a few apartments below 200 and a little bit above. Hopefully you get one of those. DO you have your RP already? You can send them an email reiterating when you will arrive so they can make you an offer soon. For AYY, you can quietly ask that you want something around 200 euros considering your budget. I know you can specify range for HOAS as well.

Best way to save money is to secure any of these offers and then when you arrive, you can get someone to share with to save cost, that is if you're lucky enough not to share apartment with guys who would report you. smiley

All the best sir!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by heanea: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Sir, regarding the RP, i have it already. I am very grateful for your response sir.
God bless you.

iceberg54:

Boss, you wont get anything cheaper than what Ayy or Hoas will offer. Moreover, all apartments in Otaniemi belong to either hoas or Ayy.

AYY has a few apartments below 200 and a little bit above. Hopefully you get one of those. DO you have your RP already? You can send them an email reiterating when you will arrive so they can make you an offer soon. For AYY, you can quietly ask that you want something around 200 euros considering your budget. I know you can specify range for HOAS as well.

Best way to save money is to secure any of these offers and then when you arrive, you can get someone to share with to save cost, that is if you're lucky enough not to share apartment with guys who would report you. smiley

All the best sir!

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
iceberg54:

Extremely important... Come with an original diver's License please.

Congrats jkels and epsilonwaves.

To everyone still expecting RP, I wish you all the best.

Anyone going to AALTO here?
Ok. But considering the time frame of getting a license in naija is damn too stressful. Personally I dont have one but i learnt it will take 3-4 months to be ready. Let me ask,the DL is it necessary in the area of getting jobs or if u want to drive in finland?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Bro, How did you pay for Student Union fee? pls help tomorrow is my deadline. I already opened a domiciliary account with GTB and I have gotten the Euro.
Brother please how much is the Euro you got and where. please help a brother
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
hakeembee:
can i open a domicilary acct with GTB from my savings GTB acct?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
epsilonwaves:
No, you have to get the hard currency
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
hakeembee:

I was able to get at 406naira at Allen, if u enter Gtb Allen, you see some abokis even in the banking hall. Although, some guys outside offered it at 390 but when I told them to follow to the ATM , they refused. so be careful

the major challenge is that Gtb will charge you 45euro for the transaction.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
epsilonwaves:

Yes you can open with them but you need two reference for to be filled by guarantors who operate current account with any bank in Nigeria.

Even at that, you will still need to source for your Euro.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
iceberg54:

All the best sir!

My Oga(s) I hail o, pls what's ur advice for us coming in with regards to fund, should we convert our money to Euro or can we use ATM card in Finland. conversion rate here na die.

Secondly, this one na personal question, I am thinking of buyer 2duvet(like blanket), is that extreme?

what other advice can you give us?

thanks a lot.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Yes you can open with them but you need two reference for to be filled by guarantors who operate current account with any bank in Nigeria.

Even at that, you will still need to source for your Euro.

can i get PTA from GTB with my own acct at a fair exchange rate? i operate a savings acct.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

I was able to get at 406naira at Allen, if u enter Gtb Allen, you see some abokis even in the banking hall. Although, some guys outside offered it at 390 but when I told them to follow to the ATM , they refused. so be careful

the major challenge is that Gtb will charge you 45euro for the transaction.
Snazzy how you you mean by GTB charges.?
Please give a break down.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Regardless of the time frame, stress or what ever u call it; Be wise and take to the boss advice!
1. It takes at least 3 - 6 months to go through Finnish driving school
2. The cost is minimum of 2,500e - 3,500e depending on school and package specified for you
3. Regardless of your driving skill or level u will have to go through this class if u come without your license
4. You will also go through the above process if your license is issued after u have arrived in Finland or
5. If you do not change it before 18-months after your arrival in Finland.

The stress of Finnish driving school + about 1m to get a license, do the maths urself.

