Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953850 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
emiflex:

Unna fit join origin and nkwobi too oo. It no go bad na,abi how u c am grin grin

Na una wey dey come go bring fresh ones for us. grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
coelink:

okay. great. pls get back to me.

I just contacted the embassy. They said they don't provide such exchange rate services. I'll advise that we just work with the official rate to avoid stories that touch.

Official rate as at when I was typing this is
1 EUR = 358.153 NGN
6,720.00 EUR = 2,406,785.33 NGN

Also, for guys who have been scheduled for an appointment with the embassy and have made the RP app fee payment before the RP app fee was increased, the woman I spoke with said it doesn't affect us. It only applies to peeps who made payment from July 29th wen d change was made.

@coelink. Wen b ur interview date..

@frankie and @emiflex. No worry, e go pure. Ur good news is on its way..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Pls do guys know anyone going to Lapland?? Abeg, I need roommate o
Na LAPLAND NELLYWEEZY dey go. Una fit relate

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
coelink:

oboy na fund issue o. but this time I go get them
sent you a PM
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
shayhune:

I just contacted the embassy. They said they don't provide such exchange rate services. I'll advise that we just work with the official rate to avoid stories that touch.

Official rate as at when I was typing this is
1 EUR = 358.153 NGN
6,720.00 EUR = 2,406,785.33 NGN

Also, for guys who have been scheduled for an appointment with the embassy and have made the RP app fee payment before the RP app fee was increased, the woman I spoke with said it doesn't affect us. It only applies to peeps who made payment from July 29th wen d change was made.

@coelink. Wen b ur interview date..

@frankie and @emiflex. No worry, e go pure. Ur good news is on its way..

I'm also trusting God that Migri wud answer my elder brother @richyson wey don apply since July 7th with good news b4 dis week ends.
God bless you bro. Tanxs for the good wishes
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
jeffoe:
jejejejeje we day go jeje we dey go o jeje

the journey na 2014 him start, i couldn't continue because of incomplete docs.

after uaf bleeping my admission chances with there [b]we suspect the transcript might have been opened ish[/b]on the two occasions my transcript was sent. i kept receiving rejection letter from the universities i applied to, not until i was surprised with an admission letter which i wasn't expecting from the last school.

my time line

Submitted online application on the 6/7/2016

was suppose to visit the embassy on 22/7/2016 survived a road crash with just minor injuries hence couldn't make it for the interview. i had to reschedule for on 23/07/2016 at the embassy without informing them

my application moved to in progress on 15/07/2016

i got a positive decision on my application on 18/07/2016

my rp + decision reached abuja on 25/07/2016

my birthday was on 31/07/2016 my last birthday for naija. yekpa

my rp card + decision got to me today 01/08/2016

i have to sincerely appreciate everyone here from the forum founder oga seun thread creator/op dahonestboss , the bosses iceberg, olabode, sirkezman(baba i really appreciate the assistance) etal, awon boyz schooldropin(school registration done resume), jkel, epsilonwave(my turku paddy) temmy katalostic snazzybaba, hakeembee emiflex, et al them babes aniekoko et al

you guy one way or the other contributed to this success story.

in tubaba voice i day feel like ........................................................... make i start to the buy all the necessary opaeyin,

to those still expecting na rp day come ooooo

Congrats bro.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by keaderr: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hhh
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
keaderr:

Migri response

Unfortunately we cannot help the situation much. We use the exchange rate of the day when we process that particular application. There is no general exchange rate that we’d use. If there is a huge difference in the exchange rate, we will take that into consideration. Hope this gave you some kind of an answer to your question.

I think the bolded gives an answer to the question. What we need to do is just work with latest official exchange rate. If by the time Migri is processing d docs and the diff btw the exchange rate for that day and conversion rate you used when the money was provided into ur account ain't too much, they won't consider it a big deal. However, if d diff is much, they'll likely inform you that the funds in ur account ain't enuf, prolly ur sponsor shud add more.

Let's just hope that the exchange rate on the day one's application is processed is much lesser than the rate used wen the funds was paid into one's account.

Experienced bosses in the house, your suggestions are needed here pls
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
shayhune:

I think the bolded gives an answer to the question. What we need to do is just work with latest official exchange rate. If by the time Migri is processing d docs and the diff btw the exchange rate for that day and conversion rate you used when the money was provided into ur account ain't too much, they won't consider it a big deal. However, if d diff is much, they'll likely inform you that the funds in ur account ain't enuf, prolly ur sponsor shud add more.

Let's just hope that the exchange rate on the day one's application is processed is much lesser than the rate used wen the funds was paid into one's account.

Experienced bosses in the house, your suggestions are needed here pls

My take on the issue that you guys should try and raise the amount in ur account to around 1.8m upwards towards 2m plus. However, let ur sponsor's account be well loaded such that they will know that even if the exchange rate goes up, the sponsor will still be able to take care of it.

