Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,331 members, 7,954,338 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (987331 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
JustCare:
you can always withdraw a minimum amount from your block account too like in German.
just that all these money is hard to get for me!
or can we talk of borrowing? I can always pay you fully over there...can even add interest and show you collaterals here in Nigeria?

Abeg o, I no be yahoo boy o.......lolz..use your colaterl to borrow in the bank.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by JustCare: 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
adebasket97:

Abeg o, I no be yahoo boy o.......lolz..use your colaterl to borrow in the bank.
lol!
bank can give one enough
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by auroraborealis: 6:38am On Aug 01, 2014
billydragon: @All dat requested for the study material, sent!

Please, can you send the IELTS and TOEFL study materials to my email
aborealis80@gmail.com
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by auroraborealis: 6:46am On Aug 01, 2014
iceberg54:

The guy was very extreme. Comparing FI to Ukraine was a joke. Guys from Spain, france, italy etc are flooding here daily.

However, 1500 euros monthly would mean you are doing more than one job. No single job would earn you that as a student. Cos it implies about 15euros per hr (100 hrs per month). But doing two jobs will most likely affect your schooling. Cos then you need to work during the day or overnight.

Anyways, If your sole purpose here is to study and support yourself while studying, you are fine, provided you are able to get a job on time.

Thanks for this vital info. In my own case, I just need to work (student part-time) to be able to "gather" the required living cost (plus a little extra, say like 2000euros extra) for the second year of the MSc programme while in my first year MSc. Hope this won't put a lot of stress on my education, considering the time it would take to get such amount of money.

Moreso, my choice of school is the University of Eastern Finland (they are the only ones with my programme of interest). Hope it is a nice choice of school?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oluks05: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2014
auroraborealis:

Please, can you send the IELTS and TOEFL study materials to my email
aborealis80@gmail.com

Pls I wld appreciate if someone cld send me the IELTS exam, wld be writing this exam soon email, seyioluks(at)gmail.com Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tekecoms1(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2014
I throway salute ooooooo.
WELL-DONE OOOOOOO..
PLs I wanna if an HND graduate can be transfer to any of Finland's university in pursuant of masters or continuation...
Please help ooooo
Naija ti su mi ooooooooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tekecoms1(m): 7:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Play can someone like me that has an HND certificate and with my age go to study in Finland?
I am in my late 20s oooooooo..
Pls I need your help oooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tekecoms1(m): 7:28am On Aug 05, 2014
iceberg54:

The guy was very extreme. Comparing FI to Ukraine was a joke. Guys from Spain, france, italy etc are flooding here daily.

However, 1500 euros monthly would mean you are doing more than one job. No single job would earn you that as a student. Cos it implies about 15euros per hr (100 hrs per month). But doing two jobs will most likely affect your schooling. Cos then you need to work during the day or overnight.

Anyways, If your sole purpose here is to study and support yourself while studying, you are fine, provided you are able to get a job on time.
Weldon boss. I will like to know if an HND holder can also go to Finland for masters regardless of age?? Or can an HND result be accepted in Finland Thanks boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tekecoms1(m): 7:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Olowofelaleke@yahoo.com.au.
Please send me the preparatory IETLS and TOEFL ish..
Thanks house...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2014
Tekecoms1: Weldon boss. I will like to know if an HND holder can also go to Finland for masters regardless of age?? Or can an HND be result be accepted in Finland Thanks boss

Boss , HND isn't accepted for masters admission.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tekecoms1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
iceberg54:

Boss , HND isn't accepted for masters admission.
thanks bro.... But can I still restart incase I want to?what are the possibility starting again in an IT related field? pls I need useful info baba...but I Hope my age won't affect the whole visa process? Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by moneybag100: 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Are they still writing test in Ghana for undergraduate admission in Finland?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tekecoms1: Play can someone like me that has an HND certificate and with my age go to study in Finland to study?
I am in my late 20s oooooooo..
Pls I need your help oooo
NO.
moneybag100: Are they still writing test in Ghana for undergraduate admission in Finland?

Generally no. Although some UAS periodically organise within west Africa, you just need to check individual UAS website during application period.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by moneybag100: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
dahonestboss:
NO.

Generally no. Although some UAS periodically organise within west Africa, you just need to check individual UAS website during application period.
So you mean no need to write any test to get admitted for undergraduate study again? Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
adebasket97:

point of information sire, we are going to finland to study not to hustle. Personally, i prefer finland to other european countries because of the "free tution" clause. I wanted to study in UK, the running cost is almost #4million (other expenses not included) while going to finland will cost me less than 200k. In addition i have two friends over there and both earn at least 1500euros monthly from their 25hours per week work times (other "paroles"not included). Maybe "your friends" you mentioned are hustlers. this time next year i will be in finland and in two - six years i will be back to my country (six years, if am able to process my phd admission). Goodluck bro.

shocked shocked shocked
Which Finland dem de? Them be student at all?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
moneybag100:
So you mean no need to write any test to get admitted for undergraduate study again? Thanks.
I didnt say so, but if you will write the test, Finland should not be your only target aty least. There is no guarantee that the exam will be organise in West Africa next year.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by moneybag100: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
dahonestboss:
I didnt say so, but if you will write the test, Finland should not be your only target aty least. There is no guarantee that the exam will be organise in West Africa next year.
Oh okay, I grab thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hey Fellas, been a while. Got lots on my mind plus prepn/thinkn bout my upcoming exam. Nyways, I'v got a challenge and I need help. I intend applying for masters degree in another country too and applications start in September. On the issue of transcript (bear in mind that IMSU charges 30K + runs fee), I am allowed to upload a scanned copy of transcript and present the original myself if I am granted admission. However, Finland wants me to send a direct copy to them from my school.