Secondly, It could help you nack a job swiftly though nothing is certain. Lots of job adverts require people that can drive. I just got one because of that simple fact + grace of God. I use the company car because the location where I work is remote.

Lastly, this is just by the way. Driving on Finnish road is fun! Good roads and elite drivers make driving a different experience from what ever are u used to. Hope u roger that>>

frankie2K:

Ok. But considering the time frame of getting a license in naija is damn too stressful. Personally I dont have one but i learnt it will take 3-4 months to be ready. Let me ask,the DL is it necessary in the area of getting jobs or if u want to drive in finland?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adexbaba010(m): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Appeal the decision promptly.
Get alternative source of funding or rectify identified itches as stated in the decision.
It's 50/50 but there is no crime in trying. A friend of my did and was later granted though different scenario.

Alternatively, differ your study place and re-apply next year with better package. Only I don't know if the school fee policy will affect deferrals.

Wish u all the best!
PHRANTAD:
Good day great bosses, a friend got a negative response from migri today.

Reason: Sponsors source of funds is not secure

Because he owns only 50% of the shares of d company.

What can she do? Whats d way forward for her?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
epsilonwaves:

can i get PTA from GTB with my own acct at a fair exchange rate? i operate a savings acct.

It is the transactional charges on every transfer below 2k Euro.

Yes you can get PTA from ur bank by filling form A or something but the only challenge is that the bank will have to wait for supply from CBN which might take time.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
WHY ARE YOU GUYS OPENING DORM ACCOUNTS??

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:27am On Jul 28, 2016
adexbaba010:
Regardless of the time frame, stress or what ever u call it; Be wise and take to the boss advice!
1. It takes at least 3 - 6 months to go through Finnish driving school
2. The cost is minimum of 2,500e - 3,500e depending on school and package specified for you
3. Regardless of your driving skill or level u will have to go through this class if u come without your license
4. You will also go through the above process if your license is issued after u have arrived in Finland or
5. If you do not change it before 18-months after your arrival in Finland.

The stress of Finnish driving school + about 1m to get a license, do the maths urself.

Secondly, It could help you nack a job swiftly though nothing is certain. Lots of job adverts require people that can drive. I just got one because of that simple fact + grace of God. I use the company car because the location where I work is remote.

Lastly, this is just by the way. Driving on Finnish road is fun! Good roads and elite drivers make driving a different experience from what ever are u used to. Hope u roger that>>

Oh my God!!!!. Thanks for your advise. A friend of mine in Ireland said different. But i called a FRSC dude and he told me that if i pay now that i will take the pix by september and probably by December the main one will be out. But mehn seeing that 1mill na to go husstle am here before coming
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 3:54am On Jul 28, 2016
heanea:

My appreciation to God all mighty and to everyone on this thread. God bless you all.
@sir iceberg54, i am going to Aalto, otaniemi campus. I am at the moment searching for alternative budget accomodation while awaiting Hoas and Ayy offer as a progamme i applied for will commence in august. I will be most grateful for any advice or assistance from you sir.
Am going to aalto also pls reply my pm
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by heanea: 4:38am On Jul 28, 2016
Dude04:
Am going to aalto also pls reply my pm
Done bros.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 5:11am On Jul 28, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

My Oga(s) I hail o, pls what's ur advice for us coming in with regards to fund, should we convert our money to Euro or can we use ATM card in Finland. conversion rate here na die.

Secondly, this one na personal question, I am thinking of buyer 2duvet(like blanket), is that extreme?

what other advice can you give us?

thanks a lot.

Well....i think its better to come in with Euros.

Depending on airline, most times you have two 23kg baggage allowance. Before you know it, you will exceed the limit. So i think one duvet is okay.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 5:23am On Jul 28, 2016
iceberg54:

Lol @snail.......actually cow meat dey helsinki, cant say about other places though. There is almost everything, but u gotta spend. Some are crazily expensive e.g. yam (over 6 euros for just one tuber)...so na only once in a year i dey chop am....lol

@cmanforall.....noodles dey. they have theirs...indomie dey african market.