For instance if ur sponsor still has a balance of 5m after transferring to you and the account is very active, they have the choice but to grant the RP.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
jeffoe:

after uaf bleeping my admission chances with there [b]we suspect the transcript might have been opened ish[/b]on the two occasions my transcript was sent. i kept receiving rejection letter from the universities i applied to, not until i was surprised with an admission letter which i wasn't expecting from the last school.

my time line

was suppose to visit the embassy on 22/7/2016 survived a road crash with just minor injuries hence couldn't make it for the interview. i had to reschedule for on 23/07/2016 at the embassy without informing them

i have to sincerely appreciate everyone here from the forum founder oga seun thread creator/op dahonestboss , the bosses iceberg, olabode, sirkezman(baba i really appreciate the assistance) etal, awon boyz schooldropin(school registration done resume), jkel, epsilonwave(my turku paddy) temmy katalostic snazzybaba, hakeembee emiflex, et al them babes aniekoko et al

in tubaba voice i day feel like ........................................................... make i start to the buy all the necessary opaeyin,

Brother congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by coelink: 10:37am On Aug 03, 2016
Please attach to the application form an account statement showing that you have 6,720 euros in your bank account. You must have the necessary funds in your personal bank account. Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable, as the funds must have already been transferred to your bank account. For studies lasting less than one year you must have in your account an amount equivalent to 560 euros for each month of residence in Finland.
If you do not have the above-mentioned amount in your account, please attach to the application written evidence of the benefits provided by your educational institution. If you have been awarded a grant or scholarship by the government, an organisation or an educational institution, please attach the grant or scholarship decision to the application form. An account statement will not be necessary if the grant or scholarship is sufficient to support your stay in Finland
You must present the originals of all documents when submitting your application,

@bolded, I was granted a Scholarship by a senator in my constituency, I have the letter with the FGN letter headed with house of senate seal. do I need to still provide the statement or I can use the scholarship letter only as stated above?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by heanea: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2016
Congratulations bro!

jeffoe:

my time line

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by heanea: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2016
Anyone here already in Espoo who can help with accommodation because the one month private rental I arranged was cancelled as I was asked to pay six month rent as he could no longer rent for just a month. I am already in Finland, Espoo city and I am not finding it funny.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by owoade25(m): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
heanea:
Anyone here already in Espoo who can help with accommodation because the one month private rental I arranged was cancelled as I was asked to pay six month rent as he could no longer rent for just a month. I am already in Finland, Espoo city and I am not finding it funny.

I had a similar challenge. my accommodation was cancelled because I couldn't pay on time. and I was delaying payment because my application wasn't yet concluded. but once I got a positive decision, i immediately informed my tutor student about my accommodation challenge and within six hours, I was given another accommodation. Am now in Kuopio.

Send a mail and chat your tutor student, they will help you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by heanea: 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Thanks a lot bros.

owoade25:

I had a similar challenge. my accommodation was cancelled because I couldn't pay on time. and I was delaying payment because my application wasn't yet concluded. but once I got a positive decision, i immediately informed my tutor student about my accommodation challenge and within six hours, I was given another accommodation. Am now in Kuopio.

Send a mail and chat your tutor student, they will help you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Jkels you called me. Can you please resend your request. Good evening everyone
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
epsilonwaves:
Jkels you called me. Can you please resend your request. Good evening everyone
have your RP card arrived the Embassy?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by epsilonwaves: 3:48am On Aug 04, 2016
I haven't heard from them oh. They are supposed to send a mail saying it has arrived. No response yet
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FaithVoke: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Got a positive decision this morning. Thankful to God and all those who have contributed to this thread. God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:
Got a positive decision this morning. Thankful to God and all those who have contributed to this thread. God bless you all.

Wow! Congrats dear. I am sure u weren't asked any supplementary docs. Remember we went same day, mine is still in progress tho.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mohrolake: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:

Congrats dear smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:

Congratulations
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by keaderr: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:

When did you go to the embassy? Were u asked for any supplementary docs? How much did you have in your account?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2016
Congrats again Faith....#Kuopioawaits

FaithVoke:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FaithVoke: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Thanks y'all.
Timeline of application:
16/06/16 : Applied on enterfinland

04/07/16 : Visited embassy

29/07/16 : App moved into 'in progress' and supplementary request gotten the same day.

04/08/16 : Decision ready.

I had about N1.55m in my account.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ridwanadedapo(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Congratulation... How much is in your sponsors account as balance
FaithVoke:
Thanks y'all.
Timeline of application:

29/07/16 : App moved into 'in progress' and supplementary request gotten the same day.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SansmaOlamide(f): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:
Thanks y'all.
Timeline of application:

Congratulations dear...I tap into ur blessings too
Pls...how much was left as balance in your sponsor's account after printing the person's statement of account?
Kindly reply ASAP!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:
Thanks y'all.
Timeline of application:

Congratulations once again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
FaithVoke:

Congratulations sis
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
CONGRATS DR. FAITH. I TAP INTO THIS POSITIVITY.

FaithVoke:
Thanks y'all.
Timeline of application:

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.