Tough call.....
1. If I get the transcript now for 30k plus, I get a scanned copy and a sealed one and can comfortably apply in the other country of my choice
2. By December, Finland application starts and I'm not allowed to send that copy I have by myself.

Advice would really be appreciated at this moment.....

Please Note: I do not want to pay double now though I might eventually do that if I am granted admission on the other side
I can't just request for a scanned copy or pay now and ask the school to kip the transcript with them till December before sending t5o Finland.

I have already sent out mails to Finland Admissions and also put calls through to IMSU. In the mean time, advices or inputs from people who have gone through similar situations are welcome to comment.

cc Dahonestboss iceberg54 illchez adebasket97 bummiemich
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
WhyNa

It is a general rule that student can not be issued their transcript, it has to be sent directly by the issuing instituition to the receiving party. Even if you do your runz and a personal copy is granted to you, it will not be accepted by the requesting instituition.

The best way is just to do it as they required, you will spend money twice, and go through a lot of stress but this is what you have to pay for a system like Nigeria, sorry. We all went through this too!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
dahonestboss:

shocked shocked shocked
Which Finland dem de? Them be student at all?
Na helsinki dm dy o but dm don finish their masters sha.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
adebasket97:
Na helsinki dm dy o but dm don finish their masters sha.

Now I beleive, that one no bad be that. I think say you de talk about student wey de school, den e no possible unless them go drop school be that
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
@whyna seems you have to pay twice. No other choice
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Thanks you guys. It seems thats the only way out though the reply I got from imsu is I can pay now and they hold it till December but release the scanned copy to me. Still looking into it even though it still boils down to eventually paying twice.

It is well.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
WhyNa: cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Thanks you guys. It seems thats the only way out though the reply I got from imsu is I can pay now and they hold it till December but release the scanned copy to me. Still looking into it even though it still boils down to eventually paying twice.

It is well.

One advise for you.

Pay ONLY when its time for you to send it to the receiving instituition,

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'll kip that in mind
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tekecoms1: Weldon boss. I will like to know if an HND holder can also go to Finland for masters regardless of age?? Or can an HND be result be accepted in Finland Thanks boss
Nope. HND not recognised in Finland. U gotta do the undergrad afresh. Check programme database @ www.studyinfinland.fi or www.studyinfo.fi
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IllCheez: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
WhyNa: Hey Fellas, been a while. Got lots on my mind plus prepn/thinkn bout my upcoming exam. Nyways, I'v got a challenge and I need help. I intend applying for masters degree in another country too and applications start in September. On the issue of transcript (bear in mind that IMSU charges 30K + runs fee), I am allowed to upload a scanned copy of transcript and present the original myself if I am granted admission. However, Finland wants me to send a direct copy to them from my school.

Tough call.....
1. If I get the transcript now for 30k plus, I get a scanned copy and a sealed one and can comfortably apply in the other country of my choice
2. By December, Finland application starts and I'm not allowed to send that copy I have by myself.

Advice would really be appreciated at this moment.....

Please Note: I do not want to pay double now though I might eventually do that if I am granted admission on the other side
I can't just request for a scanned copy or pay now and ask the school to kip the transcript with them till December before sending t5o Finland.

I have already sent out mails to Finland Admissions and also put calls through to IMSU. In the mean time, advices or inputs from people who have gone through similar situations are welcome to comment.

cc Dahonestboss iceberg54 illchez adebasket97 bummiemich

@Whyna, unfortunately, it is unfair that transcripts should cost that much. However, it seems the best option is what has been suggested to get the scanned copy and hold on to sending until December. For the second country, you can print the scanned copy and legalize at the high court at your convenience; who knows? It might be useful at some point. Best of luck on your upcoming exam!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
IllCheez:

@Whyna, unfortunately, it is unfair that transcripts should cost that much. However, it seems the best option is what has been suggested to get the scanned copy and hold on to sending until December. For the second country, you can print the scanned copy and legalize at the high court at your convenience; who knows? It might be useful at some point. Best of luck on your upcoming exam!

It doesnt work that way bro sorry.

This is one thing I like about educational ststem here. If I need my transcript, I only need to go to student office and I will get it immediately or better still, I will send an email even if I am in another city (even in another country) and it will be forwarded to me there. Just go through the stress now bro, you go enjoy am later.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IllCheez: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IllCheez: 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
IllCheez:

Yes oh Bro it was just a suggestion. I graduated from another EU country myself and didn't even need my Uni to send my transcript to Finland. Just got one copy, made up to 10 photocopies and made them sign and stamp every page. They were just as good as the originals and served me in applications to different countries. Na still our Naija system no just dey treat our people right.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oluks05: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2014
oluks05:

Pls I wld appreciate if someone cld send me the IELTS exam, wld be writing this exam soon email, seyioluks(at)gmail.com Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2014
IllCheez:

Thanks. Do you think its possible that I use the legalized copy? Nyways, I guess the school will answer best. Tnx U guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (371) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.