You shld bring stuffs like egusi and ogbono too. Smoked fish and dry pepper also important.

Bring stuffs that would help u minimize ur spending in the first few months. Cos then u will still be converting everything u wanna buy to naira in ur mind. And u will almost not wanna buy anything..... smiley

Cheers!

SnazzyBaba, refer to this previous comment for other hints.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:40am On Jul 28, 2016
PHRANTAD:
Good day great bosses, a friend got a negative response from migri today.

Reason: Sponsors source of funds is not secure

Because he owns only 50% of the shares of d company.

What can she do? Whats d way forward for her?
I think she should reapply and add another sponsor. She could also increase the amount in her account but whichever way, she gats act promptly cos August is here already
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 6:37am On Jul 28, 2016
adexbaba010:
Appeal the decision promptly.
Get alternative source of funding or rectify identified itches as stated in the decision.
It's 50/50 but there is no crime in trying. A friend of my did and was later granted though different scenario.

Alternatively, differ your study place and re-apply next year with better package. Only I don't know if the school fee policy will affect deferrals.

Wish u all the best!

She got the admission last year, she could not process rp cus her sponsor wasnt ready last yr.
Anyways she had applied again yesterday sha, hoping to get a date today hopefully. Guess she is going to use her old account on enterfinland ryt, every oda tin remains.

Thanks to all the bosses,

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 6:40am On Jul 28, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

I think she should reapply and add another sponsor. She could also increase the amount in her account but whichever way, she gats act promptly cos August is here already

Thanks school drop in,she already re applied. People have used that her type of documents and have been given RP ds yr, i was surprised wen she told me abt d decision yesterday

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olagold79: 7:08am On Jul 28, 2016
anniekoko:
Also heard that palm oil is no more allowed. embarassed abeg which Nigerian food stuff is most advisable to carry?

Carry enough egusi, ogbono,pepper,crayfish....dried vegetables
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2016
PHRANTAD:

Thanks school drop in,she already re applied. People have used that her type of documents and have been given RP ds yr, i was surprised wen she told me abt d decision yesterday
You're welcome, baba. Those people could just be a pain in the neck, at turns.
Good she has reapplied. God go do am.
Best of luck to her!

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:59am On Jul 28, 2016
olabode89:
WHY ARE YOU GUYS OPENING DORM ACCOUNTS??

Na because I want to pay for the Student union fee. I was at GTB and they said I have to open a Dom account in order to be able to transfer.

Do you have alternative suggestion??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2016
iceberg54:

SnazzyBaba, refer to this previous comment for other hints.
Thanks Boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Na because I want to pay for the Student union fee. I was at GTB and they said I have to open a Dom account in order to be able to transfer.
Do you have alternative suggestion??

Why not get someone already here to make the payment for you and you can give the Naira equivalent to the person. How much is your union fee? I could help make the payment
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2016
Good morning all,

Do any of you know of any candidate that differed their admission and received a positive decision the following year?

This is the third time now I have heard of someone who deferred admission to the following year only to get denied .
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2016
antosco:
Good morning all,

Do any of you know of any candidate that differed their admission and received a positive decision the following year?

This is the third time now I have heard of someone who deferred admission to the following year only to get denied .

I think it depends on the school and the circumstances or excuses for the deferral. I know of someone whose RP was denied and contacted the school to defer his admission but the school turned it down. Someone else got admission but couldn't apply for RP and she contacted the university for deferral which was granted.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ridwanadedapo(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2016
You never answered the question he asked... He is not talking about deferment here, he is talking about the decision after deferment..
Anyone know of someone who deferred and later granted RP??
GeneXY:

I think it depends on the school and the circumstances or excuses for the deferral. I know of someone whose RP was denied and contacted the school to defer his admission but the school turned it down. Someone else got admission but couldn't apply for RP and she contacted the university for deferral which was granted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.